The return of Yoonji

The susbtitute
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoongi knew he couldn’t return to his house in Daegu because that would be the first place Jimin would come looking for him, so he decided to go to his friend’s house and stay there in the meantime.

 

His friend opened the door and stared at him with a confused expression, “Yoongi?”, his friend noticed something was wrong judging by the eyebags Yoongi had, “What’s wrong?” he asked as he stepped aside and allowed Yoongi to get inside his house.

 

“I made the biggest mistake of my life.” Yoongi threw himself on his friend’s couch and hid his face on the pillow.

 

“Care to explain?” his friend, Kihyun, sat down next to him and waited for an answer.

 

“I screwed up.”

 

“You always screw things up. You need to be more specific.” His friend , earning a pillow thrown at his face.

 

Yoongi turned around to face his friend and sighed, “I made a deal with Yoonji.”

 

His friend furrowed his brows and nodded, “Ok…what kind of deal?”

 

“I had to pretend to be her for a month while she’s gone to Paris in exchange for money to pay my mortgage.” He explained.

 

His friend widened his eyes, “Ok…” he encouraged him to continue.

 

“It didn’t work.” Yoongi said, “I can’t act like her and my voice is obviously different from hers.”

 

“Indeed.” Kihyun agreed.

 

“As soon as I arrived her house I was greeted with the two cutest kids I’ve ever seen.” He continued, “I think I screwed up right then when I hugged the kids because that’s something my sister would never do…”

 

His friend remained silent, encouraging him to continue.

 

“And her husband…he realized something was off as soon as I stepped in the house.” Yoongi said as his face heated up.

 

“Hold on! You’re blushing.” Kihyun said in a teasing way, “Don’t tell me you developed a crush on him.”

 

Yoongi covered his face with his hands in embarrassment, “It wasn’t supposed to be like that.”

 

“Oh my God! I need details!!! Did you guys kiss?” his friend asked him excitedly.

 

Yoongi nodded and uncovered his face, “He’s so nice…He doesn’t deserve what my sister and I did…”

 

“The kiss, how did it happen?” his friend ignored what he said and just wanted the juicy part of the story.

 

Yoongi sighed, “He kissed me as soon as I got inside the house.”

 

“Oh my God!!”

 

“I had to make up an excuse to avoid sharing the room with him so I told him I was sick and went to sleep in the guest room.” Yoongi said as he watched his friend giggle, “You’re enjoying my misery, aren’t you?”

 

His friend shook his head in denial, “No…I’m just curious…”

 

Yoongi ignored the mischievous look his friend gave him and continued telling the major details of his stay in his sister’s house, including the kiss when they went camping and the way little Taehyung seemed to notice Yoongi was about to leave them.

 

“And this is the reason why I’m here, Kihyun. I need a place to stay because I’m sure either Yoonji or Jimin will come looking for me in Daegu.”

 

“No problem, bro. You can stay for as long as you want.” Kihyun said, “Ah, man. You’re such a mess.” He said as he wiped his friend’s tears, “Oh my God, look at the time!! I have to go to work. Make yourself at home. I’ll be back in a few hours.” His friend said as he hurried himself to get his coat and car keys.

 

Yoongi stayed on the couch, wondering how his nephews were reacting to his absence. His thoughts suddenly drifted to his brother in law...he also wondered how Jimin would react to find out Yoongi was gone.

 

It’s for the best. Yoongi thought, I couldn’t stay any longer and risk getting more attached than I already am…

 

 

**

 

Taehyung refused to go to school without having Yoongi around to help him dress for school.

 

Jimin didn’t bother to insist. He promised his sons he would find their mother. His only concern was to find Yoongi and bring him back.

 

“Namjoon.” He called his chauffer from the window.

 

The chauffer looked up and waved at him, “Yes, sir?”

 

“Do you know where my brother in law lives?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Good. Prepare the car. We’re going to Daegu.” Jimin demanded.

 

 

**

 

Jimin got nervous on the way to Daegu. He wasn’t sure of what to do or tell to Yoongi when he got there.

 

I’m doing this for the kids…They want him back…Jimin told himself, I want him back. He admited.

 

It had only been two weeks of Yoongi’s presence in Jimin’s house. But those two weeks were the best in Jimin’s married life with Yoonji. He never had much fun with the kids before Yoongi switched roles with his wife. He never felt so much fondness for a person other than his own children.

 

The natural way Yoongi bonded with the kids instantly made Jimin’s heart beat fa

Please log in to read the full chapter