Thoughts

New Rules
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wait, you what?"

Jennie sighed and buried her head in her hands. She really wished Chaeyoung wouldn't shout all the time.

"I kissed Jisoo." Jennie said again. She looked up as Chaeyoung sat down in the chair next to the couch, processing Jennie's words. Lisa was out that day- Jennie vaguely remembered Chaeyoung saying that she went looking for a dress of her own for the wedding, or a suit, whichever she wanted to wear.

And here Jennie sat, on Chaeyoung's couch at her apartment. After leaving Jisoo, she walked all the way to Chaeyoung and Lisa's place to talk to them about her current situation. She found only Chaeyoung here, the girl bugging out over wedding venues for the two lovers.

"I heard you the first time but- why did this happen, Jennie? You tried so hard to get over her." Chaeyoung replied. Jennie sighed again and leaned back into the couch.

"I know." Jennie said. "It just- it just happened. She was consantly there- at my apartment, with me. It was hard not thinking about her. It was probably the dumbest decision of my life, to be honest."

"No kidding."

Jennie gave the girl a slight glare, to which Chaeyoung raised both hands in a mock surrender. Jennie looked away again. "I just- I wanted to help her. And I did. But when she finally left-" Jennie cut herself off, swallowing the lump in before continuing. "When she left, I realized how much I already missed her. How I wanted her in my life still." She said.

Chaeyoung sat there, hanging onto every word. 

"Remember those questions you asked me that one day, Chaeng?" Jennie asked, glancing up at the younger girl. Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows, trying to remember. "You asked if I loved her." Jennie said. Chaeyoung nodded, indicating she remembered. "I've- I've figured out myself that I do." she said, the first time she's said the words aloud. Chaeyoung pursed her lips, still remaining silent. "And then you asked me if I can imagine being with her."

"And can you?" Chaeyoung said, finally saying something. Jennie bit her lip, being careful not to touch the split in it. She explained what happened to Chaeyoung- vaguely. She kept out the part where Jinyoung was actually Jisoo's ex, opting instead to say she got mobbed. It wasn't a complete lie, but she didn't want Chaeyoung snooping into Jisoo's past. That was Jisoo's decision to make- if she wanted others to know.

Jennie sighed deeply.

"That's just it, Chaeng- I don't know. Whenever I think about being with her- thoughts of her hurting me come back in my mind and I can't stop them." Jennie said. "She used me, messed with me- and I don't know if I can fully trust her again." She finished, a tear rolling down her cheek. She wiped it away quickly as Chaeyoung sat there in silence, mulling over her words.

"Jennie." Chaeyoung said. Jennie looked up at her. Chaeyoung leaned forward, reaching over and taking the girl's hand in her own. She squeezed it tightly. "I don't know what to tell you- I can't control your feelings, or your actions. What I can do is tell you that if you love her, and if she's been getting better like you said, maybe give her a chance."

That caught Jennie off guard- she expected Chaeyoung to get angry at her, expected her to go off about Jisoo and tell her not to go after her again. Jennie blinked in surprise, Chaeyoung letting out a tiny laugh at the reaction.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter