Chapter 12

Love of a Butterfly

 

Taeyeon just returned to her family residence after visiting her best friend in the town to tell the latter about her stressful problem when she saw several royal guards whom she has recognized are waiting in front of the guest reception room. Her Highness is here... She gulped before heavily walking into the room after giving her horse to the houseboy. What should I do

 

“Your Highness...” she greeted as she bowed deeply to the young royal lady who’s sitting on the chair while enjoying a cup of hot tea when she has entered the big room. “I am sorry to make you waiting...” she continued before the latter dismissing all the servants in the room. “I miss you so much, Taetae...” the most beautiful princess of the kingdom then hugged her lovingly after putting the tea cup back on the table and getting up from the chair. And Taeyeon’s anxiety instantly gone to be held in the warm embrace by the love of her life. It also makes her heart feel at peace.

 

“I miss you too, Your Highness...” she replied as she hugged back the young royal and kissed her lover on the forehead delicately before the latter pulling Taeyeon into her tender lips and giving her a passionate kiss instead. This sudden gesture startled her a bit. Nevertheless, Taeyeon closes her eyes and she then feels a magical sensation that could comfort her chaotic mind and soul. Princess Miyoung is indeed her medicine. The royal lady is the only person whom she needs in her life.

 

“Why you never come to my palace anymore after our visit to my mother’s temple in the mountain, Taetae?” the gorgeous princess then asked after their short session has ended while still putting her arms around Taeyeon’s neck. She was about to answer the question when the knocking sound from the door suddenly interrupted. It surprised them and makes both of them immediately broke their connection apart as they quickly took one step away from each other.

 

But then Taeyeon tensed up right away when she saw the person who came into the room. “Please pardon me, Your Highness, Young Lord… But I bring the tea for Young Lord Kim…” her personal servant said after bowing at them. However, Taeyeon didn’t say anything and she feels uneasy as she just watching silently the source of her current headache walking closer toward her with a tray in her hands until the latter slipped all of a sudden and spilled the tea on her attire.

 

Taeyeon is jolted a little by the hot liquid before the servant hurriedly rubbing her wet clothes with her own dress a bit sensually while keep apologizing to her after placing the tray and the cup of tea on the table. The girl’s unexpected act in front of the princess makes her panic as she then noticed that her most beloved woman looks annoyed by the scene. “I-It’s okay… You can leave now, Seolhyun…” she told her personal servant after quickly stopped what the latter has been doing.

 

“What was that, Taetae? You let her touch you like that?” the young royal lady asked in jealousy as she crossing her arms peevishly after the Kim family’s servant has left the room. “I-I am sorry to make you upset, Your Highness… I-I won’t let her do that again…” she said nervously. Not in front of you. She feels guilty and shame of herself for lying to her lover since she knew that she still has no power to resist the servant because of her threat. Honestly she wants to tell the princess the truth about her nightmare but she’s so scared that the latter won’t trust her and will hate her instead.

 

“You seem confused, Taetae. What’s wrong?” Princess Miyoung then asked her again worriedly when she doesn’t look irritated anymore. “N-Nothing, Your Highness… It’s just a small matter at the training ground…” she lied again to her soulmate. She’s really disappointed at herself. “You don’t have to carry it alone on your shoulders, Taetae. You can inform my brother if there any problems in the military.” The young royal lady told her as she gently cupped her face with her soft hands. “Y-Yes, Your Highness. Thank you for your kind concern…” she answered before her most beloved one kissing her again on the lips tenderly to console her. It makes Taeyeon despise herself even more.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

“You have promised me to not do any inappropriate thing when we’re in public, Seolhyun!” Taeyeon spoke angrily when she returned to her private chamber and found her personal servant is already inside, sitting on her bed, after the princess of the kingdom has left the Kim family residence. “I didn’t do anything inappropriate, My Lord. I just tried to dry your wet attire.” Seolhyun answered calmly before standing up and getting closer toward her. The servant then was about to open Taeyeon’s clothes but she slaps the girl’s hand away. “Don’t touch me.” She gritted her teeth. She’s mad.

 

“I-I have submitted myself to serve you with my whole body and soul after you ruined my life cruelly by taking m-my precious ity away, but now you rejected me instead, Young Lord…?” her personal servant brought up the issue again with the hurt look on her face. “If you don’t want me anymore, I-I will just tell Lord Kim, Her Highness and all the people t-that the great Commander Kim Taeyeon, the pride of the honorable General Kim Taewon’s family and this kingdom actually is a r- and has special feeling for Princess Miyoung…” Seolhyun said for one more time as she’s about to leave before Taeyeon grabbed the girl’s hand to stop her. She closed her eyes as she took a deep breath.

 

“Please, don’t… I’m sorry… Please don’t tell anyone… I beg you…” the high-rank nobleman Kim Taeyeon has lost her dignity and self-respect. She feels disgusted at herself. She doesn’t know what to do. She’s really such a fool and a coward. She then just did nothing and felt dead inside when her personal servant started taking off her own clothes in front of her and hugging her in a glory before someone else suddenly barged into her private chamber and pulled the girl away from her.