Jihoon x Yoonji (OC) - Miss Right

Produce 101 Season 2 Oneshot Collection

[Request by @wannable_101! Thank you for the request and hope you enjoy~ Also thank you for understanding my tardiness TT_TT]

#Song suggestion: Miss Right - BTS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmjISSgMhLk

"If I'm with you, anywhere we go is a flower garden"

It was the day of the school trip for the third grade of SOPA students, as their last little treat before having to concentrate on their college entrance exams.

Even Jihoon, the Wink Boy of Wanna One got up early that morning from his dorm just to make it to the trip, as he didn't want to miss out on his last special memory with his school friends.

"Woah, Park Jihoon is here?" "He's so good looking..." "Do you think I can get a photo with him?" "Wow, he surely is an idol!"

Jihoon could whispers as he walked into the school gates, and blushed at all the compliments which all students were saying at him.

"Park Jihoon!! You're here?" one of his friends said excitedly as Jihoon walked towards them, surprised at the sight of Jihoon being at school.

"Yeah, of course! I didn't want to miss out on the last school event. But.. where are we going today? Why are you guys all dressed like you're going hiking?" Jihoon replied.

"That's because we ARE going hiking, Jihoon. Someone obviously missed out on the dress code." his friend replied again, sighing towards Jihoon who had no idea about today's plan.

"Wait, we're going to the mountains?! But.. my clothes look like we're going to sightseeing! Oh my goodness.." Jihoon drifted away as he looked down at his clothes, internally facepalming himself.

"3rd grade, assemble here now!" the teacher's voice cut Jihoon's thoughts, and Jihoon sighed while walking towards the assembling area.

'Oh well, I'll live." Jihoon thought as he walked.

 

"Okay, we'll rest for five minutes now! Drink water, sit down, and cool down! We're around halfway there, so get that energy up!" the teacher announced, making all the students immediately sit down on the floor and take their bags off.

The walk in the mountains was rougher than everyone had thought, and it was quite hard for Jihoon to survive in jeans.

Jihoon rested on a huge rock as he drank water and wiped his sweat away. He then rested his head against his bag which was placed on his lap, but soon fell asleep due to the tiredness from the hike, as well as hectic students from his debut until now.

"Okay, five minutes of rest is finished now! Get up children, let's do this!" the teacher once again exclaimed, earning groans from the rest of the students.

Seeing that Jihoon was still asleep, Jihoon's friends decided to walk at the end of the bunch of students, so that Jihoon could sleep for at least a few more minutes.

"Jihoon, wake up! We're going now. We're already at the end of the line. Let's goo!!" his friends shouted, making Jihoon startled as he woke up from his sweet dream.

"Ahh, I see.... let's go.." Jihoon sleepily said, and got up from his sitting position.

Jihoon and his friends walked behind a female student who was noticeably very slow, making them feel quite frustrated.

"Why is she walking so slow?" one friend whispered, making another shrug his shoulders.

Jihoon looked closely at the girl, and soon recognised her backside. It was his longtime crush, Yoonji. He soon remembered his friend Yehyeon, also from Produce 101 and in the same class as Yoonji, telling him that she recently injured herself while preparing for a performance. Jihoon assumed that Yoonji wouldn't be here today because of the injury, but he guessed that luck was on his side.

Jihoon told his friends to be quiet as she was being slow due to her injury, and made sure to walk slower on purpose to make sure that Yoonji didn't feel bad for them for being too slow.

Soon, Jihoon reached his limit of walking in his tight jeans, and signalled his friends to continue walking while he rested for a few seconds and rolled his jeans up.

"But what if you get lost?" one of his friends said in concern.

"I'll be able to at least catch up to Yoonji, right? It's okay, don't worry!" Jihoon replied, assuring that he will be fine.

His friends soon left and Jihoon fell to the ground, trying to catch his breath and to also fidget with his jeans to see if he could make them at least a little bit less uncomfortable.

Soon, he decided to walk again, and surely enough, he caught up to Yoonji in no time. However to his dismay, it seemed like Yoonji didn't have an idea of where she was going either, judging by her actions of continuously looking around and tilting her head.

"Uhh.. Yoonji?" he called out, and he saw the girl in front of him jump in surprise.

"Yes..?" Yoonji turned around to face Jihoon, as she replied to his calling.

"Uhm.. Hi.. Do you know where you're going?" he asked, hoping that she would reply with a positive answer.

"To be honest, no.. I got lost because everyone was walking too fast for me.. I kind of have an injury, so..." she drifted off.

Deciding that there was nothing that the two could do about this situation, the two students decided to just sit together until others came to look for them.

Silence wrapped the awkward atmosphere, and while Jihoon wanted to start a conversation, he was too nervous.

"Aren't you... afraid? You seem really calm." Yoonji broke the silence, causing Jihoon to stare at her in surprise.

"I mean.. it's just the two of us here, there's nobody else and we don't know what might happen.. But you don't seem bothered by this.. To be honest, I'm a little bit scared.." Yoonji said nervously, while wondering if she had said anything wrong on the inside.

"Hmmm.. I'm not scared,because if I'm with you.. anywhere we go is a flower garden." Jihoon said, while giving a shy, slight smile.

This time, it was Yoonji's turn to get surprised.

"Wait.. what?" she said in disbelief.

"If I were to be honest here, I liked you ever since first grade Yoonji. At Orientation Day, I just happened to see you by yourself at the vending machine outside the school, and you looked really beautiful.. In the past three years, many things happened. We are no longer first graders, but three. I am no longer a trainee I was before, but a member of an idol group now. We are no longer 16 year olds, but 18. You no longer have long, wavy hair, but shoulder-length straight hair. But my feelings for you never changed Yoonji.." Jihoon confessed quietly.

But seeing Yoonji freeze in her spot gave him bad feelings.

"I don't know.. I mean, I don't expect you to like me back or give me any answers, I just wanted to express myself.. to you, I guess.. Just pretend that you didn't hear this! Hahaha.." he awkwardly said, trying to get rid of his embarrassment from his confession.

"But if I pretend that I didn't hear this confession.. it means that I can't confirm my feelings for you.. I like you too, Jihoon.. I was just surprised, so I was frozen.." Yoonji replied, with blush creeping up her face.

Jihoon immediately hugged the female, surprising her once again. But she soon also wrapped her arms around the boy, as they both smiled out of happiness.

"Park Jihoon!! Yoonji!!"

Jihoon and Yoonji yelped out of surprise for the 100th time today, and quickly shifted away from each other as they heard voices nearby.

"Sir, we found them!!!" Jihoon's friends shouted as they saw Jihoon and Yoonji from a few metres away.

"So I guess we found a lot of things today.. We found love AND the way back to our friends." Jihoon cheekily said, making Yoonji smile shyly.

Dating the nation's celebrity was going to be hard, but she was willing to face the challenges with her Mr. Right.