Chapter 20: Here Comes The Rain Again

All Of Me

Together we searched for Youngjae and minutes later we finally found him with the others. He didn’t look so well. “Youngjae…” Dr.Sunhi said running over to the group. Jiho and Yongguk helped him keep his balance.

“What’s wrong?” I asked. Zelo’s expression didn’t look so great either. It’s like he and Dr.Sunhi know what’s going on. The thunderstorm became even worse, and nobody else seemed to notice. “We have to take him to the village to his mother.” Dr.Sunhi instructed. “No!” Zelo spat in panic. We all looked at him.

“He can’t be with Ms.Yoo we just need to get him out of here.” Zelo said. Dr.Sunhi nodded. “Can you walk?” Himchan asked Youngjae with concern. Youngjae shook his head. Jiho and Yongguk wrapped his arms around their necks supporting him. I stood their scared and confused. What the heck is going on? Youngjae looked at me just as worried, his eyes asking the same question, that I had no answer too. “Let’s go.” Yongguk said. We walked through the crowd until we were out of the ball room, then we made our way outside.

The rain was pouring heavy outside. We had to go outside in order to go to the palace since the ballroom is separate from the castle itself. “I hate the rain.” Himchan growled to himself. We tried to run through the rain when a huge lightning bolt struck the night sky. Zelo jumped behind Bang tugging his sleeve. At that exact moment Youngjae suddenly fainted. “We’re too late.” Dr.Sunhi announced.

“No…no we’re not…We can still make it.” Zelo said determined. “Then we’ll have to split up. Daehyun take Youngjae to the place. The rest of you come with us.” Dr.Sunhi ordered. Everyone obeyed and got situated. I picked up the unconscious Youngjae bride-style and we went our separate ways.

The rain poured down even harder, as if it were trying to force us down or something. I used all of my strength trying to run through the rain and cover Youngjae. Another light bolt struck only a few inches in front of me. Surprisingly it didn’t strike us. It was as if some shield had blocked it, because all of its electricity went completely around us. I don’t know what it was but I didn’t want to risk it in case it happens again, and the lightning doesn’t miss.

The rain blurred my vision but I was able to spot the hangout. It was closer than the palace, so I decided to go there instead, and ran as fast as I could over to it.

Youngjae was really light in my arms, which only scared me. I hoped he was okay. “We’re almost there Youngjae.” I assured him. “So please, whatever is going on just…hang in there.” His body was cold.

Minutes later I finally made it to the hang out and busted through the door, quickly shutting it behind me and locked it so that we wouldn’t be disturbed.

I carried Youngjae all the way to the back room and rest him on the chair. Then I went to the closet and grabbed some dry clothes for him and changed him into them. After changing him I hung up his wet clothes and picked him back up and tucked him into the bed. I then took a dry rag and wiped his face, wiping off the cold water.

I just stared at his lifeless face. “Youngjae…” I said softly, caressing his cheek. “Aren’t you going to tell me how strange it is how you were fine all this week and now you’re…like this?” I asked tears rushing to my eyes. “You were right…” I said fighting back the tears.

“Why do you do this to me?” my voice cracked as I attempted to laugh. “Why must you make me miss you? Just…Just come back and I promise to never leave you side again.” My tears betrayed me as they ran down my face. I hated seeing him like this. How come every time I’m away he always ends up hurt or like this? “We can just stay here for as long as you want. I’ll have someone bring us food every day.”

“Come baack Youngjae…” Don’t do this to me. What am I doing wrong? Why is he like this? Can he never catch a break everything was going so well! “Come back to me Youngjae!” I cried into his chest. I couldn’t fight it anymore. I felt alone. It felt like Youngjae wasn’t even here. He was so lifeless, and cold, nothing like before, this was nothing like before. I hated this feeling, I couldn’t do anything, I couldn’t protect him. All I could do was beg and cry. And cry myself to sleep.

 

 

-

 

 

The next morning I woke up to the sunshine that streamed in through the window. I sat up blinking a few times and looked around the room it was bright…too bright. I walked to the window and closed the curtains darkening the room a little. I was feeling stuffy and a little light headed, when I realized that I had slept in my wet clothes!

I dragged over to the closet and picked out dry clothes and changed into them. I looked over to Youngjae only to see that he was in the same condition as last night, my heart only sunk further. I didn’t understand. None of this made sense to me. It all happened way too fast and out of nowhere. All I wanted to do was enjoy the annual ball with him, with Youngjae and our friends.

I started to cough, causing my throat and chest to hurt. I felt a slight shiver come upon me. So I got up and left the room, leaving the door wide open so that I could keep an eye on Youngjae. Then I took some fire wood that was in the corner and threw some into the fire place. Next I found a match and lit the wood, creating a warm fire.

I sat by the fire with my hands around my knees staring at it. I stared at the flames as they danced around in its contained are, seeming to want to break free. I reminisced on the times Jae and I spent together when we were younger, 10 years ago.

I laughed a little to myself at the memories. I was so naive and stupid. I don’t know how Youngjae was able to put up with a ridiculous kid like me. Or why he still continued to be around me, then again I never really let him leave me.

I remember when I first met him and Jiho, and how they saved me. Even though Youngjae didn’t like me and his best friend got hurt because of me…he still saved me. I guess that’s why I feel so protective around him, I felt as if I needed to return the favor, though it seems like I’m doing the exact opposite. But even if I returned the favor, I don’t think I would ever stop. He was my very first friend.

There was a soft knock on the door that knocked me back into reality. I sluggishly stood up and walked to the door, unlocked it and opened it. Dr.Sunhi, Zelo, Yongguk, Himchan, Jongup, and Jiho were waiting outside. None of them looked like they had any good news, especially Zelo and Jiho whose eyes were red and swollen.

I let them in without saying a word, and closed the door, locking it back. Then I went to the back room and took one glance at the lifeless Youngjae before shutting the door. I walked back over to the others and took a seat in my own chair.

It was a gloomy scene, with nobody know what to do, no one knowing what to say. “The guards are out looking for you.” Bang mumbled. I didn’t respond. Of course. “So what’s up?” I asked honestly not really interested in what they had to say, especially if it was going to be bad news.

“Youngjae’s mother is…” Dr.Sunhi stopped, reconsidering her worse. “She’s past away.”

Dead silence refilled the room almost immediately.

“Who’s going to tell Youngjae?” I asked choking. No one said anything. I sighed. “I guess I will.” I said holding back my tears.

“How is Youngjae doing?” Yongguk asked. “…He’s still unconscious.” I said my voice slightly cracking. I couldn’t believe it. He’s probably better off not waking up at sll.Himchan, Jongup, Jiho and Zelo were the only ones who hadn’t said not one word.

“What are we going to do about Youngjae then? Now that his mother is…no longer with us. That gives his father a chance to take Youngjae back, being his only guardian. And you’re parents will give him back without any difficulty.” Yongguk said.

Tears streamed uncontrollably down my face. I tried to speak, but I couldn’t it was too much. And too said. “Youngjae can move in with me and my mother.” Zelo squeaked. I wanted to object but my throat was clogged. Yongguk nodded in agreement. Dr.Sunhi didn’t say anything. Himchan slowly started to nod as well.

Yongguk looked at Jiho and asked, “What do you think? You’re his closest friend and you’re pretty much the next thing to his family, so I think it should be your call.”

Jiho struggled to say anything. “…It’ll be the best thing to do for him. Until…we figure s-something out. He won’t like it though.” Jiho said weakly. “What about Youngjae? What about what he thinks?” Jongup spoke up, his voice was hoarse, he wasn’t in the mood to play.

“Youngjae isn’t in the state to make any serious decision and he won’t be when he wakes up either and finds out what happened.” Yongguk explained. Yongguk was good at maintaining his emotions and remaining composed and rational in times like these, but you could see the sadness in his eyes.

“So? Are any of us in the state to make any serious decisions? Especially about somebody else’s life?” Jongup snapped. “Jongup.” Himchan said calming the younger down. “It’s final.” Yongguk said unable to look anyone in the eye. He was slowly breaking.

“If you’ll excuse me, I should get going.” Dr.Sunhi excused herself. She was close to breaking down as well. She quickly left the hangout not allowing anyone to say anything.

“What about me? Don’t I get a say?” I croaked, not happy with the decision whatsoever. “Daehyun…” Yongguk sighed. “What about me and Youngjae?” I spat. “No one said you couldn’t be together.” The elder said. “Junhong lives all the way in your kingdom!” I snapped.

“Daehyun we can still visit you…and you can still visit us.” Yongguk spoke remaining calm. I jumped out of my seat. “No! I should get a say in this too!” I said getting even more upset. “Daehyun, you of all people cannot be making decisions for Youngjae in this situation.” Bang broke it to me.

I shook my head in denial. No…no that’s wrong. “Bang is right.” Himchan spoke up. “No! All of you are wrong! I won’t let you take him! I won’t let you take him away from me!” I screamed running to the back room. “Daehyun!” Himchan spat.

Bang quickly got up about to stop me. “Daehyun!” He yelled. I swung open the bedroom door and slammed it closed behind me, making sure to lock it so that no one could come in. I fell to my knees and started crying again. It all hurt too much. My chest ached.

I don’t mean to be overly possessive, but I don’t want to be separated from him again. We live in two completely different worlds. Anything can happen. Anything! Too much has happened already. I’m already close to losing him and I have him here with me. What would happen when we’re far away from each other? “Daehyun!! Get out of there now!!” Bang yelled pounding on the door.

I didn’t respond and ran over to the side of the bed falling onto my knees. “Daehyun!” He called. “Daehyun!” “Jung Daehyun!!!” I caressed Youngjae’s hair, still crying. “I won’t let them take you away from me…I won’t let them take you away from me.”

-Zelo’s POV-

“He’s not going to open it.” Himchan said. “Can’t you unlock it from the outside?” Jongup pointed out. “Yeah…but Daehyun has the keys. So he has to open it…he has to let go.” Himchan sighed. “I’ll take you back to the village.” Yongguk told Jiho. Jiho nodded, not saying a word, and with that the two left.

There was dead silence. What was there to say? Seriously! My heart ached for Youngjae. His only family member died…and it was his mother. She was such a nice lady, always optimistic and just fun to be around. How can something like that die away so easily? Tears poured down my face, I wasn’t even going to try to fight it.

“Why?” I could barely speak. Jongup and HImchan looked at me. “Why did this have to happen?” I cried. “She was so nice…why did she have to go?! Why did she have to leave Youngjae?!” I sobbed. My chest began to hurt as I choked on my tears. “What is Youngjae going to do when he wakes up?” I asked them.

Himchan shook his head unable to speak. Jongup just hid his face in his hands. “He’ll never be the same. He won’t be able to move forward. He’ll be done for sure...He’ll…he’ll break.” My voice cracked.

I felt myself suddenly getting angry. “And Daehyun is being selfish, only thinking about himself and not wanting Youngjae to be separated from him.” I growled. “Zelo…don’t think like that.” Himchan forced himself to speak. I ignored him and stood up walking over to the bed room door.

I banged my fist against the door angrily. “Daehyun!! Daehyun you freakin bastard! You selfish little…! You don’t care about Youngjae!” I yelled. “You only care about yourself! Maybe he should be taken away from you for good! He was better off without you anyway!” I snapped. Jongup quickly jumped to his feet and stopped me dragging me back.

“What are you doing?!” I cried trying to pull away. “That’s enough.” Jongup spoke sternly. “No! I’m not done! I want to make sure he hears me!” I said fighting him, but he was stronger. “Aniyo Junhong…that was wrong.” Jongup said.

I finally pulled away from him. “What do you mean I’m wrong? Everything I said was true!” I snapped. “So? Daehyun is going through his own issues right now. He has a reason behind it, but he just can’t take the time to think things through. Right now he’s just going off on his emotions. It’s a lot to handle.” Jongup said. I looked away. I guess he was somewhat right.

A couple of hours later Yongguk returned. “I guess we’ll leave tomorrow night.” He announced. “Tomorrow night? That’s too soon. Shouldn’t you wait until Youngjae wakes up?” Himchan said his voice weak.

“No. The sooner we leave the better. We don’t want to give Youngjae’s father the opportunity to take Youngjae or Daehyun’s parents to get rid of him, they aren’t happy over the fact that Daehyun left in the middle of the party.” Yongguk explained. Himchan still disagreed but didn’t say anything. “So…Himchan and I will stay back with Daehyun then.” Jongup said getting straight to business.

Yongguk thought about it for a moment, before nodding. “Yeah, and you guys can come by a few days after we leave. Jongup just nodded. “That sounds good.”

“So now what?” He asked. “Well, there’s nothing more to do until tomorrow. I’ll have a carriage prepared for tomorrow. We’ll leave at sunset.” Bang said. “So…I guess we should all just rest for now, we’ve all had a long evening last night.” He sighed sorrowfully, it was a lot on him, he didn’t like making Daehyun this unhappy.

It’s especially hard getting over a death when people are fighting. I looked over at the bedroom door. I did feel bad for Daehyun in a way. He was really hurting.

For the rest of the day we didn’t do or say much, but sit around and be silent. Jongup and Himchan went out for a bit and rode their horses to clear their minds. Yongguk and I stayed behind making very small talk.

Daehyun remained locked in the room with an unconscious Youngjae. I don’t know which one is better, Youngjae being unconscious to not witness his mother’s death or him being there. He probably would’ve wanted to be there instead of being immobile. It’s going to be hard breaking the news to him.

Night time fell quickly. It was as if there wasn’t even a day to begin with. The mood had just made everything seem so dark. We ended up staying the night in the hangout as well. We didn’t have any means to go to the palace anyway.

In the middle of the night, when everyone was fast asleep, I got up and slipped on my hooded cloak, and snuck outside into the dark night, the only light came from the stars and the lanterns that surrounded the entire place.

I snuck into the back of the castle and went through one of the hidden doors. I was careful not to be seen. I slipped in the back spiral stairs that led up all the way to Dr.Sunhi’s office. I knocked lightly on the door.

A few seconds later the door slowly opened. “Hello?” She answered quietly. “It’s me Junhong.” I told her. “Oh…come in.” She said almost hesitantly, opening the door wider. Once I was inside she gently closed it behind me.

Her eyes were red from crying. Guessing from the scene last night, I could tell that she and Ms.Yoo had actually been fairly close. “What brings you here?” She asked heating up a pot of water. “I have a favor to ask.” I said. She looked at me, listening.

“I know when Youngjae is going to wake up. I-I had a dream about it.” I began. “I know that you are different. You’re not who you appear to be, but you’re much more. You’re like…You’re like Youngjae’s mother. But I don’t know what.” I confessed. “And Youngjae might possibly be the same way. And maybe there’s more to me with these dreams.”

“Where are you going with this?” She questioned. “I need you to block Youngjae’s memory.” I said getting straight to the point. Her eyes widened. “His memory of Daehyun.” I said being more specific.

“I know it sounds wrong…but Youngjae wakes up tomorrow morning and we plan on leaving at sunset…Youngjae is not going to leave Daehyun for sure. And…And I don’t want things to be any harder for him. I know it’s wrong but, I don’t know what else to do. It’s only temporary.” I explained fighting within myself. This is so wrong, but I don’t want to make things harder than it’s already going to be. It’s for a good purpose but…but…ugh! I don’t know!

I pulled my hair in frustration. What do I do?! A tear streamed down my cheek. Just then Dr.Sunhi rest a hand on my shoulder.

-3rd person POV-

The next morning Youngjae slowly opened his eyes. Youngjae didn’t recognize where he was. He just laid there for a few minutes unable to move his body. What happened? He thought to himself. He couldn’t remember anything that happened the other day. His body ached though. He slowly sat up using all of his strength.

Daehyun felt Youngjae’s movements and woke up as well. “Youngjae?” He said seeing the confused boy sitting up on the bed. Youngjae turned his head and looked at him.

Daehyun’s heart jumped in gladness. “Youngjae!” He cried hugging the younger. “Younjae you’re up! You’re back!” Daehyun cried happy tears. “I’m so happy you’re back! I won’t ever leave your side again. I’ll always be here for you.” Daehyun promised, meaning every single word that came from between his lips. Daehyun was estactic that his one and only love was back.

It was only a matter a time of telling him the truth. Daehyun smiled to himself. Now that Youngjae is up, they definetly can’t take him. Youngjae won’t go. He’ll come up with an alternative. Daehyun released his hug and looked at Youngje as color began to regain in the younger’s cheeks. “How are you feeling?” Daehyun asked him.

“I’m fine. I guess my body is just…sore.” Youngjae answered. Daehyun started coughing. His coughs were fierce and they hurt his chest. “Are you okay?” Youngjae asked him. “Yea…I’m fine, it’s nothing.” Daehyun lied. He was catching a cold. “Are you sure? Should I go get someone?” Youngjae offered.

Daehyun shook his head and stared at him. Youngjae felt a bit awkward with the guy who was just staring at him. Daehyun leaned in about to kiss him. Youngjae noticed this and backed away, falling off of the bed in the process. “Youngjae.” Daehyun gasped a little worried. “Wh-What are you doing?” Youngjae asked rubbing his head. “What…What do you mean?” Daehyun asked not understanding. “Who are you?” Youngjae finally asked.

 

 

 

A/N: Hey everyone!! Man so much has happened in this chapter right? Lol.

 I am almost done with this story (probably 5 more chapters at the most). I'm hoping that I can finish this either tomorrow or Sunday. Thanks again for the support! I truly appreciate it! And Thank you so much for making it this far! If I do write another story, I won't be able to update as quickly as I do now, because I start school this coming Monday. :/ so if I do write another one then it'll probably be like one chapter a week. But Thank you for everything!!