The Second Rule

New Rules
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jennie, please listen to me."

Jennie sighed and looked up from where her eyes were trained on the floor. Seulgi sat across from her on the chair while Jennie sat on the couch. Jisoo had escaped early and was occupying herself in her bedroom playing with her dogs.

"What, Seulgi?" Jennie said, no patience whatsoever. Seulgi sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

"I swear to you, nothing is going on between Irene and I. I want you." Seulgi said, voice filled with desperation. Jennie looked away again as she listened, the words Seulgi were spewing not doing much to reassure her. "Please, I promise. I only want you. Irene is my past." Seulgi said. Jennie bit her lip and met her eyes again, sadness filling them.

"She's your past, but do you want her to be your future too?" Jennie said in a broken voice. Seulgi blinked at her once, eyes filled with confusion.

"What are you talking about?" Seulgi asked. Jennie sighed and rubbed her face, then looked up at Seulgi once more.

"I see the way you look at her, Seulgi. She may have hurt you in the past, but from my perspective it seems like she's made up for that somehow. I don't know how, but she has. And I know you like me, Seulgi. But you love her." Jennie said, tears collecting in her eyes. Seulgi remained silent after that, looking away and down at the floor. Jennie didn't say anything either, only tore her eyes away from the girl and looked at the floor as well. Seulgi broke the silence.

"Jennie, please." she said, standing up and kneeling down in front of her while she sat on the couch still. Jennie jumped slightly at the movement and looked into Seulgi's eyes, the kneeling girl taking hold of both of her hands. "I don't love her. I want you, not her. She doesn't mean anything to me now." Seulgi said, pleading with her. Jennie allowed her to hold her hands, but tears continued collecting in her eyes, one managing to escape. Seulgi reached up and wiped it away, waiting for a response.

"Seulgi." Jennie said, voice strained. "You say that, but you're always with her now. Always having fun with her, laughing and talking. How am I supposed to feel?" Jennie said. Seulgi sighed and squeezed her hands.

"I don't know. I'm sorry but I swear to you, nothing is going on. You're my girlfriend, not her." Seulgi replied. Jennie fell silent, thinking on her words. A shrill laugh cut into the silence and both girl whipped their heads over to Jennie's bedroom. Kuma bounded out of it with something in his mouth, Jisoo quick to chase him. She ran out of the bedroom, then stopped short at all the eyes on her. Kuma layed down near her, chewing on what was in his mouth. Jennie looked closer and saw it was one of Jisoo's socks.

"Um, I'm sorry I didn't mean to- to interrupt I was just trying to get my sock back..." Jisoo said awkwardly, scratching the back of her neck. She quickly bent down and grabbed Kuma, bringing him back to Jennie's bedroom while wrestling for her sock. Jennie shook her head, a small smile on her face at the interaction. The first smile's she's had on her face since Seulgi came over.

Seulgi glanced between Jennie and the bedroom where Jisoo was. She removed her hands from Jennie's and went to sit back in her original spot. She sighed deeply.

"Jennie, please give me another chance. I want to be a good girlfriend to you." Seulgi begged. Jennie turned and met her eyes, heart clenching at the sadness and desperation in them. Was she desperate to be with her or was she just desperate to have a distraction from Irene? Jennie wondered. Jennie sighed.

"Just- just give me some time, Seulgi. Okay?" Jennie said, breaking eye contact. She saw Seulgi nod in the corner of her eye, then she stood up.

"I'll wait for as long as you need, Jennie. I'll always wait for you." Seulgi said, her words stinging Jennie like a wasp. Jennie closed her eyes as Seulgi walked away and out of her apartment. Once she heard the door close, she leaned back into the couch and rubbed her face. She kept her eyes closed, even when she heard soft footsteps coming out of her room and towards her. They stopped suddenly.

"Jennie? Are you okay?" Jisoo said, the concern evident in her voice. Jennie didn't open her eyes, only shrugged weakly and sat there. "Do you want to talk about it?" Jisoo continued. Jennie paused, thinking on that. Finally, she opened her eyes and met Jisoo's.

"I'm not sure." Jennie said honestly. Jisoo smiled sadly and moved to sit down beside her on the couch. Jennie fiddled with her fingers, not sure what to say. Jisoo beat her to it.

"You don't have to talk. I won't force you to. But if you want to, I'm here." Jisoo said, reaching out to squeeze Jennie's hand. Jennie glanced at the hand on hers, the action causing her heart to pick up and her arm to feel all tingly. She wished it would stop doing that whenever Jisoo did anything. Jennie pulled her hand away.

"I'm alright. But thank you Jisoo." Jennie said, giving her a tiny smile and then standing up. She needed some space, needed to be away from Jisoo and her confusing feelings and thoughts for just a minute. She needed to talk to someone, that'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter