Surprise

Take Care of My Girlfriend

Hello everybody, sorry for not updating last week! I was in the midst of many many tests hence I neglected this space! I'm so sorry about that!!! Here's the chapter that I owe you all! 

 

Time flew by just like that we were on our last night in Tokyo. Though I came to Japan rather unwillingly, I did enjoy myself and was a little reluctant about leaving. For leaving Japan would mean that I had to go back to reality. Right now, my three friends were in my suite, all ransacking what I had in my suitcase. According to Soobin, everyone of us were going for a dinner at an expensive restaurant that Hyukjae oppa booked in celebration of our last night in Tokyo.

“I KNEW GETTING YOU TO BUY THIS DRESS WOULD BE A PERFECT IDEA,”Taeri squealed as she lifted it up.

She had actually convinced me to buy it earlier on and I had to say that it was really pretty. 

“With the heels you bought on the second day!”Hyun-na opened up the box I had and took it out.

“Alright, go change and we’ll do your makeup and hair for you,”Soobin pushed everything to me.

“Guys, aren’t you all overdoing it? I mean, it’s just a simple dinner,”I whined a little.

“No, we’re all going to be dressed up as well. Go! Go! Go!”Soobin pushed me gently.

“HA! Who are you kidding? Taeri hates dressing up,”I scoffed.

“But tonight is special!”Taeri argued and I was taken aback.

“Even Taeri is dressing up. So go!”Hyun-na gestured for me to go to the adjoined bathroom.

Sighing, I went to get changed, after I was done, they made me sit down on a chair to work their magic on me. Half an hour went by and they showed me the mirror. Staring at my reflection, I could hardly believe how good I look.

“Been long since you last dressed up, huh?”Taeri grinned as she looked at me through the mirror.

“As expected from the girl who caught the heart of the rich heir,”Hyun-na nodded her head in approval.

“I agree. Heck, if I was a guy, I would date you,”Taeri nudged me.

“Then, let’s date!”I joked.

“I am straight, for your information,”Taeri rolled her eyes.

“Alright, kids, it’s our turn to change as well,”Soobin clapped her hands.

“We’ll come back for you so just sit here and wait for the doorbell to ring!”Hyun-na smiled.

“What? You’re not changing here?”I asked.

“Of course not, everything of ours is back in our room,”Taeri replied with an amused grin.

“But I wouldn’t get to be part of the fun!”I argued.

“What fun is there when we won’t end up as pretty as you? Just sit here in case your makeup gets ruined, alright. Do it as a favour to us,”Taeri literally begged.

“Fine, fine! But you guys will be back very quickly, right?”I asked as I stood up to send them off.

“Yes, yes, yes! We’re supposed to assemble here before the guys come over, anyway,”Hyun-na answered.

“See you later!”Taeri grinned before waving.

The door closed and it was all silent again. I walked towards the mirror to look at myself again and I have to admit, those three really know their stuff. Getting bored, I went about playing games on my mobile phone and when the doorbell finally rang, I was already fuming mad. It had been half an hour since they were gone.

“Yah, what took you all so long, huh?!”I glared as I opened the door.

Standing in front of me, however, was Hyukjae oppa with his brown hair styled and wearing a suit.

“I’m sorry that I kept you waiting,”he replied.

“Oh…,er, I wasn’t scolding you. I was…scolding those three,”I hurriedly explained as heat crept up my cheeks.

“You’re looking so beautiful,”he commented as he surveyed me up and down.

“Thanks,”I smiled as I avoided his gaze.

“Shall we go now?”he asked.

“HUH?”I raised my head to look at him.

“Those three aren’t coming. It’s a surprise date with just the two of us,”Hyukjae oppa explained with a twinkle in his eye.

“What? Wait a minute…what’s going on?”I asked in shock.

“I planned this with your friends. Tonight, it’s just going to be just you and me,”he smiled.

“You’ve got to be kidding, right? I’m going to call them,”I said as I took out my phone.

But he placed his hand right on top of the screen, lighly pushing my phone down.

“Don’t bother. They switched their phones off,”he replied.

I opened my mouth to speak but he beat me to it.

“Donghae as well,”he added in a firm tone.

I put my phone back in my clutch, not knowing what to do.

“I promise you that you will enjoy yourself tonight. I’ve spent days planning this,”he lifted my chin so that I was looking at him.

With him looking at me such an earnest expression, I felt my heart softened.

“Shall we?”Hyukjae oppa asked.

I nodded my head, to which he let out a grin. I followed him all the way down to the lobby where when I saw what was waiting, my legs nearly gave way. The bellman immediately rushed over upon seeing us.

“Good evening, Mr Lee and Miss Kim, the limousine is all ready for you,”he bowed as he went to open the door for me.

I turned to look at Hyukjae oppa. He gestured towards the open door as he placed his palm gently on the small of my back, pushing me gently towards the vehicle. Slowly, I got in and the bellman shut the door. Hyukjae oppa boarded the vehicle from the other side and the chauffeur drove off. We hit the streets of beautiful Tokyo. People were streaming in and out of shops and the skyscrapers were all light up. I stared out the window in awe. Though I’ve seen the night view from my window, I still felt so amazing that I got to see such a beautiful place.

“I’ve heard Paris is even more beautiful. Shall we go there one day?”he asked.

I decided against answering his question. I wasn’t even sure what we were doing this instant. We were going on a date and I haven’t even forgiven him for what he has done. Moreover, we had broken up. Though it wasn’t a clean enough break. I was deadly confused and lost as I was pushed into this date unwillingly.

“We’re here,”the chauffeur announced and Hyukjae oppa immediately got out.

The door to my side opened and Hyukjae oppa greeted me with a smile, stretching out his palm for me to get out. I held onto his hand as I slowly got out of the limousine. A gust of wind blew and I felt a jacket being draped on me.

“Still feeling cold?”he asked.

“A little,”I admitted, since my teeth had begun to chatter.

“Let’s get inside,”he put his arm round my shoulder, giving me warmth as he led me in.

Once we got in, my eyes started twinkling. Hyukjae oppa knew I was not one to be bought over by expensive restaurants. So, he brought me to a sushi bar that I have been dying to go to. It was hard getting a reservation and he did it.

“You were listening?”I looked around.

The sushi bar looked just like the pictures on the internet. I remembered scrolling through them one day and blabbering to Hyukjae oppa about it the moment he came through the front door. In his tired state, he pacified me by saying that he’ll bring me to Japan one day to eat at the bar. But months flew by and nothing happened and I got disappointed, thinking that he had promised me to make me shut up. But he had been listening and he has fulfilled his promise.

“Of course I was. I’ve wanted to bring you here but I had been stupid enough to let work take over me,”he smiled.

That sentence made me look at him.

“I know what I’ve done is wrong. Just for today, let yourself go and enjoy your date with me. If you still wish to avoid me afterwards, it’s your choice. I will respect it but that doesn’t mean that I will stop chasing. I need you in my life and I will keep chasing until you finally agree to be my girlfriend once again. I’ll make it all up to you and you know how determined I am. I am the same boy you met eight years ago. I am still the same Lee Hyukjae that you fell in love with. And Lee Hyukjae never gives up nor does he simply watch the girl he loves walk away,”he said firmly.

His mini speech left me speechless and I was left staring into his lovely eyes.

“Sorry, Mr Lee. Your table is ready,”

Hyukjae oppa broke away from the eye contact that we were having to acknowledge the waitress before turning back to look at me.

“Shall we?”he smiled.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel