Hyunbin x Yooeun (OC) - I Know Already

Produce 101 Season 2 Oneshot Collection

[Request by @femiebindi~ I hope you like it! Sorry if it's not what you thought of it to be TT_TT]

#Song suggestion: 다알아 (I Know Already) - Phantom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtAytNT_dqI

"You who even embraced my mistakes, I will hug you now. You're my last... you know right."

Hyunbin's POV

I stepped into the lecture room for the first time ever since the airing of Produce 101 Season 2. I could feel silence in the big hall as soon as other university students began to take notice of me. I wasn't sure if it was because of my newly dyed cherry red hair, or if it was because of the amout of criticisms I received due to my attitude in preparing for the 'Sorry Sorry' performance.

I began to ignore all the stares and walked towards where my friends were seated. They all greeted me slightly and consoled me about the evil editing that I got caught up into, telling me that it will all be okay and that I just needed to work a bit harder to prove myself back to that national producers.

When the lecture was about to start and the hall went silent, I looked over to my right, where she was sitting. Lee Yooeun, another model trainee. I knew that she had a soft spot for me, I could see it on her face. Although she was a quiet and non-talkative girl, she always gave me encouraging words and warm smiles. When I became sick, she offered me medicine and water. Her sparkling eyes and innocent expressions all told me that she liked me. And I was really thankful that I had someone next to me, making me who was a nobody become a special person.

However, I wasn't sure if she would still look at me the same way after Produce 101. Produce 101 episodes showed that I was a lazy guy. That I was a lacking guy. That I was a lacking guy, but also a guy who didn't want to improve. That I was a guy who didn't care if it caused negative impacts to the team.

Usually when I look at Yooeun, she would look back and smile at me, but today was different. She stayed in her seat, her eyes fixed to the front of the class, and refusing to look in my direction.

Throughout the whole lecture, my eyes were on her and my head was only filled with her. It made me wonder if my actions on the program also made her disappointed.

 

The lecture which seemed to be 20 hours finally finished, and while everyone headed towards the door to leave, I rushed to get to Yooeun, who was taking her time to pack her things. I came to a halt as I started doubting myself. What was I going to say when I get to her? Will she even like me anymore? But she already noticed me standing there, and gave me a confused look.

"Uh... hi, hi.. Yooeun.." I stuttered, not knowing what else to say.

"Oh, hi Hyunbin." she replied, showing a slight eye smile.

My heart melted at her smile and at that moment, I knew that I couldn't let go of someone who I was so thankful to. I needed her by my side.

"Uh, I was wondering uhm, you know with Produce 101.. My attitude came out really badly on the show and I, I didn't mean it like that, I mean I -" I started, but soon got cut off.

"It's okay Hyunbin, I know." Yooeun said softly, giving a small smile.

"I know that you're not a person like that in real life, I know that you work hard for your dreams. I know that you didn't mean to cause trouble in the team. It's okay, I know it all." she said.

I felt my heart starting to beat faster and my eyes getting watery at the touching words.

"Thank you for always caring for me. Thank you for making me the main character when even I doubted myself in this world full of stories. Because of you, I was always able to gain strength and live on. I know already that you were always beside and behind me, making sure that I was okay. And I'm really thankful for that. You who even embraced my mistakes, I will hug you now. You're my last... you know that right?" I said.

"Of course I do, my love." she replied.

I pulled her into my warm embrace, and she wrapped her arms around my waist while leaning her small head onto my shoulder.

Produce 101 Season 2 was going to be a rough journey for me and I knew that I was going to face many hardships, but with Yooeun by my side, I think I can go through it all.

 

 

 

+ Thank you for the upvote @ilovedara <3 <3 And also thank you for all the requests :D I'll try my best to make good one shots T_T