Chapter 6

Love of a Butterfly

 

Happy TaeNy Day ^^

----------------------------------------------------

 

“Ouch…”

 

Taeyeon pinched her arm for the umpteenth time to make sure once again that it’s really not a dream because she still doesn’t believe that the youngest princess of the kingdom shockingly has confessed her feelings to her and kissed her on the lips passionately. She never imagined that the beautiful royal lady she’s been serving since a kid would like her too that way. But she’s aware that she can’t hope for an official and long-lasting relationship due to their status and gender issues. Nevertheless, she can’t stop smiling because she’s so grateful and blissful that the Princess Hwang Miyoung unexpectedly has same heart as her and now she finally able to call the latter as her lover.

 

“What are you doing, Taeyeon? Eat your food properly and stop doing stupid thing.” her father suddenly reprimanded sternly with a serious tone. “Yes, Abeonim. I’m sorry...” she bowed her head as she quickly wiped her happy smile from her face before continued eating her dinner like a nobleman. General Kim Taewon is a very strict and cold person even towards his own children but he’s really a great General whom she respects a lot. Her father who’s been raising her like a boy since she was born has taught and trained her so hard to be the best soldier in the army of the kingdom.

 

“Tomorrow is the birthday party of His Majesty the King. Make sure to tighten the security of the main palace since there many people will come.” her father ordered. “Yes, Abeonim. My team and the royal guards will check all the guests and the palace thoroughly.” she answered as she nodded to the General. She and her father almost never have a family conversation since their beloved mother and wife died a long time ago. The father and daughter mostly only talk about work and the kingdom every time they meet. She never tells her father about her struggle or what she feels because the General once has told her to be a tough man and not be weak by showing emotions or tears.

 

She immediately stops eating her food and stands up when her father has finished his dinner and getting back on his feet. “You’re the son that I’m really proud of, Taeyeon. Don’t ever you disappoint me and the Kim family. I want you to be the next General of this kingdom when I retired.” her father then said as he patted her shoulder. “Yes, Abeonim… May you have a good sleep.” she replied the middle aged man formally again as she bowed deeply to the General before the latter walked away to his chamber. She then heard another woman who’s sitting in the dining room sighed.

 

“Abeonim should stop treating you like a real man, Taeyeon. You also should tell him how you really feel. Don’t let him keep pressing you to be what he wants. It’s been a very long time. Aren’t you tired?” her older sister who’s visiting their house for a day spoke up concernedly when she has returned to her seat. The woman is already married to one of the royal ministers’ son and living in her husband’s family residence. “Please don’t worry, Noonim. I’m comfortable with who I am and the way I live my life. I don’t feel much pressured to be a son whom Abeonim always wanted.”

 

“I’ve told you to call me Unnie when Abeonim is not around, Taeyeon. Because you’re a girl.” her older sister sighed again. “Yes, Joohyun unnie.” she grinned. Kim Joohyun is a kind and caring sister whom she trusts but she can’t tell the older woman who’s like a mother to her about her feeling towards the royal princess because her sister is a bit conservative and not really fond of same relationship though she knows her sister certainly won’t judge her even if she tells her.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

The day of the birthday party of His Majesty the King has come. Taeyeon is busy with her troops and the royal guards to ensure the safety of the whole palace since morning when she accidentally met Princess Hwang Miyoung and the group of her personal servants in front of the royal library. “Y-Your Highness...” her heart skipped a beat as she admiring the royal lady’s exceptional beauty before bowing deeply at her. “I want to talk in private with Commander Kim for a moment. You all just wait here.” the princess told all the subjects as she gestured one of them to open the library. She then followed the princess entering the empty room before closing the door behind.

 

But then she’s taken a back when the princess suddenly jumped on her and kissed her lips eagerly as she wrapping her arms around her neck. “Y-Your Highness...” she tried to make herself steady to prevent both of them from falling to the ground as she holds the princess’ waist before kissing back the royal with passion. Her heart is beating like crazy but it really feels so good to be able to touch the love of her life again. “I miss you so much, Taetae...” the princess said after letting go of her lips to catch some air as she looking into her eyes and still putting her arms on her shoulders though they just met few days ago when the confession of their feeling toward each other happened.

 

“I-I miss you too, Your Highness... A-And you look so beautiful as ever, my Princess Miyoung...” she blushed slightly. She still feels awkward with this new interaction between them but she’s so happy. “Accompany me at the party today, Taetae. I need you beside me.” the princess then told her. “I’d love to, Your Highness. B-But I’m sorry I’m on duty today. I have to take care of the security of the palace during the event.” she answered. The royal lady then sighed. “Fine. Let’s meet again tomorrow then.” the princess said. “As you wish, Your Highness. Now let’s get out of here before my subordinates and your personal servants breaking into the room for taking so long.”

 

The princess chuckled a little and then gave her a surprise peck on the lips before walking away to the door. It makes her smile like an idiot as she touches her own lips in disbelief which have been kissed by her dream lover twice today. The kisses become the best elixir to relieve her stress and revitalize her. However she immediately erased her over-excited mood and acts like nothing happened to avoid any suspicion from others when she passed the door to face her troops again. It doesn’t matter for me if we have to keep our relationship a secret forever, Your Highness. Just being together with you already enough for me and makes me live in the indescribable happiness.

 

The birthday party of His Majesty the King has been started. And during the event, she only can see her beloved princess who enjoys watching some traditional performances with the other members of the royal family from afar. You’re so pretty, Your Highness. If only I could be there and hold your hand... She sighed a little before returning her focus on observing her surrounding and the guests who attending the event. It’s okay, Kim Taeyeon. You still can see Her Highness and spend time with her tomorrow, right. She then comforted herself as she smiles a bit when she remembered their appointment. Her heart is pounding in excitement as she thinking about their upcoming first date.