TO: emotionalcello - BxB

VIXX ST✰RLIGHT Secret Santa 2017 // 10.03 UPDATE

Title of Gift: Written Letters For Me

Pairing: Neo

Number of Words: 2,172

Genre: Fluff, slight angst

Note to my Giftee: This is not good, but I tried my best. I'm sorry for this crap.
 



Written Letters For Me
 

Dear N,

Today, father finally went home before I was able to come here at school. As usual, he yelled at me. Well, what's new? Luckily, mother successfully stopped him before he could punch or kick me. So I guess, I can say that this day is the 4th day that I was lucky because I didn't get any new bruises from father. Just hang on okay? I know everything will be okay someday. Fighting!

- Cha -

 


Dear N,

I was very exhausted yesterday night, father decided to invite his friends over and he made me do some errands, like serve them and stuff. After their mini party, mother was too tired to clean their mess so I decided to help her. In the end, father scold me for no reason and beat me up again. I was glad that mother was already sleeping so that I'm the only one who got beaten up instead the two of us. I better end this now before class starts! I still need to tend on my bruises. Fighting!

- Cha -



Dear N,

Mother was so proud of me because I got all A's on class! She said that I was the best son she ever had! And guess what? Today is the luckiest day of my life because except from my excellent marks in school, father was also away from home for his business trip, so I am now safe from abuse. For this mean time only. But at least, I got another day off! Never give up okay? Everything will be fine. Fighting!

- Cha -



That were just a few of the many letters that Taekwoon found on the books in the library. He was the new student bookkeeper of the library, and being the bookworm he is, arranging the returned and misplaced books also means scanning through the pages to check if it's worth to read.

As he arranged the books on the Art's Section, Taekwoon accidentally found these letters that were placed on every page of the book titled HOPE. Curious, he read all of it and he can't help but feel pity to the one who wrote it. The life of Cha, is hell. Taekwoon at the same time feel amazed to the person because of it's positive and hopeful attitude. If Taekwoon was on his shoes, he probably left home or killed himself out of depression.

Taekwoon was also curious who is N, are Cha and N are the same person? Is he talking to himself? Or these letters were really for N. To let out his curiosity, Taekwoon tried to reply on the latest letter.



Dear Cha,

You are unbelievable! I salute to your positivity, I do hope that one day you will be free from any pains. And your right, just hang on and wait for the day where everything will be alright. Fighting!

- Leo -



The only problem now, is how will Taekwoon find out who is Cha. Because from the letters, it seems that Cha comes in the library in the morning which is impossible for Taekwoon because he have a morning shift on his work at the coffee shop. His classes starts at noon and his duty in the library is in the afternoon.



---



Dear Cha,

You are unbelievable! I salute to your positivity, I do hope that one day you will be free from any pains. And your right, just hang on and wait for the day where everything will be alright. Fighting!

- Leo -


That's what Hakyeon read when he opened his favorite book. He was shocked because someone cared and replied on his letters. He was afraid because what if this person was only making fun of him? No one cares about him except for his mother and bestfriend. He was also curious on how Leo found out his letters when he always make sure to hide this book at very the far end corner of the shelf.

Somehow, Hakyeon can't deny that he feel relieved that except from his mother and bestfriend there is someone who admired for his positive outlooks on life even though in reality his life is a . Smiling, Hakyeon wrote a reply instead of writing his daily self cheering up letter.



Dear Leo,

Wow! I can't believe that you replied on my letter. Basically, this was just my way of cheering up my self. Btw, thank you so much. And yes, I will never stop on waiting for that day to come.

- Cha -



Not expecting for a reply, Hakyeon still placed the letter to the next page of the book. He knows for sure that he wouldn't get a reply because obviously it was just a prank. But there's nothing to loose to try to reply and thank to the person who cheered up Hakyeon's day.



---



The next day, Hakyeon was so eager to open the book to see if he got a reply. And surprisingly, he did get a reply.



Dear Cha,

Oh, no need to thank me. I'm the one who should thank you because your letters inspired me to never loose hope. I myself was ashamed because I easily get depressed over little things when there's somebody who is having a much bigger problem but still get through the day with positivity. And I am really sincere on wishing for you to have a normal happy life. Fighting!

- Leo -



Since that day, they always send letters to each other without knowing their real identity. Through their letters, they tried to help with each other. Taekwoon, by cheering up Hakyeon and the other for convincing Taekwoon that his younger brother will be alright.

As days goes by, they get to know each other's life but not the name and face. Taekwoon only knows that Cha's father was not really his biological father that's why the man hates him so much. Hakyeon knows that Leo has a younger brother who has a weak immune system that's why the other has to work to support the medicines of his brother.



---



This day, Taekwoon was taking a long time on writing his reply for Cha. It is because he was nervous on asking the other to meet in personal. He was afraid because maybe Cha doesn't want to meet him and end up not replying him anymore because of what Taekwoon have asked.



Dear Cha,

We've been communicating through letters for about a month. I know that this is too soon but I want to meet you. If only you want to. No need to be pressured. You can say no, I won't get mad. I hope you will not be mad for what I've asked tho. You know? I just realized that, were kind of preserving the old romantic culture were people only communicate through letters because technology was still not a boom before. Okay, I am now ranting. Btw, how was your day? Did your father come home? I hope he was still away from the country because it means that you are safe.

- Leo -



Taekwoon doesn't want to admit it but he knows that he was falling in love to Cha. His adoration to the other before turned into a crush then love as days goes by. He can't stop but to fall on reading his letters. He may not know him personally but it seems that he knew him for years now. The other was a great help to him on getting through his jobs. Cha helped him to believe that one day, his beloved younger brother will be away from sickness.

Now, he was determined to meet Cha so that he can help him anytime his father beats him.



---



Dear Leo,

I'm so sorry, honestly I also really want to meet you too. But not now, maybe next week? Or the next next? I still feel ugly due to the bruises my father gave me. Yes, he just went home last night and as usual, he beat me and my mother. But don't worry, it's not that severe, maybe he was too tired from his trip. So maybe, when my bruises heal, we can meet okay? And how was your brother? Is he now okay?

- Cha -



Taekwoon can't help but feel sad from the reply. He knows that maybe the other will feel insecure and ashamed if Taekwoon will find him with bruises. Eventhough Taewoon doesn't mind. Whatever does Cha's appearance, he will accept him no matter what.

So now, he just needs to wait for the day that the other will be ready to face him personally. And maybe this is a good opportunity for Taekwoon to sort out his feelings to the other.



---



And the day came, were they will finally meet each other. Yesterday, Hakyeon replied to Leo that he is now ready for the meet up. Hakyeon was the one who set the place and time. He made sure to arrange it during afternoon at the library so that the other will not have a problem.

Hakyeon was trembling inside as he walked between the shelves of the library. Slowly, walking towards the Art Section which is the very last shelves in the library. He knows that Leo was already there because the other is on duty today.

He was expecting to see Leo when he turned to face the Art's Section but he was met by a silent aisle. There's no one in there. He glanced on his wristwatch to check the time becauae maybe it was too early, but it isn't. It was past 5 pm now. And they were supposed to meet at exactly 5.

Disappointed and betrayed, Hakyeon tried to see if there's a new letter in the book.



Dear Cha,

I'm sorry but my mom just texted me that my brother was rushed to the hospital. I hope you understand. I will see you next time.

- Leo -



The handwriting was messy, probably the other was in a hurry. Hakyeon was glad that he never forget to inform him that he will not be able to make it. He was also concerned about Leo's younger brother.

Maybe, this isn't the time for them to meet. Maybe, Hakyeon was given more time to sort his feelings because he can't deny that he was falling in love to the other.



Dear Leo,

Don't worry, I understand. We still have a lot of time for the meet up. I hope that your brother will be okay.

- Cha -



---



A week have passed and Hakyeon never got a reply. Hakyeon was convincing his self that maybe Leo is still busy tending for his younger brother but another part of his brain says that the other didn't want to meet him. That it was all a joke. That Leo was only making fun of him.



---



Taekwoon runs, not bothering the students he bumped into. He doesn't care because he was in a hurry. As soon as his younger brother was discharged and now resting on their home, Taekwoon immediately sprinted off to school. He wants to meet Cha so badly, he didn't know why but one week without reading the letters from the other made him feel sad.

So Taekwoon have decided that he will meet Cha today, he just need to be in the library early in the morning because that was the only time the other will be staying there.

 


---
 


Hakyeon returned the book to the shelf, even though he knows that Leo will never reply to him again, he still wrote a letter to cheer up his self. After replacing it to it's usual hiding place, he decided to go to his class.

But when he was away from the last shelf, someone taps his shoulder.

"Excuse me? Are you Cha?" A handsome student asked him with a blinding smile.

"Ahm, yes." He answered, not quite sure how this student knows Cha.

"Oh good! Someone gave this to you." The student handed him a letter then left Hakyeon alone on the aisle between the Classic and Arts Section.



Dear Cha,

Please come here at the Arts Section.

- Leo -

 


With trembling hands and teary eyes, Hakyeon slowly walked back to the Arts Section.

And there he saw a panting student with a black hair and cheeky face.

The student slowly walks towards him with a smile.

"Why are you crying?" The student asked, voice laced with worry. The student scanned him, to check if he was hurt somewhere.

"I.. I can't believe t-that your here i-in front of me." Hakyeon choked out. "Are you L-leo?" He asked to confirm.

"Are you Cha?" The other laughed. "I didn't know you're a cry baby." He added.

Hakyeon was not given a chance to process what happened because he was engulfed on a tight hug. A hug who gives him a different feeling, different from the hugs of his bestfriend and mother.

"I'm Jung Taekwoon." The other whispered between the hug.

"I'm Cha Hakyeon." He replied with a smile, hugging back the man he knows that he loves and who will love him back.

 

~fin~