TO: megalia - BxB

VIXX ST✰RLIGHT Secret Santa 2017 // 10.03 UPDATE

Title of Gift: Just Tell Me!

Pairing: Neo

Word Count: 2,170

Genre: Fluff, Vampire AU, Home-life AU

Warnings: Looks like it's going to be a little angsty at first, but it's super not, I promise. Hakyeon is dramatic

Note to my giftee: I hope you like this! I ended up going with one of your prompts since I wanted to make absolute sure that you would like the concept of the fic. Hopefully you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!
 



Just Tell Me!

 

The mellow sunlight was filtered by morning fog, casting a soft, comfortable light over the hardwood floors and cream-tinted furniture of the apartment. A grey cat that Hakyeon had brought home last year on impulse was currently curled into a tight ball on one of the colorful pillows adorning the sofa, striped tail flicking irritably every time one of its masters’ distressed voices rustled it from its nap.


“Hakyeon, come on! It’s almost morning,” A soft, exhausted voice pleaded, and the cat’s teal eyes parted just enough to gaze almost pitifully at his distraught owner, who was slumped against a locked bathroom door, palm pressed against it like he could coax the wood into swinging open despite the obvious lock. “This is childish, seriously, I didn’t even do anythi-”

“Shut up! I hate you so much, you’re not even sorry!” echoed out from the other side of the door, a pouting tone accenting his loud voice. Taekwoon sighed thickly and wondered if this argument was even worth it when the sun would start peeking through the windows soon. Thankfully the legend that vampires would die under sunlight was only a myth, but his eyes weren’t made for the brightness of day. Along with it being their bedtime an hour ago, he didn’t look forward to the migraine the light would shoot into his head if he kept his eyes open much longer to the rising sun.

To be honest, Taekwoon had no idea what he’d done to throw Hakyeon into this tantrum. The moment the front door slammed behind his boyfriend after he returned from work, Hakyeon had rushed to the bathroom and locked the door with a click behind him. Taekwoon had been standing here for a full two hours, pleading with his boyfriend to at least explain what had happened while he was at his job, or what Taekwoon had somehow messed up, but Hakyeon had always been one for dramatics. “You’re really gonna stay in the bathroom all day?” Taekwoon groaned, rubbing his already slightly aching eyes. He loved Hakyeon more than ocean waves loved the shore, but the older man could easily be a handful from time to time. “No! I’ll just wait for you to fall asleep,” Hakyeon huffed. His voice was close to the door, and Taekwoon wondered if he was really just sitting there sulking.

“I’m not gonna sleep with you mad at me, it’ll just give you time to fume over it. Just come out, Yeonnie. I really don’t know what I did.”

“Whatever!” Taekwoon genuinely couldn’t tell if ‘whatever’ meant ‘yes’ or ‘no’, but he waited outside just in case, backing away from the door and staring at it rather desperately. He’d been looking forward to cuddling with Hakyeon, not to having to make up for an issue he wasn’t even informed about. He tongued at his fangs as he waited rather impatiently; He was also starving after his shift, but Hakyeon would probably only grow more irritable if Taekwoon prioritized bagged blood over his own.

 

The doorknob rattled, and Taekwoon blinked up hopefully as it slowly, carefully twisted before the door squeaked open. After a moment of wondering whether he should just walk inside, Hakyeon dragged himself from the room. Taekwoon’s hope diminished into a groan and he muttered, “What the hell are you wearing those stupid things again for?”

Taekwoon didn’t intend to sound rude, but he could hardly be blamed when his boyfriend’s beautiful, tanned skin was tainted with smooth bracelets, rings, a choker, and an unsettlingly familiar cross necklace. The five piercings along each ear that were usually decorated with a pretty jewel that Taekwoon bought or left empty were all set with grey studs, and Hakyeon’s eyes were narrowed, yet held a victorious tint as if he knew this would piss Taekwoon off more than anything. All of Hakyeon’s silver jewelry had been thrown out the moment they became friends rather than enemies, and it was never to return after they ended up dating; That was what Taekwoon thought anyway, but here it all was, the same ing silver he wore as a hunter that made Taekwoon want to gag just looking at it. The other crossed his arms tightly, spitting out, “Since you had to be a jerk, I don’t want you touching me.”

“Hakyeon, this is getting out of hand, at least just put the freaking silver away-” Taekwoon pleaded, but he was cut off when the slightly older male’s eyes narrowed into slits and he marched into the kitchen. “Hakyeon! Come on!” Taekwoon pleaded, wondering why he was even chasing after the other when there was no way words were getting through. “I seriously don’t even know why you’re mad! If you’d just tell me I could do something, but…” The other was rummaging through the fridge, and Taekwoon cried out rather dramatically in frustration as Hakyeon’s hand emerged with a blood bag and it was thrown across the kitchen to smack against his chest. “Whatever, how could you not know? Those were special  and you just ing took them! I looked forward to the right moment to bring them out for days, weeks, and you just ing stole them! Did you even care at all? No! You don’t care and I know it because you don’t even REMEMBER ruining my entire day’s worth of plans! Just go away, Taekwoon! Sleep on the damned couch for all I care!”

The vampire was left with his jaw hanging as Hakyeon, finished with his dramatic speech, marched passed him, the vampire suddenly yelping as the human made an effort to brush past him with the silver bracelet grazing his side. It only burned a little with such short contact, but Taekwoon still felt his mind spinning trying to figure out what he’d done wrong. He really didn’t know, so why was Hakyeon reacting so harshly? He hardly ever spoke to other guys, he never took any of Hakyeon’s belongings. Mittens was well fed and his litter was clean, the house was tidy. Hakyeon had gone off about him taking something, but he couldn’t imagine what he could have taken that was so important when they literally lived in the same house and shared nearly everything. Clothes? No, he hadn’t worn any of Hakyeon’s clothes, and the other rarely cared when he did. He borrowed Hakyeon’s headphones the other day, but he put them right back where he found them in mint condition.

 

Even though the bedroom door had slammed minutes ago, Taekwoon found himself knocking on it, head bowed like an injured dog as he whimpered past the door, “Hakyeonnie, you’re being immature. Just tell me what I did, I want to fix this.” After a moment of silence, Taekwoon simply sighed and turned to sulk to the couch, blood bag still loose in his hands, before he heard the door swing open behind him. Hakyeon with puffy cheeks still had his silver bangles and choker on under his pajamas, but even with the disgraceful jewelry, his rustled hair and pouty face was kind of cute. “You really don’t know?” he asked skeptically. Taekwoon shook his head harshly. “I really don’t.”

There was a pause, as if Hakyeon was trying to see if he were telling the truth or not, before the shorter male huffed and leaned against the doorframe. “My cookies. The ones I spent three hours making, you ate them.” There was static in Taekwoon’s head as he tried harshly to comprehend these words. He easily remembered the cookies in subject. They were chewy and just the right amount of sweet, blue frosting painting little swirls over smooth, white icing. “You’re… you’re throwing a fit… over cookies?” he asked rather dumbly, but Hakyeon only cried out, “Yes! I was saving those for you, idiot! I was going to give them to you on a cute date to surprise you but then you just ate them while I was gone! I didn’t even get to see your face or your excitement or… or...  It ruined everything!”

He fought not to smile, but he couldn’t help but feel relieved. No big issue then, no break up. As he should’ve expected, this was all Hakyeon being overdramatic. “It wouldn’t have been a surprise anyway, they were just sitting in the fridge. I had to reach over them to get to my blood bags, they weren’t hidden.” Hakyeon smacked his head against the doorframe, gasping as it probably hurt more than he expected. “I just figured you wouldn’t be looking where you were grabbing!”

“And if you were going to give them to me anyway, what’s the big deal with me eating them? I appreciate that you made them. They were really good.” Hakyeon groaned, dropping to a squat to hide his face in his arms, curled up in the doorframe in the ultimate pout. “You’re the worst!” he whined, but at this point he seemed to realize that it was his own mistake that brought this mess. “It was gonna be so cute too, you were supposed to be so surprised…” Taekwoon laughed, and Hakyeon sighed before reaching down and slipping the silver bracelet off his left wrist, then his right, reaching behind him to unclip the choker. “I’m still mad,” he sputtered, but he wasn’t, Taekwoon could easily tell. “Ah, really?” the vampire hummed, following as Hakyeon stood and receded into the bedroom, Taekwoon finding himself extremely thankful that they had blackout curtains in here; The sun had peeked over the hills by now, and his eyes were beginning straining a bit. “You don’t look mad.”

Hakyeon face planted onto the bed, his voice muffled through the pillows, “I’m so mad I can’t even show you. The silver just got itchy. Go away.” The vampire cocked an eyebrow. “Silver? Got itchy?”

“Yes! Very itchy! Now begone, undead pest! I have sleep to attend to!” Hakyeon’s call was hardly audible through the fabric his face was still shoved into, and Taekwoon took the moment of vulnerability to flop down on the bed right beside him, nuzzling up to his side. “I loved the cookies, Hakyeonnie. I was very surprised to find them in the fridge and enjoyed every single bite.” A small huff fizzled from beside him, but the other didn’t seem to have an argument, almost like he was waiting to hear more. “And I’m very sorry for eating them without asking first.” A pause, three seconds exactly, and then Hakyeon was rolling to his side, pulling Taekwoon on top of him so quickly that the vampire collapsed over him in a heap of arms and legs. They shuffled until it was comfortable and no limbs were going numb before Hakyeon was muttering again, “I love you, you idiot. Be more careful next time.” Taekwoon wondered if it was worth the possible consequences, but he’d always been a bit mischievous, especially when Hakyeon was so fun to pick on.

“Yes, cookie prince. I won’t touch your precious creations ever again lest I want to be slain by your wrath.” A socked foot was shoved into his gut hard enough that he was thrown to the floor, but he couldn’t hold back a laugh even as Hakyeon huffed out, “I changed my mind, sleep on the couch!” There was no protest when he slithered back onto the bed, pressing kisses at the other’s neck. “I’m a little sorry,” Taekwoon muttered as he did so, and Hakyeon chuckled as the feathery kisses tickled somewhat. “You jerk. Jerk jerk jerk. I hate you.” The tone was all too gentle, even as Taekwoon nipped a little in request to bite. “You love me,” Taekwoon hummed right before he sunk his teeth gently into the place where he always bit, where little spotted scars had formed like love bites, scars that Hakyeon was always pressing his fingers against fondly. “Maybe,” the other laughed, releasing the breath he caught when Taekwoon bit down. “Maybe a little. Maybe a lot. You really , Taekwoon.” A moment, a calm one that the vampire spent taking careful, grateful swallows. “Get it? ? It’s a pun.” With a groan, the younger pulled away, dabbing at the blood that bubbled up from the small wounds and muttering, “Maybe I really will sleep on the couch.”

“No!” Hakyeon pouted dramatically before pulling the other into his chest. “You’re warm and I’m cold and it’s bedtime anyway! You’re not going anywhere!”

Taekwoon found himself Hakyeon’s hair softly long after the other was deep in sleep, Mittens having shuffled into the room and flopped onto the elder’s chest. Even with moments of intensity, Hakyeon was never someone he felt like he couldn’t handle. From cookie arguments to impulse cat adoptions, from soft kisses to passionate ones, his time with Hakyeon never was too much to deal with.

But, just in case, with oven mitts keeping his hands safe, the first thing Taekwoon did before bed was throw the silver jewelry left by the door into the trash can.