Meeting the Girlfriend

New Rules
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie sent Jisoo home soon after that. They may be speaking again and yeah, Jennie wanted to help her, but she drew the line at staying at her apartment. That was too much for Jennie to handle in one night.

As Jisoo walked down the hallway and into the elevator, Jennie closed her door and rested her forehead against it, sighing deeply. She didn't know why she was doing this to herself again. She wanted nothing to do with Jisoo- the girl hurt her countless times. But, Jennie realized tonight that maybe Jisoo was hurting just as much as she did.

She heard a door opening behind her and leaned away from the door, turning around to look. Lisa was stepping out of her bedroom, gently closing the door behind her.

"Hey. I got Chaeyoung to calm down a bit... She just fell asleep." Lisa said softly, not really meeting Jennie's eyes. Jennie nodded and sighed again, running a hand through her hair.

"Thank you, Lisa." Jennie said sincerely. The younger girl finally met Jennie's eyes. Jennie could see slight anger in them and braced herself for Lisa's next words.

"Don't thank me yet. Jennie, what the was she doing here?" Lisa said, trying to keep her voice somewhat low as to not wake Chaeyoung in the next room. Jennie bit her lip and looked down, not entirely sure how to explain anything without bringing up Jisoo's past. Lisa continued.

"I thought you cut ties with her, Jennie. Was all that a lie? And what about Seulgi?" Lisa asked question after question. Jennie's eyes shot up to Lisa and she shook her head rapidly.

"What? No! That wasn't a lie at all. I did cut ties with her. I wanted nothing to do with her. And what about Seulgi? I've done nothing with Jisoo and I haven't spoken to her for a year. Why the would you ever think that lowly of me?" Jennie said in disbelief. Lisa sighed and rubbed her face, then returned her gaze to Jennie.

"I'm sorry, unnie. I shouldn't have said that. But you have to think about how this looks to us. We didn't think you'd ever speak to her again and now she's here, in your apartment." Lisa said. Jennie paused and thought about that- she did have a point. They helped her through everything last year and to show up here, seeing Jisoo here- it probably shook them up more than Jennie thought it would.

"I'm sorry, Lisa. She just... showed up. Out of the blue, she showed up here and wanted to talk to me. I tried kicking her out, I did-" Jennie said, breaking eye contact with Lisa. "But I heard her out. And I hope you can understand that I can't- I can't tell you everything that she told me. It's personal." Jennie said. She heard Lisa sigh.

"What can you tell me, then?" Lisa asked, crossing her arms. Jennie looked up and gestured to the couch. Lisa walked over and sat down, crossing her arms again and also her legs, waiting for Jennie to speak. Jennie walked over and sat in the chair near the couch, clearing .

"I can tell you that Jisoo and I are on speaking terms again. And no I'm not running back into her arms, okay? I have Seulgi and I'm happy. I'm just- I'm just helping her in a time of need. She's in a lot of pain right now and I want to help her." Jennie explained. Lisa scoffed and shook her head.

"Yeah? And where was she when you were in pain, Jennie? She was the cause of your ing pain and she didn't care about you. Why would you care about her now?" Lisa said, bitterness lacing her voice. Jennie winced at the tone and words.

"She's going through a lot of right now, Lisa. She's in the same amount of pain as I was before and I feel it in me that I'm the only one that can help her. You're just going to have to deal with it." Jennie said firmly. Lisa stared at Jennie, not saying a word for several minutes. Jennie stared back. A door opened down the hall and both girls' eyes moved to look. Chaeyoung stepped out of the room, hair all over the place and eyes looking heavy and tired. She wordlessly walked over to the pair, sitting down on the couch next to Lisa. Jennie stared at them both, not knowing what to say. Chaeyoung beat her to it.

"I heard everything in there. You guys at being quiet, by the way." Chaeyoung said, voice rough from sleep. Lisa wrapped an arm around her shoulder, kissing her cheek as an apology. Chaeyoung smiled and a tinge of pink made it's way to her cheeks. Jennie let out a tiny smile at the couple- even after all this time, Chaeyoung still gets shy.

"And?" Jennie said, worried about Chaeyoung's reaction. Lisa she could handle, but Chaeyoung was scary when she got angry. Jennie didn't want to lose her best friend.

Chaeyoung sighed and ran a hand through her hair, pulling out some of the knots in it. She brought her eyes up to meet Jennie's.

"I don't approve of this- at all. I don't like her and I don't want her here. But if what you say is true, if she's really in that much pain," Chaeyoung said. "Then I guess we'll just have to deal with it." she finished. Jennie was taken aback at her answer, having fully prepared herself for a much more angry Chaeyoung. Even Lisa seemed surprised, staring at her girlfriend with wide eyes.

"Thank you, Chaeyoung. Thank you both. I promise if things get out of hand, I'll cut ties again." Jennie said, smiling at them both. Lisa gave a tiny smile back, but Chaeyoung just looked away from her, no smile at all. Jennie felt a pang in her heart at that.

"Right, well. How about that take-out I brought? I'm really hungry." Lisa said, pouting at her grumbling stomach. Chaeyoung let out a tiny giggle and kissed Lisa's cheek, patting her stomach. 

"Aw, poor baby. Come on, let's go eat." Chaeyoung said, standing up and pulling Lisa up with her. Jennie followed suit, following them into her bedroom.

The rest of the night was filled with laughter and Disney songs until Lisa and Chaeyoung had to leave. They both gave Jennie tight hugs, which reassured Jennie even more that they were still here for her.

Jennie went to sleep that night with Jisoo on her mind.

And she hated it.

~~

The next morning, Jennie expected to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter