One Year Later

New Rules
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: jennie's outfit

Jennie sighed for what felt like the hundredth time. She loved her friends, truly, but at this moment she wanted to strangle the both of them.

She stared at herself in the mirror, looking herself up and down. She had to admit that her friends had taste when it came to outfits- she looked good. Though, that still doesn't change the fact that they set her up for yet another date and she was tired. She wanted to meet people on her own terms, when she was ready. But her friends couldn't seem to grasp that concept.

She looked at the text she received this morning from Chaeyoung and read it over again.

"Hey, Jen! Surprise, you've got a date tonight. Lisa and I sent over an outfit for you to wear. And don't worry, she's a cute one." the text read. Jennie scowled and threw her phone on her bed, sighing yet again. She needed new friends.

Looking at the time, she quickly grabbed her phone and did one last once over in the mirror before heading out of her apartment. She took the elevator down to the lobby and politely bowed to the receptionist, making her way out of the building. The place she was having this supposed date wasn't too far from where she lived, fortunately, so Jennie decided to walk.

Making her way down the sidewalk, she couldn't help but think back on this past year. A lot has happened with her and she'd be lying if she said she wasn't a changed person. She smiled bitterly as a certain girl made her way into her mind. She wanted to say she hated her, that she didn't want anything to do with her even a year later but she'd be lying if she said she didn't miss her even just a tiny bit. She was her friend first after all.

Shaking herself out of her thoughts, she looked up and realized she had made it to the restaurant. She took a deep breath and made her way inside, glancing around at the interior. She had to admit, she was impressed- her date clearly had style.

A young server made her way over to her, bowing politely. "Good evening, ma'am. Welcome to The Sushi Angel. My name is Yeri. Do you have a reservation?" she asked.

"No, I don't.. I'm sorry. I was told to meet my date here. I was never actually given her name..." she trailed off, giving the young girl an apologetic look. Yeri's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Ah, so you're Jennie! Seulgi unnie told me about you. Follow me!" she said, gesturing for her to follow her as she started making her way into the restaurant. Jennie quickly followed the younger girl as they made their way towards the back of the restaurant. In the back corner, she saw a head of brunette hair sitting there, patiently waiting.

Yeri bounded up to the table, shoving the girl's shoulder. The girl barely paid her any mind as she pushed her back, making Yeri giggle. She looked back at Jennie and beckoned her over, gesturing to the chair opposite the brunette. 

"Here's your table! I'll let you guys talk for a bit. I'll be back to ask for drinks!" Yeri said, then suddenly she was gone. Jennie wrung her hands nervously, taking a deep breath. She walked over to the table and sat down, meeting her date's eyes from across the table.

Oh. Well, Chaeyoung wasn't lying when she said she was cute.

The girl, who she assumed was named Seulgi since Yeri mentioned it before, gave her a bright smile that almost left her blind. Jennie almost let out an embarrassing squeal at how cute the girl's monolids were. Jennie smiled back and awkwardly reached her hand out, intending to shake her hand. Seulgi giggled and grabbed hers in a tight shake. Jennie marvelled at how soft her hand was.

"I'm going to assume you know my name since Yeri is a big blabbermouth, but I'll introduce myself anyway. Hello, my name is Seulgi. And you're Jennie, right?" Seulgi said.

Jennie nodded and after realizing she was still holding Seulgi's hand, retracted it quickly. She folded her hands together on the table.

"Yeah, that's me. It's nice to finally meet you." She said, surprised with how much she actually meant those words. Seulgi smiled again.

"Same to you. I really hope you like sushi. This place is really good." Seulgi said. Jennie detected some nervousness in her voice and reached out to squeeze the other girl's hand. Seulgi glanced down at their hands, then back up at Jennie.

"Don't worry. I love sushi." Jennie replied. Seulgi visibly relaxed and smiled yet again. Does this girl ever stop smiling?

Yeri suddenly appeared again, notepad in hand. "What would you guys like to drink?" she asked.

"Just a water, please." Seulgi said. Yeri wrote it down and looked to Jennie.

"Same here." Jennie said. Yeri nodded and left the two alone again, making her way into the back. Silence fell over them as they stole glances at each other, neither really knowing what to say out of nervousness. Finally,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter