So close, so far

It’s just the same story

BoA sat on the hospital chair beside Yoobin’s bed as she patted her hand. The little girl had been sleeping since the medical exams ended and BoA was calmer to know that her daughter only had a minor infection.

 

Yoochun entered the room silently and walked to BoA’s side.

 

“It will be better if she stays until tomorrow morning and then you take her to your house.” He said looking to his phone for any message.

 

And it was because of that that he didn’t notice BoA’s anxious expression.

 

It was valid reason for not going to work, and she was aware of that, but since she was about to be fired she couldn’t risk the last chance Mrs. Lee had given her.

 

“Yoochun…” She called him softly making him look at her.

 

“I need to go to work tomorrow, I need to arrive early…it’s my last opportunity to keep this job…I…” But she didn’t finish as Yoochun sighed deeply.

 

“Do you mean I need to take care of Yoobin tomorrow?”

 

“It’s your daughter too, you know?” She said with an offended tone.

 

“I never said she wasn’t…” He said crossing his arms. “I will take care of her tomorrow because you seem desperate, but you need to find a better job anyways.” He ended with a smirk and walked to the chair at the other side of the bed.

 

BoA couldn’t stand him. She was tired of dealing with his cocky attitude. But he was still Yoobin’s father and at least she knew she could trust that he would keep her little girl safe.

 

So the next morning after she said goodbye to Yoobin, she left the hospital early returning to her house to prepare for a long workday, only to meet the same scenario of every day.

 

The crowded bus welcomed her and when she finally managed to regain her balance she saw him.

 

Jaejoong was at the other side of the bus, almost at the end, while she was near the entrance but she could still feel his intense gaze.

 

It wasn’t the best place to talk, and she actually didn’t want to talk…

 

He had that look she wanted to avoid so badly and that she had only seen on him the day they broke up.

 

“This is turning so difficult; I don’t know what to do…” Those were her words and even when Jaejoong had agreed with her, his eyes showed confusion and disappointment just like now.

 

But she couldn’t get closer to him. It wasn’t only because of the people in the bus, but because she was afraid of admitting the truth.

 

Because there had been a moment when she thought she wouldn’t see him again and that it was better to start a new life.

 

And it was now that he had come back that all the feelings, the memories and regrets had surfaced and she was ashamed of the path she had chosen.

 

Because when she came to Seoul she had all the opportunities to accomplish her dreams, but she decided to trust Yoochun, the well known player; and now meeting Jaejoong was like a hitting the wall again after she had gotten over her parents and Junsu’s nagging and the gossip everywhere.

 

But she couldn’t continue thinking of it for the moment as she sat on her work desk, because even if Yoochun said that the job she had found was disappointing she was giving her best. She wanted to give the best to her daughter and she still wanted her dream to come true.

 

So filled with positive thoughts she started fixing all the paper work trying to forget Jaejoong’s face that seemed to appear in her mind more than she expected.

 

And it was on the other side of the city that Yoochun carried his daughter to her bedroom while she was still sleeping.

 

He covered her with a few blankets and kissed her forehead before going to the kitchen to prepare some soup.

 

After he finished, he returned to the room and smiled softly as he put the tray of food on Yoobin’s night table, every time he looked at her he noticed she looked so much like him.

 

She was a bright child that made him proud, but he still remembered the shock he had when he found about BoA’s pregnancy.

 

He would be lying if he said he didn’t want to escape the responsibility for a moment.

 

Because in that moment he knew his parents were going to be mad, his reputation would change and mostly, he would have a life changing and life lasting connection with the only woman he had ever felt love for.

 

………………………………………………………….

 

It was almost the end of lunch break and Jaejoong wondered when Junsu would appear at the door of the building since he hadn’t seen him in the morning.

 

But he couldn’t be more shocked as he discovered Junsu had traveled to the province to cover a local football tournament and would return in two days.

 

He hadn’t even ask him his phone number and the sports section was so busy that he couldn’t even talk to any of Junsu’s workmates.

 

Jaejoong sighed and decided to focus on his next report trying to forget all the questions he had on his mind and that he wanted to ask Junsu, BoA, anybody that would answer them.

 

……………………………………………………………………

 

Yoobin woke up again after sleeping for a few hours more only to find her dad sleeping on the small sofa on the same room.

 

She smiled and got up from the bed ready to tickle her dad with her small hands, but before she could reach him two strong hands lifted her and with a rapid movement she was on top of Yoochun who looked at her with a smile on his face.

 

“Daddy, I’m hungry…” She said patting her stomach.

 

He agreed with her before making her promise she would drink her medicine without complains after she ate her lunch.

 

So they started eating in the dining room when Yoochun’s phone started ringing.

 

He stood up and walked outside the room before he started talking without noticing his daughter was just behind him looking at him with curious eyes.

 

Because his attitude had changed when he looked who the caller was and Yoobin had noticed that on previous times.

 

He was obviously talking with a woman; he called her a bunch of pet names and agreed to meet her the next day. And Yoobin wondered why his dad was so affectionate with another woman and so cold towards her mother.

 

She was aware they weren’t together like another couple or like her friends’ parents, but she still hoped for them to be together again.

 

And when Yoochun finished the call and turned around, he gave an embarrassed smile to his daughter who stood behind him.

 

“Yoobin, uhh, we need to finish our lunch.” He said walking to the dining room before his phone rang again.

 

He looked at the caller while Yoobin bit her lip hoping he wouldn’t go away to answer. But Yoochun didn’t move. He only sighed before answering.

 

“Yeah, BoA, she is eating right now and will take her medicine after that….Yeah, she has slept for hours…I will take her to your house at 7.” He said with a monotonous voice, contrary to how he had talked before.

 

“Mommy!” BoA could hear her daughter’s voice from the other side of the line and she smiled before asking Yoochun to let her talk to the kid.

 

After that he hung up and they finished their lunch in silence.

 

But it was only because Yoobin had a big question on her head. It was a question she had always wanted to ask her father.

 

So when the awful flavor of the medicine was gone she sat next to her father in the living room waiting for him to look at her instead of his papers full of numbers.

 

“Daddy…” the little girl began making her father look at her.

 

“Did you ever love mom?” She finished saying with her eyes wide open.

 

Yoochun started coughing and rubbed the back of his neck.

 

“Well…yes…we loved each other.” He said softly.

 

“Why did you stop loving each other?” Yoobin insisted. Her mother had said it was…


“It is complicated…” Yoochun answered with the same words as BoA in the past.

 

“But…” Yoobin wasn’t going to quit.

 

“Then…who stopped loving who first?” She asked, now sitting on her father’s lap because it was obvious he was trying to escape from the situation.

 

“Yoobin you shouldn’t be asking these things, you should go to sleep.” Yoochun said with a serious tone before carrying his daughter as he stood up.

 

“I think it was mom, because she always looks at that picture with that guy…” Yoobin said almost like a whisper, but Yoochun heard her. And even when he heard he didn’t say a word because he silently agreed with her.

 

Because he believed they loved each other. The day he saw BoA he should have been in the airport saying goodbye to his parents who were going to China, but he decided to play that basketball match instead.

 

And since that day he felt that great attraction to the petite but strong girl that rejected him so many times before she returned his smile.

 

So after that signal he started wooing her more and more feeling how his emotions went deeper with each smile, word and hug. He felt different than with any other girl and when she accepted to be his girlfriend; happiness was all he could feel.

 

But as he got to know more about her he discovered how distant she was from him. That she was longing for someone in her heart and mind.

 

He felt cheated by her like that, so he pushed her limits, believing that by having her body with him and making her experience many things she never knew before he would be the one in her mind.

 

Because he felt he was fighting against a ghost and it pissed him off…and mostly because she wouldn’t say a word about it, about him, about that guy in the past that Yoochun certainly believed was ruining what could be his happiness for life.

 

Frustrated and angry because he felt like the second option, something he never was to any of his other girls, he went to that bar where he saw that girl.

 

Her short skirt and her amazing body and he let himself be pampered, feeling like he was everything in her mind at the moment. The only guy in her life.

 

Because he wanted BoA to make him feel like that, but the reality was different.

 

And even when he felt a great pain when they broke up after that, he was pissed off because BoA didn’t cry in front of him. Didn’t show him how much it hurt.

 

But it was in that moment, with her face covered with tears, that she confessed that she was pregnant that he realized how much pain this relationship had hurt both.

 

For a moment he wished the baby wasn’t his so he could be free from the pain of seeing her, but at the same time that gave him hope to stay by her side forever.

 

But surprisingly for him the words that came out of his mouth were the opposite of his feelings and he seemed to do the complete opposite than what he planned.

 

And that’s how the distance grew between them. BoA at her parents’ house and he in his own house. She stopped studying and he continued. She would easily get mad at him, but at she same time she would respond to his kisses with tears.

 

And years passed like that for them, with the only mission to take care of their daughter, until the day BoA’s parents returned to their small town and many things changed in BoA’s house. Because that day he saw the picture BoA had been hiding inside the wooden box. And he finally met the face of his long time rival.

 

But he still suppressed his thoughts when he saw it, because he had no right over BoA and because he was still a ghost he couldn’t fight.

 

But now he wondered if he could have a chance once again even when BoA looked at him with an annoyed face as he smiled at her with Yoobin in his arms.

 

Because with the girl he was dating now he knew he wasn’t going to develop a long time relationship.

 

So, would his chances have increased now?

 

Since Yoobin wanted her parents together, would it be good to tell her his plans to be with BoA once again?

 

And what would happen if Yoochun knew that the ghost had finally appeared in person? 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N) THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS! :)

*meeeyi: Thanks for your comment~!!! And oohhhh….I know Jaejoong is confused but I don’t think his feelings for BoA will vanish so fast….and well, BoA is not explaining anything, that’s making JJ more frustrated! And Su is gone! Who will explain JJ? Yoochun? XD….and well, here is everything Yoochun knows about JJ for now….let’s see when they meet…IF they meet XD

*FolderName: Thanks for your comment! And well, JJ already misunderstood but BoA is not explaining anything~!...Ottoke?! ….they should just say how much they love each other, no? XD

*JhenLuvsJayPark: Hi my dear dongsaeng! Thanks for your comment! I don’t know where are you from but here is already 14 so HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!!!! Hopefully you wont kill me for this chapter XD…btw my beta wishes you HB too~! I was pushing her to help me correct this chapter to upload it in your birthday hehe….and well, JJ already misunderstood but BoA is not explaining! Ottoke?!...and ohhhhh…SOOOORRY for making JJ suffer….but things are like that because of JJ and BoA’s decisions….they are at fault in this. I hope you like this update even when things just seem to turn even more complicated from this point. And I hope your classmates like it too! ^^ …I want to see that banner SO BADLY~! XD….that would definitely be an inspiration! :) PS: Hope you enjoyed your trip and good luck in everything you do, my 15 year old dongsaeng!