Kenta x Jihye (OC) - Baby U

Produce 101 Season 2 Oneshot Collection

[Request by @AJarOfHyunnie~ I hope this is okay, please enjoy :DD]

#Song suggestion: Baby U - Teen Top https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOP4-aExen8&feature=youtu.be

"Just by seeing your smile, I smile as well. Hold my hand and stay by me." 

{the bold words will be Japanese spoken by Kenta ^^ (I actually know 0 Japanese though, so yeah please understand xD)}

"Takada..Kenta? It's your turn!" Jihye called out to the boy sitting by himself on the sofa in the corner of the make up room.

Kenta looked up with confusion when he heard his name, then realised that he was getting called for make up.

'Ahh, right. make up.' He thought as he approached the young-looking female who was getting the make up ready.

It was the first recording date of Produce 101, and Kenta who was the only trainee from his company hadn't made any friends yet. That was why he was surprised when somebody called his name. He hoped that the other trainees would be nice, and that they would accept him even though he wasn't Korean.

'It's okay Kenta, you can do this!' he thought to himself as he sat down in front of Jihye.

"Hi~ nice to meet you! I'm Jihye and I'm going to be your make up artist until Produce 101 ends!" she said kindly, making Kenta feel at ease.

Jihye and Kenta got along well, and they even discovered that they were the same age. They promised to be friends and Kenta was content that he had made a friend already, although she wasn't one of the trainees.

The two got along well together as they talked about anything and everything. Kenta even told her about his stories back in Japan, and how he was the biggest Teen Top fan out. Jihye, also being an Angel (Teen Top's fanclub name ^^) related with Kenta well, and their conversation never stopped.

Kenta felt himself falling for Jihye as time passed, and even talked about her to Eunki, his favourite friend and dongsaeng out of all 101 trainees.

 

Once when Jihye was doing Kenta's make up, she accidentally dropped one of the make up brushes on the floor. On her way of getting up from picking the brush off the ground, she bumped her head on one of the make up tables.

"Ouch...." she whispered, and couldn't seem to get up from her position due to the pain.

"That was too adorable..." Kenta muttered under his breath, in case she could understand him.

However seeing that Jihye showed no reactions, he assumed that she couldn't understand Japanese at all, even the simple words.

Kenta lightly smiled before getting up from his seat and helping Jihye up while gently rubbing her head.

 

Another time, Kenta made a lame joke, but Jihye still smiled and laughed, making Kenta smile along as well.

"Wait, Kenta why are you laughing? You made the lame joke and you laugh a few seconds after making the lame joke?" Jihye asked.

"Just by seeing your smile, I smile as well." Kenta replied.

Jihye understood what Kenta had said as she learnt Japanese since middle school and still continues to know, but decided to pretend she didn't know what he said. She however couldn't hide small blushes that crept up her cheeks.

"Huh? I mean, I don't know how to say this in Korean, haha. Maybe I should practice a little bit more, and I will tell you when I can if I remember later!" Kenta awkwardly laughed the question off.

"But Jihye, your face is red! Are you okay?" Kenta asked, trying to change the topic of the conversation.

This time, Jihye awkwardly replied with, "Ah, it's starting to feel a little bit hot, don't you think?", but her awkward reply worked to Kenta as he was still embarrassed about what he confessed in Japanese.

 

It was soon the recording for Episode 10 already, and this meant the 3rd round of eliminations.

"Kenta, you can do it! You did so well in the 'Open Up' performance, I think it's also partly thanks to my make up skills, hahah!" Jihye tried to console Kenta, who was already thinking that he would get eliminated this time.

Seeing that Kenta was still down and looking sad, Jihye decided to put some courage into him.

"Kenta, look at me in the eyes. Seriously, you are great. Your Korean pronunciation is almost perfect, you can sing well, and you can dance well. I even heard all the trainer teachers complimenting you the other day about your skills! You also have the nicest personality I have ever seen, and I'm so grateful that I got to meet you and become your friend. Don't lose hope, okay?" she said, earning a nod from Kenta.

Soon, Kenta was done with make up and as Jihye turned around to get ready for the next trainee to do make up on, Kenta said softly, "Thank you, I won't forget you no matter what happens. You were my first friend I met in Produce 101 and will also be my best. I've never seen them before, but I think angels must resemble you. I like you Jihye, and I'll miss you after this."

Kenta walked away after saying this, and Jihye who heard everything while facing away from him felt a whole heap of emotions crash into her. She felt touched and thankful that someone as kind, as handsome and as talented as Kenta liked her and she felt the same way, but she also felt heartbroken that this sounded like a goodbye message and he didn't say it to her in Korean.

Just like Kenta had expected and Jihye had worried, he was eliminated with the rank of 24th. Jihye who heard the news from the make up room sighed heavily as the moment she had never wanted to come had happened.

After the recording, the trainees came back into the make up room and when Kenta walked in, he smiled softly and weakly at Jihye. Without a word, Jihye gave him a hug and patted his back while whispering, "You did well. Very well Kenta. I'm proud of you."

Jihye hoped that Kenta would express his feelings towards her before he left, but his last words were just a simple 'good bye, I'll miss you a lot. Let's keep in touch'.

Like that, Jihye and Kenta parted from each other.

 

It was soon the day of their Finale Concerts. Jihye and Kenta met again ever since Episode 11, when Kenta came as an eliminated trainee.

"You seem like you got prettier in the two weeks I haven't seen you for." Kenta softly murmured to himself as Jihye finished his make up, expecting her to not understand.

Just as Kenta was about to stand up and leave, Jihye felt like she needed to take the action first.

"Takada Kenta, stop right there. I learnt Japanese ever since middle school, and I still do. I understood every single thing you said about me in Japanese, from when you first called me cute to when you called me prettier just then." Jihye confronted him, making Kenta widen his eyes in surprise.

"You.. you knew?!" Kenta shrieked, putting his hands on his mouth.

"Yeah.. Sorry I didn't tell you earlier, but I just wanted to see how you felt about me.. haha.. But how come you never told me in Korean? How come you never told me in a confident way, Kenta?" she asked softly.

"I thought you wouldn't accept me.. I'm not Korean, and I'm not the best at Korean. I'm still lacking, and so I thought I would only be a friend to you..." Kenta replied with nervousness.

"Kenta, I do like you. I like you as much as you like me so hold my hand and stay by me. Okay?"

"I love you."

"Good, now make me proud by doing your best up on the stage and come back to me after the concert."

And with that, Kenta ran away towards the stage with a bright smile on his face, feeling flattered and also embarrassed.