TO: smallbear99 - BxG

VIXX ST✰RLIGHT Secret Santa 2017 // 10.03 UPDATE

​Title of the Gift: Admitting Nothing

Pairing: N x OC

Number of Words: 1,681

Genre: Fluff, Romance

Warning: None

Note to my Giftee: Merry Christmas WhiteGold17 I hope you like it <3!

 


 

Admitting Nothing

 

N has been best friends with Haru ever since she stuck Macaroni up the nose of the boy who was bullying him in 3rd grade.

He’s never had someone expelled for him and it made his heart flutter when Haru was still smiling despite the uppercut the bully gave her after. She made N never want to cry again.

When Haru first saw N she thought he was a girl to be honest but he was wearing the boy uniform- so that couldn’t be. However after Haru saw the resident class bully picking on N- right off the bat Haru got super upset (always the hero) and ended up with a suspension, a bruised jaw and a best friend.

After that Haru and N were inseparable.

N grew up totally opposite of his original character: outgoing, fun to be around and a really righteous kind of guy. While Haru grew up to be a little dorky and shy.

N still told Haru she was stunning every day. It was a little thing in between them, a promise. That they’d pick each other up whenever the other was feeling down.

There was one day that N was sick from school. Even when he had a cold, he’d come to class but his fever was so high he could barely walk. Haru was alone by herself when the usual gathering of girls started bullying her for hanging around N. Who was apparently ‘The hottest Guy in class’.

It wasn’t unusual, they harassed her. However, today was rather severe says N was not at school. Haru tried as best she could not to cry throughout the day, however it was really stressful and she ended up crying right after her last period. She ran straight to N’s side, needing more than anything to see his face.

At the end of middle school Haru finally realized she loved N much more then a friend would when N began to go out with another girl called Jane.

Jane was extremely popular in the class. She was pretty, she was smart, she seemed to have such a positive attitude that all the guys seemed to literally fall at her feet.

The only thing that Jane did not have was the ability to be nice to Haru. She was at the middle of the group, all the time, and she was often the nastiest. Thanks to Haru not saying anything N did not know how bad it was. There was one time that N confronted Jane on his own. He told Haru to go home alone while he talk to her.

Haru not know, but this was the event that spiraled into N eventually dating Jay NY.

While this was happening, Haru’s dad had gotten a business proposal from the company he was at for another country. When Haru got home that night, her father asked her how she would feel about living away for a while.

“How long?”

“A year, maybe more?“ Haru was ready to say no however she just went to bed and thought it over. A new job would benefit her dad and she couldn’t be selfish to her dad. He had given her everything, after her mother died he was her only stronghold before N.

Regretfully Haru would have to move for high school... in the morning when Haru awoke, N was there to greet her as usual. On the walk to school however, N wanted to give Haru some news. But she had to tell him what was going on as well. They both ended up speaking at the same time, then laughing.

“You go first Haru.”

“ No, no you go first N.”

“ You sure?”

“ Trust me, I’m positive.”

“ Haru... last night when I was talking to Jay NY, about the bullying... She asked me out…”

“What?”

“ And I said yes.”

“WHAT?!”

“What did you need to tell me?“

Because of this Haru never got to tell N how she felt...

When Haru went off to another country for High school the only thing keeping Haru from being lonely was that N kept texting her every day and night. Oh and their other child hood friend Hyuk.

“Hyuk, i’ve been single for two years so far. I wonder why I make myself so miserable…”

“ I wish you just tell N how you feel and get over it.”

“ He already has Jane, they’ve been going out since before I left – and it’s been two years since then… They’re obviously happy together.”

“ Who cares? You shouldn’t. After all all that should matter to you, is your own happiness.”

“ Thanks Hyuk, I miss you too.”

In the first semester of her second year, thank to her tall height, Haru managed to get onto the schools basketball team. Thanks to all the studying N forced her to do, She started playing for the schools debate team as well.

She got lasik because of soccer and it changed a lot of things about her. She wasn’t as gloomy anymore thanks to Basketball, or shy.

She was relatively happy with all of her new friends. However, she still missed N. Every day she would think about him as she got home, since they had a four hour time difference, and Haru when got home earlier, she would leave N a message on Skype to video chat her later.

In third year, Haru was promoted to the leader of the girls basketball team. Her dad was at every game for emotional support. It was only during those games that Haru put 100 percent of her focus on the game and forgot about N.

Finally Haru was ready to graduate. All the schools back home that Haru had applied for, had given her scholarships.

“It is almost time to graduate N... where do you plan to go to college?“

“ Probably O Since it’s the closest and I can see my nieces and nephews anytime I want.”

“How are they anyway?“

“My nephew is growing up way too fast. side. The little girl is almost 4 now... Crazy right?”

“Really...”

“ Anyways what colleges are you planning to go to when you come back?“

“ Probably same.”

“That’s great, well finally be partners in crime once more.“

Haru laughed which made N laugh. Damn she missed him... Over Skype , Haru could tell that N had grown up into a handsome man. And Haru wanted nothing more than to melt into his embrace.

Haru couldn’t wait and scheduled Her flight back home right after graduating high school. Before her dad. Jane be damned, Haru would finally tell N what she had felt over the past four years...

“Are you coming to see me at the airport?”

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world Haru!”

“When you get here I have to tell you something regarding Jane.”

“Sure Hyuk will be there too.”

N had been dating Jane since Haru had gone off to High school. Jane was bubbly, bright, and ridiculously hot. And Haru hated her guts.

Probably because she had N and she made sure to let Haru know that any chance she got, being especially affectionate with him whenever The were on Skype together.

“Of course.” Haru smiled even over the phone remembering that Jane had told her recently to ‘never return’. Well her four years were up. And Haru was returning with a bang.

Haru: “@ the airport- flight just landed.”

N: “ I will be right at the doors when you come out!”

Haru could already imagine N’s sheepish, guilty, crooked grin and she smiled to himself as she got off the plane with her carry on.

For the walk over Haru put on her headphones. The walk to the luggage are would be long but worth it when she saw N and finally told him the truth...

While he was he looked around at all the people in the airport, the beautiful business women, the cute flight attendants, the female workers behind the counters getting customers their tickets. N could help his nervousness.

Haru thought back to High School as she carried her luggage to the automated doors to see N. Four long years in another country... learning new things, having no friends...

The automated door opened, Haru emerges but N was no where to be found.

Haru: “Where are you?”

N: “There’s a guy with your name on a sign right?”

Haru: “ Right...?”

N: “ He’ll drive you to where I am.”

Haru: “ Are you serious?”

N:” Tell me when you get here.”

Haru begrudgingly got into the taxi and they drove to a N’s house.

Haru: “ Coming inside now.”

Haru got upset over the fact that N didn’t come pick her up himself. Mad that June had somehow convinced him not to...

“Cha Hakyeon I swear to-“

When Haru looked forward there N knelt. A diamond ring in his hand.

And everything that Haru had originally wanted to say left her mind.

“N...? What...”

“ I know this is sudden. Like super sudden-“

“Super...”

“- but... you being away for so long had made me realize just how much you mean to me.” I’m sorry that I was at the airport to pick you up today-“

Haru ran to N

“No. No! It’s-“

“Haru?”

“Yes?”

“Can I finish?” Haru sealed with her fingers.

“I’ve broken up and gotten back together with June May times these past four years but it wasn’t because I loved her. I realized I liked her but I was yearning for you. And finally, finally you have so Haru...”

“Y- Yes...”

“Will you do me the honor of marrying me?”

“I will! Yes! Yes I will!” Haru pulled N into a strong kiss. Her tongue sliding into his mouth just as a loud cough broke the two up.

“Should we leave?” All of Haru’s middle school friend, both of their families were hiding to surprise Haru as well.

Red as a tomato Haru looked at N and they both couldn’t stop laughing.