Chapter 3

Love of a Butterfly

 

“Come in.” she gave permission to the person outside who has knocked her door, without bothering to avert her attention from the book that she reads on the table. “Excuse me, Young Lord.” her personal servant bowed after entering her room.  “Yes?” she looked up to see the girl is already standing beside her. “A royal guard just informed that His Highness the Crown Prince would like to see Young Lord at the Crown Prince’s palace right now.” her servant told her.  “Okay, thank you, Seolhyun. I’ll get ready.” she replied before closing the thick book and getting up from her chair.

 

“Ah, p-please wait, Young Lord... T-There are some stains around your mouth…” her personal servant suddenly stopped her from walking away. “Oh, really?” she responded as she quickly wiped area with her sleeve. “Has it already gone?” she asked again. “I-It’s still there... Umm... I-I can do it for you, Young Lord…” the girl said timidly. “Okay.” she just answered nonchalantly as she let the servant clean the so called stains off her face attentively. She noticed the reddening cheeks of the young girl but she’s not aware that it’s just her servant’s another guile to touch her.

 

“I-It’s already clean now, Young Lord…” her personal servant then informed after reluctantly retreating her hand away from her face but the former still doesn’t move from her spot as she keeps looking at her shyly. “Thanks, Seolhyun.” she replied as she smiling a bit. “Alright, I’ll go now before the Crown Prince sends the royal guards to drag me to the palace for taking so long.” she then chuckled by herself a little before leaving the blushing young girl inside her room without knowing the latter’s impure mind which never stops thinking about how to touch and kiss her soft lips again.

 

“Kim Taeyeon is here. Is there anything I could do for you, Your Highness?” she greeted as she getting down on her knee in front of the oldest child of the royal family when she reached a chamber in the Crown Prince’s own palace after the royal guards took her there. “Ah, you’re finally here, Commander Kim.“ the future king shifted his attention away from the big painting he’s been looking at. “Come. Sit here.” the crown prince said again after taking a seat on one of the wooden chairs in the room. “Yes, thank you, Your Highness.” she answered before obeying his order. Several servants then served some snacks and tea for her and the Crown Prince before leaving them alone.

 

“What do you think about my little sister Miyoung, Taeyeon?” she choked when the Crown Prince suddenly asked her about the princess and called her by name brotherly. “H-Her Highness Princess Miyoung is so pretty and very kind, Your Highness... I-I’m grateful Her Highness still treats me like a friend even after all these years...” she’s stuttered as that beautiful princess comes to her mind. “Why are you so nervous, Taeyeon? This is not the great Commander Kim that we know.” the older man laughed. “Is it actually because you like my little sister more than just a friend, Taeyeon?” the crown prince’s unexpected question made her eyes wide opened in shock.

 

Taeyeon then quickly went down from the chair and dropped on her knee. “Please forgive me but I-I would never dare to have such feeling toward Princess Miyoung, Your Highness... I-I am merely just a loyal subject for Her Highness and this kingdom...” she said with a thumping heart as she lowered her head to hide her panic. Am I too obvious? She wondered. “What are you doing, Taeyeon? Get up now.” the crown prince commanded but she still doesn’t move. “Are you disobeying my order, Commander Kim?” the crown prince talked again sternly. “N-No, Your Highness...” she answered as she hesitantly getting up from the ground but then she just standing there quietly.

 

“Relax, Taeyeon... I’ve been watching you all these years and it’s okay for me even though you have a special feeling for Miyoung because you’ve always been there for my precious little sister and make her happy since you’re a kid and I’m thankful for that. I don’t care whether you’re a boy or girl. I just want you to continue being by her side.” the crown prince’s words really surprised her. She never thought that this future king won’t mind her liking the princess that way. “T-Thank you for your consideration and thoughtfulness, Your Highness. I swear I will always protect Her Highness Princess Miyoung with all my life.” she responded as she bowed deeply to the crown prince.

 

“Orabeonim, they said Taetae is here with you.” the princess suddenly barged in the room after the announcement of her arrival from a royal guard outside. “Y-Your Highness...” she’s startled a bit before giving her bow to the princess. “Yes, I was having a man talk with Commander Kim.” the crown prince replied. “What man talk? Taetae is a girl, Orabeonim.” the youngest child of the royal family countered her brother. “I never regard our great Commander Kim as a girl, My Dearest Sister. She’s too good to be a female. She’s even much better than any male warriors in this kingdom.” the older brother said. The crown prince’s acknowledgement makes her feel proud of herself.

 

“Okay, okay, so can I bring Taetae to accompany me, Orabeonim? I heard there will be a festival in town tonight. I really want to go there, Orabeonim.” the princess then talked again. “It would be dangerous and chaotic if people saw you, my sister.” the crown prince said with concern. “I’ll go there in disguise, Orabeonim. They won’t recognize me. Besides, I have your great Commander Kim and some guards to protect me if something goes wrong, right? Please, Orabeonim~” the pretty princess coaxed her older brother with her cute face. “I think I can’t say no to you, My Dearest Sister... Alright then, I count on you, Commander Kim.” the crown prince finally gave his permission.

 

“Aaahh... Thank you so much, Orabeonim! I love you! Please don’t tell Abamama I’m going, okay?” the princess squealed as she hugged the crown prince in happiness. “Let’s go, Taetae! We have to change our outfit and get ready for the festival!” the princess then told her in excitement as she grabbed her hand after letting go of her older brother. “I-I will take my leave now, Your Highness. Excuse me...” Taeyeon gave a quick bow to the crown prince before getting dragged out by the younger lady. The crown prince only chuckled seeing his little sister’s amusing behavior.

 

The night has come and the princess has managed to sneak out from the palace with Taeyeon and three shadow guards. “Taetae, look! It’s the snack I’ve been craving since the last time we went to the town!” the princess exclaimed when they just reached the market near where the festival takes place. “Do you want it, Agasshi? I’d buy it for you.” she said before taking out the money from her pocket. They have agreed that Taeyeon and the shadow guards will not address the princess with ‘Your Highness’ for safety precaution when they’re going out unofficially. Actually the princess has told her to call her just by name or pseudonym but she can’t do it because she really respects the princess.

 

“This indeed the most delicious food I’ve ever tasted, Taetae. I wish the palace had this snack too so I could eat it every day.” the princess said with mixed tone between happy and sad while still chewing the cheap street food because the royal palace doesn’t provide commoner’s dishes. “I will ask my personal servant to make this for you next time, Agasshi.” she replied though she’s herself not sure if Seolhyun can make this kind of snack. “Omo, really? I’ll visit your residence more often then, Taetae.” the princess responded with sparkle in her eyes as she holds her arm. The simple touch sent an electric jolt down to her body. “I-I think the festival has begun, Agasshi… Let’s go...” she shifted the topic as she immediately moved away from the princess in order to prevent her feeling to burst out.

 

“Woah... That was awesome! Can we invite them to perform at the palace too, Taetae?” the princess exclaimed again with amazement while clapping her hands in excitement after one of the traditional performances they were watching at the festival has ended. “Oh? Y-Yes, Agasshi…” she’s startled a bit since she didn’t pay attention fully to the show due to observing their surrounding which crowded by a lot of people and staying alert in order to protect the princess because she senses that someone else is keeping eyes on them. And her instinct is right when out of nowhere she caught a sight of a small blade is flying fast toward the princess. Her eyes widened to see that but fortunately she managed to stop the knife skillfully right before it pierced the princess’ flawless face.

 

She quickly turned her head around to find the suspicious person in the crowd while keep shielding the princess from another attack. “Hyo!! The tall man in black robe and bamboo hat!!” she shouted to her best friend, one of the shadow guards to catch the culprit before escorting the princess to a safer place. She then returned her attention back to the princess after she trusted their safety on the other shadow guards. But she feels bad when she found the young royal lady looks so shocked and scared. “Are you alright, Agasshi...?” she asked the frightened princess worriedly. “W-What was that, T-Taetae...? D-Did someone just try to... k-kill me...?” the princess is trembling hard.

 

“I-I’m really sorry for what happened but you’re safe now, Agasshi...” she bowed apologetically. “B-But I’m almost d-die, Taetae... I-I would be dead already if t-that blade hit me...” the princess starts crying uncontrollably. Taeyeon can’t stand any longer. Her heart is in pain to see the current state of her most beloved person. She then dares herself to hug the shaking princess tightly in order to calm her down. “Please don’t be afraid, Princess Miyoung... I’ll always be here to protect you with all my life... I won’t ever let anyone hurt you when I’m still alive... I promise...” she whispered before unconsciously kissing the princess softly on the forehead to ease her. The sobbing suddenly stopped and Taeyeon now found the royal princess is stunned while staring at her in surprised.

 

“D-Did you just kiss me, Taetae...?”

 

--------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for always taking so long to update T.T

But thank you if you still waiting for my story >_<

See you guys again and have a nice weekend! ^^