Eunki x Ahyoung (OC) - Who will love you?

Produce 101 Season 2 Oneshot Collection

[Request by @femmiebindi! Thank you for always giving me great requests and reading my stories! Sorry for being so lateT_T]

#Song suggestion: Skinny Love - Birdy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNzCDt2eidg

"Who will love you?"

Eunki's POV

It was the afternoon of the fourth day since the beginning of Produce 101, and I was in an extremely bad mood, because my rank fell from a C to a D after the second evaluation of having to sing 'Nayana'.

"Hey Eunki hyung, cheer up! You can improve to get better from now on. Right?" Hwanwoong consoled as he patted my shoulder.

I could only sigh, but I slowly nodded to not disappoint Hwanwoong.

 

We were put into the recording studio for the second time today, the first time being when we were choosing the center. I wasn't listening to what BoA teacher was saying, because I was still deep in thoughts about my rank dropping.

Suddenly, everyone around me clapped and cheered, making me come back to reality.

"What happened?" I asked Jung Jung who was seated next to me, and he looked back at me in shock.

"Hyung, you did not hear? A special guest is coming today!" he replied while showing his biggest smile.

My face lightened up, but soon went back into a gloomy mode as I thought, 'The guest probably won't notice me, I'm in D rank now. They'll probably think that I have no talent at all.'

 

As much as my mood wasn't in the best condition right now, I still decided that I shouldn't be showing a bad attitude and concentrate on the recording. Soon, I heard BoA sunbaenim say on the microphone, asking the special guest to come out.

I stared towards the recording studio entrance, curious to see who the guest was. My eyes soon widened as I saw my biggest role model ever. Kwon Ahyoung.

"Please welcome Kwon Ahyoung, solo singer of SM Entertainment, and also known as Little BoA! I specially invited her today because I thought it would motivate you guys to work harder. You know how much work Ahyoung put in for her debut, right?" BoA sunbaenim said, as my eyes were fixed on Ahyoung.

Ahyoung was a SM Entertainment solo artist, and was also known as Little BoA as she gained lots of fame ever since she debuted, and was also greatly talented. She was the same age as me, and she was my role model ever since she debuted as she especially majored in modern dance.

"Hello everyone, I'm Kwon Ahyoung! I hope I will give at least a little bit of healing to you guys today! So today... we'll be having a dance battle! Please show me your skills~"

 

Everyone was keen to show their skills. They went on the stage as soon as the music started, and showed off their amazing dances. I held myself back at first, as I was more confident in dancing to slower songs than upbeat songs.

After a few dance, a song which I knew so well came on. Skinny love. I immediately went on the stage and began to dance.

I was so immersed in my dancing that I didn't notice my surroundings, but I suddenly heard loud gasps and whispers. This made me look to my right, only to see Ahyoung standing next to me, eyeing my movements carefully.

She soon began to dance with me and naturally, we danced in sync, creating a small collaboration on the spot.

After the dance, cheers and whistles erupted in the whole studio.

"Sorry for intruding into your stage, but I couldn't help. It was really great." Ahyoung said while putting her hand out for a handshake.

"No it's fine sunbaenim, thank you so much." I replied back, going for the handshake.

Maybe my day wasn't so bad after all.

 

"Eunki, you're next up for interviews!" Kenta hyung called out for me, and I immediately got up to get myself ready for the camera.

It was after dinner, and all trainees were either resting, getting interviewed, or getting ready for the interviews.

"Tell us some stories of you and dancing." the staff asked, making me gulp.

"Actually, my father was embarrassed of the fact that I danced. So I had to dance in secret.. I had really low confidence before, because my father's attitude towards my dancing made me think that I was worthless. I used to think, 'Who would love me?' I was really desperate, desperate to show my skills and I think Ahyoung sunbaenim really encouraged and helped me today. I feel really thankful towards her right now."

After the emotional interview, I went outside of the training center for some time and fresh air.

"I'm glad I got to help and encourage you." I heard a feminine voice behind me, and I jumped in surprise.

Standing behind me was Ahyoung with a slight smile, and I could see her van a few metres behind her.

"Sorry if I startled you, I was just about to leave but then I saw you by yourself and decided to visit for a bit. And also, I listened to your interview unintentionally a few minutes ago. I kind of got lost around the center but then heard voices so I approached it, only to see you getting interviewed. I'm sorry I eavesdropped."

"No it's fine sunbaenim, thank you a lot for today. It was really encouraging." I said back sincerely.

"Thank goodness, I was worried you might not like the fact that I suddenly joined you." she said.

We spent a good few minutes talking with each other, about modern dance, about strict parents, and about debuting. Soon, Ahyoung's manager called her from the car to leave, and she got up.

I was just about to open my mouth to say goodbye to her, when she began to speak first.

"Oh yeah, you said you wondered if anyone will love you before.." she started, and I felt my throat getting dry. What was she going to say afterwards?

"Who will love you, Hong Eunki?" she asked.

"Uh..." I stuttered, not knowing what to say.

"I will." she said as she winked, then ran right into her van.

I stood there, zoned out. Did she just say that? Today definitely wasn't a bad day. In fact, it might possibly be the best day of the year. And it was only March.