Chapter 7: Don't Go

All Of Me

Youngjae was beginning to get emotional. He couldn’t believe that something like this was happening. That somebody was actually trying to take his friend away. “Yes we can.” The second guard said sharply. “Wae?! Who said you can?!” Youngjae yelled letting his emotions get to him. Zelo stood up as well and rested his hand on Youngjae’s shoulder. “Calm down Youngjae. I won’t let them take me away.” He said. In a calm tone so that Youngjae would be more at ease, although Zelo wasn’t at all calm. He was scared. He didn’t know what to do.

What will happen? What did I do wrong? Questions flooded the teen’s mind. He slipped his hand into Youngjae’s and squeezed it tight. “It’s an order from his highness, the Crowned-Prince Daehyun.” The first guard announced.

Zelo’s eyes widened and he began to tremble in fear. Youngjae felt the Younger shaking. Hearing that it was from the Prince made him even more upset. “So hand him over and obey you’re highness’s order.” The first guard instructed. It was silent. Everyone stood there waiting. For Youngjae to make his decision.

“No.” Youngjae finally said. “You! Then come with us, since he won’t cooperate.” The first guard spoke to Zelo. The younger bit his lip unsure whether to obey them or stay by Youngjae’s side. He took a deep breath and finally said, “No. I’m staying here. Tell Prince Daehyun that I will be staying here and not to look for me again.”

The guards were thrown off by his response. They hadn’t expect for him to turn down Prince’s Daehyun’s demand for a peasant boy. Youngjae was also a bit shocked on how stern Zelo’s voice sounded when he spoke. “We were told to bring you back no matter the circumstance.” The first guard noted. “And that’s what we plan to do.” The second guard added. Two more guards then entered and they took Zelo, but Youngjae still held onto his hand.

“No!” Youngjae cried. “You can’t take him away.” He was close to breaking down, he was in a helpless situation where he couldn’t save his own friend.

Zelo punched one of the guards with his free hand and kicked the other one. “You rude little kid!” The second guard spat heading towards the teen. Zelo took the water filled bowl and dumped it on top of him. Zelo then tried to get back to Youngjae but the two other guards had come back and grabbed both of his arms. He tried to break free, but they were much stronger. Youngjae ran towards them but the 2nd guard punched him hard in the face causing him to fall flat on the ground. Youngjae!!” Zelo screamed as the guards began to drag him out.

Meanwhile Jiho came out of his house to do some of his outside chores when he noticed 4 guys dressed in fancy clothing sitting on horses, outside of Youngjae’s house along with 3 guards. He squinted to see that one of the fancy guys on the horses was Prince Daehyun.

His eyes grew large. “What are they doing there?” He asked to himself. “I should go get the others.” Just then he heard Zelo scream Youngjae’s name. He quickly ran to get Kyung and Jaehyo since they lived the closest.

“What is it?” Jaehyo asked as soon as he noticed Jiho’s expression. “Youngjae and Zelo are in trouble.” He said. Without another word Jaehyo instantly followed the elder. Once they got Kyung the 3 of them quickly ran to Youngjae’s home.

“We should go in there and see what’s going on.” Yongguk said after hearing Junhong’s scream. Himchan was quick to agree, worried about his little friend. Jongup was hesitant feeling like it would actually be a bad idea. Daehyun didn’t want to go in and see Youngjae but he gave into Yongguk’s proposal and the four of them went inside.

Everything was a blur to Youngjae after he got hit. The hit he took nearly knocked him out. When he heard Zelo’s scream he forced himself to snap out of it and gathered up his senses and stood up with much difficulty. “Zelo. I won’t let them take you away.” He said as his vision began to clear up. He stumbled toward his friend but the guard gave him another vicious punch and Youngjae was easily knocked back down to the ground. “What’s going on?” Youngjae heard a deep voice ask. He looked up to see that Daehyun and his friends were now in his house.

“Y-Y-Yongguk.” Zelo could barely say. He was surprised to see that they were all here. “Let go of him! Is he some criminal?!” Daehyun ordered. “Sorry, your highness.” The two guards apologized and immediately let go of Zelo.

Zelo went to run to Youngjae but Yongguk stopped him by grabbing his wrist. “What are you doing?” Zelo asked him almost angrily. “Let’s go.” Daehyun ordered heading towards the door.

“You can’t take him.” Youngjae spoke up sternly. Daehyun spun around and glared at the now standing Youngjae. “How dare you say that to me?” He said. “How dare I? How dare you! Barging into my home! Taking anything and anyone you want.” Youngjae snapped fearlessly. The four guards were about to charge at Youngjae but Daehyun stopped them. “Get out!” he demanded. “But your-,” “Get out!” He yelled. The guards obeyed and exited the home closing the door behind them. Once they were gone Daehyun walked up to Youngjae.

“Of course I can do that. Do you forget who I am? I have the power to.” Daehyun said. “I’m not surprised. You are all the same you take advantage of your powers to others’ disadvantage because of your greed and selfishness. I can’t believe I thought you were any different.” Youngjae hissed.

“I was different. I was was wrong to be different. To trust a filthy peasants like you.” Daehyun shot back narrowing his eyes. “Then why are you taking him from me! Huh? He doesn’t belong to you, he doesn’t belong to any of you.” Youngjae spat. Daehyun turned away from the younger. “Let’s go.”

The four of them began to leave, but Zelo kept pulling away from Yongguk who held tightly onto his wrist. “Let me go.” Zelo ordered. “No.” Yongguk said. “Let me go! Now!” Zelo yelled. But Zelo was dragged out of the house by Yongguk.

As he was being dragged out he saw Kyung, Jiho, and Jaehyo outside the home. “Zelo!” Youngjae called running out the house. “What did you call him?” Yongguk stopped in his tracks facing Youngjae. “Zelo. That’s his name. Did you not think peasants had names?” Youngjae challenged. Out of anger Yongguk punched Youngjae in the face, once more Youngjae fell to the ground again. Now it began to rain.

“Youngjae!” Zelo called… Jiho and Jaehyo ran to Youngjae’s care. Kyung left to get the others. “What’s going on?” Jiho asked. “They’re taking Zelo away.” Youngjae said tears streaming down his face. It’s not fair, why are they doing this? Why is Daehyun taking him away? “Why?” Jaehyo asked. “I-I don’t know.” Youngjae said as more tears poured down his cheeks.

Jiho stood up and faced Yongguk. But before he could say or do anything. Yongguk was randomly punched in the face by Jihoon. Himchan gasped at the sudden attack. “Jihoon!” Jiho scolded but the younger ignored him and glared at the prince in front of him. Kyung came and quickly took Zelo back, while Yongguk’s grip had loosened.

Yongguk was now furious but before he could react Daehyun stepped in. “You are all arrested and you will be punished. Not for just physically harassing a prince but for kidnapping a royal as well.” Daehyun announced. “You all will be severely punished.” He gritted.

“Kidnapping? We did not kidnap a royal! We didn’t kidnap anyone!” Kyung spat back. “Kyung!” Jiho snapped but Kyung also ignored him. No one was listening to Jiho, they were all focused on saving Zelo by all means, but none of them were thinking straight. “Any close friend of the royal family is considered a royal here.” Daehyun stated.

Everyone was lost for words, not understanding what he was saying. Youngjae slowly looked up at Zelo. “Choi Junhong…is considered a royal.” Daehyun said slow and firmly to them. “We don’t know anyone named Choi Junhong…but if we find him we’ll surely let you know.” Kyung said plainly. “And will you hand him over?” Daehyun asked raising an eyebrow. “Yes.” Kyung nodded without hesitation.

Zelo’s eyes widened. “Well I’ll give you another detail about him.” Daehyun said. “Okay.” Kyung replied. Idiot, Daehyun thought to himself. Youngjae glared at him as if to have read his mind. “He also goes by the name Zelo.” He said. Kyung’s eyes widened and his mouth dropped open. “Since you have him…hand him over.” Daehyun glared.

Nobody looked at Zelo except for Jiho. Jiho looked at Zelo and asked, “Is this true? Are you…Are you Choi Junhong?” At this Youngjae slowly looked back up at Zelo, who shamefully nodded. “Y-Yeah…I am Choi Junhong who also goes by the name…Zelo.” Zelo said with watery eyes. He didn’t want this to end, especially not like this. Daehyun folded his arms and smirked at their surprised faces. Youngjae looked away from Zelo.

Zelo looked at Youngjae who was still on the ground. The younger looked down sadly. “We’re not giving him up.” Jiho spoke up. Zelo looked up at him surprised but thankful at the same time. “After knowing the truth you still refuse?” Daehyun questioned. Jiho just stared at him dead in the eyes as if to say ‘I did the same with you.’ Daehyun got the message and this angered him.

“Yeah! I won’t let you take my little brother away!” Kyung said stepping up again. “Brother?” Yongguk scoffed. Ukwon and Minhyuk stood on either side of Zelo. Jihoon stood by Kyung’s side. Jaehyo, Taeil, and Youngjae didn’t do anything they were too shocked to make a decision whether to let them take Zelo or keep them from doing so.

Himchan observed the villagers not liking them one bit, they had his Junhong the whole time. Jongup just watched curiously, he wasn’t on anyone’s side. He was only on Junhong’s side, whatever he wanted he was fine with it, he believed that it was Junhong’s choice no one else’s. Yongguk glared at Youngjae, he blamed the peasant for all of this and it angered him even more that Junhong was in this predicament all because of that Youngjae kid.

“You guys are all arrested!” Prince Daehyun snapped for a second time. “As long as we’re all together being arrested means nothing to us.” Jiho said not scared one bit. “You all will be punished severely. You will be tortured beyond more than you can take.” Daehyun was losing all of his patience he was infuriated. “Do you think that matters to us? We’ve been through a lot already, things beyond than what we can already take.” Jiho challenged.

“Huh. You continue to challenge me? You better watch your tongue or I’ll have it cut off.” Daehyun narrowed his eyes another idea coming to him. “You know what? I won’t take all of you then. I’ll just take your strongest links and break them.” Daehyun said. “Guards! Arrest Jiho and Youngjae.”

Everyone’s eyes widened in fear except for Jiho and Youngjae whom remained the same. “No! You can’t take them!” Jaehyo slipped out. Daehyun only smirked. “I’ll go.” Zelo finally spoke up not liking the idea of any of them being arrested and tortured one bit. They’ve already been through too much. “I’ll go. Just…just please don’t do anything to them. Please.” Daehyun was reluctant but gave in. “Fine.” He said.

Then the four royals hopped on their horses. Zelo walked over to Yongguk’s horse. “Zelo~…” Kyung called quietly before he got on. Junhong turned to face them one more time. They all had hurtful expressions as if they had been betrayed. Kyung’s eyes were watery and Jihoon began to wimper. “Don’t go…Zelo, we can work this out. As long as you don’t go, it’ll be easy. We can endure anything together.” Kyung sniffled. “Yeah! We’ll forget all of this ever happened and we’ll have fun again.” Jihoon added with a small glimpse of hope.

Zelo smiled sadly at the two and bowed. “Miane…I’m sorry for the trouble I’ve caused…” Zelo began fighting back his own tears. “Zelo…” Kyung said weakly. But I can’t stay any longer. I…I’m sorry…I had lots of fun with y-you guys thank-you for taking care o-of m-me.” Zelo choked a little. He gave one last look at Youngjae, who still did not look at him, and hopped onto Yongguk’s horse behind the prince. They were off.

Zelo tried hard to fight back his tears but it was proving difficult. He felt angry, sad, and guilty all at once. As they rode back to the castle they passed Youngjae’s mother. She and Zelo mad eye-contact. She gave him a worried look, she then broke the eye-contact, dropped all of her stuff and ran back to her home to her son.

-Jiho’s POV-

The mood was dreadful after the 5 of them and the guards left. No one really knew what to do or say, or even think. Minhyuk and Ukwon were the first to leave silently. Then Taeil. “He…he didn’t have to do that. Jihoon pouted before he and Kyung left for home as well. Jaehyo sighed. “I guess I’ll go too.” He said. He glanced at Youngjae then he walked to me patting my shoulder. “Take care of him.” He said then walked off. Now it was just me and him.

Youngjae stayed on the ground looking at it lifelessly. “Let’s go inside.” I told him. No response. “Youngjae…” I sighed. Nothing. “We’ll get him back.” I promised.

“He’s one of them…right?” Youngjae asked finally speaking. I didn’t say anything. “So we can’t get him back then. Huh?” He said his voice shaking. “That fool…H-How could he?” he said a tear fell down his cheek as he began to at the dirt.

“Can I trust no one? Other than you guys?” he sniffled. “Youngjae…” was all I could say, he was heartbroken. “Jiho…What do I do?” he looked up at me with lost eyes. This saddened me. He was hurting so much right now.

“Youngjae…I’ll let you make the call for this one. Whether we continue to keep Zelo as one of us or to forget about him. Whatever it is, it’s your decision. I’ll fully support you.” I told him. He slowly nodded and started crying. I bent down to him and rubbed his back to sooth him a bit. I pulled him in close. Youngjae, don’t worry everything will be alright. Whatever decision you make, it will be for the best, for you, the rest of us, and…Zelo.

“What happened? I…I saw Zelo riding away with the Prince and his friends.” I turned to see that it was Ms.Yoo. She was worried. Her expression saddened when she saw Youngjae crying. “Let’s get him inside.” She sighed.