Chapter 18: All For You

All Of Me

-Zelo’s POV-

I skipped around following the Bang Yongguk up to one of the guest rooms that we always sleep in. he wasn’t talking to me. After a while I started to think that he was actually really mad at me. I stopped skipping and slowly walked the rest of the way until we reached the bedroom.

It was silent, as we got dressed getting ready for bed. “What’s the matter? You’re not going to tease me anymore?” Bang chuckled as he got under the covers. “No.” I said sitting on the bed.

“What’s wrong?” he asked me concerned. “You’re mad at me.” I said quietly. “Mad at you? For what?” he questioned. “For teasing you and beating you in the rap battle.” I said. He laughed a little at my answer. I’m not mad at you.”

“Then why were you acting all grump and weren’t talking to me?” I pointed out. “Because I lost of course. It was humiliating and I was thinking, planning on how to get you back.” He explained. I giggled to myself. “It was kind of funny when you lost.” I remarked. Yongguk scooted closer to me, and he wrapped his arms around me. “I can never be mad at you Junhong.” He said making me blush. I pulled away from his hug and slipped under the covers, laying comfortably and he did the same.

“You were really cool today, being friendly to Youngjae and all.” I told him. “I’m always cool.” He remarked. “You sound like Jongup.” I said. He just smiled. “Well, Youngjae doesn’t seem all that bad. Watching him today and yesterday made me have a change in heart.” He admitted.

“Wait till you really get to know him.” I promised. He laughed. “His friends are really cool too. I guess you were right about them. I smiled and scooted closer to him. “Of course, I’m right hyung.” I said in his ear. He turned and looked at me and the tips of our noses touched. “Now you sound like Jongup.” He smiled. I blushed unconsciously.

“Zelo…I’m really glad that you’re back.” He spoke softly, caressing my hair. “I know…” I said. “Good.” He said. He just laid their staring. No, gazing into my eyes for a long time. I kind of enjoyed this attention from him, when suddenly a thought crossed my mind.

“Yongguk…” I said. “Hm?” Aare you…going to kiss me?” I asked. “Why? Do you want me to?” I blushed hard, my cheeks getting warmer. “N-N-No…It’s…It’s just that…last time you…you kissed me.” I whispered the last part. “Ooh~…” He chuckled at me, and took me in his arms. I snuggled into his warm chest.

“Is that better?” he asked. I closed my eyes and smiled. “Mm hm.” I responded. I felt his chest move steadily as he breathed, nearly lulling me to sleep. “Zelo…” He said. “hm?” I responded. It was a while before he spoke again, but I didn’t get to hear what he said for I had already fallen asleep.

-Youngjae’s POV-

Daehyun hung up his robe and sat down on a large chair in his room. “Why do you still have your royal stuff on?” I muttered. “I look nice in it, and I need to look nice for you.” He said. I just shook my head. He motioned for me to sit on his lap. I looked at him as if to say ‘seriously?’ he nodded, he was serious. I sighed and dragged myself over to where he was, I was still in pain, but I did my best not to show it and sat on his lap. He wrapped his arms around my waist holding me tightly. Honestly, it hurt when he did that but I still didn’t say anything.

“I can’t believe I went all day without you.” He said disappointed. I tried hard to focus, but he was hurting me. “Mm hm.” I responded. “But don’t worry, I’ll make it up tomorrow.” He cooed rocking me side to side. I bit my tongue. Don’t groan, don’t groan. “Youngjae?” He asked.

“Hm?” “Are you okay?” He asked me. “Why wouldn’t I be?” I smiled. He thought for a bit and nodded. “You’ll tell me if you’re hurt right?” He said caressing my hair.

That stung, it was as if he knew what happened or something. “What? Why would you say something like that?” I tried to play off. “I just want to know. Is it wrong to know if you’re alright?” he pouted resting his chin on top of my shoulder. “No…” I sighed. “Hmmm…will you tell me?” I turned the questioned around to him. “No.” He answered simply.

“Are you serious?” I asked. “Mm hm.” He nodded. “Wae?” “Because, I don’t want you to have to worry about me.” He said. “What about me? I don’t want you to have to worry about me either.” I argued. He pulled me closer to him. “Because…you’re my baby.” He winked.

Just then the double doors swung open and a servant came in with a cart full of silver plates with silver covers over them. I tried to jump off of Dae’s lap, but he pulled me back down. I groaned in pain unconsciously. I really hope that he didn’t notice. “Come…” Daehyun said. I narrowed my eyes at him, if I wasn’t in so much pain then I would hit him.

The girl obeyed him and awkwardly walked over to us, pushing the cart along. I blushed hard in embarrassment, it was hara, the girl who I met earlier when I was supposed to bring Daehyun breakfast that one day.

Her cheeks turned a tint of pink as she looked down. “Your dinner, your highness.” She bowed. “Thank you, you may go now.” Prince Daehyun said. The girl nodded standing properly and walked out of the room.

“Daehyun, that was…awkward.” I complained when she left. Daehyun looked at me, he didn’t look happy at all. “What’s with the face huh?” I tried to play off, but I knew that he knew something was off, he herd me.

“Huh come on Daehyun. You look better when you smile.” I said attempting to do a little bit of aegyo but his expression didn’t change what bit. I took the corners of his mouth and turned them upright into a smile. “See? Like this.” I said laaguhing a little.

He removed my hands away from his face. “Youngjae…what happened?” he questioned in a stern tone. “I met you.” I smiled now attempting to flatter him, which wasn’t working either. It would’ve worked on Jongup though. “Youngjae.” He said. “What? It’s true.” I said. He pushed me off his lap causing me to fall on to the ground. It hurt like crazy when I landed.

I moaned loudly in pain rolling on the ground. “What the heck was that for?!” I spat my eyes burning. Daehyun stood out of his chair and helped me up. “You’re hurt Youngjae. What happened today?” he asked me as he helped me to my feet. “Nothing!” I spat my eyes tearing up. I don’t want to cry, not again. “Youngjae…” he sighed looking me deep in the eyes.

”It’s that guy, the man who claims to be my father.” I said. “Youngjae, he is your father.” Daehyun told me. “No he’s not!” I snapped. “What happened?” He asked again. “Nothing…we just bumped into him and had an unpleasant encounter….and he pushed me down. Yongguk restrained him.” I muttered the last part. “He tried to hurt you?” Daehyun asked. I didn’t respond and looked away from him. “Youngjae…” he said. I still did not say anything. “Youngjae were you not planning on telling me this?” He finally asked.

“No…” I said quietly. “Youngjae…why would you…how could you…” He didn’t know what to say. “Daehyun. I don’t want you to get involved. I don’t want anyone to! It’s not their problem…it’s mine.” I spat. “Youngjae stop it. Stop thinking that, obviously you can’t defend yourself by yourself. You’re completely vulnerable. Yeah maybe you can handle it and endure it, but you know very well that your body can not take the abuse and you are only getting weaker.” He just went straight for it saying everything that was true.

“Youngjae, if not anyone else, let me help you, let me protect you, your mother and your friends.” He said sincerely. “You need help and you don’t want to put your friends through anything. Then put me through it.” He said. I looked at him. “You’re crazy. You don’t know what you’re saying. You don’t know what it’s like. Just stay where you are now.” I said, it might’ve sounded cold but I meant it.

“You don’t know that and yes I’m crazy.” He smiled lightly taking my hand. “Daehyun, this isn’t a game.” I said the wells of my eyes filling up with tears, threatening to break.

“And I’m not playing. Youngjae I’m willing to do anything for you. I want to do anything and everything for you, and I want to and will make everything, that I’ve caused, up to you. Youngjae my feelings for you are so strong. That you may never know or realize. I will do anything for you. Only for Yoo Youngjae. I’ll give up everything, I’ll even give up my title as the crowned prince just for you. Because Youngjae I love you so much.” He said in all sincerity.

I couldn’t respond right away. How the heck am I supposed to respond to that?! Say ‘I’ll do the same thing’? I don’t even have anything to give or give up. But…I was really touched. Though it was a really strange new feeling that I’ve never truly felt before. I could even hear my heart pound loudly at a steady beat. It sounded strong for once.

A tear streamed down my cheek, how can I accept this? He really means it. He’d give up his title as the only prince of the Jung Kingdom, the heir to the throne. He’d give up his power, all of his riches, this luxury that he’s known for all his life…for me.

I pulled my hand away, taking a step back as a few more tears came silently running down my face. Daehyun, why is it that you always end up making me cry? Whether it’s a good or bad thing. “Youngjae?”

“I…I can’t.” my voice cracked. Daehyun just looked at me not sure of what to think. I looked at him. “Daehyun, I can’t. You can’. I have nothing. I have nothing that I can do for you. I have nothing that I can give to you. I can’t even say the one thing that you said you can do. Because I have absolutely nothing. I can’t return the favor. So I can’t ask you to do anything. Especially let you give up your crown. I don’t want to put you through that.” I said tears came down a little faster down my face.

“I don’t expect anything from you. I don’ want anything from you, but you and your love and your acceptance. There’s nothing more that I want. All of this material and fancy things, the money the power. I don’t need any of it. This doesn’t matter to me. The only thing that matters is you. Even…even as a kid I couldn’t stay away from you.” He confessed.

I laughed at little at the last part. “That’s true. You were kind of stupid just going into the village like that.” I said. Daehyun smiled and walked up to me. “Youngjae…don’t worry about me.” He wrapped his arms around my waist. “…I just want you here with me…always.” He said. Tears continued to run down my cheeks.

I looked him deep in his eyes. “…It’s not going to be an easy road…” I told him. “I know.” He said. “…Just don’t give up your title. I don’t want you to have to do that.” I said. “…whatever you say my love.” He grinned. I blushed lightly. He rest forehead against my own. “Anything else my dear?” he asked. “Yeah…stop with the cheesy names.” I said feeling my cheeks burn. He wiped a tear away with his thumb and leaned in and kissed me on lips. For the first time, I felt like everything was perfect, that I had no worries, or pain, anywhere. I was in another world.

I broke our kiss and smiled softly. “I love you Daehyun, and I will always be here with you.” I promised determined. “You didn’t need to say that.” He said. “Why not?” “Because I wouldn’t let you go either way.” He smiled. “Tch…You’re so selfish.” I scoffed.

He only smiled, “I don’t think I’m hungry anymore. Not as long as I’m with you…I won’t need anything else, ever again.” He smirked.

-3rd Person POV-

As days went by, everyone enjoyed themselves getting used to their new way of life. Every day the group would go visit the village and hang out with their friends. And every other day Youngjae (along with Daehyun) would visit his sickly mother. Sometimes at night. Youngjae, Jongup, and Zelo would sneak off and go back to village and met at the hill with Jiho and them. It was a very joyful experience, Especially for Youngjae.

Things became more bearable for the young 17 year old boy, with his new and large family. This was the most joyous part of his entire life so far, he didn’t want it to change at all and just leave things the way they were. However, he did face several problems taking on the role as Daehyun’s ‘Personal Servant.’ No one in the royal palace was very fond of this idea, not even the servants.

 

 

-

 

 

Youngjae rushed through the hall, all the way to the back of the palace where the servant headquarters were. All of the servants were called in to have a meeting that afternoon to discuss a big event, and Youngjae was late because Daehyun kept him too long.

Youngjae bust through the door swinging too hard open, it was much lighter than he had expected for all of the door sin the palace were fairly heavy. “Yoo Youngjae…You’re late.” One of the head servants announced. “I’m sorry Headmaster, his highness kept me longer than I had expected.” Youngjae bowed out of courtesy. “You shall not blame a royal for your tardiness. I shall have this reported to him.” The head servant scolded.

Youngjae rolled his eyes in annoyance, but the head servant didn’t see. I liked working at the fields more than this. He thought to himself. “Hurry up and sit down.” He ordered. Youngjae obeyed and took a seat in the back corner. Youngjae didn’t like the servants and headmasters at the royal palace (besides Hara and Martha), they were two-faced, and when the royals aren’t around they acted all high and mighty like they’re all that because they have special access to the palace that many others didn’t.

Some servants had family members that lived in the village area but act as if they have no relation with them. Youngjae had never really paid much attention to the servants that work in the royal palace before, but now they sicken him. Many of the servants also treat Youngjae unfairly because he’s the only and first personal servant to the prince, which was a position that many of them worked very to try to get just to lose to some peasant kid who walked in.

They were also jealous of the Prince’s favor that he also received from the prince. Even the girls who were friendly to Youngjae at first, Jessica and Amber started to back off and treat him unfairly. However, this didn’t phase Youngjae that much.

Although it was a different experience for the 17 year old, it was easy for him to get by, this was nothing compared to what he’d been through. Mentality was his best game anyway, plus he didn’t really care because he had Daehyun and his friends. Martha, however is the only one who treats him fairly, she doesn’t care about anything else but getting work done and everything being exactly how she wants it. Youngjae was actually pretty fond of her. And Hara was very friendly to him, and helped him out whenever the servants tried to sabotage him.

“As we know, the formal Royal Annual Ball is at the end of this week, and everything has been prepared in advance. The guest, the menus, the decorations, and so on. We still have much to do putting everything together now. So I want all of you to do your best all this week. Especially the day of the ball. Guest from other Kingdoms should be arriving here soon, so her majesty has asked us for everything to be perfect, and that is exactly what we are going to do.” The Headmaster said. “That’s impossible, nothing’s perfect.” Youngjae murmured. Hara chuckled hearing him. “Shh Youngjae, you’re going to get yourself in trouble.” She playfully scolded.

“I want everyone on their best, top-notch behavior. That is an order. Starting today you’ll wear you special uniforms to look presentable.” The Headmaster went on. He flipped through some papers. “Okay, that concludes our meeting. You all know the drill, follow and listen to the head servants in your section and everything will be fine. You are all dismissed. Each group will change into their uniforms one group at a time.” He reminded concluding the meeting.

Everyone left the servant headquarters with Youngjae lagging behind. He was not very excited on seeing his ‘special’ uniform in which Daehyun had designed himself. The peasant boy could only imagine the silly mess that the Prince came up with.

“The Royal Ball is coming up and Kingdoms rom everywhere are attending it.” The Queen nagged her husband. “I know honey. We go through this every year.” The King said. “And do you know what year this is?” She quizzed. “The year Daehyun is 18. Meaning that he must choose a princess to . And he will.” The King assured his wife.

“I’m listening.” Her majesty said. “You know the Princess from the Kwon Kingdom? The eldest one?” The king said. “Yes. Princess May?” The Queen asked. His majesty nodded. “She’s here to meet with Prince Daehyun. Daehyun doesn’t know that she’s here so he’ll be more than likely to talk with her, not knowing we planned it.” The King explained.

The Queen smiled in delight. “The Princesses of the Kwon Kingdom are known for their extraordinary beauty and etiquette. Daehyun has had an eye for Princess May since he was 10 years old when they first met, and have kept in touch since.” She said. The King nodded. “Daehyun did tell me last year that he would pick Princess May by the next annual Royal Ball once he’s 18.” The King mentioned.

“But that peasant Yoo Youngjae is in the way.” The Queen reminded. “Don’t worry about that little runt. With everyone against him, he’ll be forced to leave here sooner or later. We have to do something, but this time we can’t make it seem like we were involved. This time we must stay low.” The King said determined. Though it’s been a while since they’ve interfered, they had been planning to get rid of Yoo Youngjae.