TO: ChoiRinnie - BxG

VIXX ST✰RLIGHT Secret Santa 2017 // 10.03 UPDATE

Title of the Gift: Cute Trainer

Pairings: OC x Ken

Genre: Fluff

Number of Words: 1,841

Note: Hello! So sorry to keep you waiting! There wasn't a specific prompt so I hope that this is fine! 


 

Cute Trainer

In that split second when your fist landed on the yellow button before you, you grabbed onto the handlebars, stabilising yourself right before you lost your balance.

‘Are you okay?’ Instantly, a trainer appeared next to you to check if you were okay, seeing that you were panting heavily, and that the emergency stop button on the treadmill was pressed.

‘Y-Yeah-‘ You turned, but was taken aback by what you were seeing that no words left your lips as you continued to find your means of getting oxygen.

‘Are you sure?’

And that did not help as the male before you leaned in to have a closer look at your flushed face - which was more than enough to snap you back into reality.

‘Yes! I’m fine.’ You might have shouted the first word a little too loudly as you quickly dodged your way out of his peering eyes, not sparing a look back as you headed straight for the lockers where your friend was waiting for you.

That was when after giving you some time to start talking, five seconds, and seeing that you did not make any move to do so, your friend broke the silence.

‘What happened?’

‘What? Oh- I accidentally whacked the button while running-‘

‘No, I meant. With the cute trainer. I saw you staring at him.’

. If she could see it from here- He totally would have noticed it when I was smack right before him- ‘No I didn’t?’

‘Yes you did! You totally blushed when you answered him- Y-Yeah-‘ She mimicked you, and your mind was immediately sourcing for a way out of the conversation.

‘I WAS EMBARRASSED. I WHACKED THE EMERGENCY STOP BUTTON BY ACCIDENT.’

‘Fine fine.’ You barely had time to breathe a sigh of relief before she added, ‘Just to let you know, you’re being really loud and cute trainer is looking over here.’

And of course you just had to turn and make eye contact with him, to find him returning you a smile.


 

 



That look of concern, and that slightly confused smile he gave you. If only you didn’t utterly embarrass yourself, you would have totally tried mustering up courage to ask for his number. Your heart started racing by merely the thought of him.

AHHHH Help I don’t need this.


 


 

 

‘Can you drink your damn drink already? Since when do you use your eyes to drink.’ 

‘There’s nothing to drink-‘ You sighed as you lifted your cup and stared speechlessly at your cup of drink that barely has any liquid in it.

‘Serves you right for ordering additional pearls when the drink already came with it.’

‘I didn’t know!’ You exclaimed, before realising that you were being too loud. And immediately snapped your mouth shut, right when your eyes locked with a particular someone. 

You gasped and immediately plopped your head onto the table, facing away, to which your friend worriedly looked at you. 

‘What happened? Stomachache?’

‘Cute trainer.’ You whispered.

‘I can’t hear you.’

Cute. Trainer.’

‘Still can’t hear you.’

‘Never mind.’ Knowing real well that your face was probably bright red by then, you decided that the only way was to leave and quickly dragged her away.



 




'Nari!' 

You snapped your head around when you heard your name right when you were about to place your order, to find Ravi grinning at you. 'Oh- Wonshik oppa-'

'Can't believe I finally caught you here.'

'Hah. Ha.' You laughed awkwardly as you finally remembered the reason as to why you were avoiding him in the first place. He has been trying to match you up with one of his friends since- you couldn't even remember how long it has been. 

'Well- Looks like luck is on your side! He's here with me today, right over there-'

And you froze when you saw who he pointed at. No. 'Erm Wonshik oppa- I just remembered that I have a prior arrangement and I shouldn't be here right now- If you could excuse me-'

'Don't bull me. The only prior arrangement you could possibly have is with your bed at home.' To your ultimate horror, Ravi was soon steering you towards the very seat that 'cute trainer' is in, and plopped you right down before him. 

'Jaehwan, this is Nari. Nari, this is Jaehwan. Now carry on while I go fetch the both of you some food.' 

But all you could do was to stare at your hands on your lap as you refused to look at the person before you, having unconsciously embarrassed yourself in front of you for the past gazillion times. 

‘Well, they say third time’s a charm.’ Ken chuckled, and you could not help but to lift up your head, only to have your heart racing again. 

'I- really shouldn't be interrupting you and Wonshik oppa-' You started, making an attempt to get out of the seat, only to have him grabbing onto your hand and stopping you. 

'It's fine. I would rather have a date with you than with Wonshik anyway.'

Date? And you had to try so hard to stop yourself from choking on air as Ken watched gleefully as you blushed, eyes darting around in confusion. 

‘My treat.’ You immediately looked up when you heard the familiar deep voice, but your relief was shortlasted as Ravi merely dumped the bowl of bingsu on the table and left. He left. Leaving you and this cute trainer- Ken together. You could barely breathe-

'Are you okay?'

'Y-Yeah.'

'Good. Now do you want to do the picture thing or do we just dig in?' Ken gestured to the bowl before you- And you would have forgoed the 'picture thing' usually, but Ravi's treat was simply too gorgeous to not be on your social media. Plus, you rarely got a treat by him. 

You quickly fished out your phone for a mandatory video, only realising that you were pouring the milk with your left hand and got stuck halfway. ‘ why did I use my left hand.’

And of course that got recorded into the video. And after witnessing the look of horror on your face along with the stupid act that just occured, Ken burst out laughing.

‘You’re such a mess.’ 

That was also the exact moment where you gave up trying to be ladylike in order to impress the male seated opposite you. If he wants to date me- He'll find out the maximum capacity of my retardness anyway so why suppress it. And a sigh came out of you unconsciously. He'll never want to date me.

‘Thank you.’

‘You have a talent to attract people’s attention.’

'I've heard that a lot.' You mumbled, your bubble long inflated as your hopes and dreams crashed down. Wonshik oppa actually wanted to set me up with him- Yet I, as usual, was being dumb and let the opportunity fly-

‘My friends found you cute. Fortunately you left before they could make a move.’

That got your attention as you stopped shoving the shaved ice into your mouth. You’ve had kids saying that you’re cute. And that kid was a sixteen year old that you once tutored.

But never did you hear a guy telling you that before. Much less, a good looking and cute and tall and- okay, guy.

But he said 'my friends', he didn't say 'I found you cute'. Bummer. 

And your relentless shoving resumed. 

‘Why aren’t you going to the gym anymore?’

'I don't know.'

‘My duties are on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays.’ Ken was getting increasingly amused by your reactions, and was amazed at the fact that you have yet to notice that he did not even touch his spoon. 

‘What makes you think that I’m not going to go on every other day?’

‘I considered that possibility, but if you didn’t wiggle your way out of this, I guess it means that I have a chance.’

'A chance for?'

'Asking you out?' Her expression- It's priceless.

'You wouldn't want to ask me out.'

'But I just did.'

'No. Take that back.'  

 

 

'I said, no.' You repeated for the umpteenth time as Ken followed closely behind you, insisting to make sure that you're safely back at home.

'Why not? Don't you like me?'

'Yes I do- But you don't like me.'

This girl really- She just can't seem to accept others' opinions can she? 'Okay fine. Don't come crying to me when you happen to see me with someone else.'

And Ken chuckled when you turned to glare at him. He can't possibly like me- Yet he keeps fooling around- But why is he even so bent on following me-

‘Oh- Jaehwan!’ You were certained it was your mom's voice that you heard by the lift, but you were equally certain that the name which she shouted wasn't yours. What?

 

'Ah! Finally, I get to see the both of you together!' You looked between the both of them, confused, as Ken greeted your mom with a bright smile on his face.

And being your mom, she knew exactly what that strange look on your face meant, especially when your mouth was hanging wide open. 

‘Yah, Nari-ah, don’t you remember Jaehwanie?’

If from my epic gym session- Yes I do? ‘Huh?’

‘The Lee Jaehwan that you played with when you stayed at grandma’s place?' She added, now grabbing tightly onto Ken's hands as though she has found her long lost son. 

Grandma’s... Place... That Lee Jaehwan?

‘The same Lee Jaehwan that you cried a river not wanting to leave him when you moved to Seoul.’ He whispered into your ear, and you shrieked upon realization. 

‘I w-was only ten!’

‘Well, looks like you remember.’ The both of them said in unison. 

If you previously wanted a hole to churn into. Now you wanted to disappear into the depths of the earth. 

'Yah! Lee Jaehwan! I can’t believe you did all that when you already knew who I was.’ You screamed, only to have a hard smack on your head by the purse that your mom was holding onto. 

'What 'Lee Jaehwan'? Where are your manners? He's your oppa!'

'Mom! It's because of you that I-'

'That you what?'

You sighed in exasperation when you found nothing to say, quickly unlocking the door to your house with Ken following closely behind you. 

‘I can’t believe you didn’t even react when you heard my name.’

‘There’s like a gazillion Jaehwans in this world!’

'And you couldn't even recognise your Lee Jaehwan?' He teased, pulling you to a still as he bent down and eyed you while grinning ear to ear. 

'Stupid.' You mumbled under your breathe, still not able to believe how much embarrassment you have went through- And while young Jaehwan probably already knew the extent of your stupidness, you could have possibly hid it from the present Jaehwan- And you sighed again. 

This time, he knew clearly the meaning behind it and chuckled again. ‘Looks like you still need me around to babysit you.’

‘No I don’t!’

‘Well, I missed you too. A lot.’