Old Faces

New Rules
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jenne didn't realize that she had fallen asleep until someone started shaking her to wake her up. She lifted her head off the car window groggily, eyes still heavy from sleep. Seulgi was shaking her.

"Hey, wake up. We're here." Seulgi said softly. Jennie blinked a few times to wake herself up a bit more and looked out the window, eyes immediately widening.

"An amusement park?" she said incredulously. She whipped her head over to Seulgi, who was grinning at her. Jennie squealed like a little kid and lunged forward, pulling Seulgi into a tight hug. Then she quickly opened her car door and stepped out, excited to finally go to an amusement park after so long. Seulgi laughed at her and followed her lead, stepping out of the car and making her way around to stand next to her. Jennie grabbed her hand and started dragging her to the entrance where they give their passes and recieve bands for the rides. Once they were in line, Seulgi dug around in her pocket and pulled out two passes, Jennie absolutely vibrating beside her. She shook her head at the girl, smile on her face as they finally made it to the front of the line. Seulgi handed the lady behind the glass their two passes and both girls stuck their arms into the holes, bands wrapped around their wrists soon after.

"Come on, let's go!" Jennie said, grabbing Seulgi's hand again and quickly walking into the park, eyes wide with wonder at all the rides. Seulgi just allowed herself to be pulled, eyes glued to the other girl as her excitement radiated off of her. Seulgi's heart melted at the sight, glad that she was able to put that smile on Jennie's face.

"Where should we go first?" Jennie said, turning to Seulgi, blinking in surprise when she saw she was already looking at her. Jennie's cheeks turned a tinge of pink, looking away slightly at the intensity of her gaze.

"We'll go wherever you want to go. I'm fine with anything, babe." the pet name slipped out before Seulgi had time to take it back. Jennie's eyes shot up to hers. Seulgi seemed surprised at herself for saying it, but she cleared and smiled awkwardly. Jennie decided to have mercy on the girl and just smiled, looking away and at all the rides. She thought for a moment, then saw a big roller coaster some ways down. She perked up and started dragging Seulgi towards it.

"Come on, let's go on this one!" Jennie squealed. Seulgi's stomach knotted at the sight of the coaster.

This'll be a long night for her.

~~

Several rides and games later, the two girls sat at one of the picnic tables. They had ordered some food and honestly they were both glad to have a little break- who knew roller coaster riding would take so much out of them.

Seulgi finished first and just watched Jennie as she was finishing up hers. Jennie felt eyes on her and lifted her head, mouth full of food. Seulgi laughed slightly at the girl, reaching over to wipe some food off her lips. Jennie's cheeks formed a blush and she looked down again, finishing her food quickly so they could go on more rides.

"You should choose the next ride, Seulgi. We've just been doing what I want this whole time. It's your turn." Jennie said. Seulgi glanced around at some of the rides they haven't been on yet and thought to herself. Jennie saw her eyes linger on the Ferris Wheel.

"Wanna try that one?" Seulgi said, pointing to it. Jennie could feel her stomach tie into knots at the thought of being on there, with Seulgi, alone. Of course, they've kissed before- thanks to Jennie. But for some reason, this night felt different. They felt different. And although it was going to be cliche, Jennie suspected they'd be kissing by the end of the Ferris Wheel ride. She wasn't complaining though.

She nodded and with that, Seulgi gently grabbed her hand and lead her towards the ride. They stood in line, Seulgi still holding her hand. Jennie secretly hoped that her hands weren't sweating. They probably were.

They finally made it onto the ride and it started doing the rounds of getting people onto the ride. Then it started doing loops. Seulgi had retracted her hand from Jennie's and wrapped her arm around her shoulders, Jennie leaning her head onto Seulgi's shoulder. She sighed in content and watched the beautiful glow of the sunset. She was happy.

Eventually, the ride ended and they found themselves right at the top as the workers below got people off. Seulgi suddenly sat up, making Jennie pull her head away from her to look at her. Seulgi was nervous, she could tell. She waited patiently as Seulgi seemed to be having an internal battle with herself. One side inside of her seemed to win as she reached out and grabbed both of Jennie's hands gently. She squeezed them, a smile on her face. Seulgi started leaning towards her, inching closer to her face, just like Jennie expected. Her heart hammered in her chest as she closed her eyes, waiting to feel those soft lips

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter