Chapter 1: Without You

All Of Me

~10 years later~

I woke up early that morning to do my chores (which wasn’t much considering that we had nothing), and headed out to the fields to start on work. Working in the fields was always nice during the summer because the sun always seemed to shine brightly here. Back at the village it was always dark and gloomy. The place was dead. Ever since the Great Raid 10 years ago nothing was the same. The villagers used to always have each other’s backs, but now we were stabbing them instead. The village became a much more horrible place than it was before.

My mother had gotten so sick over the years that she couldn’t work anymore, so I had to work extra hours at the fields, which I didn’t mind at all. But it was a struggle because I was so weak. My body couldn’t hand the physical work. So every now and then Minhyuk and Ukwon came and help me. The two of them had gotten extremely close ever since Minhyuk’s parents let Ukwon live with them since both of Ukwon’s parents died right in front of his eyes. I was glad that Ukwon was happy but the two of them did get kind of irritating at times. They especially got on Kyung’s nerves…it was kind of funny.

“Ugh..why don’t you guys go somewhere else?” Kyung whined to Ukwon and Minhyuk. We had always met here at our secret hangout after we finished our work. “Why don’t you guys get married? Geez…” Jaehyo remarked sarcastically. Kyung go up and wrapped his arm around mine and his other arm around Jihoon’s neck, and covered our ears. “Aish! Jaehyo-ah. Don’t say such things like that around the babies. We can’t let them think it’s okay for two men to be together.” Kyung said in his motherly voice. Jaehyo rolled his eyes. “And by the way it would look better if it was Minhyuk and Jaehyo…I could see you two like that.” Kyung added.

Jiho and Jihoon burst out laughing as Jaehyo and Minhyuk turned bright red in embarrassment. Kyung let go of us and sat back down in his original spot. “Yah! Stop turning red. You guys are going to look like tomatoes. Stop before someone mistakens you for one and eats you up.” Kyung ordered, teasing Minhyuk and Jaehyo.

“Yah! And you two stop laughing you guys sound like Hyenas.” Kyung said to Jiho and Jihoon. Ukwon took a rock and threw it at Kyung’s head. We all erupted into laughter, except for Kyung. He quickly stood back up and marched up to the laughing Ukwon. “Yah! Do you wanna die?” Kyung spat. But Ukwon only continued to laugh. “You hit my beautiful face with that ugly rock! This face is priceless!” Kyung went on pointing at his own face.

Then Kyung pushed Ukwon, but Ukwon continued to laughe. He pushed him again but harder this time, and Ukwon stopped laughing and shoved Kyung. At that poin Jiho, Taeil, and I stopped laughing while Minhyuk and Jihoon continued to laugh. Jiho stepped in between the two, pushing both of them away from each other. “Yah! Stop. What are you guys doing? Really Kyung? You’re going to fight because he threw a rock, playfully at you? And damage your so called beautiful face even more?” Jiho scolded. Kyung stopped and hung his head down. “No.” he sighed. “Good, because Ukwon would have beat you anyway. Now apologize.” Jiho said ruffling his hair. “Sorry Ukwon, I was being childish.” Kyung said shamefully and the two shook hands. “It’s all good.” Ukwon smiled.

Jiho was surprisingly good at stuff like this. I admired him for that. I know it wasn’t something he wanted to be like, but he knew that at times like these, he needed to take charge.

When it got late everyone began to leave. Jiho and I were the only ones who stayed behind a little longer. “How are you doing? With your dad and all.” I asked concerned for him. Jiho just sighed but forced a smile. “You ask me that every day.” He responded. “I know. But ever since…ever sinc that…” but I didn’t dare to finish my sentence. “Yah! I’m the one who should be worried about you. So don’t worry about me I’ll be fine. You’re the one who can no longer hide from these raids.” Jiho reminded. “You can’t either.” I mentioned. “Haha…then I guess we both have it bad huh?” Jiho laughed. I just smiled and nodded.

When I got home I fed my weak, sick mother. “Ah…” She sighed. “…I have such a good son.” She smiled weakly. I could only give her a sad smile in return. “You’ve gotten so big.” She laughed sliding her hand gently against my cheek. “You see me every day.” I pointed out. “Yeah. But I never got the chance to say it, because you’re out working all the time. And when you come home I’m usually sleeping or out for a walk.” She said. “I guess you’re right.” I said. “You work so hard and so much…why don’t you take a day off.” My mother suggested for the thousandth time.

I stood up and sighed. “You know I can’t…we need the money.” I reminded. “Youngjae. You’ve provided us with more than enough.” She said slowly getting up as well. “It’s not enough. I’m saving the extra money to get us out of here. Every time there’s a raid at least 5 coins get stolen.” I explained. She back hugged me gently resting her head on my back. “Youngjae please…I don’t want you to end up like your father. He used to over work himself and that’s part of what made him who he is today.” She said with a hint of fear in her voice. I never met my dad before all I knew of him was what my mom told me and all she told me was that he was a good man but a good man that went bad, and that was it. She never liked talking about it, so I never forced her.

“Alright fine. I’ll take a day off tomorrow.” I sighed. She smiled happily and went on her tip toes to kiss me on the cheek since I’ve grown taller than her and with that her and with that she laid down instantly falling fast asleep. I bent down and picked up Niko. “Why do you keep looking at me like that?” I asked.

It became a habit of me talking to the teddy bear when no one was listening. It became normal for me, sometimes it felt like the stuffed bear was answering back. I would even tease it and laugh around with it. It was comforting.

~Daehyun’s POV~

“Aahh! You beat me…again” Yongguk said exhausted as the 5 of us put the horses back in the stable. Yongguk had challenged me many times to a horse race and I won every time. “I told you. My horse is the fastest horse you’ve ever seen.” I teased. The five of us have been friends for quite some time now. I met Yongguk over 8 years ago. He’s the prince from the Bang Kingdom. I admired him a lot. I found him as a hero, a best friend, and sworn brothers. He was the one who saved me from my sorrows and broke the shell that I hid in for a year as a kid, and I never was able to thank him enough. Then a year later I met Himchan.

Himchan is the prince from the Kim Kingdom. I trust him a lot. He was a caring fun person who was straight forward with pretty much everything. That same year he introduced us to Jongup the ambassador’s son in the Kim Kingdom. Jongup is also a really cool person. He’s hilarious, he always lightened the mood no matter the situation but at times he could get whiny. Just a year ago Yongguk introduced us to Junhong or Zelo. I didn’t trust him at all and I don’t trust him at all that much now, I only hang out with him for Yongguk’s sake. Junhong lives pretty much two lives.

His parents separated when he was 5 years old. His father is an extremely wealthy man in the Bang district/kingdom. And his mother lives as a filthy peasant in the same kingdom. Junhong is his real name but his mother calls him Zelo, so he prefers to be called Zelo since he’s close to his mother. But we call him Junhong whenever we are in front of older royals or other authorities. He lives back and forth between each parent every other month.

I didn’t trust him because of his background. I’ve learned to never trust people like him again. I’ve learned my lesson. But Im nice to him only because Yongguk asked me to. Yongguk found him 2 years ago wandering the streets in the rain crying. He had run away from both of his parents at the time, so Yongguk took him under his wing for a week when the younger was ready to return home.

There was a separate building by the castle. I had it built for us years ago so that we could hang out together privately. After we put the horses in their stables we headed there.

“So…Daehyun, so when do we get to see you do your thing?” Jongup smirked as we all got comfortable in our seats. “I don’t think you want to see it.” I answered. “Awe. Come on. I hear everyone talk about it. They say it’s the best way to handle…the lower class people.” Jongup whined. “What thing?” Junhong asked confused. Himchan hit Jongup’s arm. “Why did you bring that up?” he scolded. “Why not?” Jongup asked directing his smirk at Yongguk who glared back at him. Himchan shook his head. “Aish…Jongup you’re always trying to get yourself into trouble.” Himchan sighed.

“What thing?” Junhong asked again not liking how he was out of the loop. Yongguk put his hand on the maknae’s should and shook his head at him. “It’s something that you’ll regret hearing about…or even seeing…” He spoke softly. “For you that is.” Jongup added smiling. Himchan jumped on Jongup and covered his mouth with his hands. “I guess I’ll do it tomorrow. It’s been about a month since the last one.” I said indifferently. Himchan let go of Jongup and sat back down in his seat. “You sound so evil every time you talk about it.” Himchan said. “It worries me.” He gave his concerns. “I think it’s cool. You don’t see him like this every day. It’s quite entertaining.” Jongup laughed adding his own two sense, earning him a hit on the back of the head by Yongguk.

“You know why he’s like that.” Yongguk said. I hung my head down, my hair covering my face. I didn’t like being like this, but I couldn’t help it. I couldn’t. It was the only way I felt secure, that I can protect myself. I was scared that he’d try to come back. Everyone went silent. Except for Zelo who was always confused. “What happened?” he asked innocent. He knows nothing.

Yongguk only smiled at him. “I should take you home now. I promised your dad that I wouldn’t keep you out too late.” He said avoiding the question. The younger didn’t dare to ask again and just nodded and left with Yongguk. “I’ll be back!” Yongguk called shutting the door behind them.

“You’re Jealous.” Jongup teased as soon as the door closed. “What? Why would I be jealous? And of who?” I questioned defensively. “Oh! Well I’m so glad you asked.” Jongup smiled deviously leaning back in his chair. “You’re jealous of Zelo…” He began. “Junhong?! What the heck? No way!” I forced a laugh. Himchan looked at me a bit worried. “Hmmm…Yes you are. You’re jealous of Zelo because he has Yongguk wrapped around his thin finger.” He went on.

“Because ever since Yongguk brought the poor boy under his care he’s been…what’s the word? Possessive of him. Zelo has Yongguk’s full attention. And you’re jealous because Yongguk was like that towards you until Zelo entered the picture. But this seems more different with Zelo than with you.” Jongup called everything out. I didn’t know what to say. I wanted to argue back, but what was there to argue? He was right, about everything. But I didn’t think that I was jealous of Junhong. Why would I be jealous of him? Of all people.

“Jongup did you really have to say that?” Himchan shook his head. “Don’t try to deny it…or else it’ll get worse. It’s okay that you feel that way, you aren’t the only one. I would even get jealous if Himchan started scolding someone else other than me.” Jongup shrugged honestly. Himchan blushed a bit at Jongup’s words. Jongup was an honest person. If you weren’t honest with yourself then he did it for you. That was his way of helping us out, or anyone close to him.

I remained silent. It’s not that I’m jealous of him, I just don’t trust him, I thought to myself. “So where are we staying?” Jongup asked switching topics, interrupting my thoughts. “You guys can sleep in the guest room or my?” I answered snapping out of it. Jongup only smiled, “Where are we staying?” He asked again. I looked at him my eyes meeting his crooked smile. “...But…I can also get arrangements for a very special room for just you and Himchan.” I teased. Himchan turned completely red and hit Jongup’s arm. “Why do you have to say things like that?!” He nearly snapped. “Ow!” Jongup held his arm. “I didn’t even say anything. That was Daehyun!” Jongup defended rubbing his arm. “You should be happy though. I got us a special room…don’t you like things exclusive like that?” Jongup muttered under his breath.

Himchan was flabbergasted. “Ah-Ah-Aish! You guys are ridiculous!” He hit both of us on our heads. “Ooow!” the two of us whined in unison. Jongup opened his mouth to say something but Himchan threatened him with his fist. Jongup stopped himself and scoffed instead. “You’re hits don’t hurt that much anyway.” He remarked under his breath. Himchan stood up from his seat. “Let’s just go to bed. I’m tired.” He said rubbing his temple. “You can go to bed.” Jongup said. The elder glared at him. “Fine. Fine. We’ll all go to bed then.” Jongup raised his hands as if to surrender.

We all got up and headed towards the door. “Hey. Daehyun, whenever Himchan becomes King can I move into your Kingdom? I can already tell that he’s going to be a crazy dictator.” Jongup asked me. But before I could say anything Himchan kicked the younger in the shin. “Ah! Ow!!” I tried not to laugh, knowing that I’d be next. And so I just followed the limping Jongup out the door.

“So wat time will this invasion thing begin?” Himchan asked. “Um…noon I guess. Usually I send a warning beforehand…but I guess this one will be more like a surprise.”

-Youngjae’s POV-

I woke up to the sound of my mother’s sweet voice, shaking me awake. I sat up sleepily and looked at her. She was smiling. “You slept well didn’t you?” She asked proudly. I just nodded. “I knew it! You looked so peaceful. Something I hadn’t seen in a while. And also you slept all morning.” She said. My eyes widened a bit. “What’s the time now?” I asked curiously. “It’s about half an hour before noon. You would have slept later if I hadn’t woken you up.” She said still sounding quite proud of herself. I could only laugh a little about how silly she was acting. “I woke you up because I saw a poor man struggling to remove his stuff off his cart.” She informed.

“That’s nice to know.” I remarked laying back down. “Will you go help him?” she asked pouting. I covered my eyes with my hands. “Umma. Don’t do that please. You’re not a little kid.” I said playfully. “Why not?” She asked sounding somewhat offended. “Because…you look weird.” I laughed. But there was silence from her. I moved my hands from my eyes and she instantly threw a blanket at me and stood up. “Aigoo, why am I having this kind of conversation with you?” She mumbled.

“Because-,” “I don’t want to hear it. Just go help that poor man before he hurts himself.” She ordered. “What makes you think I’ll be any help? I’m completely and utterly weak for no reason.” I reminded her. “It helps to have even just a little support, remember that. And I can’t stand seeing him struggle like that. He looks like he’s going to pass out, and I can’t do anything because I’m too sick, I can barely even fast walk.” She rambled on. “But I-,” “No. Go. But don’t be out too long, I just don’t have a good feeling today.” She said cutting me off again. I sighed but obeyed her and left to help the old man.

By the time I saw him he only had a few items left, so I helped him with the rest and we were done in no time. After we finished I made sure to hurry home like my mom said, usually whenever she had a bad feeling, it never turned out good.

But before I could make it home I was stopped by a little girl. “Hi Youngjae.” The 12 year old girl greeted with a smile. “Oh Hi Yuri. What are you doing here? Did you lose your family again?” I teased. “Heey! I did not lose them I just came to say hi.” She said crossing her arms. “How sweet…” I smiled teasingly, patting her head, she hated that. I met Yuri a couple years ago. She had lost her family. So my mother and I provided her with shelter for a few months until her family found her and took her back, it turned out that she lived in a totally different Kingdom, but she did visit every now and then.

“How are you?” I asked. “Good. Things are pretty boring over at home. I missed it when I stayed here and experienced all of those raids. We don’t have that where I live.” She pouted as if she were disappointed. Did I mention that she was also a little crazy? “You should be happy.” I remarked.

“I asked my parents all the time if we could move here but they always say no immidediatly.” She said. I only shook my head. “And for some strange reason my mom cries almost every day.” She frowned in thought. “She’s probably crying not knowing how she gave birth to such a physco girl.” I teased. She just playfully punched me. “Well…I can’t stay long. I have to go before my parents find out I am her. I’ll see you later.” And with that she ran off and vanished.

“She’s going to get herself into trouble if she keeps coming here.” I laughed to myself. “You got that right.” The old man chuckled. Just then there was a deathly cream that pierced all of our ears.

I froze. That scream. I hadn’t heard a scream like that in forever. I shook my head. No this couldn’t be what I thought it was. No. No. I couldn’t think straight. What to do? What do I do?...Mom! I quickly ran back to my house where my mother was.

-Jiho’s POV-

Today was a really refreshing day working in the fields. “Too bad Youngjae is missing this.” Kyung said. “Hm…I wonder where he is.” Minhyuk said in thought. “Oh well…I guess I can and brag on how he missed out on the most refreshing day on the fields.” Kyung said with much joy.

“Ugh. Is that all you think about? Being obnoxious? What do you do during your free time? Plan on how to be even more obnoxious the next day?” Ukwon said annoyed. Jaehyo and Minhyuk snickered at the flabbergasted Kyung. But before he could open his mouth there was a terrifying scream. The 7 of us froze.

Youngjae…was the first thing I could think of. “A-A surprise attack?” Jihoon stuttered. “That’s…that’s impossible…That hasn’t happened in a long time. In…10 y-years.” Taeil said not wanting to believe it, none of us did. “Jiho.” Jaehyo said looking at me. I turned to see that they were all looking at me. “Ukwon, Minhyuk, and Tail hide. The rest of you come with me.” I ordered. Everyone nodded and took off.

-Youngjae’s POV-

She looked frightened. “We have to go.” I said. She nodded and grabbed her hooded cloak. I took Niko and hid him (it became a habit). “Youngjae…” my mother said. My eyes were watering. No…not this again. Please. “Go.” I said weakly. She hesitated but nodded and went out the secret exit. I ran out of our home. I had to find Jiho and the others.

As I passed everyone I felt as if I was walking right through my past. Everything seemed to be moving so fast, but in slow motion all at once. I felt sick to my stomach.

“Youngjae!!” I instantly snapped out of it when I heard Yuri’s voice. I turned towards its direction and saw her crying. One of the guards had caught her. Without thinking twice I grabbed a nearby brick and threw it at the guard before he could do anything. I quickly ran to her and took her hand and ran away as fast as I can.

“Y-Youngjae…wh-what is this? This is nothing like the raids I-I’ve been in.” Yuri sniffed. “This is…the Great Raid.” I said sadly. “Liar!” She cried. “This is…this is Hell’s raid!” She said terror in her voice.

“What do we do?” She asked. “There’s no way to escape this. We have to find Jiho and then-,” I was cut off. I had bumped into some guy in a dark blue hooded coat walking aimlessly. He was really tall too. “I’m-I’m s-sorry.” He apologized.

I don’t know why I said this next thing but it just slipped. I don’t know what it was. Pity? I guess. Maybe. “Follow me.” Was what I said. The boy looked astonished but obeyed without a single word.

-Zelo’s POV-

The village was chaos. No wonder Yongguk told me not to come. Everything was so frightening. Was this Daehyun’s thing that Jongup kept mentioning? This was terrible! Children’s mothers were dying right in front of their eyes! Everyone no matter what age was beaten to death. And homes were set on fire and food and supplies were turned to dust. Money was even stolen by the guards. I was in a state of complete shock. How could Daehyun do this? He’s not like this. How could the others be okay with it?! Were they scared of him? I know I am scared of him but I could never imagine the others being scared of him. They weren’t of course, it was only me. But this made me only terrified of him now.

I couldn’t think straight. I wanted to help these people but I couldn’t. I was just like them. A peasant, even though my father is a very wealthy man, I was never part of that world. I was born a peasant and that was how the world saw me. I was so deep in thought that I hadn’t realized that I was in people’s way until somebody bumped right into me.

He looked about my age maybe a little older and there was a little girl with him. She was crying. “I’m-I’m s-sorry.” I sincerely apologized. “Follow me.” He said I was a little shocked. But obeyed, I didn’t want to see Daehyun’s thing anymore.

-Youngjae’s POV-

I spotted Jiho, Jihoon, Jaehyo and Kyung and ran up to them. Jiho looked relieved to see me. But I was even gladder to see that they were all unharmed. I was quick to talk, “This is Yuri. She’s not from here. So I need you to protect her and take her to the woods. She’ll find her way home from there.” I pushed the girl to Jiho. “Youngjae…” Yuri cried. “I can’t protect you. But they can.” I promised her. “He…” I began and looked at the other guy. “Zelo.” He quickly said. “Zelo…I’m guessing isn’t from here too so take him to the woods as well.” I instructed.

I looked at Zelo. “Find your way home from there.” I told him. He looked at me as if my words were saving him from having a heart attack. “You’ll be fin-,” “Youngjae!!” Yuri screamed.

Somebody suddenly wrapped there arm around my neck choking me. “You think you can hit me with a brick huh? You punk!” The guard spat in my ear. “I know who you are! Yoo Youngjae…I know you’re a weak, greedy, poor peasant.” The angry guard went on. “G-Go.” I struggled to say. I saw a tear stream down Kyung’s face as they turned to run. That was the last thing I wanted to see at a time like this…Kyung crying.

“I’m pretty sure the prince will love to see you. It’s been a while since you’ve seen each other huh? 10 years? Prince only comes to watch the great raids.” He laughed and dragged me all the way to the middle of everything.

I fought as hard as I could but nothing…absolutely nothing worked. I began to tear up. No. I didn’t want to see him again. No more painful memories. “Please.” I begged breathlessly.

The guard threw me to the ground and beat me with a brick, the one I had thrown at him.

-Daehyun’s POV-

“Whoa!” Jongup said his eyes wide, taking in the scene. Himchan was aching in pain as he saw this go on. The Kim Kingdom also did similar raids but Himchan always refused to watch. He didn’t like the whole labeling and prejudice things within Kingdoms. I used to be like him once, but things aren’t always what they seem. I just hoped that nothing ever happens to him. Yongguk just watched emotionless. It was hard to tell how he felt about it. He never talked about it before or after a raid. He always remained silent and kept a poker face on the topic, which did bother me in a way. I felt like he understood me, but because of Zelo he had pity.

We made our way through the chaotic village to the center of it all. We watched in silence, because there was nothing to say at a time like this but simply watch. Just then a boy was thrown down to the ground in front of us and a guard started beating him with a brick right in front of us. But for some reason the sound of his screams brought memories to me.

I quickly shook my head. No that couldn’t be him. And if it was then he should be the one suffering more, not me. Then why were his cries affecting me?!

When the guard finished. He propped the boy up on his knees and held his right arm, another guard came and held his left arm. No way. This couldn’t be. Without realizing it I slowly shook my head in fear. Yongguk looked at me with concerned eyes. “Your highness we brought you someone…the person who was the cause of the first one.” The guard on the right announced. He yanked the boy’s hair back forcing his up.

I was speechless. It was him! I felt something burn inside my chest. No way. “Is that…Youngjae?” Jongup whispered in my ear. I slowly nodded. Jongup looked at him in awe.

-Youngjae’s POV-

I groaned in pain as my head was yanked back. There were 4 men sitting on their horses. I didn’t recognize any of them, but I did know that they were royals, no one else would sit here and watch this. One of them was looking at me in awe as if he’d never seen a peasant up close. Tch…stupid royals. “Bow to your Prince.” The guard that beat me ordered.

I did nothing but stare back at the 4 guys, breathing heavily. The guard yanked my hair again. “Bow!” he demanded. “I don’t know who to bow to.” I said sluggishly blood dripping down from inside my mouth. “This boy is brave.” The guy who had stared at me in awe scoffed amusingly. “All of them.” The guard ordered again.

I didn’t budge. “Can you not ever bow to your own prince?” The guard on my left said. He grabbed my hair turning my head to look at the prince, the guy in the center-left…Daehyun. I nearly didn’t recognize him. But when I looked him in the eyes I instantly knew that it was him. He looked at me the same way he did before. I was so disgusted by him, showing off to his friends, making the rest of us suffer. Was this a game to him? “Oh! You’re asking for it boy.” The left guard hissed. The guy who had looked at me in awe before hopped off his horse and bent down on one knee in front of me. “Hey. I don’t believe that it was really you who messed with Prince Daehyun a decade ago, because you seem too weak to do such a thing and still be living today.” He whispered in my ear.

“…so just cooperate with the guards please. I hate seeing people like you get this beat this way, when you’re so helpless.” With that he went back on his horse. The guard on my right kneed me in my back. “Do you want to die?” He spat. I moaned at the sharp pain coughing out more blood.

“Yes.” I answered. “It’s not like it will affect him if I bowed or not, or if I died or lived. So you can kill me. Right here, in front of him and he won’t care.” I responded keeping my eye on Daehyun, who kept his same expression.

The man on my left cracked my arm, completely snapping the bone. I screamed in pain crying. I hated Daehyun so much, but I felt so much pain at the way he looked at me. I don’t know why I still expected him to save me when I knew he wouldn’t. I began to cry. Not because of my arm. I hadn’t seen him in 10 years on purpose. I hated him. Just thinking about it made me cry. Why am I crying in front of him? I look like a fool. “Crying isn’t going to get you out of this. Now honor you’re prince, what he disserves. So give it to him!” The right guard scorned.

What he deserves? “H-He deserves nothing from me.” I mumbled. “What?” the guard said. “I HATE YOU!” I screamed at him. Daehyun’s expression didn’t change. I hated them all. The left guard pulled out his sword but before he could do anything the royal who kept butting in raised his hand to stop the guard. “Stop. Don’t kill him by the sword,” Was all he said. The guard obeyed and put his sword away. Then the two guards lifted me up and flipped me upside down. “I will cut your tongue if you survive this.” The guard on my left told me. They were going to drop me.

The guard on my right was suddenly knocked to the ground and I began to fall but then somebody caught me. It was the guy in the dark blue cloak…Zelo. Zelo kicked the remaining guard hard in the stomach forcing him to fall back onto the ground. Zelo lifted me up on his back and took off running without wasting a split second.

I did my best to hang onto him with my right arm. “Where do I go?” he asked. “T-Turn right…and go straight…my home it the very end.” I coughed. He listened to my directions without any question. As we got closer to home I saw Jiho’s mother lying lifelessly on the ground. My heart dropped. “Z-Z-Z-Zelo s-stop.” I choked not believing my eyes. He obeyed. “What is it?”

I didn’t answer him and jumped off his back. I tried to run towards Jiho’s mother but I found myself only being able to take a few steps before I fell to my knees. “Mrs. Woo!” I cried. She didn’t respond. “Mrs. Woo! Mrs. Woo! Please.” I begged reaching out for her though she was far away. I had no strength at all…I couldn’t even stand. No. Mrs. Woo please…please get up. I’m begging you. For Jiho. “PLEASE!” I cried.

-Zelo’s POV-

I watched the sad scene. I wanted to cry with him, I wanted to help. But I couldn’t. There was nothing else that I could do but finish what I’ve started. My heart ached. Daehyun.

“Youngjae…” I said softly, bending down next to him. He looked at me with terrified eyes. I tried extremely hard to contain myself as my eyes began to water. “W-We have to go.” I said with much difficulty. He nodded weakly, he looked as if he had given up. I propped him back onto my back and took off before the guards could find us. I hid every now and then so that the guards couldn’t spy us. Mintues later we successfully made it into Youngjae’s home.

The home was extremely small there wasn’t much but a bunch of blankets and a few utensils here and there. It reminded me of my mother’s home almost. I rested Youngjae onto the pile of blankets and stood by the door.

Youngjae his side and cried. He was crying so much that I was afraid that he would run out of tears and end up crying out blood. “Was…that your mother?” I asked him hesitantly. He shook his head and only cried even harder.

Smart move Zelo. I mentally face-palmed myself. “Y-You should get out of here. Thank-thank you for your help.” He finally spoke. Even though I wanted to leave, I couldn’t budge. I couldn’t leave him like this.

“I-I’ll be right back.” I said and left the small humble home. I was walking around when the 2 guards caught me by ambush. I didn’t fight back…I wanted to see what they would do…or try to do to me. Also I wasn’t that good of a fighter, I hated hurting people.

The guards didn’t do anything to me, yet. Instead they dragged me back to the center where Youngjae had been beaten. His blood was on the ground, they forced me to my knees onto of it. Jongup, Daehyun, Himchan, and Yongguk were still there in their same spots. It sickened me to see them, especially Yongguk and Daehyun.

One of the guards punched me hard in the face, leaving a fairly deep bruise, it hurt like crazy. “Tsk, tsk, tsk.” Jongup shook his head. “Now why did you save that boy? Ah~ it’s a shame you’re probably a really good kid trying to save your friend but now you’re in trouble.” He said. I didn’t anything I was too busy looking at Daehyun who stared back at me. I was wacked in the face again by the guard. I felt the side of my mouth begin to bleed a little. “Now let’s see who’s the under here.” The other guard said removing my hood.

Everyone looked completely shocked. The guards backed off and fell to their knees. Daehyun looked especially shocked for a minute then he looked at me with mean eyes. I just looked back at him dead in his eyes. I could feel Yongguk’s sad stare. “Your Majesty!! We’re so sorry! Please punish us! We did wrong!” The guards cried. “You should’ve taken off his hood before you’ve done anything!” Daehyun snapped. “Please! Your highness we didn’t know. Have mercy.” They cried some more. “You know the rules. You’ll be punished with 75 whip lashes and no food for 5 days. Prince Daehyun declared.

“Daehyun…” Yongguk said softly, resting his hand on his shoulder. Daehyun was extremely mad now. “Forget your punishement!” Daehyun spat. “Wh-What?” the guards stuttered in shock. “This raid is over…” He went on. “You have 2 minutes to gather all the guards or you both die!!” He shouted. The guards scrambled to their feet and went off. I got up as well and was about to go back to Youngjae but Yongguk grabbed my arm. He looked at me with stern eyes. I tried to pull away but he was stronger. “We need to talk.” He said his voice calm. “What is there to talk about? I saw everything.” I said my eyes tearing up again. I couldn’t believe them. Yongguk sighed and pulled me onto his horse and road away following the others who were already long gone.

I could have easily jumped off the horse, but I couldn’t resist Yongguk. He was the only one who could help me with how I’m feeling right now. I felt confused, sad, hurt, angry, and scared.

We rode all the way up to our little hangout spot. Daehyun was the first to storm inside, Jongup and Himchan slowly followed behind. Yongguk stopped me from entering and looked at me in my eyes. My heart would have skipped a beat if I wasn’t so ashamed of him right now. “I don’t want you to talk to Daehyun for now.” He said sternly. My heart nearly snapped when he said that. I knew that him and Daehyun are really close and Yongguk knows what’s best for him. It hurt to know that I was part of Daehyun’s problem. Would Yongguk be mad at me too? But I did nothing wrong. So why am I the one feeling guilty and sorry?

 

 

 

A/N: I apologize. This chapter didn't really go exactly how I wanted it to. But I promise the rest will be more interesting!! Thank you so much for the support! I'm so glad that you guys are enjoying the story! I will continue to do my best! I also apologize for the switching of Point Of Views so many times! I prefer to do first person, but I always want to tell it from different people's point of veiw. But if the switching bothers you guys please let me know! Because I can always switch to 3 person point of view for the rest of it!