Don't Let Him In

New Rules
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They didn't talk about the rules later that night like Jennie had wanted. By the time Jennie plucked up the courage to actually leave her bedroom, Jisoo was asleep on the couch. Did she ever stop sleeping?

Jennie huffed and made her way into the kitchen, ready to make some dinner. She opened the fridge and frowned at seeing there really wasn't much to eat. She pulled out her phone and called in to order take out.

"Hello! This is The Sushi Angel. How can I help you?" a chipper voice said through the phone. Jennie recognized it as Yeri and immediately smiled.

"Hey, Yeri." Jennie said. She heard a gasp on the other end.

"Jennie unnie! How are you? We haven't seen you in ages." Yeri said. Jennie could imagine the pout on her face.

"I know, I'm sorry. Just got busy. I was hoping I could get something delivered?" Jennie asked.

"Of course! What would you like?" Yeri replied. Jennie ordered her usual and then said bye to Yeri, hanging up. She sat in the chair next to the couch and scrolled through her phone to pass the time. Jennie stole glances at a sleeping Jisoo every now and then. She looked so peaceful.

About ten minutes later, a knock came on her door. She stood up and walked to the door, opening it. Her stomach twisted at who was behind it.

"Delivery for Jennie Kim?" the delicate voice said. The woman seemed to not recognize her right away, but when she looked long enough she seemed to remember who she was. "Oh! Hello Jennie." she said in a soft voice, tiny smile on her face.

"Hello, Irene." Jennie said, jaw clenching slightly at the sight of the older woman. Irene held the bag out to her, which Jennie took quickly.

"That'll be $20.95." Irene said. Jennie pulled out her wallet and handed her the money, Irene thanking her and pocketing it.

"Aren't you the owner? Why are you making deliveries?" Jennie asked, genuinely curious despite how much she wanted to slam the door in this girl's face.

"I am, yes. But we're short staffed right now and I don't want to overwork Yeri. Wendy is always busy with the cooking and baking so..." Irene trailed off, shrugging at the end. Jennie had to admit that this girl seemed sweet. Jennie nodded at her.

"Right, I get that. Well, thanks for the delivery. Have a good night." Jennie said to her, genuine smile on her face as she began to close her door. Irene smiled back and bowed politely, despite being older than her, starting to make her way down the hall. Jennie closed her door and walked to her chair, placing the bag down on the table in front of her. Jisoo was still lying there, asleep.

Jennie reached out and shook the sleeping girl. It took a few moments, but Jisoo finally stirred and opened her sleepy eyes.

"Time to wake up. I have food." Jennie said to her. Jisoo didn't respond, just rubbed the sleep out of her eyes as she sat up. She looked around for a bit, trying to figure out where she was after such a long nap. She glanced at the bag in front of her, some of the contents already out on the table. She smiled and reached out, taking some food and beginning to eat. Jennie rolled her eyes and did the same, silence surrounding them once again.

In the middle of eating, Jennie thought it would be a good time to bring up what she wanted to earlier that day.

"So," she began. "We need to talk about what happened." Jennie said. Jisoo paused in eating and glanced up at her.

"About what?" Jisoo replied. Jennie narrowed her eyes at the older girl.

"You know what I'm talking about." Jennie said. Jisoo's shoulders slumped and she placed her food on the table.

"Fine." Jisoo said, crossing her arms. Jennie continued to eat and talk at the same time.

"Why did you let him in?" Jennie asked. Jisoo sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

"I don't know." Jisoo said.

"You have to know."

"Well, I don't."

"There has to be a reason." Jennie said, finally finishing her food and placing the empty plate on the table. Jisoo sighed in frustration.

"I don't know! He just- he was aggressive last night and started coming in and it kind of scared me so I just- I just let him. And when he started touching me-" Jisoo said, cutting herself off. She began speaking again. "When he started touching me, it felt good. Not good as in it was sweet and tender and we made love- no, it felt good as in he was rough and it hurt and I wanted that." Jisoo said, laying it all out in the open for Jennie to hear. Jennie remained silent, taking in her words. Jisoo continued.

"I know that's probably ed up. You're probably disgusted but you just don't understand." Jisoo said. Jennie's eyes snapped up.

"I understand plenty." Jennie said without thinking. Jisoo met her eyes, confusion in them. Jennie mentally berated herself for letting that slip- the only way she'd know was if she went through a similar thing to Jisoo. And if she admitted that, Jisoo could figure out she sent the book in the first place. She had to change the subject.

"Um, anyway. So you want to be hurt that way?" Jennie asked. Jisoo stared at her for several seconds before looking down at the floor. She shrugged weakly, not replying. "Jisoo." Jennie said softly, reaching a hand out to touch her hand lightly. She felt tingles shoot through her arm at the touch, Jisoo's soft hand closing around hers. Jennie gulped and tried to focus.

"Jisoo, you don't deserve that. You deserve passion and love and you deserve to be taken care of. You don't deserve something like that, you deserve so much better." Jennie said, meaning every word. Jisoo looked up at her, tears collecting in her eyes. Jennie smiled at her, hoping it would show that she was being serious.

"You mean that?" Jisoo said, voice soft and shaky. Jennie nodded firmly.

"One hundred percent." Jennie said. Jisoo took a deep breath and wiped her tears, nodding and looking away. She said nothing, but Jennie concluded that her words must have had at least some impact on her. Jennie pulled her hand away, the warmth leaving her immediately. "Okay, so. Now that we've talked about it, is there anything else you want to talk about?" Jennie asked. Jisoo remained silent, lost in her thoughts. Jennie cleared awkwardly and stood up.

"Okay, then. I'm gonna go out for a bit. Did you- Did you want to come?" Jennie asked, stuttering slightly. That seemed to get Jisoo's attention.

"You want me to come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter