The Third Rule

New Rules
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jennie, please open the door." Jisoo said on the other side.

Jennie didn't move, only stayed in the same spot on her bed. She wasn't sure why she was as affected about Seulgi as she was, considering she knew this was most likely coming at some point. But the fact that it was partly her fault, and the fact that she really did care about the girl made it that much harder.

"Jennie, come on." Jisoo tried again. Jennie wiped her wet eyes and finally sat up, looking at her bedroom door. She sat there for another minute or so, just staring until Jisoo knocked again. Does she ever give up?

Jennie sighed deeply and got off the bed, walking to the door and opening it. She immediately turned away and went back to her bed, curling up in a ball like before. She heard Jisoo enter and close the door again, her soft footsteps then making their way over to the bed. Jennie felt the bed dip next to her, indicating that Jisoo had sat down. Jennie didn't turn or even acknowledge she was there.

"Jennie, are you okay? Do you need anything?" Jisoo asked. Jennie hated the fluttery feeling in her heart whenever Jisoo did that- whenever she would comfort her.

Jennie stayed silent, but gave Jisoo a half-hearted shrug as an answer. Jisoo sighed and clasped her hands together, fiddling with her fingers.

"Look, Jennie. I'm not sure what to say here. I'm sorry about Seulgi though- I know you really liked her." Jisoo said. "If you want to talk about it, I'm here for you." Jisoo finished, ready to stand up and leave the room again. Jennie held her breath and listened for her footsteps, which began going towards the door. She suddenly sat up.

"Wait." Jennie said weakly. Jisoo immediately stopped and turned around. Jennie sighed and looked away, patting the spot where Jisoo was moments before. Jisoo sat there again, waiting for Jennie to speak.

"I-I don't know. I really liked Seulgi so losing her like this it just... Hurts." Jennie said. "I knew it was coming- I ing knew it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt." 

"You knew it was coming? How?" Jisoo asked, curious. Jennie tensed up, the question resonating inside her. She cleared and picked at loose threads on her blanket, waiting a bit to formulate an answer.

"I just knew." Jennie said. "A girl from her past came back in her life and I could tell she still loved her. I knew this was going to end." Jennie said, a sad smile on her face as she looked at Jisoo. Anger flashed in Jisoo's eyes.

"Did she cheat on you?" Jisoo said, tone almost scary. Jennie shook her head rapidly.

"No, no- of course not. She'd never do that." Jennie said. "She never cheated, but I could tell her feelings were still there."

The anger disappeared from Jisoo's eyes and she nodded, calming down slightly. Jennie hated to admit that Jisoo's protective nature made her heart melt. Jisoo remained silent, waiting for more. Jennie sighed.

"It's simple. She loved someone else and I couldn't stop it." Jennie said, a sad tone in her voice. "But, if she's happy then I'm happy. I'll be okay soon." Jennie said, trying to reassure herself and also Jisoo. Jisoo was silent for a minute or so, but Jennie didn't mind. She would much rather silence at this point than Jisoo grilling her with more questions. Jisoo had one more question though.

"And what about you?" Jisoo asked. Jennie met her eyes in confusion.

"What about me?" Jennie asked, slightly confused and nervous as to what she was talking about. Jisoo stared back at her, her brown eyes boring intensely into hers- when did she get so close?

"Do you love someone else?" Jisoo said in a quiet tone, just above a whisper. Jennie felt her heart stop, her body tensing slightly at the question. She swallowed thickly and cleared , breaking the eye contact with Jisoo.

"No, I don't." She said, hoping her voice didn't betray her. Silence followed her response, Jennie keeping her eyes on her blanket to avoid looking at Jisoo. She saw Jisoo's hand reach forward, grabbing hers gently. Her heart pounded in her ears as she st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter