Chapter 16: Right My Wrongs

All Of Me

-Yongguk's POV-

I sat there only a few feet away from Youngjae. Youngjae sat by his mother’s side talking to the fragile woman. Daehyun sat close next to him also talking to her as well. Dr.Sunhi was sat on the other side of Youngjae right by the mother’s head.

We were all here in Ms.Yoo’s room of Ukwon’s and Minhyuk’s home. “Would you like something to drink?” Minhyuk’s mother asked me. “No thank you.” I said. She just nodded and walked over to Ms.Yoo’s side. She left a warm damp rag gently on her forehead. “Thank you YeeJin. You and your family have been too kind and patient with me.” Ms.Yoo thanked weakly.

I’ve seen Ms.Yoo a few times, she was an extraordinary really kind and caring person, from what I’ve seen, and she was beautiful. The sight was dejecting. I felt bad for the guy. Ms.Yoo and the boys are his only family. I understood now, where Jiho was coming from.

“What’s going to happen?” Youngjae asked. “Whatever happens…happens for a reason Youngjae.” Ms.Yoo smiled, but this didn’t help her son at all. “Not like this…it doesn’t have to happen like this.” Youngjae told her. “Youngjae~…You know better. You grew up knowing that.” She said. All Youngjae could do was nod.

“My time is coming near…” She coughed. “…faster than I expected.” She laughed lightly. But Youngjae wasn’t laughing what so ever. “I’m glad to see that you two made up.” She smiled weakly at Daehyun. “Wae?!” Youngjae broke down, crying harder than before.

Ms.Yoo frowned. She looked over at Dr.Sunhi who nodded. “Come on Youngjae.” The doctor said calmly, patting his back. Youngjae shook his head. “Aniya!” he cried. “Just for a little bit Youngjae.” Dr.Sunh remained calm. Daehyun caught on and stood up trying to make the younger stand up as well.

“Let go of me!” He screamed trying to fight the two off but it was obvious that they were way stronger than him. It was easy for them to drag him out the room. “Umma!” He cried to his mother as they shut the door behind them.

It ached my heart seeing him like that. I actually felt really bad for him. He’s really been through a lot and he really just needs a break. My thoughts were interrupted by Ms.Yoo’s coughing. “Do you need any water Miss?” I offered. She shook her head weakly. “I would like to sit up though.” She chuckled lightly.

I walked over to her and helped her up. “Thank you.” She said softly. “It’s the least I can do after what I’ve…done to your son.” I said feeling a bit shameful. It was just the two of us in the room. “It’s okay. I forgive you.” She smiled gently. I was taken aback by how fast she forgave me. “I forgave you a long time ago your highness.” She said.

I sat down beside her, listening to what she had to say. “There’s a lot more things that you boys don’t know, and a lot more ahead of you.” She began. “Young Zelo and Youngjae meeting was no accident. I can’t tell you what lays ahead of you, for you guys must find out for yourselves. Also, I do not know everything and it’s hard to explain, but your highness…” She started to cough.

“Please call me Yongguk.” I said. “…Yongguk, I need you to make me a promise…” she said in a low tone. I just looked at her. “Your friends need you, including your new ones. They need you to lead them.” She said. I continued to look at her, I didn’t understand what she was talking about. “Yes, you’re not going to understand until later, but something is coming…soon.”

“So, I need you to promise me that you will be there for Youngjae and take care of him. He’ll need it once…I’m gone.” She said quietly. “Wh-Why me? I don’t understand. I’d be the last person he’d want to see once…you know. He has Daehyun and Dr.Suhi.” I said.

“Daehyun is a sweet kid, but he cannot take care of Youngjae, and Dr.Sunhi will only be with you guys for a certain amount of time.” She told me. I couldn’t process anything she was saying, I couldn’t understand. She was serious though. She knows something…She knows a lot.

I decided to give in, as a repayment for what I’ve done to him. “Alright you have my word.” I swore. She smiled softly. “Thank you.” She nearly whispered. I looked back at her. Her eyelids lowered threatening to close shut. “You may go. That is all I have to say, I am getting really sleepy. Would you please tell Ms.Lee that I am going to sleep and not to bother to come in? I don’t want anyone to come. I want to be alone.” She asked me. I nodded standing up. But before I left Ms.Yoo said one last thing. “Yongguk…you are a good person.”

I left the room with a strange feeling. A feeling of enlightenment, I felt revived. I’m not sure what it was exactly but it felt good and I felt a lot better than before.

Everyone stopped and looked at me as I came out, gently closing the door behind me. Youngjae was the first to get up. “Where’s my mother?” He demanded. “She’s still in there Youngjae.” I assured the younger. “I want to see her.” Youngjae started to cry again. Minhyuk’s mother walked up to me. “She says not to bother coming in. She doesn’t want anyone to come in right now.” I told her.

“Are you sure she doesn’t need anything?” She asked. “Yes, she wants to be alone.” I informed. She nodded and left. Dr.Sunhi stood up. “I guess we should be leaving then.” She said. “Come on Youngjae.” Daehyun said standing up. “What? No! We just got here! I want to see my mom.” Youngjae protested.

“Youngjae…she’s resting now.” Dr.Sunhi sighed. “No! She can’t be. She needs me! She needs me to take care of her!” Youngjae cried. “Mr. and Ms.Lee are taking care of her. Ukwon and Minhyuk are also here to keep her company. She’s in good hands and you know it.” Daehyun assured him. “I’m not leaving!” Youngjae cried some more. “Jae~.” Ukwon sighed. I noticed how it hurt his friends Ukwon and Minhyuk to see him act this way. From what I’ve seen Youngjae had always been strong.

“I want to see her! I have to!” youngjae ran towards the bedroom door but I stopped him before he could reach it, using his weakness to my advantage. He looked at me with hateful eyes. For some reason, his look…hurt. “Youngjae…she doesn’t want to see you. She wants to be alone and rest.” I spoke calmly and stern.

The peasant boy’s face quickly changed into a saddened expression. He looked like a sad little boy who just realized he lost something important and he broke down. For some reason I didn’t pity him…instead I felt more responsible than anything else. I picked up the young boy letting him on my back. He wrapped his arms around my neck and his legs around my waist. He buried his face in my back, not bothering to fight back.

Ukwon and Minhyuk looked shocked at this. I didn’t really mind it much. Daehyun on the other hand seemed to mind but he didn’t say anything. We then said our good byes and left for home. We walked all the way back to the castle, Youngjae on my back. By the time we arrived Youngjae was fast asleep.

“Awe looky here. Mother Yongguk is carrying Dae’s baby on his back. How sweet.” Of course in a time like this Jongup is still himself. Which I’m actually kind of grateful for. “How come there are no fathers?” Junhong questioned the elder innocently Jongup thought about it for a second. “Hey~…You’re right. Okay…Bang Yongguk you’ve officially moved up to a father, congratulations.” Jongup said.

“Wow thanks.” I murmured. I carefully took Youngjae off of my back and laid him on Daehyun’s bed. Himchan got up and helped me tuck him in. “Is everything okay?” He asked me softly. “Not for Youngjae.” I said pulling the blanket over him as Himchan tucked him in securely. “His mother…the only other person he cares about and his only family member he cares about…is in a really bad state.” I explained. Looking down at the sleeping boy. “Do you think that if we got her treated by one of the royal doctors she’ll get better?” Himchan asked.

I shook my head. “That’s not what she would want anyway.” I said, studying the teen. A loft of his past was revealed all over his face, he looked so tired, hurt, and worn out. It broke my heart to see a kid like this.

He had to work all of his life, he’s struggled way more than Junhong, while the rest of us grew up nicely. The only work he had to do was our educational stuff and duties as princes. I really admired him. “Even if we sent her to one of the royal doctors it would be too late. She’s too weak.” I said my attention turning back to Himchan.

Himchan looked at the boy with sympathy. “Don’t pity him.” I said. “That’s the last thing he needs. Instead…Instead we should just welcome him…into our new family, along with his friends.” I smiled. I noticed Junhong smiling at me cheerfully. I just shook my head slightly laughing. What am I getting myself into?

-Daehyun’s POV-

Everyone chattered quietly amongst themselves. I leaned my back against the wall with my arms crossed. I stood there watching everyone, mainly Youngjae, who laid in the bed fast asleep. Poor Youngjae. I felt like this was all my fault. If I had just listened to his side of the story then…then maybe things would’ve turned out better for him.

Daehyun calm down, don’t get upset…what’s done is done. I have Youngjae now, and Youngjae has me. Now all I can do is help him. I might not be able to fix anything, but I can help him through it.

“Well, I guess we’ll sleep in the guest rooms tonight.” Yongguk announced interrupting my thoughts. “Whaat? I want to stay here with Youngjae-ssi.” Zelo said. Yongguk shook his head. “We should give them their time alone…Daehyun and Youngjae.” Yongguk said. I smiled, “Good idea.”

“What? They had their alone time all day today.” Jongup pointed out. Himchan elbowed the younger in the side. “Come on…let’s go.” Yongguk said as he and Himchan stood up. Junhong reluctantly stood up as well.

Jongup was the only one who remained seated. “Jongup.” Himchan spat. “What?” Jongup challenged. “Come on. Let’s go.” The elder ordered. “Go where?” Jongup teased. Himchan sighed in annoyance. “We’re going to the guest rooms.” He answered anyway. Just then a smirk formed at the corners of Jongup’s mouth.

He stood up to his feet and stretched wrapping his arm around Himchan’s neck. “Alright, I’ll go…if I get a room with Channie.” He winked. Himchan’s face cringed. “Alright.” I said. Himchan’s eyes widened. “You know where the room is.” “Shall we?” Jongup said to the elder and with that the group left.

I gently closed the door behind them. I was happy to have Youngjae to myself again. Honestly, I wasn’t all that pleased when Bang carried him on his back, on our way to the castle. I walked over to bed and joined Youngjae.

His back was turned towards me. I really didn’t like it when his back was facing me, it hurt. Not that he did it on purpose but it reminded me of the bad times we went through, like when I turned my back on him.

I wanted to turn him around so that I could see his precious face, but I didn’t, in fear of disturbing him. I wrapped my arm around him pulling him close to me. I held him tightly and easily fell asleep.

**

I sat up and found myself in that box again…but there was no sign of any white areas anywhere. Everything was filled with color. Even the large (once empty) part had color. It was filled with purple, blue, and yellow. The yellow was the dominant color.

I looked around to see if I could find the lovey boy in yellow and his purple friend. This time I was able to walk around the place. I was about to call out for the boys but…I didn’t know their names. The more I searched the more frustrated I became. It’s just a box! It’s not that complicated. Then why can’t I find them?

Just then I bumped into a boy in a blue cloak, the same boy I saw in a corner alone, last time. This time his hood was off revealing his identity. ‘Junhong?’ I questioned still unable to speak. The boy looked at me and smiled. “Daehyunnie!” He greeted. I smiled back at him. ‘Have you seen a boy in a yellow cloak? And his friend who has a purple cloak?’ I asked. “Yellow cloak? Purple cloak?” the maknae repeated.

I nodded. ‘And they have hoods over their faces.’ I added. “Hoods? Over their faces?” He repeated. I nodded again. He thought for a bit but to my misfortune he shook his head. “I don’t know anyone with a hood on their head. I don’t think there’s anyone like that here anymore.” He said innocently.

I blinked a couple of times processing what he just said. ‘Nobody like that anymore?’ “Do you want me to help you kind them?” the innocent kid asked excitedly. ‘No…I’ll just walk, I guess.’ I sighed sadly walking away.

I don’t know why I was feeling so disappointed and upset. I just have this longing to see the boy, but strangely it’s not the first time I had this yearning feeling before…for…for Youngjae. I sat down on a random bench that sat in the middle of nowhere.

I sat there alone running my fingers through my hair. I didn’t know what to do. If I had just stayed a little longer last time maybe…maybe I would’ve learned his name. ‘Ugh! Daehyun why don’t you think these things through?!’ I scolded myself. ‘That’s how you always mess things up.’ I felt my eyes begin to water.

“Why do you look so down?” someone asked. ‘Because I always mess things up.’ I responded not bothering to look up. “What makes you say that?” The person questioned. ‘Because of stupid mistakes I’ve made in the past. Now the person I want to see is gone.’ I confessed not knowing why I was confessing to some stranger.

“So you’ve lost someone huh? I’m looking for someone as well.” The person said. ‘I hope you have better luck than I do.’ I remarked. “Maybe we can help you.” A new voice suggested. ‘No thanks, I’m not going to be able to find them.’ I thought. “Why? Because of the past?” The new voice said. ‘Yes’ I answered. “Well you can’t always look in the past. Matter of fact you won’t get anywhere living in the past. You’ll have a better chance looking into the future. The past will only hold you back.” The new voice encouraged.

“And besides, you’re not going to find anyone by sitting here hanging your head down.” The first person said holding out his hand. I just stared at his soft gentle hand and slowly looked up until I saw his face.

It was Youngjae! Wearing a yellow cloak. And the guy behind him was Jiho wearing a purple cloak. I slowly stood up and looked at him shocked, but filled with joy.

‘Youngjae! Jiho! You’re the kids from before!’ I came to my conclusion. “Well, I wouldn’t say we’re kids anymore.” Jiho smiled. Youngjae gazed into my eyes smiling gently. I smiled back with tears of joy. “I’ve been looking for you all this time…why did you leave?” He asked.

‘I never left you Youngjae…like you said before, this is the place where I keep people I care about in…and you’re still here.’ I walked close to him. A tear streamed down the younger’s cheek. I leaned in for kiss, but right before our lips met….

**

…My eyes fluttered open. The sunlight shown through the window brightening the room. What a nice dream.

I looked and saw Youngjae was facing me, still sleeping. I caressed his soft cheek. “I had a dream about you.” I whispered. He looked so precious sleeping peacefully without a care in the world. I almost didn’t want him to wake up, I rather have him sleep peacefully away from his cruel, cold reality that never seemed to give him a break.

He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me. “That’s weird.” He whispered back. I smiled, he heard me. “So? It’s about you you…You don’t dream about me?” I whispered, being careful not to ruin the peace. He blushed lightly. I smiled at his cuteness. “Daehyun…” he suddenly whispered. “Hm?”

“Let’s stay like this forever…or as long s possible.” He suggested like an innocent child. I smiled and nodded. “Let’s stay here. Just the two of us and enjoy the morning sunlight. Then we’ll get up and join the others.” I whispered. Youngjae’s face was filled with pure joy, it lit up with happiness.

“I love you Youngjae…” I said as he cuddled close to me. “Daehyun….I love you too.” He breahed warmly into my chest closing his eyes.