Seongwu x Minyoung - Breathless

Produce 101 Season 2 Oneshot Collection

[Request by @femmiebindi! I apologise deeply for not updating for such a long time TT_TT]

#Song suggestion: Breathless - ASTRO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBNyHAasnSM

"It's like a dream, I can't snap out of it"

"Thank you!!" Seongwu and Daniel exclaimed, and ran away, leading to laughter erupting from fans.

It was a 'vacation' for the Produce 101 Season 2 contestants, as they had just finished a mission and got time off from the Produce 101 training centre before the next set of missions. Seongwu and Daniel had decided to hang out with each other outside, and even visit their advertisements at train stations.

They coincidentally met with some fans on their way to see their advertisements, and after getting their photos taken, they hurried away out of embarrassment at the unexpected attention.

"Oops, sorry!" Seongwu exclaimed as he bumped into a petite female in the process of running without looking ahead.

The female fell to the floor and groaned in pain, but soon made a shocked face as she looked up to see the male.

"Seongwu?!" she almost shouted, making Seongwu look down in confusion.

"Wait, Minyoung? Is that you?" he shouted back.

Daniel who watched the whole situation made a confused face, but soon caught up to the situation. He remembered Seongwu talking about a 'Miyoung' back at the training centre, and he had mentioned that while she was his friend since high school, she was also his crush for 4 years.

"She's my friend from high school, Daniel." Seongwu said, hinting to Daniel to not be obvious about him knowing about Minyoung, or Minyoung being his crush.

"Ah, nice to meet you Minyoung-nim! I'm Kang Daniel, from Produce 101." Daniel said, trying his best to sound as if he had heard the name 'Minyoung' for the first time in his life today.

"Nice to meet you too! Ah, no need to call me 'nim' you can just call me noona if you like, since I am Seongwu's friend." Minyoung replied back, as she shook hands with Daniel.

 

Daniel could see Seongwu struggling in front of Minyoung, and decided that he needed to take the action. He suggested that the three of them visit a cafe, for the two high school friends to catch up with each other.

They arrived at the cafe, and as soon as they sat down, Daniel got up again and offered to order drinks. He could see Seongwu sending him pleading looks to ask for help, but Daniel was enjoying seeing the usual confident Seongwu be shy around his crush.

"So.. uh, how's life?" Seongwu asked awkwardly, drawing out a slight laugh from Minyoung.

"I've been good, and I've definitely been keeping up to date with Produce 101. How is it for you?" she questioned.

"Ahh.. if I had to be really honest, it is quite tough.. But thankfully I think I am managing it well, and it seems like I'm receiving a lot of love. I am really grateful for all this." he replied sincerely.

"Of course! I knew that you would be one of the most popular ones from the start, you're so talented but you also have the looks and even the personality! I am also one of your national producers, you should treat me well, because I am voting for you every day Ong Seongwu." she complimented Seongwu.

Seongwu blushed at the sudden compliment, while Daniel who was standing a few metres away (pretending to wait for drinks) also grinned as he felt happy for his best friend.

Daniel decided that he shouldn't interrupt this atmosphere, and texted Seongwu through his phone 'Tell her to come visit you on the final episode'.

Seongwu gulped after seeing Daniel's text - what if she rejects him? What if he doesn't get into Top 11, or even Top 20? His mind immediately filled up with various thoughts, but he also wanted to try his luck.

"Hey Minyoung, do you want to come to the final broadcast? It's going to be a live one. You can cheer for me?" he spoke after taking a deep breath.

"Oh, I would love to! I'll make a Ong Seongwu banner and wear a headband which shines so brightly that it will be impossible for you to miss me." she replied, and Seongwu sighed in relief.

The two friends caught up with each other afterwards and even told Daniel stories of their past, until late evening. They waved goodbye to each other, while promising to meet at the final broadcast date.

 

It was soon the day of the final episode of Produce 101 Season 2, and it was around an hour before the live broadcast.

Seongwu checked his phone for the time, only to see a text message from Minyoung.

'Hey Seongwu, I'm currently inside! I hope you don't get too nervous, don't worry about it! You did really great, and I'm so proud of you. I hope to see you after the broadcast. But seriously, don't worry too much, and know that I will be there whether you get into the final 11 or not! See you later~'

A smile spread across his face at the heart-warming message, and Daniel who noticed the sudden change of expression in Seongwu came to see the text.

Daniel whistled, and told his friend that this was a 'green light', and that Seongwu should make a move. Seongwu thought carefully for a few minutes on how to reply, and finally sent a message back to Minyoung.

'Thank you so much Minyoung, I really appreciate you! I know that you'll be consoling me if I don't get in. But if I do get into the debut line-up... if I really do, will you go on a date with me?'

After sending the text message, he patiently waited for a reply from Minyoung. A minute, 5 minutes, and 10 minutes passed, but no reply came. Staff even began to come into waiting rooms in order to notify all the trainees to get ready for the live broadcast, but Seongwu still hadn't received a message back from Minyoung.

His shoulders slumped, but Daniel consoled him and told him that perhaps Minyoung was busy and just didn't get to check his message. Daniel told him to not be pessimistic, and at least focus on the final broadcast for the next few hours, and worry about his love life after the live episode. Seongwu agreed, and decided to forget about the problem and concentrate on the broadcast to make no mistakes.

 

"And 5th place is... Fantagio's Ong Seongwu!" BoA announced, making Seongwu jump in surprise.

Everything seemed like a blur to Seongwu. He walked up the stage, said a few words which probably didn't even make sense, and went to sit on his chair which had '5th' printed on it. He could see the sea of fans, all waving and showing banners to him. He smiled, but he was still in awe at the fact that he was debuting. Those emotions stayed until the end of the broadcast, and he only got back to his senses when Jisung tapped him on the shoulders and told him that it was time to go back to the waiting room.

Seongwu walked to the waiting room, greeted his family, the family members of other Wanna One members and spent time catching up with trainees who got eliminated in the earlier episodes.

He was about to make his way to BoA in order to thank her, when a finger poked his back. He turned around, only to become face to face with his long time crush.

Without a word, she pulled him into a hug, and he hugged back, while blushing.

"My answer is yes." she whispered.

"Yes... to my date?" Seongwu asked carefully.

"Of course, you idiot. What other yes is there?" she said playfully, as she pushed him away from the hug.

"Wow is this a dream?" Seongwu exclaimed while looking at Minyoung, only to make her laugh.

"It's like a dream, I can't snap out of it." he said.

"Well it's not a dream Ong Seongwu. Congratulations on your debut my love." Minyoung said, while pulling him into an embrace once again.