Woo Jinyoung x Hayeon (OC) - U Who?

Produce 101 Season 2 Oneshot Collection

[Request by @wannable_101 :D Hope you enjoy this story and thank you so much for the upvote! TT_TT <3]

#Song suggestion: 유후 (U Who?) - Yoo Seungwoo (ft. San E) https://youtu.be/Wy-BPGZUTwA

"No one else will know how nervous I am, can I get your number?"

Jinyoung's POV

It was a few days after I got eliminated from Produce 101. After taking a bit of a rest at home and consoling myself from sadness, I decided that I should go outside and get some fresh air.

I began to walk around my local area which I missed so badly, as I wasn't able to visit for a while due to the trainee life. I smiled as I inhaled the fresh air, when suddenly a loud noise disturbed me.

It was my stomach sending me signals, telling me that I was hungry. I then realised that I was so desperate to go out that I didn't even eat my own breakfast before leaving home.

I dragged myself to the closest convenience store. Inside stood a worker who seemed to be around my age. She was beautiful, and no words could explain how beautiful she was.

With a slender neck, long hair tucked back with an innocent and pure facial expression, I think I fell in love at first sight. I looked at her name tag: Jin Hayeon. Even her name sounded beautiful.

Was I staring at her for too long or did she recognise me? I must have been doing 1, 2, or both, because she also began to stare at me with a confused look on her face.

"Ah, sorry... uh, yeah.." I muttered, and she swiftly chuckled while telling me that it was okay.

I looked away out of embarrassment and went to the cup ramyun section, putting myself into a deep dilemma of which ramyun to eat. I began to intensely stare at all the cup ramyuns on the shelves, but soon saw Hayeon at the back, and she took my gaze away once again.

I was zoning out towards her way again, when suddenly, I heard a very familiar tune. She had changed the music in the convenience store to 'Mansae' by Seventeen sunbaenim. This caught my attention, as this was the song which I performed in the first mission of Produce 101. It made my hopes go up, and I wondered if she played this song on purpose because she recognised me.

I gained a little bit of confidence as I imagined that she knew who I was, and decided to finally choose the ramyun to eat. After a few more minutes of being in a dilemma, I ended up choosing spicy hot chicken noodles, grabbed a bottle of milk and walked cooly to the counter.

After letting out a little cough, I asked, "Hm, could I get these two items please?"

"Ah, yes of course." she replied while slightly smiling.

She took the items and scanned them, and told me the price. I waited for the moment where she would look at me and tell me about how she saw me on Produce 101, but.. nothing was happening.

"Uhm..." I started off without thinking twice, and immediately regretted my choices.

"Yes, may I help you?"

"Uhh, no. So- sorry about that." I stuttered, and immediately facepalmed myself on the inside at my stupidity.

I saw the sides of go up as she looked at me, and my confidence went up again just at this small action.

"Uhm.. have you seen me somewhere before?" I blurted out, and wanted to slap myself again.

"Uh... I don't quite recall.. Do you live around here?" she asked, and at this moment I realised 100% that she did not have a clue on who I was, or even what Produce 101 was.

"Ahh.. yes, I do live here but I meant maybe on a television show.. no?" I asked nervously.

"Ahhh... sorry, no I don't think so.." she replied, giving me an apologetic smile.

"Ohh.. I was on a show called Produce 101 this year, and I performed this song Mansae as one of the missions!" I said, hoping that it would maybe trigger her memory.

"Oh I see.." she drifted off.

"I have a famous line you see, it's 'Woo Jinyoung micheotji'.. uhh.. no?" I shot an awkward laugh.

"Ahh... no.. I'm so sorry, I haven't watched television shows for a while because my life is just university then work then university then work..." she said.

"Ah no, it's really fine! It's okay hahah, sorry if I sounded too weird on our first meeting. Hahah, I'm Woo Jinyoung by the way." I replied back while assuring that it was really okay for her to not know me.

"Ah hi, I'm Jin Hayeon. Nice to meet you haha." she said.

Our conversation continued on and it turned out that she really was in fact my age.

The more I talked to Hayeon, the more deeply I fell for her. And it was only my first time meeting her. In the midst of our conversation, I happened to look down at the watch on my wrist, and gasped at the time. I had already been here for more than an hour, where I spent around 15 minutes staring at her, 15 minutes trying to explain who I was to her, and half an hour talking with her.

Hayeon seemed to notice my reaction, and asked if I should be going now.

"Hahah, yeah I guess so.. Well I hope to see you again, Hayeon. It was really nice meeting you, and sorry for my weird actions at first." I said as I scrunched my face at the thought of myself from before.

"It's okay Jinyoung, it was really funny. It was nice meeting you too, I hope to see you again!" she said.

I turned around to leave the convenience store, but I felt an empty space in my heart. I stopped in my position for a few seconds. Should I talk to her more or just leave it here?

'Come on Woo Jinyoung, since when did you think this much?' I thought to myself, and without another thought, I turned around and walked towards the counter again as my heart started to beat quickly.

"Yes Jinyoung? Did you forget something?" she asked.

"No.. Hayeon. No. I bet no one else will know how nervous I am right now, but.. can I get your number?" I said and immediately avoided eye contact while rubbing the back of my neck out of embarrassment.

I waited for a response, but nothing came. I began to turn my gaze back to her, only to see her grinning in front of me. I made a confused face, and she grinned wider.

"Well I need your phone to put my number in, right?"