Chapter 21: Trust and Believe

All Of Me

-Daehyun’s POV-

My heart snapped…I-I didn’t know what to say or think “Who are you?” Youngjae asked again. “Wh-What do you mean…who am I?” I finally spoke. Youngjae struggled to help himself up. “It means what it means.” He said finally standing up to his feet. “You mean you don’t know who I am?” I asked not believing what I was hearing at all.

Youngjae dusted himself off and stared at me. He studied me for a little bit before speaking again. "I don't." he said. My eyes teared up. "How do you not know me?" I asked getting upset. My head felt warm and the rest of my body felt cold. "I-I. Don't know." Youngjae defended.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down and think. "Okay. Do you remember anything about the other day? The ball? The thunderstorm?" I questioned.

Youngjae thought for a bit and slowly shook his head. "It's all a blur." he answered. I began to cough. I coughed over and over again each cough more severe than the last.

The pain cut through my chest burning a little. "Are you sure you're okay? I can get someone." Youngjae said heading towards the door. "No!" I spat. He stopped and looked at me. I climbed out of the bed and walked over to him.

He backed up as I got closer to him, until he bumped into the door. I rest the palm of my hand against the door by his head. "Don't go." I breathed. Youngjae stared into my eyes unsure whether or not to trust me. "My name is Daehyun. Prince Daehyin." I told her. His expression changed in mere disgust.

"You're a royal. Not any royal, but the blood of the Jung family. You're heir to the throne aren't you?" He said. "Youngjae. No it's not like that." I said. How does he remember how much he hates the royals and my family but not me? "No. I don't want to hear it. And how do you know my name anyway?" he said not giving me the chance.

"Because...Youngjae I know you. We're really close. I love you…And...and you love me." I said unsure of how to explain it.

Youngjae's eye twitched. "What are you talking about? Do you think I'm stupid? I'll never love a member of the Jung family. Now let me go." he hissed. His words hurt me, they were so cold…and he meant it. Daehyun it's not true...it's not true. He just doesn't know you.

"Let me go." Youngjae demanded reaching for the door handle. My eyes widened. I quickly grabbed him before he could get hold of the door knob. "What the heck are you doing?!" Youngjae snapped. I dragged him away from the door, overpowering him with my strength. "I'm not letting you leave me." I said. "What?!?! Are you crazy?!?!" he asked in disbelief. I nodded

"Let me go!" he yelled trying to pull away. I held him tighter holding him back. "Help!!" he screamed. "Somebody!! Help me!!" he screamed some more. This wasn't like him, to scream for help. I guess he was tired of being taken advantage of due to his lack of strength. "I'm sorry Youngjae. I don't know what else to do." a tear streamed down my cheek.

 

-Zelo's POV-

We all entered the hangout after our trio to the village and the castle. Yongguk and I had our stuff packed, ready to go. When we entered we heard someone screaming from the back room. "Help! Somebody!" I heard Youngjae cry. "He's up." Himchan said sounding surprised.

The four of us dropped everything and ran to the room. What could possibly be going on? Himchan searched the room and found the keys to the door and unlocked it. He and Yongguk ran into the room and tried to separate them. "Daehyun! What are you doing?! Are you crazy?!" Yongguk spat holding the younger Prince back. Daehyun didn't respond.

Himchan broke Daehyun's grip setting Youngjae free. Youngjae immediately ran into my arms shaking. He nearly fell to the ground but I caught him."Zelo-ah...what's going on?" he was scared. "How do you remember Junhong and not me?!" Daehyun cried.

"What are you talking about?" Himchan questioned. "Youngjae doesn't remember me. Nor does he remember anything from that Day." Daehyun said. I helped Youngjae over to the couch outside of the bedroom, so he could rest. "Do you remember the rest of us?" Jongup questioned curiously. Youngjae nodded. "That's strange." Himchan noted. "He'll gain his memory back." I assured them. Jongup studied me a bit.

"But Daehyun…What in the world has gotten into you?" Bang asked turning to the Jung Prince. He didn't respond. Yongguk sighed, "Can you guys leave the two of us alone please? I think we need to talk." he said. We nodded and left the hangout.

Dr.Sunhi blocked Youngjae's memory of Daehyun and some other memories since Daehyun had a fairly large impact on his life. She said his behavior may change a bit but he'll be back to normal as soon as he regains his memory. His memory will come back in about 48 hours. The only way for him to regain his memory before then is if the two were to make "lip to lip" contact. I kind of felt bad, but I didn't know what else to do. Daehyun will hate me for sure if he found out. But Dr.Sunhi assured me that it was the right thing to do. For Youngjae's sake at least.

But I had still felt uneasy. So as soon as I had came back from meeting with Dr.Sunhi I confessed everything to Yongguk. But he thought I was being silly. "So you really don't remember Daehyun?" Youngjae shook his head. "Don't question him. He just woke up, he needs to rest." Jongup said still in an unhappy state.

"How are you feeling?" Himchan decided to ask instead. "Honestly...not so good." Youngjae admitted. "Here." Jongup offered bending down on one knee. Youngjae gave him a strange look. "Hop on my back. We'll find you some place to rest." Jongup said.

Youngjae shook his head. "Ani...i'm fine. I can walk." Youngjae said. "Don't lie. You just said that you weren't feeling good." Jongup said. Youngjae was taken by surprise by Jongup's attitude, it really wasn't like him. But instead of arguing, he obeyed and climbed on Jongup's back wrapping his arms around the younger's neck. Once Youngjae was secure, Jongup stood up.

"That's nice of you." Himchan said. "I want to be as nice as I can before he finds out what actually happened." Jongup said in all seriousness. Himchan and I could only nod in agreement. We all were actually afraid for him. How in the world are we going to break the news? This is the last thing he needs.

-Yongguk's POV-

I sat on the opposite side of the angry Daehyun, watching him. Waiting for him to speak. It wasn't until a good 5 minutes later when words finally escaped his mouth.

"Yongguk...I don't understand." He confessed breaking down. "What's...What's wrong with me?" He went on. I didn't say anything and let him continue speaking.

"How could all of this happen? Why did it happen?" he asked this time looking up at me for an answer. "I don't know Daehyun...all of us are asking the same questions." I said.

"Am I really that selfish? Am I really that much of a Bayard? Like Zelo said yesterday?" Daehyun questioned himself. I raised an eyebrow. "Junhong said that?" I asked. He silently nodded.

"Zelo didn't mean it. He was letting his emotions get to him. Out of the 5 of us, not including Youngjae, you and Zelo are the only ones who really knew Ms. Yoo, so it's hard on both of you guys. Jiho and the others are going through the same thing, maybe even worse." I told him.

Daehyun shook his head as more years streamed down his cheeks. "It's fine to let your emotions and feelings out. It's better to do that instead of holding it in." I encouraged. "But what am I going to do about Youngjae? He has...no one." Daehyun said. I really didn't have a response for that.

What do we do about Youngjae? He can't stay here with Daehyun or with any of his friends because his dad will get him back.

"Well, we have time to think that over, later. For now he'll stay over with me and Zelo.” I reminded. Daehyun cringed at the thought. "I'm not going to-," "Daehyun." I cut him off in a stern tone.

"Forget about all of that right now. If you really want to help Youngjae then put all of that aside. Right now is the time for you to get all of your mourning out and set your emotions straight so you can be there mentally and emotionally strong for Youngjae when he has to go through the death of his mother. Because it will be the hardest time for him than for anyone else, more than even for you." I said continuing to be stern. The younger straightened up a little as if to realize something. He slowly nodded in determination. "You're right." he said. "You are…Right." he said coughing.

"Are you okay?" I asked concerned, his coughed were dry and sharp. "Yeah..." he said clearing his throat."It's just a little cold from being in the rain." he assured. "Make sure you take care of yourself as well." I told him. "Yeah Yeah...I will." he said.

Silence fell between us for a few minutes as he thought to himself. "I must've acted really stupid today and yesterday." he remarked. "Mm hm…You got that right." I said walking up to him. He sighed. "Nothing to condemn yourself over. None of us are in our right peace of mind." I said patting him on his back. "Mm..." was his only response. "I'll let you alone, to gather yourself." I said and with that I left the hangout.

I kind of felt bad for Daehyun as well, he was honestly really messed up. "I guess Zelo wasn't joking around after all. Youngjae really doesn't remember Daehyun." I spoke aloud. I remember him unsure of whether or not it was a good idea or not, he felt really bad.

But honestly I believe he did the right thing. Even though it caused Daehyun to go a bit crazy, it was an opportunity for him to actually be alone and take the time to think to himself. And. It also makes it easier to take Youngjae with us. It would've been harder for us to get Youngjae to leave Daehyun.

Nothing much went on for the rest of the day. Daehyun remained in the hangout alone. I walked around for a bit thinking about the future. The others had went out somewhere and didn't come back until late in the afternoon. By that time we all re-gathered at the hangout and relaxed for a bit before it was time for us to go. There was a little more chattering than before, but it still wasn't much.

"Yongguk." Youngjae said. "Hm?" I responded. "What's going on with everyone?" he asked. "What do you mean?" "Why is everyone so gloomy? Did something happen?" he asked me tilting his head. He looked at me with innocent questioning eyes. They were so pure and innocent that it made me choke in hesitation. I have never wanted to lie so badly before.

“Yongguk?” He asked again, this time showing little concern. The others looked over at me. “Yongguk? What’s the matter?”

“Come here…” I said motioning for him to get closer. He obeyed and scooted closer to me. I hung an arm over his frail shoulders. “Just know this one thing.” I struggled to keep my voice strong. He only nodded. I felt my eyes get warm and moist but I forced a gentle smile. “That everything will be okay….it’s going to be okay.” I said, I was unable to look him directly in the eyes.

Daehyun coughed sharply. Everyone stared at me in silence, except for Youngjae who only looked even more confused. “Can you…Can you say that for me? That everything is going to…be okay?” I cracked.

Youngjae smiled at me and nodded. “Everything is going to be okay, hyung.” He said patting my knee gently. I had to look away from hi. I’m sorry Youngjae…I am so sorry…I apologized in my heart.

Jongup was the one to stand up and leave the place, slamming the door behind him. Daehyun also got up and went into the back room. Youngjae ended up falling asleep on my shoulder. He must’ve been exhausted from being unconscious for nearly 2 days and having an eventful day the day he wakes up.

Zelo and Himchan sat there with no words to be exchanged. The main thing that was on my mind was how we were going to tell him about his mother. It will probably be best to tell him when he gets his memory back, but keeping it away from him any longer will only make it worse.

Before we knew it, it was sunset…time to leave. It was going to be hard to wake Youngjae up. He looked al peaceful sleeping. Why couldn’t he just stay like that? So he won’t have to face anything else again. “Youngjae.” I whispered.

“Youngjae.” I said again this time nudging him gently. “Mm.” he groaned lightly moving a little. “Youngjae…it’s time to wake up.” I spoke softly. “Hm?” he slowly opened his eyes blinking a few times. “It’s morning already?” He asked rubbing his eye.

“No…but it’s time to go.” I told him. “Go where?” He asked like a little child. “We’re going over to where I live…it has to do with what’s going on.” I explained. He sat up allowing me to stand.

I stood up and gathered all of our stuff with the help up Junhong, who remained silent. “Your place? But isn’t that far?” he said. “Mm hm, Junhong, you, and I are going.” I answered. I walked over to him and handed him his hooded cloak, which he slipped on without any hesitation. “Wait. What about Himchan and Jongup?” Youngjae questioned once his cloak was on.

I looked at Zelo asking him a question mentally. “Since some of his memory is blocked off it may change his behavior…so he may act a little or a lot different.” Junhong explained quietly. I nodded in understanding. “We’ll come and catch up with you guys later.” Himchan assured Youngjae.

“Is that Daehyun guy coming with you guys?” Youngjae asked sounding disgusted. None of us answered.”Wait…what about my friends? Jiho and them?” Youngjae asked in realization.

“They know that you’re leaving. You’ll see them again. They feel it’ll be better if you go.” I answered truthfully. Youngjae was silent for a little bit before speaking up again. “What about my mother?” he asked. I froze, unsure of what to say or even how to answer.

“Bang~…What about my mother? Does she know? Will she be okay without me?” Youngjae sked again. I was speechless, no. I couldn’t speak. I couldn’t lie to him and then he find out the truth. But now wasn’t the right time.

“You’re mother is fine. She’s in a better place. Now we just need to take you to a better place. That’s what she wants.” Himchan took over forcing himself to sound assuring and confident. “Really? Where is she?” Youngjae asked excitedly. But before Himchan could even think of responding Jongup came in.

“The carriage is ready.” Jongup announced. I sighed in relief. Great timing Jongup…perfect timing. Himchan look relieved as well. “Jongup…did you hear that? My mother is in a better place! She’s going to be okay!” Youngjae repeated happily. Jongup’s expression darkened even more than before. “Isn’t that great?” Youngjae smiled. “Yeah…Youngjae…that’s great.” Jongup swallowed.

“Um…we should probably get going now.” I said before the younger could ask anymore questions. Youngjae jumped out of his seat and helped carry our stuff out. “It’s okay. We got it.” I told him. “Ani…I want to help.” He insited dragging one of the suitcases across the floor. I smiled sadly.

“Give it to me.” Jongup grumbled taking the suitcase away from the older, and exited the hangout. “What’s up with him?” Youngjae asked, but no one answered.

 

 

 

Later on Daehyun joined us outside, along with Dr.Sunhi. Youngjae was the first to enter the carriage. I watched Dehyun, waiting for him to try to stop us, but he didn’t do anything. Which made me a little suspicious. “I’m going to wait.” Daehyun said reading my mind. “I thought about it…and I am going to wait.” He said. I nodded. “I’ll tell Youngjae about his mother when we come by.” Daehyun told me. All I could do was nod. “Sounds good.” I finally said. Zelo walked up to us and said, “I’m sorry for what I said, about you being selfish…and a bastard.”

Daehyun smiled lightly. “You think you’re slick apologizing right before you leave.” Daehyun teased half-heartedly, ruffling the younger’s hair, lightening the mood a little. “You’re forgiven…but…yu did have a point.” Daehyun said. Junhong only smiled and joined Youngjae in the carriage.

“Here’s the envelope Youngjae’s mother gave him to open when he’s ready.” Dr.Sunhi said handing me a fancy envelope. I nodded, accepting the note. “Well…see you later…” Himchan said.

“Yeah, see you guys later.” I said.” “Take care of your babies.” Jongup said, but he was being serious. “Especially Youngjae…” he added quietly. “I will.” I promised and with that I enter the carriage shutting the door. We’re bad at goodbyes, I thought to myself.