Chapter 3

Who will win this game?
 
CHAPTER 3
 
 
Song ji hyo just finished her photoshoot and went straight to her car to go back home.When she aarived song ji hyo got a call.
 
 
"O,jae seok oppa"
 
 
"O,ji hyo ya.Are you free tonight?"
 
 
"Wae?"
 
 
"Me and my wife inveted all the running man members for a party.I sent yoou some messages but as i got no reply till today i decided to call instead"
 
 
"Aigo! i didn't get anything! ottokke!? will eonni cook?"
 
 
"Yes she is already preparing"
 
 
"O no!occiojo?I have a party to attend to,aigo! I love her cooking"
 
 
"Aigo,it's ok,don't worry,it will be for the next time,have fun there"
 
 
"I think i would be more happy being there eating eonni's food with everyone"
 
 
"Ahahah,she will be happy to ear this"
 
 
"A"Oppa,if i have time i will go straight to your house ok?"
 
 
"Sure,there is no problem"
 
 
"Ok,i will call you later then"
 
 
"Sure,bye"
 
 
"Bye"after she close the callm her smile fae away and instead look at the message she was sent yesterday.
 
 
FLASHBACK
 
 
COME HERE AT THE OFFICE RIGHT NOW.
 
 
When she arrive there her ex boyfriend welcomed her with an arrigant face that she can't stand at all.
 
 
"You arrived.Sit down"
 
 
"No,thanks,i prefer standing up"
 
 
"I think it's better for you to sit up"
 
 
"I...what am i here for?"she ask coldly.
 
 
"Ayo,cold and straightforward as always ji hyo ya"
 
 
"..."she didn't answer anymore and he sight a bit.
 
 
"Are you really going to play hard to get?"
 
 
"..."
 
 
"I want an answer"
 
 
"If you don't want to say anything important,then i will excuse myself"she turn around to leave but he suddenly talk"
 
 
"Di you receive an invitation today?"she stop and look back at him.
 
 
"Dae"
 
 
"I am going to introduce you to a few people,so come there,i can make you big in the wester market"
 
 
"Thanks but there is no need"
 
 
"Are you going to refuse such an opportunity?Are you stupid?"song ji hyo clentch her fists.
 
 
"No at all.i think i am quite smart in reality"
 
 
"I don't think so,if you don't even understand just how much of an opportunity you are letting go"
 
 
"I will work on my own accord,what i do it's none of your buisness arasso?"
 
 
"Anyway you will come so there is no way out for you.Tomorrow you will acompany me"
 
 
"...if it's like this i think i am just going to ditch the party,it's not important anyway"he was shoked,Both of them knows that it's not just a little thing but there will be important guests and the agency need to be be at it's best.He want her at all costs because she is the most knows and profitable actress in his agency and not only because he want to start over.BUt it seems like she saw trought him and decided for her not to go,when she is perfectly aware that her presence is what most people are ecxpecting,choosing not to go it's like not to give him face.
 
 
"Don't even think of it.I am not going to stand by arasso?"
 
 
"Wae?what are you going to do?"
 
 
"There are a lot of things i can do to you"she cmile sarcastically before going cold again.
 
 
"Like what?fire me?go ahead,i would want to see just what you can do without me"he smile and calmly sit on his chair.He then start to play with an abacus on the desk.
 
 
"You know there are so many ways for me to make you like a living hell,would you really risk it all?"
 
 
She know well what he is capable off so she decided din the end to go.The fact that she accepted it was not because she was scared of him doing something,because she have plenty of things and proof to destroy him together with her if he ever try to cause her trouble but,she is also rich and know her things so she won't go down without a fight,the problem is that she is just too tired to even think about those things."Only a year remain till her contract will end so she just have to be patient but if she indeed can't stand it anymore she can as well end it sooner but of course she will need to pay,that's why she prefer to play it safe for now at least.
 
 
ENd of flash back
 
 
"Aish,i swaer i am going to stay there a bit and then leave"
 
 
----------------------------
 
 
At jae seok house.
 
 
"She won't come?"
 
 
"No,she wanted to eat your food so much dear"
 
 
"Aigo,i really like that girl,I hope she won0t work too much"
 
 
Then kwang soo and the others arrives too,Kim jong kook is the last to arrive.
 
 
"Aigo,here thanks for inviting me hyung,noona"he greet everyone bowing respectfully.
 
 
"Aigo,what are you doing sit down"jae seok wife look behind him curious and hesitantly ask.
 
 
"What...about your girlfriend?"he is embarrassed in a bad way.
 
 
"Sorry she couldn't make it"
 
 
"I see,well don't worry,bring her next time"
 
 
"Sure"he nod his head hesitantly.
 
 
FLASHBACK
 
 
"What?why aren't you coming?they want to know you better"
 
 
"Tsk,did you come when i asked you?"he was speachless.
 
 
"How can you...how can you be like this? I was tired to no end at the time,how can you be like this?"
 
 
"Why should i do what you want when you don't do what i tell you?"
 
 
"Are you for real?this is crazy!I am always the one to comply to you,but just once i didn't do as you wish and you act like this?"
 
 
"De!"
 
 
"Are you really not coming?"
 
 
"That's right i won't!"
 
 
"Seo yeon!"she up on him all of a sudden.
 
 
"End of flashback.
 
 
"At present time.Kae seok saw kim jong kook acting strange and decided to sit next to him.
 
 
"What's going on?"
 
 
"O?hyung nothing wae?"
 
 
 
"You are acting strange"
 
 
"Is something wrong with seo hyeon?"kim jong kook sigh.
 
 
"It's ok don't worry nothing is wrong"he try to change the subject whe nhe realize that song ji hyo isn't at the there.
 
 
"Where is song ji hyo?"
 
 
"O she couldn't come"
 
 
"She couldn't?wae?"
 
 
"Working,a party"
 
 
"I see..."
 
 
-----------------------------
 
 
Back at the party song ji hyo was dressed beautyfully,with a light pink dress,her hair long and style on one side,a light make up that made her shine even more.When she arrived of course everyone's eyes where on her.
 
 
"Welcome song ji hyo ssi"
 
 
"Thanks,it's nice to see you again"she smile charmingly at the guests when she is suddenly grabbed by the waist.She could tell right away who it was,everyone noticed her change of expression when that happened,everyone there where aware that they already broke up so this was simply too awkaward.
 
 
"Hello everyone.I hope you all are having fun"he smile buisness like,but it made him seem more frivulous than anything.
 
 
"Sure,ceo,it's a pleasure to meet you and miss song ji hyo too"he look at her and smile brightly.
 
 
"I am also happy that she is here"song ji hyo change her expression in a flash and show a small smile all the while pushing his hand away from her.After chatting for awhile she finally decide to flee from him.
 
 
"It was nice to see you ince again,if you can esxcuse me i need to go right now"
 
 
"Sure,it was a pleasure for us too"After leaving song ji hyo didn't even give the time to her ex to catch up to her.
 
 
"Sh-!just because i have to come here,do you think i will let you do as you please with me? let's be serious here,she say to herself while walking to flee and go back to her table.
 
 
Song ji hyo stayed for almost all the night but she couldn't stand anymore her ex countless arrassment,because that's what it was ,being touched when she really hate it.In the end her patience run short and decided to leave.
 
 
"I need to leave for a shooting i am sorry everyone"she bid farewell to all the people on her table and the once she knew then she walked out of the building.Her steps where long and fast,she was mad!.
 
 
"Aish...i can't stand him anymore"
 
 
"Who can't you stand?"she stop on her track,a cold expression on her face but she have no intention of turning around.
 
 
"...since you won't lok at me then...i should look at you"he walk slowly in front of her.
 
 
"What cold eyes you have here,dear...you are so beautiful tonight why are you spoling you pretty face with such a cold expression"
 
 
"Leave,the guests are waiting for you"
 
 
"Mmm,it's ok i can stay for a few minutes"he looke at her from head to toe with a shallow smile.This made her so disgusted she wanted to kick him where it hurts!
 
 
"I need to go"
 
 
"You have no shoting tonight...stay"she give a small and sarcastic laugh.
 
 
"I don't,that's right,But i stayed too much and it's time for me to leave"he steps forward but song ji hyo don't take any steps back.
 
 
"Do you want to kiss me?,that's why you aren't backing away?"
 
 
"..."there is no answer from her.
 
 
"Let's go to my house later-"he try to touch her face but she slap it away,seeing this he glare at her.
 
 
"What?...are you angry?"she look at him with frosty eyes.
 
 
"You better not refuse me or else i will fire you"
 
 
"Go ahead"he was startled.
 
 
"Tsk,do you think i won't do it?"
 
 
"I have do boubt that you will do it.Go on fire me...or better i should leave on my own"he didn't expect this outcome and froze on the spot,she then walk past him.
 
 
"I will give you my letter of resignation soon"this was seriously unexpected.
 
 
---------------
 
 
In the car song ji hyo look outside the window resting her tired face on her hand then she closed her eyes.
 
 
"Where should i take you ji hyo?"
 
 
"Home,just bring me home"she shight.
 
 
"Are you not going with your collegues of running man?"her manager was quite sad seeing her this way so he tryed to give her piece of mind.
 
 
"...arasso...but i need to call jae seok first"
 
 
" Idid it already,just go there and have fun.You can change here if you want here are the change of clothes"
 
 
"Ok thanks"
 
 
-------------------------
 
 
"Song ji hyo ya!welcome!"
 
 
"Hello everyone,o!eonni!" she run to hug jae seok wife and even haha's wife.
 
 
"You came in the end,Aigo how beautiful.You are still wearing make up right?"evryone gazed at her in awe.
 
 
"Yea...well,is there something left for me?"
 
 
"There are plenty you can have all you want dear!"song ji hyo finally could feel some peace of mind and could have fun too,but at some point she couldn't do it anymore and was just so tired.
 
 
"Guys i am so sorry,Iam just too tired,i will leave for tonight"
 
 
"O arasso go and rest your face is really tired"she nod.
 
 
"Eonni i will give some gift for you to jae seok tomorrow,sorry that i didn't bring anything"
 
 
"Aigo,what are you saying all of a sudden,it's ok there is no need"
 
 
"No i want to do it...good night everyone"
 
 
"Goodnight ji hyo ya!"everyone said at the same time,but kim jong kook wasn't pleased by the fact that she was leaving like that,he was too clever and he felt that something was wrong,it wasn't only her being tired.so he get up and run after her
 
 
After that she get out of jae seok's house she look at the night sky.she have been drained from all her energy today there are too many things that are not going the way she wanted,she was exausted already.
 
 
"Ji hyo ya!"suddenly she heard a voice.
 
 
"Jong kook oppa?"she turn around surprised to see him run towards her.
 
 
"Are you leaving?"
 
 
"Yes,but...why are you here?"
 
 
"What do you think? i was worried most of all just how far did you park your car?"it turns out that he was looking at her for awhile,he saw that song ji hyo didn't stop walking and at some point he saw her frowing expression looking at the sky,he became worried and decided to step in.When he finally was in front of her,he became serious startling her.
 
 
"What's going on with you?"she feign ignorance and smile.
 
 
"What are you saying? nothing is wrong"
 
 
"Something is wrong don't lie to me i know you well"in her mind she just know it that when she is sad or have something in mind he always seem to find out just sometimes he have weird timing.As for now song ji hyo won't say evrything to him but just a part of the truth,because or else he won't let her go at all.
 
 
"Just a little fight with the CEO"she smile bright but he know well what her bright smile hide.He grab her wrist and seriously ask.
 
 
"What di he do this time?tell me'"
 
 
"Nothing,just the usual"
 
 
"Tell what is this usual"
 
 
"Sigh...arasso.While i was talking to some guests he acted a bit too friendly with me,when everyone already know that we broke up...not a nice picture i say"
 
 
"Of course,that bastard!I am going to break every bones in his body if i see him"
 
 
"Mpfff,ahahah"kim jong kook was surprised to see her laugh,but then his expression became warmer s he like the view of her still with her make up on and the moonlight,song ji hyo was stunning.He felt also happy because she finally smiled sincerly.
 
 
"Arasso,please do so i will pay you well i am rich anyway"she laugh a little making her more charming and he reply.
 
 
"Ya,are you airing an assassin maybe?"
 
 
"Well you are scary anyway,i think you will be fantastic in the role of an assassing in a horror move"
 
 
"Tsk...finally you smiled"
 
 
"...dae,finally thanks to you"the two of them laughed as they walked together and talked about a few things till it came time to go home for her,the two of them didn't notice how the time flew by.in the end he walked her to her car and the said each other "good night" before finally she departed,he looks at the back of her car and she ook at the mirror's car,so to look at him watching her way.Song ji hyo's cheeks became slightly red as she smiled,For the first time in awhile,that night she could sleep well.
 
 
-----------------------------
 
 
After that day,everything seemed to have come to normal maybe too much.Song ji hyo became even more attracted to kim jong kook tought not even her realized just how deep her feelings became but was seriously disappointed when he saw his change when she was wth her.He was always weak towards females but gosh how come he never changes? not even now that he have a girlfriend.
 
 
"Ya!what are you doing with yoona!" Ask teasingly jae seok to kim jong kook who smile awkawardly as he usually does when dealing with pretty girls.
 
 
"Ya,what did you take me for? i am not doing anything!"
 
 
"You are making her win on purpose,ya,are you even jong kook?"everyone laugh.
 
 
"Shut up,grossopher!"
 
 
"Ya!do,come here and let's fight...-"
 
 
"Sure i am ready"jong kook smile knowing that he wil win at whatever jae seok ask.
 
 
"Jonasmida"he bow and ask for forgivness.
 
 
"Ya!boya! jae seok,don't you have self esteem at all?"scream teasingly kwang soo at that jae seok turn aroung and look at him.
 
 
"Look who is talking.What about you then?you change team whenever the wind change direction,you are telling me that i am a coward,what about you then?you are pure coward material."
 
 
"Ya!"scream back kwang soo,making everyone laugh withouth rest.
 
 
"Shut up kwang soo! he is right at least shut up"
 
 
"Hyung!"
 
 
----------------------
 
 
Another day passed happily for everyone even for ji hyo but she never liked seeing him that way most of all now that he have a girl.She slowly approach him while walking to the outside of the set.
 
 
"Are you not going to stop being like this?"
 
 
"What do you mean?"
 
 
"Ya!are you faking ignorance?wow i didn't excpect it from you.You have a girl and do this to every girl that came here?"Kim jong kook finally understand and his expression change while looking her way.
 
 
"That's right you don't know anything"
 
 
"HU?"
 
 
"...we broke up"
 
 
"What?she broke up with you...tsk of course look at what you are doing" he roll his eyes.
 
 
"I broke up with her"she was speachless.
 
 
"What?"she grab his hand anf push him inside her car.
 
 
"Are you kidnapping me?"
 
 
"I don't have the tool to kidnap you"she said with a straight face.
 
 
"I'ts not fun ji hyo ssi"
 
 
"Who cares,just talk"he sigh and then look in front of him then at his hands.
 
 
"It wasn't working between us.N matter what i did was never enough for her.She know well what kind of work i so,but she never understand me.I tried my best to go to her even when i was tired but when i really couldn't she didn't care and became mad.The last time she was angry because i needed to go to see her friends,she wanted to brag to them that i was her boyfriend"she was startled.
 
 
"Sorry about before i didn't know,i had no idea.
 
 
"It's ok it wasn't your fault,you didn't know...do you regret it?do you miss her?"she asked carefully.
 
 
"Strangely i don't.I am quite happy instead"Song ji hyo suddenly became scared because she was seriously happy that he broke up with her.Even tought he is sincere and he had no affection at all from her,even if it was the case,a broke up it's still a broke up,it's like lost battle,it's never a good memory,but she...was happy about it.She was seriously scared by her own feelings,never once in her life she was such a person.After that day she became a bit more closer with him,they played a lot and song ji hyo always tryied her best to stay by his side or to touch his hand or arm,on the other hand he did the same to her.She was happy but her happiness didn't last long.
 
 
As the day went by it was almost the end of the year 2016,when they eard from a third party that the both of them,kim jong kook and song ji hyo where required to leave the show,
 
 
"WHAT?! ARE YOU SERIOUS? THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE I MEAN HOW COULD YOU DO THIS NOT EVEN DISCUSSING IT WITH US?"jong kook became angry at the people who told him the truth.
 
 
"We are sorry,we didn't have a choice."
 
 
"Di we make a mistake?we worked so hard all these years yet we didn't even deserve to be tol d beforehand?" she was angry and sad too as she asked them an answer.
 
 
"We really had no choice,we are sorry ji hyo ya-"
 
 
"Tuesso...fine...i will leave"
 
 
"Ji hyo ya!"kim jong kook looked at her back as she was leaving the room.After that day the new spread wild on the net.People wheren't happy at all and after like a month the responsible people decided not to fire them,the problem now was ji hyo,because kim jong kook was willing to remain but song ji hyo was quite sad and angry.
 
 
"Ji hyo ya,listen to me"
 
 
"No!i have no intention of doing so"
 
 
"Calm down,running man won't be the same without you"
 
 
"Tsk,i bet the already had a replacement in mind right?"he was hurting in seeng her that way.She loved running man a lot and felt betrayied when she got the news of it,she felt like backìstabbed by them.Kim jong kook know what she was feeling because he shared them too.But the love for the fans and the members of the show was more strong than ever and he wanted her to keep being a part of it together with him.
 
 
"Even so,this is not right...how could they do that?aish,and you why are you so-why did you agree right away,the fans wheren't happy about it that's why they want us again,because if we go away the show won't be the same,it's all about marketing!"
 
 
"I know that"he became serious looking her straight in the eyes holding her slender shoulders.
 
 
"But who cares as long as i am together with everyone i don't care"
 
 
"BUt i do care!"
 
 
"There will not be much time for all of us to stay together as we do now,are you willing to separate?"she became silent she knew it well but they still share a strong bond,she at least won't stop caring for them or calling,texying and even arranging some day to go out with everyone.
 
 
"Just,don't leave"he made a sad expression that made her alost tear up,seeing her red eyes he couldn't help but hug her tightly,his heart was hurting for her,he felt song ji hyo trembling arms hugging him too and then she started to cry.
 
 
"SNIFF,SOB,SOB"
 
 
"It's going to be ok,don't worry,calm down"he carress her headtill she calm down.
 
 
"I will think about it"
 
 
"Arasso,that's good enough...the answer...-"
 
 
"Aish,kim jong kook,tsk"
 
 
"Arasso,sorry"he left her house with a smile on,when she daid she would think about it ,it meant that she was going to come back,but of course he won't say anything but respect her time to say things
 
 
-------------------------------
 
 
The next day she talked with everyone,the members and the PD.
 
 
"I will stay"
 
 
"Thanks ji hyo,you won't regret it!" but she was still angry and seeing them so happy didn't make her happy at all.
 
 
"But i hope the next time you all will decided something about me,that i would be the first to know.I didn't like to know such an important thing on the news"Everyone looked down.
 
 
"We are sorry someone leaked it,we had no intention of things going that way"
 
 
"Sigh...arasso,it's just my personal feeling"
 
 
"Sure,don't worry and we are sorry to have hurt you,it wasn't ou intention"the Pd said to her witha sorroful and serious ecpresiion on.
 
 
"Ok,see you later"
 
 
---------------------------------
 
 
After that day thw two of them where back and everyone seemed to be back to normal but things weren't really like that.Time passed and two new members came a newbie actress and a comedian.Kim jong kook changed drastically and her show time was a lot less than before,no matter what the situation to her became as clear as the day's sky.Song ji hyo worked really hard,she never complained and did all her best but lately everything felt more like a joke than anything.He world seemed to simply pass by.Song ji hyo understood that she was starting to have differents feelings for kim jong kook but it seems like it wasn't the case for him.He put distance between them and wasn't the same as before,It's not like he wasn't nice but it was more like he became distant.The running man team wasn't making her feel better either.It seemed like she was right the new members where their replacement so now she passed on a second level.She isn't jealous at all of the new member but she was angry at the PD and so on and forth.Song ji hyo seemed to be begging to be again on the show,That's what she felt like,those little scenes where like she was a beggar for attention.Just a bit of her was ok nothing more.She was exausted herCEO wasn't giving her peace of mind too,her life was in chaos and in her mind she was already making a decision that she won't regret.
 
 
"Guys see you,good night"she smiled at everyone and then finally walked away.
 
 
"Mmm,something is wrong with her"said kwang soo and this made everyone attention go on her leaving back.
 
 
"You think so?"asked the new girl member.
 
 
"Yes,indeed"said AHAH.
 
 
"I don0t think so otught,she was smiling"the new guy said.
 
 
u just don't know her well,but you will understand her with time"jong kook looked finally at her way puzzelled.When everyone left he approached kwang soo.
 
 
"About what you said about ji hyo"
 
 
"Omo sesange!hyung you scared me!"
 
 
"Arasso,sorry,now please tell me is it true?"Kwang soo lok at him surprised.
 
 
"HYung are you out of your mind? didn't you notice it?it's been a few days already"jong kook was completly out of it,he never tought of that.In reality it's been awhile that they talked seriously together,maybe he really left her out too much.
 
 
....................
 
 
Ji hyo was at her house frinking some water loking at some scripts.On hand one of them made her heart palpitate.
 
 
"What's thi?"it was the first time in awhile that her heart was beating so fast.She liked the script and as she was a it scared of the new role and the totaly different vibe and the workload she would get,song ji hyo just couldn't stop reading. The script was finally ended at leadt till the 7 episode and she was shaking from the feeling.
 
 
"I want to do it"she said to herself and took her phone to tell her manager but then she suddenly stopped.
 
 
"That's right...if i accept i will need to leave the show...forever"
 
 
Hello everyone! Thanks to all of you for reading and thats for upvoting too it's really motivating for me this is my 3 chapter i hope you liked it.HUGGGSSS TO EVERYONE!"