Chapter 5: TroubleMaker

All Of Me

“I’m sorry.” I apologized. He and Daehyun were really close! Until Youngjae found out he betrayed him. Some of the stuff he said was in my dream! I felt bad for him. I don’t know how I’d feel if Yongguk did that to me.

“Don’t be. That was 10 years ago. Trust me, I’ve learned my lesson.” he said smiling. “Ten…ten years?” I repeated. “Youngjae-ah…some of the stuff you told me was in my dream!” I told him. He blinked for a bit processing what I had just told him. “Hm…I wonder what that could mean.” He said in thought. I just sighed sadly. “What’s the matter?” He asked.

“I used to respect the crowned prince of the great Jung Kingdom since he was best friends with our prince back in my home place…but most of all I had feared him so much, but now I don’t know what to think.” I sighed. Youngjae smiled softly. “Don’t think about it at all. He is just a person that cares for his own needs and the kingdoms. He doesn’t care for people like us, plus you won’t ever have to serve under him, since you aren’t even from here.” He smiled reassuringly.

“You shouldn’t have to serve him after what he’s done to you. Just come with me. You and your mother.” I said. He laughed lightly and stood up. I was in awe this was the first time I ever actually heard him laugh when he’s not weak and helpless. “Let’s go inside and get some sleep.” He said.

 

-

                “Aahhh~,” Kyung stretched waking up and waking everyone else up with his obnoxious morning sounds. “Really Kyung?” Jaehyo said glaring at him. “What? What are you doing here?” Kyung asked lazily. “What do you mean ‘what am I doing here’? This is…” Jaehyo didn’t finish his sentence as he looked around his eyes widened, “…Youngjae’s ouse.” He finally gasped. “Whaa? What are we doing at Youngjae’s house?” Kyung asked still half asleep. “I…I don’t know…” Jaehyo said scratching his head.

                “You guys don’t remember?” I asked joining the conversation. The two of them shook their heads. “I only remember carrying Jiho and…and that’s it. I don’t remember ever entering Youngjae’s home.” Jaehyo replied. “…I remember…” Kyung yawned. “Didn’t you just say that you didn’t remember?” Jaehyo remarked. “Yeah but I had just woken up. I remember now. Duh.” Kyung said sleepily. “Oh really now? Then what happened?” Jaehyo challenged folding his arms. “Well, we saved Jiho and then we took him inside like Zelo said to and then this strange lady came and somehow put us to sleep. She had these bright neon green eyes.” Kyung explained without difficulty.

                “That’s impossible. How can someone have green eyes…neon green eyes? And I don’t ever recall seeing a female.” Jaehyo scoffed. “She put us to sleep by touching our heads and she somehow stopped Jiho’s dad and I think she might’ve been the one who healed Jiho and Youngjae.” Kyung added. Jaehyo looked at Kyung strangly. “Kyung…are you okay? Was that a dream? Has Minhyuk been telling you stories?” He asked worried for his friend. “No. No I’m serious look at them. They’re totally healed.” Kyung defended.

                Jaehyo looked at Jiho and Youngjae whom were still fast asleep. “Kyung-ah, there was no woman though.” Jaehyo said. “No, he’s right there was a lady.” I spoke up. Jaehyo looked at me and grabbed me into a hug, hugging me tightly. “Not you too! What did Minhyuk do to you all?” he said. “Her name is Dr. Lee Sunhi.” I said once he released his hug. Jaehyo just sat there and looked at Kyung and I completely lost. I was just as confused, how could he not remember but Kyung and I do.

                “What’s going on?” Youngjae yawned waking up. “Youngjae! You’re alive!” Kyung cheered. “Pabo! Of course I’m alive. Whaa? You thought I was dead?! Huh?” Youngjae spat. “Yah! I was worried! Don’t need to be all rude about it.” Kyung snapped back. “…making me feel stupid.” He added mumbling under his breath. Youngjae wlked on his knees over to Kyung and hugged him from behind. “Aaww Kyungie...I didn’t mean to make you feel stupid. I sowwy.” Youngjae said in a baby tone.

                “It’s okay, it’s okay.” Kyung said patting Youngjae’s hand. I meant to make you admit that you were worried…” Youngjae whispered in Kyung’s ear smirking. Kyung’s mouth dropped open and Jaehyo busted out laughing. “Ahahahaha~…That’s hilarious! Kyung would never admit something like that! Haha! He got you good Kyung.” Jaehyo was laughing hard. I couldn’t help but smile at the scene; a smirking Youngjae next to a defeated Kyung across from a laughing Jaehyo. It was a friendly but funny scene. “What is all that noise?” Jiho asked sleepily, slowly sitting up, awakened by Jaehyo’s laughter.

                “Jiho-ah! Jaehyo and Youngjae were picking on me while you were sleeping.” Kyung pouted. Jiho hung his arm over Kyung’s shoulders. “Oh really? All while I was sleeping?” he asked. “Mm hm.” Kyung nodded with much energy. “You can even ask Zelo.” He added. “Zelo?” Jiho repeated. Kyung nodded once more and pointed at me.

                I blushed a little a bit embarrassed being brought into Jiho and Kyung’s conversation. I was really watching Jiho with interest. I don’t really know what He’s like but I heard the others talk about him a lot, and he’s a major person in Youngjae’s life. He really helped Youngjae a lot especially after Youngjae’s incident with Daehyun-hyung. Almost how Yongguk did with Daehyun, though I haven’t heard the story from Daehyun hyung. This made me extra curious about Jiho. I wondered if he’s anything like Yongguk, Youngjae’s group of friends claim that Jiho is their leader, like how we say about Yongguk.

                “Ah save it. Don’t drag Zelo into this.” Jaehyo said. “We didn’t even do anything.” Youngjae added. “Jiho-ah don’t listen to them. They know not what they speak.” Kyung said. “What? How can-,” “I think it’s about time to head out to the fields.” Jiho cut Jaehyo off, standing up.

                “How are we going to wake Taeil up?” Youngjae asked. “Yeah. Taeil is extremely hard to wake up.” Jaehyo asked crossing his arms, not appreciating being cut off. I made note of this, so that I wouldn’t make him mad by cutting him off. “We can carry him to the fields.” Jiho smiled.

                Everyone stood up, except for me, and stared at the sleeping Taeil as if he were a sleeping lion. “Should we…change his clothes?” Kyung smirked. Jiho busted out laughing. He had a very interesting boisterous laugh. “You !” Jaehyo said hitting the back of Kyung’s head. “Ow~! I was just joking. I wasn’t serious geez.” Kyung mumbled rubbing his head. “You’re sick Kyung.” Youngjae remarked.

                “Zelo…right?” Jiho said to me while the other 3 went back and forth. I looked up at him in awe as he smiled at me. “Y-Yeh.” I nodded caught off gurd. “What do you think we should do?” He asked with a friendly smile. I couldn’t understand why he was being friendly with me when he doesn’t know anything that went on. I could be a bad person. Or he could have assumed that, but instead he smiled at me warmly like I was an old friend.

                “Um..well.. We-We could…uh.” I didn’t know what to say. Youngjae laughed a little. I sighed hanging my head down shamefully. “It’s fine Zelo. Let’s just go.” Youngjae smiled. I slowly stood up. “Alright, let’s go then.” Jiho said heading towards the door. “A-Aren’t we going t-to carry Taeil-hyung too?” I spoke up shyly. I didn’t know why I was acting so timid in front of Jiho. I felt like I was steeping on his turf while he wasn’t around. I guess I also feared him because I thought of him as Yongguk, a Yongguk who didn’t know who I was.

                He turned around to face me and I quickly back down. “Naw, we’re just going to leave him here.” Jiho smirked, with that we left the home.

                I lagged behind everyone, to not get in Jiho’s way. Youngjae joined me in the back. “What’s the matter?” he asked. “N-Nothing. It’s nothing.” I said. He just looked at me not believing me. “I kind of feel timid around Jiho.” I admitted. Youngjae just smiled trying to hold in his laughter. “What?” I asked confused. “You don’t need to be scared of Jiho.” He said still trying not to laugh. “I feel like I’m stepping on his territory without his permission.” I explained. At that point Youngjae couldn’t hold in his laughter anymore and rested a hand on my shoulder. Zelo, Jiho is definitely be afraid of. He’s really nice.” He smiled.

                “Oh…it sounds like you have a great relationship with your friends…” I said quietly. “Yup! What’s the matter? Your friends aren’t like that?” He asked innocently. “Well I get bullied a lot by the kids where I live, no one really accepts me anywhere. I even tried to befriend the rich kids but they weren’t any better…no one likes me…I’m pretty much alone…” I began.

                “But there are these four guys I hang out with. One of them cares for me a lot but he’s also close to the guy who seems to hate me. The other 2 are very friendly but they’re close to that same guy. So at times I feel like the 5th wheel, but I don’t show it. They’re really nice to me though. But…But I’m not confident that they’ll be there for me all the time…like how confident you are with your friends. I’m just a kid who gets in the way.” I said sadly, thinking about it. It was true all of my life I’ve been told that I’m just a nuisance to Yongguk and the others and that they’re my friend because they pitied me. And I was able to believe it, they’re only nice to me because Yongguk asked them to.

                “Well young Zelo, we’re not like that. We don’t befriend anyone just to push them away or ignore them, that isn’t being a friend really. So you don’t have to worry anymore.” Youngjae said. “I won’t let anyone mess with you, because you’re like me, you’re like all of us. We won’t let anyone hurt you.” He announced with a bright smile.

                Everyone stopped and looked back at us. “We?” I repeated. “You’re one of us now.” Youngjae whispered in my ear. “Wh-What?” I said in shock. Everyone smiled at me. All I could do was look at them stunned. “Of course you have to be in the group! You’re my little brother.” Kyung said. “Wh-What about the others?” I asked. “Of course they like you.” Jaehyo said. “Ukwon was impressed by how you were able to break up his and Kyung’s argument.” “Bwoh?! You stopped Kyung and Ukwon’s argument?! Wow!” Youngjae said impressed.

                My eyes began to get watery. I was so happy. These guys are amazing people and I get the honor to be able to call them my friends. “Let’s go…we have work to do.” Jiho smiled at me leading the rest of the way to the fields.

                Ukwon, Jihoon, and Minhyuk were already at the fields. “Jiho! You’re here! Welcome back.” Minhyuk waved. “I feel-,” “Zelo-ah!” Jihoon burst cutting Jiho off running towards me giving me a tight squeeze hug. “H-H-Hi Jihoon-hyung.” I struggled trying to breathe. “I missed you so much.” He said. “B-But it’s only been….a day.” I continued to struggle. “I know.” He pouted. “Yah! Let go of him before you hug him to death and I’m brotherless.” Kyung spat. “You’re already brotherless.” Ukwon remarked. “Yah! What did you say?!” Kyung turned sharply to him.

                Jihoon quickly released his hug. “I’m sorry Zelo.” He apologized. “It…it’s fine.” I smiled sincerely. “Hmmm…where’s Taeil?” Ukwon asked seeing that the eldest member was missing. Just then a grumpy Taeil came stomping our way. He immediately grabbed his tool and started working. “Hi Taeil-hyung.” Jihoon smiled cutesy like. But Taeil scooted away. “Aw don’t be like that.” He said following him.

                The rest of the day went by great and much more Joyful now that Jiho and Youngjae was back. I found it kind of strange how everyone seemed to act as if nothing happened yesterday. It was as if the incident never happened but I didn’t say anything not wanting to ruin the mood.

                Jiho came up to me and smiled brightly. “I saw you save Youngjae the other day. Thank you.” He said sincerely. I just nodded. “Everyone seems to like you and it makes me jealous.” He said.

                “Huh? I-I-I’m s-sorry, I’ll-I’ll go away.” I quickly apologized but the elder laughed. “It makes me jealous that they know you better and that you’re Kyung’s little brother. I wanna be the one that knows you best. I wanna make you my little brother.” He pouted playfully.

                I looked at him in amazement, then he quickly went back to his bright smile. “I’ll make Kyung pay for this.” He joked. “Aw don’t hurt my brother.” I played along. “I’m better though.” He went on. “A-Ani, Kyung is the best.” I said. Jiho just laughed as he looked back at Kyung-hyung who was showing Minhyuk and Ukwon this strange dance.” “You sure about that?” he asked. I nodded, “Yeh.” “Zelo…let’s become great friends.”

 

 

-

 

                Two weeks passed by and I’ve become pretty close to everyone. Youngjae’s mother even came back. I got to meet her. She’s an amazing woman. She instantly became like a second mother to me. Ms. Yoo is very funny and kind, she’s extremely smart like Youngjae. She said while she was gone she got stronger and so she began working again. Jiho’s dad didn’t cause much trouble anymore ever since that incident. I still wondered what Dr. Sunhi did to him.

                I’ve learned a lot about everyone. Jiho is actually a fun, carefree character but he acts serious at times when it’s needed. He truly cares for all of them…all of us. Minhyuk is a pretty creative person, but he doesn’t like to speak to people other than us, same with Ukwon. He and Minhyuk are always around each other.

                Jaehyo is very smart and likes to challenge Youngjae whenever he’s in the mood, everyone also likes to . Jihoon is full of energy and is always happy, I’ve never ever seen him upset before. Taeil is quiet but he likes to joke around sometimes and he’s way more mature than he looks. And Kyung, well he’s just Kyung. He likes to try to have rap battles with Jiho-hyung. He even taught me some tricks so I would join them occasionally, they were always fun.

                “Hey, Zelo-ah, not to sound rude or anything but when are you going back home?” Ukwon asked curiously as we sat down at the hill hangout eating fruit. I haven’t eaten in two days because of money, but I didn’t mind it so much. “Yah! You want him to leave already?” Jihoon spat. “Of course not! I was just wondering in case his mother is worried about him!” Ukwon spat back. “But why did you have to mention it? Now he’s going to want to go back home.” Jihoon whined.

                “Don’t worry hyung, I’m not going anywhere soon.” I smiled. “I wrote a few letters to her telling her I’m alright, she writes back.” I told him. “That’s good.” Ukwon said. “Speaking of that, did you tell her about your amazing brother? Huh?” Kyung asked. “Yeh, she said she’d be honored to meet her long lost son.” I said. “Ah~…that is so touching. I think I’m gonna cry. Did you guys hear that?” Kyung sniffled. “Yes Kyung.” Everyone said rolling their eyes.

                “You guys I am so tired. I’m going to go home and sleep.” Jaehyo yawned getting up. “Why don’t you sleep here? You usually do that.” Jiho said with a devious smile. Jaehyo gave him a look and said, “I don’t trust you guys, you may do something. Plus it’s getting late anyway. We all better go home before the guards come back out.” “Ugh! Jaehyo you’re such a downer.” Kyung complained as everyone got up to leave. “I didn’t say you had to go.” Jaehyo shot. “But if we didn’t you would have made us.” Jihoon pointed out. “And besides I don’t want those guards to touch this beautiful face.” Kyung added. Once we made it out of the woods we said our good-byes and departed to our homes.

                “Hey guys. I was afraid that you boys would stay out too late.” Youngjae’s mother greeted. “naw, Jaehyo made us go home. Youngjae said. “Of course he did. Hey Zelo how’s your rapping coming along?” Ms.Yoo asked. “Oh it’s going good. H-How did you know about my rapping?” I replied. “Jiho told me.” She smiled. She was avery beautiful lady and had a very nice personality that matched her beauty.

                “Aaah~…I think I am going to go to sleep first. Night.” Youngjae said laying on his blanket bed and instantly fell fast asleep. “I guess I should get some sleep too. Goodnight Ms.Yoo.” I bowed walking over to my own blanket bed that Youngjae made for me. “Um, Thank-You, Zelo.” Ms.Yoo suddenly said. “Wh-Why?” I responded not expecting the gratitude. “Thank-You for being here for Youngjae while I was gone.” She said.

                “B-Bwoh?” I was kind of shocked but I don’t know why. “Youngjae, well he is indeed a very strong person and can easily take very good care of himself, but I’m glad you were there. I don’t think he would’ve been able to make it or forgive himself if you weren’t here.” She said gratefully. “O-Oh. Y-You’re welcome. Why wouldn’t Youngjae be able to forgive himself?” I asked. “Youngjae is a hardworking kid…don’t worry about it. He’s fine now. You should get some rest.” She said smiling.

                Without another word I obeyed and went to sleep. I hadn’t had nightmares in a while thanks to Youngjae. I felt better sleeping knowing that he was there. But still those nightmares taunted me. I didn’t tell Youngjae about my other nightmares, they were scary and I didn’t want him to worry.

-Youngjae’ POV-

                There was a sudden banging on the door in the middle of the night. I slowly sat up sleepily opening my eyes. It was still very dark. There was another more vicious banging on the door. My mother was awaken but the knock and looked at me. I looked back at her. “Do you think it’s the guards?” I whispered. She shrugged. Maybe it was them, but why would they be here? There was a third much scarier knock against the door. This time Zelo quickly sat up frightened.

                “I’ll get it.” I whispered getting up but Zelo grabbed my arm pulling me back down. He looked at me with fear in his eyes. “Don’t…Don’t answer it…j-just leave it. Let’s ignore it please.” He begged quietly. I looked him deep in his eyes. “…does this have to do with one of your nightmares?” I asked. He loosened his grip and looked down shamefully. I pulled my arm away. “Don’t worry I won’t let anything happen to you.” I said.

He looked up at me amazed. With that I walked up to the door. I rest my ear against the wood. I could hear heavy breathing. I could tell that it was only one person and that it wasn’t a guard. But the heavy breathing seemed angry. Could it be Mr. Woo? Jiho’s dad?

I took a deep breath and slowly opened the door just a crack and peaked through. It was a man that I didn’t recognize at all. Could it be Zelo’s dad? But Zelo told me the other day that is his dad was a rich man. I wasn’t upset mad when he told me, because his story was honestly really sad and messed up. But this man didn’t look like a wealthy man. “Wh-What are you?” I asked. “Tch.” Was his response. I narrowed my eyes. “Open the door.” He demanded. “I can’t do that.” I said firmly. “Hm…you think you’re brave trying to take care of you and your mother.” He said with a sly smile, “I don’t understand…” I said. I didn’t understand ‘cause he was an idiot. What did he say that for? No one even challenged him.

                “I’m a good friend, so let me in.” he smirked showing his pearly white teeth. “I’m sorry. I don’t know you so I can’t let you in.” I said as politely as possible. I avoided getting him mad because I knew I wouldn’t be able to defend myself nor my mother or Zelo. “Your mother knows me. Hellooo Ms.Yoo! It’s me~. I’m here!” he called grinning as he knocked lightly on the door.

                I looked back at my mom whose eyes widened in surprise. Then I looked over at Zelo who shook his head vigorously. What was going on? Then I turned back to the man who was still grinning idiotically. “Well it seems like you’re not wanted here, have a nice night sir.” I said closing the door but he stopped it.

                “Awe really? But I came so far. It’s been so long since I’ve seen her. At least let me say hi.” He said. “That won’t be necessary.” I said struggling to force the door closed, but the man just laughed and easily pushed the door wide open causing me to fall back. “Youngae!” Zelo gasped. My mom quickly jumped to her feet. “What are you doing here?” She asked the man. “What? Am I no longer welcome here?” He said walking towards her.

                I quickly jumped up onto my feet and stood between him and my mother. “Get out of here and stay away from my mother.” I told him sternly. But he just ignored me and walked over towards Zelo. “Who is this kid huh?” He asked. Zelo scooted back in fear. Who was this guy that made Zelo so scared and my mom upset? How do they know who he is and not me? “Why don’t you answer me?! I’m the man of the house.” He snapped with a smile. “I’m…I-I…I’m Ze-,” “I wasn’t asking you. I was asking Youngjae.” The man cut Zelo off. How did he know my name? Did he overhear Zelo call my name? But how did he know it was me?

                “So Youngjae…who is he?” The man asked. I remained silent. “Who is he?” He asked again. Still I did not respond. Zelo was none of this man’s business. The man sharply turned around and looked at me dead in the eyes, and I started right back with no fear at all. “Answer me!” He spat.

                “He is none of your concern.” I said sternly. “Ah. This rude Kid! He doesn’t know his place. Huh?” He scoffed. I narrowed my eyes to show that I wasn’t messing around. I noticed that he began to bawl up his fist. He was getting angry. I prepared myself for whatever I had coming. “Youngjae! Listen to your father!” My mother suddenly burst. My eyes widened. I slowly looked at my mother who cried silent tears, then turned back at the man who was now smirking. “Wh-What?” I could barely say.

                “Long time no see, Yoo Youngjae.” He smirked. I just looked at him in disbelief. “You have no choice but to listen to me…like your mother said…I’m your father.” He said. My blood throbbed in my veins. No.

                I stormed out of the house slamming the door behind me. What the heck is going on? Who is that man?! He can’t be my dad, not my father! I started breathing heavily as I paced back and forth not knowing what to think or where to even start.

 Just then the door slowly opened and closed. “Youngjae.” It was Zelo.