Chapter 2

Love of a Butterfly

 

The army holding a feast to celebrate their victory on the recent war and it means that there are many liquors and women with some music to entertain the soldiers. Taeyeon doesn’t like this kind of event but being the good leader she is, she must keep staying in the occasion to show some respect for her troops and subordinates who also had fought hard in the battlefield. She doesn’t know how many times she has politely rejected the gisaengs who tried to flirt and seduce her since the party started. Those women don’t care that she’s a female. They just want to be ed for the whole night by the kingdom’s young nobleman and Supreme Commander Kim Taeyeon.

                                                             

“Come on, Taeng. Loosen up! At least drink some if you don’t want to play with them!” her best friend shouted from her seat with two gisaengs accompanying her by her sides. Her face is already red like a tomato because she drank too much. “Hey you, go serve our commander. Make her happy.” the tanned woman ordered one of her gisaengs as she pushed her hard toward her. Taeyeon then quickly caught the gisaeng before the latter fall to the ground. “Are you okay?” she asked with some concern. “Y-Yes, t-thank you, Lord Kim…” the gisaeng replied shyly in her hold before Taeyeon let go of her and back to her seat nonchalantly. She didn’t notice the blushing face of the gisaeng.

                                                                                                                                    

“M-May I pour you some makgeolli, Lord Kim?” the gisaeng offered her the alcoholic drink timidly after taking a seat beside her. She can see this gisaeng doesn’t try to seduce her like others so she just let her be.  “Okay, I’ll drink just one bowl then.” she replied. She doesn’t want to get drunk tonight because she has an appointment with her beloved princess tomorrow. “I-I really admire Lord Kim. I-I mean Lord Kim is a female but could be this amazing warrior…” the gisaeng talked in amazement. “It’s because I want to protect Her Highness and this kingdom…” she said while smiling unconsciously, as she thinking about the love of her life. Yes, she loves that beautiful Princess Hwang Miyoung.

 

“So it’s because of Her Highness. Our princess is so lucky to have a loyal subject like Lord Kim... I-I wish I could also have someone like L-Lord Kim by my side...” the gisaeng talked again in shyness. “I’m sure there will be a good person for you who will take care and protect you.” she said as she smiles gently. It only makes the gisaeng blushed harder. They then continue chatting some light stuffs until it’s time for her to leave. “It’s nice to talk with you. But I have to go now.” She stops their conversation though it’s not boring. She thinks she has stayed in the occasion long enough. “Thank you for your time, Lord Kim. H-Hope I can see you again. May you have a good rest, Lord Kim...” the gisaeng bowed at her. She just nodded before bidding her goodbye to the soldiers who still awake.

 

The next morning, Taeyeon is already standby at the stable as she happily preparing the graceful white horse for the princess by herself after finished equipping her other horse since they will go horseback riding to the nearby place together though it’s not just the two of them of course. “What’s with that smiling face in the morning, Taeng.” another best friend of her, the stable’s caretaker suddenly appears from behind the horse. “Yah, you’re late, Lee Soonkyu.” she nagged at the shorter girl. “Hurry up, help me to equip White Angel before Her Highness arrives.” she told her friend. “Ha. No wonder you came early. You’re gonna ‘date’ your princess.” her midget friend jeered.

 

“Eishh… Why my own best friends really love mocking me.” She muttered. “That’s what friends are for, Taeng.” her friend sticking out her tongue. They just finished equipping the horse when they heard an announcement of the princess’ arrival to the stable from the royal guard. They’re about to go outside to greet the princess but surprisingly the latter already walked in the stable, ignoring the dirty and smelly place. “Y-Your Highness…” it worries the servants who keep following the princess. “Taetae, can we go now? I can’t wait to go horse riding.” the princess said in excitement. “Your Highness, you don’t have to be in here. I will bring the horse out.” she said after bowing to the princess.

 

“It’s okay, Taetae. It’s been awhile since my visit to this stable.” the princess replied nonchalantly. “Ah, you’re Lee Soonkyu, Taetae’s friend, right? How are you? Long time no see.” the princess suddenly greeted her friend warmly. It startled the stable’s caretaker who’s still lowering her head. And it also surprised the stable girl that the royal princess still remembers her name. “Y-Yes, I am Lee Soonkyu, Your Highness... I-I am fine. Thank you for your care... A-And I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by this place, Your Highness...” the short girl stuttered. “There’s nothing wrong about this place, Soonkyu... Raise your head. I want to see your face.” the princess then told her.

 

“What do you think if I assign this friend of yours for the royal stables at the palace, Taetae?” the princess suddenly asked for her opinion. The short caretaker’s eyes then widened to hear that. “Soonkyu has been taking care of my Dark Sky and White Angel and the other horses here very well, Your Highness. I’m sure she will do the best taking care of the royal horses.” She replied. Honestly she doesn’t want to lose the best person of this stable but she will do it for the sake of her best friend. “Okay. Starting tomorrow you will work for the royal stables, Lee Soonkyu.” the princess announced. The unexpected news then made the girl dropped on her knees.

 

“T-Thank you very much for your great kindness, Your Highness. I will not disappoint Your Highness and will do my very best in the job.” the stable caretaker said gratefully. The princess only smiled. “I think we have to go now before the sun goes higher, Taetae.” the princess then said again. “Yes, Your Highness. I will take the horses. Please wait outside for a moment.” she bowed as the princess and her servants and guards leaving the place. “Thank you so much, Taeng. I owe you.” her friend hopped from the ground and hugged her tightly. “No need to thank me, Soonkyu. It’s all Her Highness’ decision.” she patted the shorter girl’s back. “Dark Sky and White Angel gonna miss you.” she added. “It’s you not them who will miss me, Taeng.” her friend chuckled. “Whatever.” she rolled her eyes.

 

She and Soonkyu then take her gorgeous black and white horses out of the stable. “Are you ready, Your Highness? I will help you.” she said. The princess hesitantly gets closer to the white one since the black one is bigger and looks scarier because Dark Sky is a male horse that Taeyeon always brings to the war. She then helps the princess to mount the female horse carefully. “Please don’t worry, Your Highness. White Angel is so gentle.” she tries to ease the princess who still holds her tightly after seeing the latter seems afraid. “Y-You ride this horse with me, Taetae. I don’t want to ride alone...” the princess talked nervously. “Y-Yes, Your Highness...” her heart skipped a beat knowing she will ride the horse together with the princess. She can see her friend tries to hold back her laugh.

 

Oh God, I’m dying. Taeyeon’s heart is racing as she now sitting right behind her most beloved person on the horse saddle. She blushed slightly since their bodies are very close to each other. Her brain is also in a mess because of the princess’ intoxicating fragrance. “Let’s go, Taetae.” the princess then told her. Come on, Kim Taeyeon, focus! She nagged herself. “Y-Yes, Your Highness...” she answered before taking control of the horse from behind. White Angel then starts moving, followed by the princess’ guards that riding the other horses. It’s difficult for her to suppress the urge to back hug the royal princess and do something inappropriate toward the latter during their short journey.

 

Taeyeon then took them to a wonderful lake near the forest. “This is so beautiful, Taetae...” the princess is enchanted by the magnificent scenery in front of them after she stopped their horse. Yes, just like you, Your Highness. I really wish I could be your lover. Her heart is thumping harder as she’s quietly praying while secretly staring at the princess’ attractive side profile lovingly. She will never get enough of this princess’ eternal beauty. But of course she knows that she can’t hope more than just a close friendship with the royal family member since there will be so many consequences. I really love you with all my life, Your Highness. Being with you is my truly happiness in this world. But I only hope you will keep letting me stay by your side to protect you until the end, Princess Hwang Miyoung.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

I cant update fast i'm sorry. So many works to do ><

But I really thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting my new fic ^_^

See you guys again. And happy sunday~~