Reunion

New Rules
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been two days since the incident at the restaurant. Jennie had texted Seulgi multiple times that very night, but never got an answer. She only got one text the next morning that simply read, "I'm okay." and that was it.

Jennie had to admit, she was hurt. She missed Seulgi and the fact that she didn't know what had happened meant that she couldn't do anything to help. She felt useless just sitting on her couch, waiting for the girl to text her. She wondered if this was all her doing- was she being too distant? Was Seulgi done with her already only after about a week of dating? Jennie didn't want to go there, but her mind had other plans.

Lisa and Chaeyoung had dropped by, checking in on her after she had told them the situation. They were sweet- bringing her candy and hugs, spending time with her until they both had to leave. She appreciated their efforts, but all she wanted was Seulgi- wanted to see her face, hear her voice- wanted an explanation.

It seemed some higher power was listening to her silent pleas because just as Jennie was about to lay on the couch to get some shuteye, someone knocked on her door. She quickly shot off the couch and ran to it, opening it in seconds. Seulgi stood there, bags under her eyes and makeup not done as well as it usually was. Jennie looked at her, Seulgi giving an awkward and tired smile.

"Hey." Seulgi said. Jennie stared at her incredulously, sudden anger flaring up in her.

"Hey'? That's all you have to say? 'Hey'?" She said, voice rising with each word. Seulgi winced and looked down, fiddling with her fingers. "Seulgi, I've been waiting for a text from you, a call- anything. You've barely contacted me and all you think to say is 'hey'?" Jennie continued, practically yelling at this point.

"Shhh, okay, okay- calm down. Let me explain." Seulgi pleaded, hoping Jennie would let her inside. Jennie stood there, hand on the door. She finally stepped aside, allowing Seulgi to enter. The girl smiled thankfully and made her way inside, already going towards the couch to sit down. Jennie closed the door and turned, crossing her arms. Seulgi patted the spot next to her on the couch, Jennie walking over and sitting down soon after. Jennie sat there, waiting for an explanation to come out Seulgi. There was only silence.

"If you're not going to tell me, then just le-" she was cut off when a sob came out of Seulgi's mouth, the girl burying her face in her hands. Jennie was startled- the sudden crying taking her off guard. She quickly moved, wrapping her arms around Seulgi and holding her as sobs wracked her body. Jennie rubbed her back gently, concern filling her eyes as she watched her girlfriend cry her heart out. After several minutes, Seulgi's crying eventually came to a halt. She heard her sniffling as she wiped her eyes, finally lifting her head to look at Jennie. Seulgi's makeup was smeared and she looked like a raccoon- but Jennie still found her beautiful.

"I have something to tell you." Seulgi said, voice rough from crying. Jennie sat up straighter, gripping Seulgi's hand as a sign of support. Seulgi took a deep breath.

"Whatever it is Seulgi, it'll be okay. I want to help." Jennie said sincerely. Seulgi smiled slightly and nodded, ready to finally speak.

"Irene and I.. Used to date. Sort of." Seulgi confessed, looking at Jennie to gauge her reaction. Jennie kept her face blank, only letting out a single blink at the statement.

"Okay? Is that it? What's the problem?" Jennie said, confused as to why this would be an issue. Seulgi bit her lip and sighed, closing her eyes.

"The problem is that it was just that- only sort of dating. I loved her- I even told her I did. But when I did she just-" Tears formed in Seulgi's eyes, the girl desperately blinking them away to continue her explanation. "She just brushed it off.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter