The suspicion

The susbtitute
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seokjin huffed as he walked inside the kitchen and looked at Hoseok.

 

“Tell me you noticed how weird that woman has been acting ever since she got back from Daegu.” Seokjin said.

 

Hoseok nodded enthusiastically, “I did. She looks so different…” he said, “It’s almost as if she had been replaced with someone nicer…”

 

“Or that’s what she wants us to think.” Seokjin suggested.

 

“Have you seen the clothes she wore today? She took them out of Jimin’s closet. I almost couldn’t believe my eyes.” Hoseok said.

 

“That’s nothing compared with the fact that I saw her playing basketball with the kids and Jimin. I never thought I would live long enough to see something like this happen.” Seokjin said.

 

 

**

 

Yoongi forgot to knock on the door before opening his sister’s bedroom door. He regretted it instantly as soon as he opened the door, finding Jimin with only a towel wrapped around his waist. His sister’s husband was in front of the closet trying to find another suit to wear for the rest of the day since he ruined the one he was wearing previously because of his little adventure in the park.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know you were here.” Yoongi said as he looked away, “I’ll come back later.”

 

“Why? It’s not like you’ve never seen me before.” Jimin said with a smirk as he took a shirt and a tie out of the closet.

 

Yoongi chose to ignore Jimin’s remark and closed the door behind him. He made his way back to the guest room and waited for 10 minutes while sitting on the bed.

 

His little basketball adventure with the kids in the park made him sweat a lot. All he needed was a shower, but his sister’s clothes were on the room where Jimin was. Besides, Yoongi took preference in Jimin’s outfits than his sister’s.

 

After 10 minutes, he stood up from his bed and made his way back to Jimin’s bedroom. This time he remembered to knock on the door.

 

“Come in.” he heard Jimin say.

 

When he opened the door, Jimin was already dressed in a dark blue suit and trying to put on a dark red tie. Yoongi had to admit his sister’s husband looked good. The guy seemed to had gotten out of a magazine. He was really handsome and his smile was so bright.

 

“Ah, Yoonji. Can you help me with my tie? I can’t fix it…” Jimin said and Yoongi gulped.

 

! I don’t know how to fix a ing tie! He panicked.

 

“Uh, I think you should ask Hoseok to help you with that.” Yoongi suggested and Jimin furrowed his brow.

 

Jimin found it odd. Usually Yoonji would help him tie the knot on his tie but then again, she hasn’t been herself since she got back. The way she avoided him like the plague, the way she pushed him away when he tried to kiss her…It used to be the other way around: she was the one who would always take the initiative on their y times together.

 

The new Yoonji seemed to be afraid of him, nervous, cautious. The new Yoonji blushed when he gave her a quick peck on the lips when they were at the park. The new Yoonji was embarrassed to find him only wearing a towel after his shower. The new Yoonji was panicking in front of him because, apparently, she forgot how to tie a knot on her husband’s tie.

 

Jimin took a step towards her and she took a step back. Another one and another until she was pressed against the wall behind her.

 

Jimin looked closely at her features. He took a hand to caress her soft cheeks and looked at her straight in the eye.

 

“Who are you and what have you done to my wife?” Jimin whispered.

 

“What are you talking about? I’m your wife…” Yoongi managed to say but his voice trembled as he spoke.

 

Jimin hushed him and closed the distance between their lips. This time it wasn’t just a peck. It was something way different. It started slow, cautious. Yoongi tried to fight it but he eventually gave in, letting Jimin lead the kiss. And that was it. It stopped just as fast as it started.

 

Yoongi opened his eyes and met Jimin’s, who eyed him with a thousand questions but did not dare to ask a single one. Jimin took a step back with a confused look and made his way out of the room.

 

Yoongi’s legs gave out and he found himself letting his body drop on the floor, What just happened? he asked himself.

 

 

 

**

 

Jimin made his way out of the bedroom in a hurried pace.

 

That person inside my room is not Yoonji. He thought as he came downstairs, There is no way Yoonji would let me take the lead through a kiss.

 

“Hoseok. He must have noticed something isn’t right.” Jimin mumbled as he made his way to the kitchen. On the way he heard familiar voices and he stopped in his tracks to eavesdr

Please log in to read the full chapter