Confrontation

New Rules
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie sat on her couch for what seemed like hours. She sighed heavily and rubbed her face. She needed to stop this. She was getting in too deep and sooner or later, something bad was going to happen. Jennie could feel it in her gut.

She grabbed her phone, intent on calling Jisoo and stopping this once and for all. However, she was interrupted when someone called her. She looked at the ID and sighed again, answering it.

"Hello?" Jennie said, trying to keep her voice neutral.

"Jennie! I've been calling you and texting you- where the hell did you go? We need to talk." Seulgi said on the other line, concern lacing her voice. Jennie ran a hand through her hair as she listened to her girlfriend. "Can I please come over?" Seulgi asked.

Jennei thought for a moment- did she really want Seulgi here? An image of Jisoo flashed in her mind, making her shake her head.

"Fine." Was all Jennie said, hanging up before Seulgi could say anything else. Jennie threw her phone down next to her, leaning back on the couch and crossing her arms. She sat there, waiting for the inevitable. After about twenty minutes, a knock came on her door. She stood up and took a deep breath, walking to the door and opening. Seulgi stood there, seemingly surprised that she even opened the door. Jennie stepped aside, allowing Seulgi to walk inside her apartment. Jennie shut the door and turned around, facing Seulgi.

"Can we sit down?" Seulgi asked cautiously. Jennie wordlessly walked towards the couch, sitting down in the chair next to it as Seulgi sat on the couch itself. They didn't say anything at first, silence surrounding them like a blanket. Seulgi broke it.

"Where did you go?" Seulgi asked, pulling her eyes up from the floor to look at Jennie. Jennie didn't look back, just shrugged.

"Somewhere." Jennie replied, monotone. Seulgi nodded slowly, not taking her eyes off of her. Jennie's stomach twisted at the prolonged staring, causing her to finally meet Seulgi's eyes. They looked sad- empty almost. Jennie's heart broke slightly.

"I won't push you to ask where you went, then." Seulgi said. "That's not what I'm here to talk about, anyway."

Jennie nodded at her, having anticipated the topic of their conversation ever since Seulgi called her. Seulgi continued.

"I want you to know that I'm really sorry. I should have told you about the problems I was having- you're my girlfriend and you deserve to know. I just-" she paused, thinking of her words. "I don't know. I didn't want to worry you and we had just started dating. I didn't want to suddenly spring that on you, you know? So I kept it hidden. And Irene found out and wanted to help me- that's all that was, I swear." Seulgi explained, staring into Jennie's eyes to let her know she was serious. For some reason, Jennie had this nagging feeling at the back of her mind when Seulgi spoke. Like there was a lie hidden in there.

Jennie stared at Seulgi, Seulgi staring back. Jennie chewed on her bottom lip, debating with herself. She decided that she really missed Seulgi- even if they had only seen each other just that day, they've been getting distant from each other- she didn't like that.

Jennie sighed and stood up, going to sit down beside Seulgi on the couch. She grabbed her hand, squeezing it gently. She looked up and met Seulgi's surprised eyes, a smile on her face.

"I forgive you. I'm sorry for just leaving like that. I should have heard you out. Next time, I will." Jennie said. Seulgi sighed with relief and nodded, a smile coming to her face. Jennie giggled and leaned in, giving Seulgi a peck on the lips. She still got tingles after all that's happened. She pulled away, but Seulgi placed a hand on the back of her neck, pulling her back in for more.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter