Chapter 12: Listen

All Of Me

-Youngjae’s POV-

I woke up ready to go. Dr.Sunhi helped me out of the bed and gave me my uniform. I went into the changing room and changed into that uniform. I combed and brushed my hair neatly. I stared at myself in the mirror determined. “Okay Prince Daehyun. You want to play this game? Fine. But it won’t be easy.”

When I finished I returned to Dr.Sunhi’s office. Jongup and Zelo were already there. Jongup was leaning against the wall his arms folded and Zelo was on the patient’s bed swinging his legs back and forth.

Jongup smirked and nodded approvingly at me. Zelo smiled widely. “You’re up in 15 minutes. You should head there now.” Dr. Lee Sunhi smiled softly. The other two walked to me. “Ready?” Zelo asked. I nodded. “Good.” Jongup said. “Oh! Watch out for Yongguk he’s sort of…aggressive? I guess the word is.” Zelo said. “Be prepared to be nagged by mother Himchan.” Jongup added.

“But you don’t need to worry. We’ll be there.” Zelo said. “At least for most of the time. Dae will more than likely try to hog you and keep you away from us since we had you all this time.” Jongup said being honest. I just nodded with confidence. “But no worries. I will be sure to make him jealous.” Jongup said. The two younger ones smirked deviously.

Zelo and Jongup showed me where the kitchen was. On my way there they told me what I needed to know. “Daehyun said that your code name, so that no one recognizes you, is Hun.” Jongup informed. “Hun?” Zelo repeated. “Jung Hun.” He said. “Jung Hun??” Zelo repeated again. “Yup Jongup smiled.

“It’s short for ‘Honey’.” He teased. I frowned at him. Seriously? “Hey! I didn’t come up with it. Just prepare for if he wants to give you a little nickname, ‘Hunnie’ when he’ll really be saying ‘Honey’.” Jongup went into deeper detail. “But…we know how to play the game too.” He winked nudging my side. Before we knew it we were right in front of the kitchen. “Ready?” Zelo asked one last time. I nodded. “Fighting!” The two whispered in unison before running off. I took a deep breath before entering the kitchen. It was silent and serious.

The place wasn’t as busy as I had expected it to be, they were just preparing for breakfast. I slowly walked throughout the kitchen watching what everyone was doing. “Who are you?” a thick, tall lady spat in my face.

“I-I am Prince Jung Daehyun’s Personal Servant.” I struggled trying to speak strongly but it still kind of hurt to talk and the lady was in my face. She stared deep into my eyes. I stared back just as strong. Just then a girl who wore an apron and had powder all over her ran up to the woman hanging her a fancy note. The lady grunted opening it and read it.

Seconds later she shoved it back into the powdery girl’s hands. “What’s your name?” She had a loud voice. “Yoo-…um…Jung Hun.” I said as firm as possible, but on the inside I cringed.

“You are…Prince Daehyn’s Personal Servant.” She announced. I just said that! “I am Martha! I am in charge!” She said poking my chest. I nodded forcing myself not to flinch. “I like you Jung. You…You a strong boy. But you scrawny.” She laughed boisterously. Her laugh reminded me of Jiho’s but not as deep as his, and hers was scary. I just smiled. “Hara!” Ms.Martha called getting serious again. The powdery girl yelped.

“Help Mr.Jung Hun prepare breakfast for the prince.” She ordered. “Yes Ma’am.” The girl bowed as Martha walked away. “Follow me.” The girl smiled sweetly. I did as she said and followed her into a separate room where there were two more girls. “This is Amber.” Hara said pointing to the girl on the left. “And that’s Jessica.” She said pointing to the girl on the right. The two smiled and waved at me. I waved back and walked to the counter.

Hara grabbed some supplies and ingredients and immediately Amber and Jessica started making the food. In the middle of the 2 making breakfast hara started telling me everything that I needed to know.

“Each of the Princes have specific foods that they eat for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.” Hara began. “Right here they just finished making Prince Himchan’s and Master Jongup’s breakfast.” She said walking to the rolling cart. “Prince Himchan usually has fruit salad for breakfast and lunch along with vanilla flavored milk.” She went on. “Here is Master Jongup’s breakfast a fruit smoothie and bread with jam. Master Jongup prefers to just have a smoothie or lamb chops, but Prince Himchan insists to give this to him instead.” She explained. Then Amber placed a large plate filled with bread and a side of butter on the tray.

“This is Prince Yongguk’s and Master Junghong’s breakfast. A full plate of banana breads which they share. Though master would prefer to eat cherry tomatoes all day Prince Yongguk ordered us to make them banana bread instead. He cares for Master Junhong a lot.” Hara whispered the last part. Next Jessica placed the last plate of food onto the cart.

It had 2 apples, 2 bananas and 2 slices of watermelon. I cringed at the sight. “What’s this?” Hara asked confused. “Prince Daehyjn wanted this. He said it will be his breakfast for now on, he said that it was very special.” Jessica explained. “Oh…well okay then.” Hara said. She then put silver covers over the foods and smiled at me. “Good luck. Prince Daehyun is the only royal in the castle who had never had a personal servant until now. He had refused to in the past. He’s very picky so be careful. She advised. I nodded and pushed the cart, leaving the kitchen, heading to “his highness’s” room.

It was a long way up to his room, good thing it was easily to push the cart around. His room was all the way at the top, same as I remembered. I stopped in front of the large fancy double doors and took a deep breath. This is it. The game has now begun. I knocked on the heavy double doors.

There was silence at first. “Come in.” I heard Jongup’s voice break the silence. “Yah! I was supposed to do that.” Daehyun whisper scolded. “It might not even be him.” Jongup said. I struggled to open the first door when Zelo quickly got up and helped me open the door. He smiled at me as I pushed the cart in. “Thanks.” I whispered smiling back. Then he closed the door once I was in.

Daehyun’s eyes widened when he saw me. I didn’t smile back nor glare at him, instead I remained professional. Then he glared at Jongup who was smirking, “Guess it was him after all.” He shrugged.

The Himchan and the Yongguk guys didn’t give me very welcoming looks. They didn’t glare at me but rather just looked at me with no emotion. I could tell that the Himchan guy didn’t trust me but I couldn’t read the Yongguk guy’s expression. He seemed as if not to know what to think of me.

“I’ve brought your breakfast.” I announced without bowing. Daehyun noticed this. He might claim me as his servant but there was no way I was going to bow to him and he knew that. The Himchan guy noticed as well and raised an eyebrow.

“Great. More Jam and bread.” Jongup muttered taking a seat. They were all sat on the couches that formed a circle-like shape. “Come, come.” Daehyun motioned for me to move closer. I obeyed and only moved 4 steps closer and started to place the plate of food on the small table in the middle of the circle. Jongup snickered at my resistance. When I finished I went back to the empty cart and headed towards the door.

“Where are you going Hun?” I heard Daehyun’s voice. I twitched at the name. I slowly turned around to face them. “I must return the cart back.” I answered. “For now on, you have to tell me where you’re going and you have to get my permission.” Daehyun said. “Yeh.” I nodded. “Clingy much?” Jongup commented. “May I go your highness?” I asked not losing my composure. I really need to go. “No. Come eat with us. I’ll call for someone to get the cart and dishes later. But I don’t want you to leave my sight.” Daehyun said.

“As you wish.” I breathed. “I’ll get you a seat.” Jongup said immediately standing up. He picked up a chair and walked over towards Daehyun as if to place the seat next to him but he walked right past him and put the seat right next to where his own spot. Daehyun looked completely dumbfounded.

“Come sit here Jae.” Jongup said sitting down, patting the empty seat. I held back my smile and sat down in the chair next to him. “What?! He can’t sit there!” Daehyun argued. “Yes he can, I adopted him.” Jongup said plainly. “Bwoh?” Himchan and Daehyun burst. “Yes. I took your child away from you. What kind of parent makes their poor baby cry and suffer like you did the other day.” Jongup said petting my head.

“I-I made you cry?” Daehyun said lost in thought for a moment but quickly snapped out of it. “H-How is he going to eat?” He argued. “He doesn’t have to eat your food. We can share my bread and jam chosen by mother Himchan or Grandma Himchan in Jae’s case.” Jongup simply answered.

Daehyun folded his arms sulking back in his chair defeated. Jongup leaned back in his satisfied. “We have the rest of the day ahead of us.” Daehyun grumbled. Jongup tried to feed me a piece of bread, but I shook my head. “Oooh…that’s right you can’t eat solid foods yet.” Jongup said. I nodded. It felt strange having everyone watching us especially Daehyun who was eating his watermelon angrily looking at Jongup, who didn’t seem to care.

“I’ll get you some porridge.” He said standing up. “No…no…it’s fine.” I said weakly. “Shh…don’t talk you’ll hurt yourself, and yes you’re going to eat something, because I don’t let my children starve.” And with that Jongup dashed out of the room.

“Sooo…Youngjae….I heard you’re very smart.” Yongguk said trying to start a friendly conversation. “He is.” Zelo said nodding fast, not letting me answer. Yongguk smiled sweetly at Zelo’s cuteness. “I thought I was asking Youngjae.” He lightly laughed. “Oh…Sorry.” Zelo apologized looking down.

“Well I guess that answers my question.” Yongguk laughed looking at me. I nodded and forced an awkward smile back at him. “Well…well I knew that too.” Daehyun butted in. Yongguk and mine smiles vanished as we frowned at the prince who immediately retreated back into his seat pouting.

After we finished breakfast we exited the castled and entered the open fields to do some ‘activities’. “What is it that we’re doing? Little Youngjae can’t do anything too dangerous.” Jongup said petting my head again. He was enjoying this too much. That was the last straw for Daehyun. He walked over to us and grabbed my wrist and dragged me with him. “Yah!” Zelo spoke up, but the elder ignored him. “You already had your time with him.” Daehyun said. “If you wanted to spend time with him you could’ve just asked. Jongup simply said. “I don’t have to ask.” Daehyun stomped off pulling me behind him.

The whole ‘activities’ thing turned into a blown out competition, well mostly between Daehyun and JOngup. They shot arrows, fenced, and several other competitive activities. Everyone else was pretty much the audience watching their mini showdown. “Here Youngjae ride on this little pony so that you won’t fall.” Jongup said as we prepared for a horse race.

I shook my head and said, “I don’t know how to ride.” “Then you can ride with me.” Jongup offered with a sly smile. “No! He’s riding with me.” Daehyun demanded. “Aniya! Your horse is too fast. Youngjae-si is riding with no one! He shouldn’t be doing this.” Zelo protested. “He’s not any of your guys’! I knew him first.” Daehyun said angrily, getting fed up.

Yongguk came up to me and sighed. “I’m sorry. But you’ll have to understand that Daehyun has made up his mind about you.” He said patting my shoulder awkwardly. Daehyun then grabbed my wrist aand dragged me across the stable, I was really getting tired of him dragging me around.

He settled up his horse angrily, mumbling stuff to himself. Once everyone was ready I followed everyone out the stables where they all lined up their horses preparing for the race. “Com’on.” Daehyun ordered grabbing my wrist again.

“I don’t want to ride.” I insisted trying to pull away but of course he was stronger. But he ignored me. “Let me go. I demanded. He still ignored me and dragged me all the way to his horse.

The black horse looked at me with dark brown beady eyes that seemed to look right into my soul. I had a really bad feeling about this. A chill went straight up my spine just looking at the strong horse. “Daehyun. Please. I can’t. I-I have a bad feeling about this.” I begged. I don’t know why I was suddenly terrified, but the feeling I had was so strong I couldn’t help it.

Zelo gave me a worried look, he must’ve had a bad feeling as well. “You’ll be fine. I promise.” Daehyun promised sincerely and picked me up sitting me on top of the horse. I was high off the ground and jumping off would only hurt my chest. Daehyun sat in front of me. I was forced to hold on to him if I didn’t want to fall. I saw the horse look at me from the corner of its eye.

This horse was different…it definitely wasn’t normal. “Ready?” The Himchan guy began. I held onto Daehyun as tight as I could, I didn’t want to fall off, nor die. “On your mark.” Himchan said slowly. “We’re not running, come on.” Jongup said impatiently. I felt my heart pounding in my chest. What’s going on? I’m not afraid of anything! So, why am I acting up? “Go!” on Himchan’s command, we were off. The horses ran like lightning.

I felt my hands slipping. I tightened my grip not caring whether or not I might’ve been hurting Daehyun. At first Yongguk was way ahead of us, but we gained speed…fast! How fast can these horses go? The next think I knew we were ahead of everyone.

I looked back to see that we were way ahead of everyone, and we were still getting faster and faster. “Daehyun…please.” I begged into his shirt, but he couldn’t hear me because of the loud noises of the horse’s hooves hitting the ground. The noise only seemed to get louder and louder in my ears. Just then the horse suddenly reared back on its hind legs. I gripped even tighter onto Daehyun. “Whoaa~...Calm down boy.” Daehyun said soothingly petting the horse when it stopped moving.

“Are you okay?” He asked me. I shook my head, I wanted to get off now! “Okay we can get off. Here let me get off first so I can help you off, kay?” he said caringly. I slowly nodded and released my hold on him. He carefully climbed off the horse and faced me getting ready to help me off when the horse suddenly stormed off.

I instinctively grabbed onto it. “Youngjae!”Daehyun called running after me. But the horse was running way faster than before. It was going off the trail to what looked like a dangerous hilly area.

-Daehyun’s POV-

Yongguk and Himchan were the first ones to catch up. “What’s up?” Yongguk asked in a serious tone seeing that Bolt and Youngjae were both gone. “Bolt (the name of the horse) is acting up. I don’t know what’s wrong, but Youngjae is in danger.” I quickly said. “Here take my horse.” Himchan said. “No.” Yongguk said hopping off of his. “Mine is faster, he’ll reach him sooner.” He said.

I immediately hopped on. “We’ll follow you.” Yongguk said joining Himchan on his horse. I nodded and we were off. I followed the trail of where Youngjae and Bolt had went. Luckily I was able to spot them right away. Bolt might’ve been faster than Red (name of Yongguk’s horse) but Red had keener eye sight and was less repulsive.

Red sped up after the first glimpse of Bolt. I was shocked by Bolt’s speed, I’ve never seen him run that fast, as he sped up even more. “Do you think you can do this?” I leaned in whispering in Red’s ear not taking an eye off of them. In response Red sped up. Youngjae, don’t worry. I’m coming for you.

-3rd Person POV-

Youngjae was struggling more and more the longer and faster Bolt ran. The horse ran seeming to know exactly where he was headed.

Youngjae wasn’t sure of what to do or what would even happen. All he knew was that he shouldn’t have ridden in the first place. He knew he shouldn’t. At that moment he hoped that Daehyun would save him.

Red waasn’t fast enough to catch Bolt. Bolt was using speed never seen by anyone. Daehyun knew that he wouldn’t make it, but he continued to follow them because he knew exactly where they were headed, there was a cliff at the end of the trail. He had to stop that horse, somehow. “Daehyun!” somebody called.

He looked back to see that everyone else was right behind him. He made eye contact with Zelo who was glaring dead at him. When he turned back around Bolt and Youngjae were gone. Daehyun was furious and desperate, but Red saw and he knew the way.

Youngjae was out of breath now. He couldn’t feel anything with the horse’s amazing speed. Youngjae looked up and saw that there was no more ground a few yards ahead. He squinted hard, he could have sworn that he saw someone wearing a black cloak and hood. Wait…no. He wasn’t wearing a cloak, he was dressed in all black. He had dark black hair that looked brown in the light and dark brown eyes. He looked straight at him in the eyes. Youngjae felt like he was in slow motion.

He snapped out of it as his attention went back straight to the horse when he heard the horse screech loudly. His hands were forced to let go s the horse threw him against a large tree. The impact of Youngjae’s body hitting the tree caused him to scream in pain. All Youngjae could see was a blurry picture of the guy walking away, he seemed to have suddenly vanished into thin air.

Daehyun arrived just in time to see Youngjae hit the thick tree. Daehyun fiercely stopped Red and jumped off running to Youngjae’s care. “Youngjae…” he said with teary eyes. He carefully lifted Youngjae’s head and propped it in the crook of his arm.

Youngjae’s eyes were barely open. “Y-Youngjae.” He said again. “I-I told you.” Youngjae struggled, he was hurting more than before. “I know…I-I-I hurt you.” Daehyun sniffed. “…again.” Youngjae said weakly. He had actually hoped that Daehyun would save him, he actually did. But if it wasn’t for that guy, then he would’ve really been dead.

The others finall caught up to them. Yongguk ran to Bolt to get a hold of the vicious horse and calm it down. Himchan petted the Red trying to comfort the whimpering horse. Jongup and Zelo ran to Youngjae’s care.

Zelo pushed Daehyun out of the way, he was upset with him. Younjae rolled over in pain holding his left arm. “What’s wrong?” Jongup asked him. “My arm…m-my arm.” He groaned in pain. “We have to take him to Dr.Sunhi.” Jongup said lifting Youngjae up carefully. “I-I’ll take him.” Daehyun offered “No!” Zelo spat angrily. “You already hurt him too many times! Just leave him alone! Go! This is all your fault.” The maknae shouted.

Daehyun trembled. Everyone stopped and stared at the two, no one knew how to react, they’ve never seen Junhong like this before, nor have they seen Daehyun this lost. Zelo was mad. Daehyun was really pushing his buttons. He’s such an airhead. He doesn’t care about anyone but himself! It’s about what he wants, what he needs, his way! Zelo thought furiously to himself. He stormed off to his horse with Jongup following close behind.

Jongup laid Youngjae carefully on his own horse. Zelo hopped on his and the three road away.

 

 

-

 

“You guys can come in.” Jongup said to the 3 princes who waited for half an hour outside of Dr.Sunhi’s office At Jongups command they entered the room silently closing the door behind them. Youngjae was sitting on the patient’s bed with a sling around his left arm, he had broken it for a second time. Youngjae’s eyes were red a swollen from all the crying he had done from his physical and emotional pain. He didn’t understand why all of this was happening to him.

“Thankfully nothing serious, other than his broken arm, happened. For now he’s going to be sore.” Dr.Sunhi informed the princes.”Thank goodness.” Himchan sighed in relief. He had actually felt bad for the kid, he was beginning to feel pity for him, being forced to do things he doesn’t want to and getting hurt in the process.

“You should let him go back home.” Himchan told Daehyun who wasn’t sure of what to do at the moment. “It’s Daehyun’s and Youngjae’s decision.” Yongguk told Himchan, but he also thought it would be best for Youngjae to go home as well. “I made a promise…” Daehyun spoke up grimly. Junhong was quick to jump in. “You don’t have to do it this way!” he burst. “Junhong is right.” Himchan said. “No…” Youngjae spoke up wearily.

Everyone stopped and looked at the peasant boy. “I’m already in this. I didn’t break my arm for no reason. This is just the beginning, so why stop now?” Youngjae spoke firmly. “Youngjae-ssi…” Zelo said a bit shocked. Daehyun’s face lightened with gladness and hope. Youngjae looked at everyone looking for Daehyun and locked eyes with him. “But I will only do this if you do one thing for me.” He said sternly. “Anything.” The Jung Prince said. “…You have to pay me…enough money for where I can provide for my mother and me fully on our own.” He said.

“Already done.” The Prince confirmed. Himchan looked back and forth at the two, not knowing what either of them were thinking. Yongguk studied the peasant boy trying to read him, but all he could read was a genuine kid.

Zelo looked at Daehyun as if to send him a warning not to mess things up or he’ll seriously take action and leave with Youngjae for good. Dr.Sunhi stood in the background smiling softly at the boys. Oh how they are in for a ride, she thought to herself. Jongup walked up behind the 3 princes forcing them into a group hug, squeezing them tight.

“Yah!” Himchan spat as Jongup squeezed them together. “What are you…” Yongguk couldn’t finish. “Hey! Let me be by Youngjae.” Daehyun argued trying to squeeze between Zelo and Youngjae’s arm!” Zelo reminded struggling to protect Youngjae from Daehyun. “Hahaha. We have the uptight mother, the angry beast, the boy with issues, the baby boy, the other baby boy, and me the only sane one.” Jongup smiled. “Jongup!” Everyone snapped in unison.

 

 

A/N: Hey Everyone! Thank you so much for the support! I truly appreciate it! I'm going to try to post another chapter later tonight!