Donghyun x Jihyun (OC) - You look pretty

Produce 101 Season 2 Oneshot Collection

#Suggested song to listen to while reading this oneshot: 예뻐보여 (You look pretty) - Donghyun (Brand New Music) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOe_P8h7ag8
[Donghyun made this song himself~]

"You look really pretty, pretty, I think I've really gone crazy."

Donghyun's POV

She was just a fellow trainee at Brand New Music, nothing special. We got accepted into the company at the same time, and therefore started practicing at the same time too.

She was the only other trainee who was the same age as me, so we were able to relate to a lot of things. The amount of school work we had to do, our grades, our thoughts on certain trainers at the company, and our worries about the future.

We soon became close, to the point where everyone asked if we were siblings, and always mentioned us together.

"Hyung, noona! Are you sure you guys aren't siblings? Kim Donghyun, Kim Jihyun. Even your names are similar!" Daehwi questioned.

"Kim Donghyun and Kim Jihyun, stop mocking around with the mops and clean the practice room properly!" Youngmin said in an irritated voice making Donghyun and Jihyun flinch for a second, but soon get back into a playful mode.

"Hyung, I think Donghyun hyung and Jihyun noona sometimes act younger than me.." Woojin sighed to Youngmin at the sight of the two 98 liners chasing each other around the practice room.

Our friendship was at its best, without her there was no me, and without me, there was no her.

We were always together. We went to watch movies together after practices at 1am, we practiced songs and dances together, we ate together after school, and we went to amusement parks together during holidays.

On a cold winter day of 2016, I sat with Jihyun in the practice room, and announced that I would be participating in the second season of Produce 101, which gained a lot of popularity in the whole of South Korea. She congratulated me, and wished me all the best for the program. After that day, we began to contact each other less as I had to concentrate 100% on preparing for Produce 101. And by the time the recording for the program began, we had lost all contact as we were restricted to using our phones during our stay in the Produce 101 training centres.

All was going well, and I managed to survive the first round of eliminations with the rank of 39th. I even managed to survive in the second round of eliminations, with the 29th rank. I jumped up 10 ranks from the first round, and got the precious chance to participate in the concept evaluation missions.

The third round of eliminations, I was eliminated with the rank of 28th. I was the only Brand New Music trainee who had gotten eliminated, and although I wholeheartedly felt happy for Youngmin hyung, Woojin and Daehwi, I couldn't help but feel miserable and depressed as I heard some trainees and staff whisper 'Did all Brand New Music trainees except for Donghyun make it into the cut?'.

That afternoon, I bid farewell with my hyung and dongsaengs, wished them good luck and climbed into the company van to go back to the company.

"It's okay Donghyun, you did very well. I am proud of you, go have some rest now." Rhymer CEO tried to console me.

I went to wherever my feet led me to. The practice room. I sat in the corner and began to zone out. I sat in the same position for who knows how long, when suddenly, the door swung open and revealed Jihyun, with her long hair tied in a ponytail and a water bottle in her hand.

She spotted me immediately and I could see her smiling brightly as she was about to call out my name, but her smile soon turned into a frown as she saw my state.

She rushed towards me and without a word, pulled me into her embrace. She then let go, held both of my hands, looked at me in the eyes and began to console me. She told me how good I looked on the television, she told me that I looked cool during the Punch King battle, she told me that she voted for me every single day, and she told me that the only reason why I got eliminated was because of the lack of screen time in all the episodes. And while she was telling me all these things, the only thing that was in my head was that she looked terribly pretty.

"Could we not be anything more than friends?" I blurted out.

Jihyun stopped her talking, and stared at me as her eyes grew big.

"You look really pretty, pretty. I think I've really gone crazy." I whispered.

"Kim Donghyun..." she said in an uncertain and frightened voice.

"Will our friendship turn awkward..?" I asked slightly.

She continued to stare at me blankly as I tried to search for her eyes. When I finally found it, I gave her a look of assurance that I wasn't joking, and that I was being serious about my confession.

She let go of my hands, and hugged me.

"I missed you so much Kim Donghyun. You have no idea how empty I felt without you since last December, you idiot."

"I love you too Kim Jihyun."

 

 

 

Heheh so how did you guys find my first oneshot? xD I chose Donghyun as the first trainee to write about because I'm a Brand New Music trash and Donghyun was my second bias :3

I used the lyrics from his own song 'You look pretty' as a basis for this short story ^^ Hope you like it!