Daniel x Heeji (OC) - Energetic

Produce 101 Season 2 Oneshot Collection

[Request by @wannable_101! I am so so sorry for being so late TT_TT Hope this is okay!]

#Song suggestion: Energetic - Wanna One https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVaV7AwqBWg

"I don't like those other guys next to you"

Daniel's POV

I could feel my heart skip a beat as I stood in front of the door. I already knew what was going to happen - I was going to open the door, she was going to ask why I was here again, I'm going to tell her that I have a legitimate reason today and when I show her my right thumb, she's going to scold me for not taking care of myself.

I grinned at the thought of this, and twisted the door knob to open the door widely.

"Daniel, you're here again?" she asked as soon as she saw me.

Bingo, I was right.

"I have a real reason today noona." I replied.

She asked me what it was, and I showed her my thumb. It looked pretty bad even to me, and I was no professional.

"Daniel! You really need to take care of that thumb, you always get that one injured. If you want to continue b-boying and dancing, you need to be careful!" she scolded.

I laughed as all of my thoughts became reality, and she looked at me with a confused look. She shrugged it off as I continued to laugh, and led me to a seat to treat my thumb.

We stayed in silence as she focused on examining my thumb, and I focused on staring at her cute face which was filled with concentration. I knew that I shouldn't be thinking or looking at her in this way, but I couldn't help it. First of all, she was a noona and she didn't like younger guys. Second of all, she was our team doctor, and it's definitely a no no for a celebrity to date one of the staff members. But despite the two obstacles, I still liked her dearly. The way she scrunches her nose when she concentrates, the way she lightly hits me whenever I come into her room for treatment, and this might sound crazy, but even the way she slightly scolds me for being so careless.

"Noona, you watched us on Kcon, right? How did you find it?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"It was great, I didn't think you guys would perform 'Never'! I liked it. You guys were so popular!" she said, as she finally looked away from my thumb and moved her gaze to my face.

I could feel my heart beginning to beat faster and my ears go red, and I tried to sing the national anthem to calm down.

"I looked the coolest, right?" I said with a smile, expecting a positive answer.

"No, I think Seongwu looked the coolest." she replied, making my smile turn into a slight frown.

I looked down to look at her facial expressions, only to see a mischievous smile on her face.

"I'm just joking, you all looked great!" she laughed.

I was still disappointed on the inside, but I managed to force out a laugh and pretended that what she said was the funniest thing on earth.

The room turned silent once again, as she began to properly treat my finger. I continued to stare at her beautiful face, as certain words kept on lingering in my head.

'Noona, what do you think of me?' I repeated the thought in my head over and over again, rehearsing the same line to see how it would sound the best.

"What?"

My train of thought was interrupted and I came back into reality to see noona staring at me, her eyes wide open in surprise.

"Huh?" I asked back.

"Did you just.. ask me what I think of you?"

"Did I just... say that out loud?"

She nodded.

Great, Kang Daniel.

I decided that there was no backing out now, and I needed to just confess how I felt about her.

"Noona, do you want to go out with me?" I said, looking at her straight in the eye.

"Daniel but I-"

"Noona, I liked you since the first day I met you. When you came into our practice room to say hi to us for the first time, I fell in love. I know it may sound cliché, but it really happened. That's why I always visited your room, even if I wasn't too ill. I just wanted to see your face once more." I blurted out, while trying to calm my nervous mind down.

"But I'm 3 years older than you, and you just debuted around 2 weeks ago..! You're the hottest celebrity right now and I'm just a team doctor. And you're a dongsaeng that I car-"

"Noona, 3 years is nothing. I look older than you anyway. I debuted 2 weeks ago yes, but so what? It doesn't change the fact that I still like you. I don't like those other guys next to you, I think I look better with you. Even if I'm younger." I interrupted her once again.

This time, she didn't reply. She stayed frozen in her spot for a few seconds, as she looked like she was in a big dilemma. I could see her shifting her gaze from right to left, then left to right, showing signs of feeling confused and awkward.

"Noona, please just give me one chance. You may not be familiar with dating a younger guy, but I can guarantee that I like you more than any guy in this world and I can treat you really well." I almost pleaded.

"..Ine.." she whispered, and I didn't hear it properly.

"Sorry?" I asked, asking her to repeat it again.

"F-fine..!" she said with a flustered face, but a bit more loudly this time.

"Really?" I asked as I widened my eyes, and when she nodded, I got up from my seat and lifted her up.

"Wait no Daniel! I'm heavy and you can't just use your injured finger like that!" she shrieked as she was lifted up into the air and into my embrace.

"Oh well, I guess I'll have to visit you more often for even more treatment then." I smiled.