Chapter 23: The Beginning of Tomorrow

All Of Me

-Youngjae’s POV-

I stood there in the room staring at myself in the mirror. I was dressed and ready for the ceremony. Time flew by fast and I was rushed to prepare for the whole thing in under 30 minutes. I was feeling a little nervous. But why? I don’t know anyone, and they don’t know me. “Ready?” Daehyun asked entering the room. I noded. “Just a little nervous.” I admitted. “About what?” He asked. “I don’t know.” I said. “Could it be you starting a new life?” He suggested. I thought for a bit and slowly nodded. “Maybe that’s it.” I said.

He smiled. I looked at him. “You’re enjoying this aren’t you? Being able to answer all of my questions.” I said. His smile grew even larger. I shook my head. “Well…I came to get you. It’s time.” He told me. I took a deep breath and walked over to him. He held out his arm.

“I will personally you myself….Prince Youngjae.” He teased. I looked at him. “Don’t be the one to cause me to change my mind.” I threatened. He put his arm down behind his back and smiled. “After you my Yoo Youngjae.” He cooed. I just shook my head and left the room first.

“You ready?” Yongguk asked as I met him, Zelo, Jongup, and Himchan in the center of the palace, they were all suited up nicely. Zelo wore a huge, cheeky smile on his face. “Besides the fact that everything is happening all in one day…I’m somewhat prepared.” I remarked. Bang just smiled. “Come on.” He said leading the way. We followed him to the very top of the castle where laid a large balcony for announcements. The six of us lined up in the back, behind the King and Queen who were at the front giving their speeches to the crowd.

Yongguk’s siblings stood at the corner smiling. I really couldn’t believe that this was happening and all so fast. I didn’t even get some 3 day notice or anything. This was the last thing I would have thought of doing, especially becoming Yongguk’s adopted younger brother, considering our history together. But then again I never would’ve guessed that I would be back with Daehyun after all this time. I would’ve neer even thought of having any type of relationship with him to begin with. But…I guess the impossible is really just as possible as the possible.

“Please rise and welcome the new member to our family Yoo Youngjae!” The Queen announced. That was my cue. I slowly walked up to the front of the platform between the King and Queen. I could see the crowd of people that watched from below. Someone came up holding a scroll and an ink pen. He handed me the pen to sign with.

I looked at the King and Queen who smiled gently, urging me to sign. Then I looked back at my friends who smiled back assuringly. I closed my eyes taking one last deep breath. Then I reopened them and signed my name on the parchment paper. The man then took the pen and rolled the scroll up, and left the balcony. At that moment two servants came up holding a yellow linen robe that was neatly folded.

The Queen took the robe and with graceful hands put the robe on me. Then she and the king each gave me a kiss on the forehead, giving me their plessing or some mess like that, Yongguk was telling me that this would happen. I felt extremely uncomfortable, was this really necessary?

“Ladies and Gentlemen. Our son…Prince Yoo Youngjae.” The King announced. At their leader’s announcement the crowd cheered bowing down. I did my best to smile but it was all so awkward and just weird. But I did as Yongguk instructed me earlier and bowed back. After waiting a few more minutes I was finally able to leave the balcony.

“You did well.” Yongguk smiled ruffling my hair. “Ugh…that was terrible.” I muttered. Yongguk just laughed “Well, It’s not over yet. There’s still the festival.” “Um…Yeah, about that. I’ll catch up with you guys later.” I said. They looked at me strangely. “Why? Are you okay?” Daehyun immediately asked. “Yes I’m fine. I just need to go back up to my…room.” I said feeling strange saying that.

“Why?” Zelo questioned curiously, he sensed something was up. “I think it’s time to open the letter my mother gace me. I saw something.” I told them.

The five of them looked at each other. “We’ll go with you.” Yongguk said. I just nodded and headed straight for the stairs with the others following behind me.

I quickly ran into my new bedroom and found the decorated letter. I carefully opened the envelope and took out the letter itself. I unfolded it and began to read it. I could hear my mother’s voice as I read each word, I did my best to compress any signs of emotion.

 

 

“What is today in the lunar cycle?” I quickly asked once I finished reading. “It’s…the night of the waning cresent.” Himchan answered. My eyes widened. “What’s wrong?” Daehyun asked me. “I have to go somewhere at the night of the next new moon.” I told him. “Lemme see that.” Jongup said curiously. I handed him the letter and he skimmed through it.

“You have to go to the Moonlight Bay Kingdom?” Jongup asked. I nodded. “What?” Himchan questioned confused. “Here.” Jongup said handing the letter to the elder. Himchan and Zelo both read the letter together. “Moonlight Bay…I’ve never heard of it.” Himchan said when he finished. “Ohie…it’s very far. There’s a map here.” Zelo pointed out.

“Do you have to go?” Daehyun asked already not liking the idea before even hearing the details. I nodded. “If my mother says I must go.Then…I have to go. She says it’s important.” I told him. “Let me see.” Bang said. Zelo handed him the letter. When the Prince received it he looked completely confused. “What is it?” Daehyun asked.

“There’s…There’s nothing on here. It’s blank.” He answered. “What are you talking about, it’s all right here words and everything.” Himchan said looking at it with him. “No. It’s blank. I don’t see anything.” Bang urged. “Let me see it.” Daehyun said. Yongguk handed it to him.

Daehyun looked over it and looked just as confused. “He’s right. There is nothing.” He announced. “What do you mean?” I said. “Look. There’s nothing.” He said showing it to me. “Um…there are words right on it.” I said pointing at it.

“That’s strange…everyone else can see it, but you two.” Himchan concluded. “How can that be?” Daehyun questioned. “Maybe it’s a parent thing, only the children can probably read it.” Jongup shrugged. “But what about Himchan?” Zelo questioned. “Himchan doesn’t count. He’s the grandma. He’s just whatever.” Jongup explained.

“Seriously you guys, this isn’t funny.” Daehyun said. “We are serious. There are words in that letter.” Himchan argued. “Then why can’t Bang and I see it?” Daehyun retorted. “I don’t know!” Himchan spat in frustration. “Calm down.” Yongguk told the two of them. “Youngjae?” He said turning to me.

I put the letter back in the envelope. “I still have to go. No matter what.” I said determined. “You’re not going alone.” Daehyun said resting a hand on my shoulder. “Of course he’s not. I’m going too. I want to see what this place has the answer to.” Jongup said. “Me too.” Zelo chimed in. “Yeah…It’s kind of strange, but I’ll go too.” Himchan agreed. “Then I guess we’re all going.” Yongguk smiled.

“Road Trip! Road Trip!” Jongup and Zelo sang. “The place is far. We’ll have to start planning as soon as possible, after this festival.” Himchan said. “Alright I’ll talk to my parents and set everthying up. Mean time all of you write letters to your parents telling them that we’ll be going on a little expedition.” Yongguk smirked.

“Another long journey.” Daehyun sighed sitting down on the bed. “What do mean another long journey? This is the first one.” I said sitting down beside him. “This next one is a physical one. The first one was more of a mental and emotional one, that took over 10 years to complete.” He smiled. I smiled back at him shaking my head a little. “But…in the end it was worth every second.” He said, with that he gave me a gentle kiss on the lips. “For now on Youngjae…” He whispered in my ear, “I am going to give you all of me.”

 

 

 

The End!

 

 

 

 

A/N: First of all I just want to apologize for this super short chapter. LOL. But thank you for reading the story! I am so happy that you guys have enjoyed it, and I really enjoyed writing it.Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. For the support, subscriptions, and comments! Will there be a second story? Hmmmm.

This story wasn't all that fantasy like. It was kind of hard to make it totally fantasy because of the problems that went on int the story that kind of took away from it, but there are very small hints of it, but I promise that the following story will be 100 percent fantasy.

Thank you for everything!