Minhyun x Eunseo (OC) - Thank you

Produce 101 Season 2 Oneshot Collection

[Request by @wannable_101! Thank you for the request and I'm so sorry for being so lateT_T Hope this is okay~]

#Song suggestion: Thank You (Evening by Evening) - Nu'est https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFNE3oEt8EE

"Finally, I’m telling you how I feel
I haven’t told you how thankful I am yet
Because I’m awkward, I couldn’t tell you

But I was always thankful that you were by my side"

"Oppa! You're finally here, welcome back!!" Eunseo's voice filled up the whole practice room.

Laughter filled the air as Dongho and Minki snickered at Minhyun, while Jonghyun and Aron grinned in their positions.

"Eunseo, it's sunbae not oppa." Minhyun quietly replied back, flustered that he was in the middle of the attention.

The four members of Nu'est had finally come to visit Pledis Entertainment after their second round of missions from Produce 101, and it was no doubt that Eunseo had only been waiting for this day ever since the program had started.

"But op- ah sunbae! I haven't seen you for a long time, and you seem like you lost weight too! And I saw you on the broadcast, it was great and.." Eunseo continued to talk, excited about the fact that her favourite idol and her crush was finally back in her sight.

Minhyun could only smile awkwardly at the younger girl, while s continued to send playful looks and teases at them.

"Well I guess Minhyun will be busy for today, we'll just be around the company if any of you guys need us." Jonghyun said, and dragged his three members out of the door.

"Wait but I-" Minhyun began to say, but stopped and sighed as Minki winked at him before closing the door.

"Sunbae, let's go to the cafe nearby the company! I can shout you if you want, I got some allowances from my parents because I did well in school this term!" Eunseo excitedly exclaimed, grabbing Minhyun's arm and walking towards the door.

Minhyun who was quite tired from hectic schedules and the excited younger sighed once again in his head, but had no choice but to follow.

 

The two were now in the cafe, with Minhyun absorbing his drink, and Eunseo talking non-stop to Minhyun about anything and everything.

Although Minhyun was quite tired, he was amused at Eunseo. Even when he scolded her and even when he had no strength to greet her, she was always happy in front of him and she never hid her feelings for him. However he couldn't help but stare into space due to the hard things he was currently going through.

"Sunbae, the other day I was listening to your songs and they were back on the chart! And all of my friends said that you looked the best in the 'Downpour' performance. They all said that I was so lucky to know you. And the other day, this person asked for my number but I said no because I-"

Eunseo who began to notice Minhyun's attitude stopped talking, but even then, Minhyun didn't notice the silence which overtook the two.

"Sunbae.. sunbae!" Eunseo tried to grab Minhyun's attention.

Minhyun who finally heard Eunseo's voice looked at her, but got surprised at Eunseo's dull face which he had never seen before.

"Maybe we should just go back to the company sunbae. Sorry this is rude, but I'll get up first. Sorry." Eunseo quietly murmered, and left the cafe after paying for the drinks.

Minhyun stared in awe at the sudden change in Eunseo, but felt awfully bad as he knew that it was all his fault. He sighed for the millionth time and put his head in his hands, feeling the guilt rush into him like a tsunami.

 

Eunseo avoided Minhyun as much as she could ever since that day, half because she was embarrassed and half because she felt that Minhyun was getting tired of her and her bold actions towards him.

Soon Minhyun had to go back into the Produce 101 training dorms without getting the chance to apologise to Eunseo as she did a great job at avoiding, leaving guilt to form a bigger space in his heart.

 

"9th place is... Pledis.. Hwang Minhyun, congratulations!" Eunseo saw BoA announce on the television, and her heart skipped a beat as the screen soon filled with Minhyun's face.

She smiled a little bit, but she felt her heart sting and slightly flinched at the pain.

'Oh well, this will end as time pass by. Shin Eunseo, you can do it. You can get over him, right?' she thought in her head as she got ready to go to sleep for the next day.

 

Eunseo arrived at the Pledis building the next day for another practice as a trainee. She opened the practice room, only to hear voices of men inside the room. She was curious about who would be there so she opened the door further, only to regret her actions.

The five members of Nu'est as well as some Seventeen members were scattered around the room, with smiles on their faces.

'They must have been talking about Produce 101.' Eunseo thought in her head.

She was about to close the door again as she saw Minhyun's face, but was caught by Seungkwan who was faster than her.

"Eunseo!!" he exclaimed, making everyone in the room stare towards her way.

"Uh, sorry sunbaenims, I'll get going now." she quietly said, closed the door and hurried away, making everyone confused.

"Did she not see you Minhyun? She would have come in if she knew that you were here. Right?" Dongho wondered out loud, as everyone else nodded along with him.

Minhyun who was frozen in his spot as he had seen Eunseo for the first time in quite a long time got back to reality, and immediately ran out of the door and began to search for the girl.

He soon found her sitting on one of the seats next to the vending machine, and he immediately approached her.

Eunseo who heard footsteps looked towards where it was coming from, but quickly looked away after realising that it was Minhyun and stood up to walk away.

"Shin Eunseo, don't walk away." Minhyun firmly said, making Eunseo freeze in her spot.

"Ah sunbaenim.. congratulations for getting into Wanna One. I have practice now, so I must go." Eunseo said, trying to get out of this situation as soon as possible.

"Eunseo, please. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry for hurting your feelings." Minhyun said as he softly made eye contact with the female, making her blush.

"No, you don't have to say sorry you-" Eunseo started, but was cut off.

"No. I need to say sorry and I also need to tell you something else as well. I'm finally telling you how I feel, because I was awkward all this time and couldn't find the courage. I haven't told you how thankful I am yet, but I was always thankful that you were by my side. I know I always scolded you and I was never really kind to you despite you always confessing to me. I don't know why I was like that. But after seeing your pained face and not being able to see you for weeks and weeks, it really hurt me as well. And I missed you." Minhyun said as his ears began to go red.

Eunseo who was redder than Minhyun felt her brain go all white and her knees were beginning to wobble at the sudden confession.

She could do nothing but open and close as she didn't know what to say, when Minhyun embraced her into a hug.

"Thank you Shin Eunseo."