Confused

Take Care of My Girlfriend

A/N: Hello everybody, don't worry, this is not any bad news or anything. Anyway, I got thinking and was wondering if I'm being too aloof to you guys. HAHAHAHA Like, I would only post something here if I'm going on a long break or having to apologise for updating late and everything. I'll try my best to be more friendly with you guys! Especially with the replying of comments! HEEHEE! By the way, did anyone attend SMTOWN in Singapore? DO YOU AGREE WITH ME THAT IT WAS AWESOME? HAHAHAHAHA Alright, I got to go back to my school work now! HAVE A GOOD NIGHT EVERYBODY! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT! ENJOY READING MY LATEST CHAPTER THAT I WROTE JUST A FEW MINUTES AGO. ^^ 

That night when we were finally back at the hotel, I began to feel hungry.

“Anybody up for supper?”I asked loudly.

All of us were still along the corridor, all ready to go in our own suites. I looked at each and everyone of them with a hopeful face, wishing just one of them would want to go with me.

“I’ll pass. I don’t want my face to be bloated tomorrow,”Hyun-na shook her head.

“Not me. Unlike you, I will get fat,”Soobin replied.

“You know I don’t pass up a chance to eat but I’m really tired,”Taeri yawned.

“But you slept the whole way back,”I protested.

“And I need to continue sleeping,”her eyes were about to close.

“I’ll go with you, Haemin. I could get something to drink,”Donghae offered.

“Really?”I asked, excitedly.

He nodded his head with a smile. I turned to look at Hyukjae oppa who had been silent all this while. He looked at Donghae then at me.

“Since Donghae’s accompanying you, then I’ll go back into my room to rest abit,”he spoke up.

My heart sank. What happened to him? He never passes out a chance to eat. Yet here he was rejecting an opportunity. And why was he letting me eat with Donghae alone? Does he not care about me anymore? Why isn’t he coming along?

“Are you not hungry?”I asked.

“I am, a little but I’m tired. I don’t feel like going so you guys can go ahead without me,”he gave me a faint smile.

Soobin looked at him with a strange look and Hyukjae oppa said goodnight to everyone, closing the door behind him.

“What’s going on? He never lets Haemin go anywhere at night without him,”Hyun-na raised an eyebrow.

“I don’t know and I don’t care. At least not for the moment. I’m really tired. Night, guys,”Taeri went into her suite.

“I better get some rest too. See you all tomorrow morning,”Hyun-na smiled.

“Take care of Haemin, Donghae. Goodnight!”Soobin simply waved.

The whole corridor was empty except for Donghae and I.

“I’ll just put this bag of things into my room,”I said, rushing into my room to put it down.

All the way out of the hotel, I was silent, wondering what Hyukjae oppa was up to. He was so adamant about wanting me near him all the time yet….I was really beyond disappointed when he rejected my offer to get supper. Although I hate to admit it, being near him made me happy during the time in Disneyland and I was upset that it had ended. I wanted to prolong it a little longer but…

“Why are you sighing?”Donghae asked.

“I was?”I hadn’t noticed.

“Uh huh. What are you thinking of?”he asked with a smile.

“Nothing much actually,”I lied.

We were supposed to get proper food but I had lost my appetite all of a sudden. Changing my mind, I walked into a convenience store without even letting Donghae know beforehand.

“What do you want to eat?”he asked.

“I don’t feel like eating anymore. Just want to get a drink,”I opened the door to the fridge.

Scanning the contents, I grabbed a can but didn’t make it far for Donghae had his hand over mine.

“This is beer, Haemin. Soft drinks are on the other side,”Donghae said in a soothing tone.

“I’m not stupid, Donghae. I want a can of beer,”I exerted strength so that I could get the beer out before shutting the door.

“Are you alright?”he asked as I went to pay.

Opening the can, I took a mouthful of it, wincing at the bitter aftertaste.

“You were still okay earlier on. What did Hyukjae do to you?”he asked.

At the mention of his name, I sighed again.

“Do you think…he’s losing interest in me?”I asked.

“What? No. Hasn’t he made it obvious enough?”Donghae was bewildered.

“I don’t know. I’m confused…he was still okay with me on the way home. But why hadn’t he wanted to come for supper with us?”I explained.

“I’m not too sure as well. It’s really unlike him. He even sounded a bit unhappy,”Donghae agreed.

“What did I do now?!”I wailed, scaring Donghae.

“Relax, Haemin. It may not be something you’ve done,”he chuckled.

“He might be having his mood swings or it might be his work!”I clapped my hands together.

“Seriously, Haemin. You were so upset earlier on and now you’re all cheered up,”Donghae laughed.

“Well, beer does that to you. Wanna try some?”I offered him the can.

“No, thanks. But since you care for Hyukjae so much, why don’t you call him up and check on him?”he suggested.

“Are you crazy? It’s not like we have anything to do with each other,”I played with the hem of my sweater.

“Really? You really think that way? Then why were you so anxious over him earlier on?”he questioned.

“Well, we’re friends. So, I was just curious,”I lied.

“Okay then,”Donghae nodded his head.

The two of us headed back to the hotel but not before grabbing some bread from the convenience store. As I turned to the right towards my suite, I stole a glance at Hyukjae oppa’s door.  Was he asleep? Upon entering my suite, my eyes darted to the telephone sitting on my bedside table. Should I call him? What if I woke him up? But my worry for his strange behavior was too overwhelming. The phone rang for quite awhile before he finally picked up.

“Hello?”he answered.

“Did I wake you up?”I asked.

“Haemin?”his voice was a pitch higher and he didn’t sound sleepy anymore.

“Er, yeah. It’s me. I’m sorry for waking you up. Go back to sleep. I’ll see you tomorrow,”I blabbered.

“No, no. I’m awake. Don’t hang up!”he was almost shouting over the phone.

“Okay, okay! I won’t,”I nodded my head though he couldn’t see.

There was silence and I got a little awkward. I was the one who called yet I didn’t know what to say.

“So, erm, why did you call? Are you okay?”Hyukjae oppa spoke up.

“Yeah, I’m alright. Just…wondering if you were alright. I mean, you said you were hungry and all that. I have some bread with me. Would you like some?”I sounded stupid.

“Thanks, but I’m not hungry now,”he replied.

“Okay then….,”I was thinking of what else I could say.

“Is there something that you would like to say?”he asked, as if he wanted the call to end.

“Er…,”

My mind started racing and I felt like I was on fire. I didn’t want it to end but I didn’t know what to say to him. I wanted to ask if he was okay and everything. But…I was too shy.

“No. You can go back to sleep….,”I closed my eyes tight, regretting my words.

“You sure?”he asked.

“Ah, no, no!”I yelled into the phone.

“Are you okay?”Hyukjae oppa laughed, causing me to laugh as well.

“Yeah, I’m alright. I…I just wanted to ask if you’re feeling okay. You looked upset earlier on,”I picked up the courage to ask.

“Even if I wasn’t, I’m feeling much better because of your call. Thank you, Haemin, I really appreciate it,”I could imagine his gummy smile as he said it.

“You don’t have to be so formal with me. We’ve known each other for so long,”I lied in bed and it was just like how we were when we were still in high school.

How I would lie in bed at night to whisper sweet nothings into the phone for him. As I lay in bed, I got sleepy gradually and couldn’t suppress the yawn that came out.

“You’re tired, Haemin. Get some sleep. We’ll talk tomorrow, alright?”he said softly.

“Erm, okay,”I know I sounded a bit whiny but I didn’t care anymore.

“Goodnight, my dear. Sleep well,”he cooed.

“Goodnight, Hyukjae oppa,”and I had to bite the insides of my cheeks to resist saying the last few words that I wanted to say.

I love you.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel