New Year, New Me

New Rules
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After that incident, Jennie wanted to avoid Jisoo forever.

Not because she hated it, or because it made her uncomfortable. No, it was because she didn't hate it and didn't make her uncomfortable that she wanted to avoid Jisoo. She could still feel Jisoo's lips there, could feel how soft they were. What scared her was that she wanted to feel them again.

Her plan of avoiding Jisoo was quite difficult, however, since the girl practically lived with her now. Whenever she would leave her bedroom, Jisoo was there. Whenever she went to the kitchen to get a late night snack, Jisoo was there. Having her in her own apartment made it much harder to stay away from the older girl.

Jennie got her wish for a few fleeting minutes one day when she walked out of her bedroom to see Jisoo nowhere in sight. She furrowed her eyebrows and searched around her apartment, the older girl nowhere to be found. Jennie started to panic until she saw a note taped to the fridge in the kitchen. She walked to it and ripped it off.

"I'm out for a bit. I'll be back later, so don't worry." Jennie read out from the note, Jisoo's signature in the bottom corner confirming it was from her. Jennie flipped the note over, hoping for some form of explanation as to where the girl could have gone. There was nothing.

Jennie huffed and threw the note on the table, chewing on her bottom lip. She didn't have to wait long for Jisoo to return, because seconds later the girl in question entered the apartment and closed the door. Jennie jumped slightly and then stared at Jisoo, shock on her face. She blinked, not fully recognizing the girl in front of her. She also felt a familiar knot in her stomach at the sight of her, but she chose to ignore that.

"Jisoo, what- what did you do?" Jennie asked. Jisoo ran a hand through her now sleek black hair, smirking slightly.

"Do you like it? I thought I would get a change. New year, new me." Jisoo said, playing with her own hair. Jennie blinked.

"Jisoo, it's August. New years is months away." Jennie replied, fighting the smile that was threatening to overtake her lips. Jisoo pouted at her.

"So? It can still apply." Jisoo argued, continuing to play with her own hair as she walked over to the couch. Jennie came over to join her, sitting down in the chair next to it.

"What brought this on? The truth this time." Jennie said to her. Jisoo paused in playing with her hair and looked at Jennie. She dropped her hands and sighed.

"New year, new me is only half of it. I really did want a change. The other half is because-" Jisoo bit her lip. "I don't know. There are a lot of bad memories with my purple hair and I wanted to feel... Refreshed? Like I'm free of those bad memories and I can get my life back together sooner." Jisoo said, shrugging at the end. Jennie blinked at the surprisingly deep answer, taking in her words.

"I know, it's stupid I guess." Jisoo said, crossing her arms and leaning back into the couch. Jennie shook her head rapidly.

"No, no. It's not stupid. I like that." Jennie said. "It makes sense."

Jisoo looked up at her. "You think so?" She asked, happiness seeping into her voice at the fact that Jennie approved. Jennie nodded at her, a small smile on her face. Jisoo smiled back. "So, does that mean you like it?" Jisoo asked, hopeful. Jennie looked at her new black hair, feeling the same knot in her stomach as before. She willed it to go away, but she couldn't deny that Jisoo looked hot. Really hot. Of course, she wouldn't say that out loud.

"It looks good. I like it." Was all she said, keeping her answer somewhat tame. Jisoo was content with that answer, smiling wide and nodding.

"I feel like this will help me. After all the advice and help you've given me, I'm starting to feel more confident. I'm starting to feel like I don't need Jinyoung anymore. Now that those bad memories are in the past, I feel like I can make good ones." Jisoo said, looking at Jennie. Jennie couldn't help but smile at her.

"I'm glad to hear that Jisoo. I'm so proud of you." Jennie said sincerely.

"And I'm proud of myself." Jisoo replied.

Suddenly, Jennie's phone went off, startling both of them from their deep conversation. Jennie smiled apologetically and answered it.

"Hello?" Jennie said.

"Jennie! We've missed you, how have you been?" Lisa said through the phone. Jennie smiled upon hearing her friends voice.

"I've been alright. How about you?" Jennie replied.

"I've been good! Kind of stressed because someone is already bugging out over wedding plans when we don't even have a date set." Lisa said, most likely referring to Chaeyoung. Jennie faintly heard protests in the background and giggled.

"It's an important time for you guys. If it were me, I'd be bugging out too." Jennie said. She heard Lisa hum as a reply. "So what did you want?" Jennie asked.

"Oh, nothing special. Just wanted to check in. I can leave you alone now-"

"No, wait!" Jennie suddenly shouted, glancing at Jisoo who was scrolling through her own phone now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter