The guilt card

The susbtitute
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Would you believe me if I told you she was the one who had the idea of switching us?” Yoongi asked detective Kang as he crossed his arms in front of his chest, “She knew I was struggling to pay my mortgage so she suggested we made a deal.”

 

“So you accepted the deal?” detective Kang asked.

 

“Not at first.” Yoongi protested, “I told her to forget about it.”

 

“How did she manage to convince you then?”

 

“She has her way of getting whatever she wants.” Yoongi said, “Somehow, she managed to get me fired on the very next day. My boss didn’t even have a good excuse to fire me…”

 

“How do you know it was because of her?”

 

“Because I called her and she threatened she wouldn’t let me find a job unless I agreed on doing the switch.”

 

“That’s when you agreed?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“What was the agreement?”

 

“She told me she was going to Paris with a millionaire called Lee and that she was going to stay out of the country for a month. Meanwhile I would’ve to pretend being her in her household. She paid half of my mortgage on the day after we made the switch. The second half was supposed to be paid after she returned from Paris.” Yoongi explained.

 

Detective Kang nodded and searched on his file. He took a photograph and handed it to Yoongi.

 

“Who is this?” he asked.

 

Yoongi looked at the photograph. It was a photograph taken from the CCTV inside the bank where Yoonji supposedly went to make the payment.

 

“My sister.” Yoongi replied.

 

“How can I be sure the one in the photo is your sister and not you pretending to be her?” Detective Kang asked and Yoongi huffed.

 

“If it was taken the day after the switch, I was at the Park’s house. Anyone in there can confirm this.” Yoongi said.

 

“The resemblance between the two of you makes it almost impossible to tell each other apart.” Kang told him, “You see, your sister claims she went to Paris on the same day you switched with her, that the person in that photograph is not her but you dressed up like her. That you used her ID in order to get access to her bank account and files. Also, the mortgage payment was done fully, not half like you said.”

 

Yoongi looked at Kang with a surprised look on his face.

 

“She paid my mortgage completely? Good to know that the trouble she got me into is paying off…”

 

Detective Kang eyed him for a moment and sighed as he closed the file in his hands, “I’m going to hand the evidences we have to the prosecutor. He will decide if there’s enough evidence to accuse you and send you to trial or discontinue the law suit.”

 

“Does that mean I’m staying in jail in the meantime?” Yoongi asked.

 

Kang shook his head, “No. You are free to go as long as you leave an address and contact information regarding your whereabouts.”

 

“Oh.” Yoongi breathed in relief, “I’m totally fine with that.”

 

Detective Kang put his hand on Yoongi’s shoulder, “I hope things turn out well for you, young man.”

 

Yoongi looked at him with a surprised expression, “Thank you. I also hope that.”

 

The old detective gave him a reassuring smile and opened the door for him, “I hope I don’t have to see you again. Have a good evening.” Detective Kang told him as he showed him the way out.

 

Yoongi noticed Jimin and Jungkook were waiting for him near the exit. Little Jungkook made his way to Yoongi and jumped on his arms.

 

“Kookie! What are you doing here? You should be asleep.” Yoongi said as he picked the child up in his arms.

 

Jungkook shook his head, “I wanted to see you.” He said as he hugged Yoongi tight.

 

Jimin watched them with fondness, “I will give you a ride back home, Yoongi.” Jimin offered.

 

“You don’t have to. I can catch the bus.”

 

“But we want to.” Jungkook insisted.

 

“Don’t you have to go to kindergarten tomorrow? You should be asleep, Jungkook.” Yoongi reminded his nephew as they walked through the exit.

 

The child pouted, “But I can’t sleep at night without your bedtime stories…” he explained, “Seokjin tried to tell me a bedtime story before bed but it’s not the same.”

 

“My stories aren’t that interestin

Please log in to read the full chapter