Done

New Rules
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: i know it's been a bit since my last update with this fic but hello! I hope you enjoy this chap :)

"Can I see you?"

Jennie paused at the question Seulgi directed at her through the phone. She bit her lip, chewing on it thoughtfully- she wanted to see her, but the larger part of herself suspected the conversation they would have would be their last. Nevertheless, she sighed.

"Sure." she replied. Seulgi told her she'd be over in ten minutes, hanging up soon after. Jennie rubbed her face and sighed into her hands, dreading the meeting to come. She heard Jisoo cursing in the living room, probably frustrated over the game she was playing. Jennie removed her hands from her face, standing up and walking out of her room to the living room. Jisoo sat on the couch with her computer, mashing away at keys and the mouse.

"Seulgi's coming over." Jennie announced. Jisoo glanced up at her briefly before returning her gaze to the screen.

"Okay." Was all Jisoo said. Jennie narrowed her eyes in annoyance.

"Meaning, I'd rather us talk privately." Jennie said, hoping Jisoo would get the message. Jisoo paused in her playing and looked up again, then opened in a little 'o'.

"Ah, I get it. I'm in the way. Don't worry, I'll take this somewhere else." Jisoo said, standing up with her computer. Jennie didn't meet her eyes as she brushed past her, walking down the hall to Jennie's room and shutting the door. Jennie sat where Jisoo was moments ago and waited. Waited for the inevitable conversation she and Seulgi were going to have.

She sat there, head in her hands up until there was a soft knock on her door. Jennie felt her heart wrench painfully in her chest, a lump already forming in as she stood up and walked over to it. She took a deep breath to calm her nerves, opening the door slowly. Seulgi stood there, looking down at her shoes. When the door opened, her head whipped up and she smiled at Jennie, which Jennie tried her best to return. Jennie stepped aside, allowing Seulgi to walk inside and make her way to the couch. Jennie shut the door, joining her soon after and sitting next to her.

"How have you been?" Seulgi asked. Jennie shrugged at the question, not really knowing how to answer. Seulgi nodded at the silence, clearing . "How's your guest?" Seulgi asked next. Jennie subtly tensed at the question, but ultimately shrugged again. Seulgi sighed with frustration. "Jennie, please talk to me." Seulgi said. Jennie finally met her eyes, her heart breaking at the desperation in them.

"What's there to talk about?" Jennie finally said. Seulgi narrowed her eyes.

"Everything? I don't know. We've both been very distant and I don't like that. Tell me what to do- I'll do anything, Jennie. I don't want to lose you." Seulgi said, each word driving a nail deep in Jennie's heart. Jennie looked away again as Seulgi continued. "I'll stay away from Irene, I'll call you more, I'll do whatever you ask." Seulgi said, pleading. Jennie felt the familiar build up in her chest again at her words. She sighed shakily and returned her gaze to Seulgi's. She saw the sadness in them, the vulnerability- she wanted to salvage whatever was left between them and Jennie knew it. Jennie decided right then and there- she needed to come clean, needed to tell Seulgi what she's been keeping from her this whole time.

"Seulgi, I have something to tell you." Jennie finally said, Seulgi sitting up straighter at her words. She nodded quickly, ready to listen. Jennie cleared , swallowing the lump in it as she began to speak. "My guest? Jisoo? She's more than just an old friend." Jennie said, staring at Seulgi to gauge her reaction. She remained stoic, listening intently to what Jennie had to say. "Long story short, Jisoo is my Irene, essentially." Jennie said. Seulgi blinked at that, but remained silent.

"A year ago, Jisoo and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter