The escape

The susbtitute
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jimin was the first to stand up in the morning. He was careful enough not to wake Yoongi and the kids up.

 

He took off his shirt and shorts and dived in the river. He swam for around five minutes until he noticed Yoongi was awake, sitting on the riverside, staring at him.

 

Jimin smiled at him and swam in his direction, “Hey…” Jimin said.

 

“Hey…” Yoongi replied.

 

“Join me?” Jimin suggested but Yoongi shook his head, “Why not?”

 

“You know why.” Yoongi said implying why he couldn’t take off his clothes and risk letting the kids know who he really was, “Besides…I can’t swim so…”

 

“You can’t swim? Oh my God!” Jimin teased.

 

“Yah! Stop laughing at me!” Yoongi whined as he splashed water at Jimin.

 

Jimin took the chance to grab Yoongi’s hand and pull him in the water. Yoongi gasped at the sudden cold water that surrounded his body and unconsciously grabbed Jimin’s arm for his own safety.

 

“Yah!! If I wasn’t afraid of drowning I would be killing you right now!” Yoongi mumbled as he tried to reach the riverside but Jimin didn’t let him.

 

Jimin smiled at him, “I won’t let you drown.”, he assured.

 

“You better not. I’ll haunt you for the rest of your days if you let me die in here.” Yoongi threatened playfully.

 

“That wouldn’t be so bad.” Jimin teased and Yoongi gave him a questioning look, “Being haunted by your spirit…It wouldn’t be so bad…” Jimin explained as a faint blush showed in his cheeks.

 

He wrapped his arms around Yoongi’s tiny waist and pulled him closer. Yoongi’s cheeks became reddish as he noticed Jimin’s face was way too close from his.

 

Holy !! He’s going to kiss me! What do I do now? Yoongi screamed internally.

 

Jimin leaned in for a kiss when he was stopped suddenly by a cold hand blocking his way to Yoongi’s lips. He opened his eyes to look at Yoongi with a confused look in his face.

 

Yoongi shook his head, “Don’t make things more complicated than they already are.” He said, “Can you help me reach the riverside? Please?” he pleaded as he looked away in a mix of shyness and regret.

 

Jimin nodded and helped him reach the riverside.

 

“I’m sorry.” Jimin murmured, “I didn’t mean to scare you.”

 

Before Yoongi could reply, Taehyung and Jungkook got out of the tent wearing only their swimming shorts and took a dive in the river to join their father.

 

Yoongi took the chance to get inside the tent and change clothes while the kids were distracted.

 

 

**

 

After spending the day walking through the woods and playing around with the kids, Jimin decided it was time to return home.

 

Neither him or Yoongi tried to speak to each other about the kiss they shared that morning inside the tent nor about the kiss that almost happened on the river. Things were already too awkward between them. There was no need to complicate things any further.

 

As they packed things up, Taehyung sat down next to Yoongi with a curious look.

 

“Why are you staring at me like that? Do I have something on my face?” Yoongi asked with a smile.

 

The child shook his head and whispered at him, “I’m just happy you’re here.” Taehyung said as he hugged him tightly.

 

Yoongi was sur

Please log in to read the full chapter