Chapter 16

Love of a Butterfly

 

“I want to inform you that His Majesty the King would like to marry you off to the Crown Prince from another kingdom, my dearest sister Princess Miyoung.”

 

Taeyeon’s world feels like crumbling down around her to hear the nightmarish news announced by the Crown Prince. What she’s scared of the most will really come to her. She’s gonna lose her most beloved woman for real because she will not be able to go against His Majesty the King’s order since she’s just nothing but a subject who serves the kingdom and happened to be a female. She also doesn’t want to jeopardize her family’s life even though she loves the princess very much.

 

“No! I-I don’t want it! I don’t want to get married with any crown princes, Orabeonim!” Her Highness Princess Miyoung dissented the King’s idea right away as she abruptly rose from her seat after releasing Taeyeon’s hand that startling her and the older brother.

 

“Why you don’t want to get married with a Crown Prince, my dearest sister? You are a future Queen. A Royal Princess is fated to marry a Crown Prince.”

 

“B-Because… I-I already have someone whom I love, Orabeonim…” the royal princess nervously told her brother as she lowered her voice. And the unexpected revelation makes Taeyeon feel so anxious as she quietly studying the Crown Prince’s expression that surprisingly still calm.

 

“Who is he? Do I know him?”

 

“C-Could you please promise me y-you won’t be mad, Orabeonim…?”

 

“Did you make a mistake that will make me angry, Princess Miyoung?”

 

“B-Because it’s… it’s not a-a he, Orabeonim… B-But a s-she… A-And you know her…”

 

Taeyeon is tensed up while holding her breath as she’s silently listening to the conversation between the royal siblings in the private chamber inside the Crown Prince’s own palace. Her heart is beating rapidly as she’s waiting for the Crown Prince’s reaction. Her hands are fidgeting as she’s contemplating whether or not to tell the latter about the thing between her and the princess.

 

“So the person whom you love is a girl, Princess Miyoung?” the Crown Prince unexpectedly still reacted calmly by his younger sister’s confession before he continued. “Is that person aware that you love her and does she love you back sincerely? Because I will not ever let anyone hurt you, my dearest sister.” The royal man spoke again but with a stern tone of voice this time.

 

“W-We love each other, Orabeonim…”

 

“I-I love Her Highness Princess Miyoung with my whole body and soul, Your Highness…” Taeyeon finally has a courage to tell the Crown Prince of the kingdom as she getting down on her knee. Her heart feels like going to explode. She’s afraid but she’s ready for the consequences.

 

“So it’s you, Commander Kim Taeyeon, the youngest daughter of General Kim Taewon. What makes you think you deserve my dearest sister, the royal princess you supposed to serve?”

 

“O-Orabeonim…”

 

“I-I do most humbly beseech Your Highness to forgive my impertinence for loving Her Highness Princess Miyoung… I-I am aware that I am just nothing but a girl and a mere subject who doesn’t deserve a Royal Princess… B-But Princess Miyoung has become the love of my life since I was a kid, Your Highness… Princess Miyoung is the most precious person whom I will cherish with all my heart until the end of time… Because Princess Miyoung is the lifeline of my whole world, Your Highness…” Taeyeon implored the Crown Prince as she dropped to all fours on the ground.

 

“Who said you don’t deserve a Royal Princess, Supreme Commander Kim? You are the greatest warrior who has fought hard to protect our kingdom and its people. You are our pride.” Taeyeon didn’t expect the Crown Prince would praise her instead in this nerve-wracking situation. “And I actually already know that you two are loving each other. I sincerely bless your relationship with Miyoung, Taeyeon. Because I trust that you’re the only person who can make my dearest sister happy.” Taeyeon’s eyes widened in disbelief to hear the Crown Prince’s very surprising words.

 

“Now get up. I will try to talk to His Majesty the King regarding to Miyoung’s marriage issue with the Crown Prince from another kingdom. In the meantime, keep your relationship a secret and don’t let anyone know.” The Crown Prince then spoke again.

 

“T-Thank you very much for your great kindness and blessing, Your Highness… That really was most thoughtful of you. May great health and great time always be yours. May you live forever… And I swear on my life that Kim Taeyeon will always protect Her Highness Princess Miyoung and love her for as long as I am still breathing.” Taeyeon said before slowly getting back on her feet. Her heart is full of joy. She’s so grateful. She can’t believe that The Crown Prince accepted them.

 

“Thank you so much, Orabeonim! You’re really the best brother ever! I love you so much!” Princess Miyoung exclaimed as she’s tearing up a little in happiness while hugging the Crown Prince of the kingdom tightly. “Anything for you, my dearest sister.” The royal princess’ older brother replied with a soft smile as he patted his beloved younger sister’s back gently.

 

“Now can we continue what we were doing in my palace, Taetae?” Princess Miyoung suddenly asked her with a naughty smirk after she removed herself from her brother.

 

“What were you two doing, my dearest sister?” the Crown Prince is curious.

 

“It’s a secret, Orabeonim. Let’s go, Taetae!” The princess sibling as she grasped Taeyeon’s hand and pulled her. It startled her. However, she then immediately gave a deep bow in flash to the Crown Prince and excused themselves to leave before getting dragged by the excited royal princess. And The Crown Prince can only shake his head to see his sister’s behavior.