Chapter 13: His Story

All Of Me

1 Week later…

-Daehyun’s POv-

It’s been a week and I made no kind of progress what so ever. I decided to try to help Youngjae with his work, but he always pushed me away or get mad at me and we’d end up arguing. Everything I seem to do was wrong. When I tried to help him he’d tell me that he didn’t need my help even though it was obvious that he did need it. But I kept my promise, I provided him and his mother with more than enough money. I had it given to Minhyuk and Ukwon’s family and Ms.Yoo while I provided Youngjae with clothes, food, and shelter.

I’ve stayed very cautious with my actions, I didn’t want to mess up at all. This was my final chance that I do not want to lose. Junhong was watching me extremely close. I can’t understand why I was acting intimidated by him, I guess it was because he was the closest to Jae out of the 5 of us and he could probably convince Youngjae to go away with him at any moment. I know Junhong, he would do it if I gave him a reason to.

Everyone was outside while Youngjae and I were left alone in my bedroom. We had all just finished eating lunch and everyone had went outside to hangout. I stayed behind to help Youngjae clean. Youngjae pulled away from me when I tried to help him with the dishes.

“Let me help you.” I insisted but he kept pulling away and stepping backwards. “No. Just leave me alo-,” but he suddenly tripped and fell backwards and all of the dishes fell to the ground, thankfully none of them broke. I sighed and bent down picking up the plates. “…Youngjae…” I said softly when I saw his eyes water. “Stop forcing yourself on me.” He said. If felt my stomach drop, that actually hurt. I never thought of it in that way.

“Youngjae, I made a promise and I plan to follow through.” I said forcing my voice to stay strong. “Why do you want me back huh? Did you run out of ideas to ruin our lives even more?” He started up again. “Are you not satisfied?” he went on. “Aniyo! No I’m not!” I burst before he could say anything else “Not without you.” I said sincerely.

Youngjae sniffed rubbing his eyes. “Let me see my mother.” He said suddenly. I was a bit hesitant. “Let me see my mom and everyone else. It’s been over a week and I’ve been forced here against my will.” He said again.

I sighed giving in, “I’ll have two guards you there and back.” “I don’t need guards to me anywhere, especially to see my own mother and friends who I’ve known all my life.” Youngjae narrowed his eyes at me.

“What about your dad? What if he sees you? He’ll do worse than what I did to you!” I spat. “No, Daehyun. You did worse to me than he did.” Youngjae said quietly getting up walking out of the room. “Y-Y-You jerk!” I spat but he was already gone. I picked up the rest of the dishes slowly. Tears started to fall down from my eyes. I know Youngjae…I know…

-Youngjae’s POV-

Once I was off of the palace grounds I started running through the rich people town all the way until I was in the village. I looked around and observed the area with watery eyes. I didn’t miss this place at all, I only hated it even more.

I walked to Minhyuk’s home and knocked on the door. At first there was no answer. So I knocked again. This time the door immediately swung open. It was Ms.Lee, Minhyuk’s mother. Her eyes widened when she saw it was me. “C-Come in.” She managed to say.

I entered the house looking around the room. “Youngjae!” Minhyuk and Ukwon exclaimed walking to me, but they stopped themselves before running into me. “Youngjae…what happened to your arm?” Minhyuk questioned.

“Where’s…Where’s my mother?” I sniffed. “She’s in the other room.” Ukwon answered pointing in the direction, sensing my urgency. Without wasting another second I ran into the room. As soon as I saw her, I ran into her arms crying. “Youngjae!” She could barely gasp, wrapping her arms around me.

She seemed much more fragile than be for. She rubbed my back soothingly until I calmed down. I sat up on my knees and faced her. “A-Are you sick?” I questioned still sniffling.

She nodded slowly. “But Minhyuk’s mother and the others provide me with more than enough. It’s just a medical thing.” She smiled softly. “Has…has he come?” I asked. She frowned, “Ani.” She said softly, shaking her head. It was silent.

“Youngjae…You don’t have to worry about him anymore.” She said patting my knee weakly. I remained silent. “How’s Prince Daehyun taking care of you?” She asked watching my arm.

“He thinks he’s all that…that he thinks he can get whatever he wants, whenever he wants…he’s forcing himself on me.” I sniffled. “Hmmm.” She said. “He won’t even let me come back home.” I went on. “How are the others?” She asked me. “Zelo…of course is…is cool. The Jongup guy isn’t too bad, b-but it’s…it’s just all too much! He doesn’t understand!” I started crying again.

She rubbed my back gently again. “He must really want you back.” She said. “It’s just an act!” I spat. “He’s only trying to make my life…our lives more miserable.” I went on. “How am I supposed to take care of you when you’re sick, when he won’t even let me out?” I said. “Youngjae…all of this anger is only going to make things worse for you.” She began.

“Give him some sort of chance. Let him help you out at least.” She said. “I don’t need his help.” I pout. “Youngjae!” She said sternly. “Let him help you. So at least I don’t have to worry so much about you. Do it for me. Arasso?” She smiled caressing my hair. I sighed giving in. I nodded slowly. “Arasso.”

“Good…Now go and hangout with Minhyuk and Ukwon before you have to leave and be gone for another week.” She smiled gently, patting my broken arm. I gave her one last hug before leaving the room and joining Minhyuk and Ukwon in the main room.

-Zelo’s POV-

“Where’s Youngjae?” I asked Daehyun when I entered the room seeing Daehyun sitting in a chair staring at the cart with empty dishes. I had left the others to check up on the two. They hadn’t made any progress at all!

It was getting upsetting, maybe they just weren’t met to be and Daehyun can’t get over that fact. But I kept having this feeling that something wasn’t right. My dreams haven’t been making much sense. “He went to visit his mom.” Daehyun said in a stressful tone, running his fingers through his hair.

“Daehyun.” I said closing the doors behind me. “Mm.” He simply responded. “Are you worried about Youngjae-ssi?” I asked. He sighed before answering. “Yeh.” He nodded. “Daehyun…I think something isn’t right.” I announced.

He looked at me with a strained face. “I think what happened between the two of you was a complete misunderstanding.” I finally said. I’ve been meaning to tell him this, but I wasn’t sure when would be a good time and also I was scared of offending him. He raised an eyebrow. “Are you saying that it has to do with my parents?” he asked. “You haven’t told me anything, but that could be a possibility.” I said staying strong, I don’t want Youngjae to be hurt anymore, it’s time to take action and make things right for good, and the right way.

“What made you come to this conclusion?” He questioned. I took a deep breath. “Youngjae told me what happened.” I answered confidently. “Wh-What did he say?” He asked. I took a seat and started explaining everything to him. I remembered everything that Youngjae told me. At the very end of my story he was left lost for words.

“A-Are you sure he said that?” He asked trying to process the information I gave him. I nodded without hesitation. “Youngjae doesn’t lie…and he doesn’t use people either.” I reminded him. “I know…I know…” He said weakly. “So…what happened?” I asked him this time. He looked up at me. “My mom told me that Youngjae and his friends attacked her and stole the ring…and my parents…they argued severely, because you know…the importance of that ring. And when I went to see for myself…he had it.” Daehyun choked at the memory.

Idiot! I got so mad at this! But I kept my composure. “Wh-Why would you believe that?!” I spat. Well, I tried to keep most of my composure. “I thought you knew him better than that…you don’t know him at all! His friends would never do anything like that!” I went on.

“I do know him! I knew him longer than you! I was close to him for 2 years! You’ve known him for what? 2 months?!” he defended standing up. “Oh yeah…I might’ve known him for 2 months, but I actually know who he is. You know why? Because I know him well enough to not even fall for that dumb story!” I jumped to my feet as well getting close to his face.

Daehyun didn’t respond…he couldn’t respond, because I was right. “Did you even let him explain himself?” I lowered my voice. He shook his head sadly. I sighed. “Why are you doing this?” His voice cracked. “I’m trying to help you…and Youngjae. This is eating both of you guys alive.” I said. “What do you plan on doing? I want to get the truth.” He was now getting angry, but not at me. “I have a plan. We’ll do it today…when Youngjae gets back.”