Chapter 1

Love of a Butterfly

 

“A-Are you alright, Your Highness...?” a little girl who dressed up manly like a boy worriedly asked the future queen that hiding behind one of the huge trees after she managed to chase away a hungry wolf that wanted to attack the latter when they were playing together only by themselves in the forest which not too far from the palace where they live at after sneaking away again from the guards and servants. The pretty princess looked scared and shaken up a bit.

 

“Yes, I’m fine... Thank you, Taetae. You’re really an amazing friend I can count on...” the young princess answered after calming down her fear from the wild carnivore before kissing the boyish girl softly on the cheek that caused the latter to blushed madly because she has a big crush on this beautiful royal family member whose age is same as hers. She already likes this princess a lot since the first time they met and she’s so happy that she could be friends with Her Highness.

 

“I’ll be a great General like my father to protect Your Highness and this kingdom from the bad guys.” the 9-year-old kid announced with strong determination. “But you’re a girl, Taetae ya. It’s men’s duty.“ the little princess chuckled as she displaying her pretty eyes smile. “It doesn’t matter, Your Highness. I can even beat all those boys in our military training. I’ll be a Knight that Your Highness proud of.” the shorter girl grinned widely while showing off her upper arm muscles.

 

“I’ll always be proud of my dependable best friend no matter what you will become, Taetae. I just want you to keep staying by my side.” the little princess said again as she holding her tiny hand tightly. “I swear on my life that Kim Taeyeon will always be a loyal and faithful subject to Your Highness Princess Hwang Miyoung.” the noble child took an oath as she bent down on one knee and bowed before the young royal. She swore she will protect the princess with all her life.

 

Ten years have passed and Taeyeon now has already become a supreme commander with outstanding skills and knowledge in the kingdom military. She could get this high position not because of her General father or her noble family status but it really came down from her hard work and dedication for years. She has made a lot of achievements more than any male warriors in the army due to her exceptional capabilities in many things especially in martial arts and military strategy despite her young age and petite body. She has been trusted a lot by His Majesty the King to lead many big wars and secure their enormous empire from enemies. She’s the best person in the country.

 

“Long live Commander Kim! Long live Commander Kim!”

 

She just returned from another successful war with her troops as she now being hailed by the people in the capital city all the way back to the palace. “Look at them, Taeng. Our people really admire you. Even the girls are also enchanted by your charm though they know you’re not a man.” her best friend slash subordinate said from the other horse that walking together beside hers. “You should try to them at least once. It felt great you know.” the sub-commander continued. “Shut up, Yul.  You know I only like Her Highness.” she lowered her voice. “You and your delusional mind again. Face the reality, Taeng.” the other manly girl nagged but she didn’t reply. You won’t understand, Yul.

 

She left the throne hall in hurry after she finished reporting about the war they have won to His Majesty the King, her General father and the ministers since she already can’t wait to see the most beautiful girl in her whole life again whom she misses a lot. She’s brightened up right away when she finally found her goddess in the wide flower garden belongs to the princess’ own palace with her servants after asking around some royal guards. You are still much prettier than all those flowers, my Princess Miyoung... Her heart skipped a beat. “Your Highness, I’m back safely...” she then got closer and informed her arrival as she bent down on her knee and bowed deeply to the princess.

 

“Omona, you’re home already, Taetae.” the princess looks happy when seeing her as she quickly pulled her up from the ground and hugging her tightly, ignoring her dirty armor. Taeyeon is surprised by the warm gesture and her heart stops beating for a while though it’s not the first time the royal hug her. “Did you get hurt during war?” she’s still stunned when the princess asked her worriedly after releasing her body. “Commander Kim, are you okay?” the princess suddenly called her formally as she waving her hand in front of her face to get her attention. It snapped her back into reality. She feels embarrassed as she could also hear the servants behind the princess chuckled at her.

 

“I-I’m sorry, Your Highness... I-I’m alright thanks to Your Highness for keep praying for our army. Please don’t worry...” she’s stuttered like a fool. “I’m glad if you’re fine, Taetae...” the princess showed her a bewitching smile. She’s dying inside. She then remembered the gift that she bought during her travel. “Ah right... I got this for Your Highness when I visited some south districts... Hope Your Highness will like it...” she said as she took out something from her pocket and gave it to the princess. “Oh my goodness... This is so pretty, Taetae... I really like it. Thank you...” the young royal looks amazed after she opened the wooden box and saw its content. “Can you help me put it on my hair?”

 

“M-Me...?” she’s surprised again by the unexpected request from the princess since there are many servants with them who can help the royal. “Yes, you, Supreme Commander Kim Taeyeon. You don’t want to help me?” the princess asked. “N-No. I will help you, Your Highness...” she answered before taking the flower hairpin out of the wooden box. She then held her breath when she starts putting the accessory on the princess’ lovely hair carefully since there no space between them. Her heart is beating faster when she’s done as she now staring in agape at the most gorgeous human being in front of her. “How do I look? Can I ask for a mirror?” the princess asked her servants.

 

“You look so beautiful, Your Highness...” all the servants answered simultaneously after taking glance at the princess since they’re not allowed to have eye contact with the royal family. “What do you think, Taetae?” the princess now asked her. It took some time for her to answer the question since she still tries to recover from her admiration toward the princess. “Y-You’re so pretty, Your Highness... A-And that hairpin r-really looks good on you...” she stuttered again as she blushed slightly. It earned a chuckle from the princess. “What’s wrong with you, Taetae? I think that war really exhausting you. Go take some rest.  We’ll talk again later.” the princess dismissed their short meeting.

 

“I-I’m sorry, Your Highness. Thank you for your thoughtfulness. I will take my leave now. Please have some rest too, Your Highness...” she bowed again in embarrassment before excusing herself from the person she falls for. Get a grip, Kim Taeyeon. Control yourself. She sighed as she returned to her family residence near the main palace. “You’re home, Young Lord.” her personal servant greeted her happily when she arrived. She just nodded. “I’m glad you’re safe, Young Lord. I’ll prepare the hot bath for you.” the servant said again. “Thank you, Seolhyun.” she smiles a little toward the girl before going to her own chamber to undress her armor and waiting to take a relaxing bath.

 

“May I clean your back, Young Lord?” she’s startled a little by her servant who suddenly appears inside the bathroom when she’s already in the water. “Sure.” she replied shortly as she let the servant to rub her back with some cloth. “I can give you a massage too if you want, Young Lord.” the servant talked again. “Go ahead.” she gave another permission nonchalantly. She then closes her eyes as she enjoying the gentle massage on her stiff shoulders and arms. It felt so good until she fell asleep without herself knowing since exhaustion has taken over her. But she didn’t know that her personal servant has quietly kissed her softly on the lips and whispered, “I love you, My Lord...”