TO: sangyekyun - BxB

VIXX ST✰RLIGHT Secret Santa 2017 // 10.03 UPDATE

Title of the Gift: Like You Used To

Number of Words: 2,120

Pairing: chasang

Genre: angst , fluff

Note to my Giftee: it's mostly angst with a bit of fluff as i wanted to focus more on the feelings of the characters, i hope it was to you're liking <3 ^^

 


 

Like You Used To

 

"hyukiie, can you get me the car keys and my jacket, please." hakyeon loudly mumbles from the bathroom, mouth full of the toothpaste's foam and hair sticking out in all directions but he still managed to look really cute even when he's still have just woken up.

 

the younger did as he was instructed. he went into his hyung's room, searching for the keys which he had found on the night stand beside the left side of the bed. he took the latter's favorite jacket from the closet, it was in black which was something he really liked seeing his hyung wear, that color really complimented whatever hakyeon would wear and he liked seeing that.

 

he didn't like bright colors that much, they were just too..bright. they'd always seize you're attention long enough for you to forget to focus on other things that actually mattered. they were such an annoying distraction, and he hated them.

 

while dark color like black and gray were his and hakyeon's favorite. the latter liked to mix colors and wear multicolored clothes; but he still wore what hyuk would like him to, the younger just liked seeing the latter wear them, it fitted his image so well.

 

"thanks hyukie." hakyeon utters after taking the jacket and keys from the maknae's hands. he didn't give much of a look to hyuk though, he just said his thanks and ran straight for the door, he even missed breakfast..

 

it wasn't a first, he missed dinners, lunches, it became so frequent that they didn't count his share anymore. he was so busy he didn't even have the time to sit down for a meal with them..

 

hyuk didn't think much of it at first.. he thought that he was just busy with work as all of them are, he thought that things will get better with time..he thought that it won't turn out this way eventually...

 

he hoped maybe it will change...but nothing seemed to be going the way he wanted to....

 

hakyeon just kept getting more and more busier, more and more active, his schedules kept pilling up, one after the other....

 

he hated it.

 

he hated how things have turned out ...why and how did something that the six of them desired to do had began slowly tearing them apart..how did they're days of happiness and shared stories and those silly games that they used to play for hours...became just a memory.

 

he missed those days...

 

the days of being busy but not that much occupied to not play and bond with each other..

 

the days of them together under the same roof, just playing..he missed it. hakyeon was like the glue, taking them away from checking with their phones and being isolated into playing and having fun together threw simple games...it was pleasing and enjoyable.

 

they got to know much more about each other threw it, they've got to know they're dislikes and likes...mainly because of hakyeon's easygoing character.

but now...he only came home to sleep and get ready to leave for work..

 

he hated to admit it at first, the fact that he missed his hyung who was the one to always and stick like glue to him, he was the one to always push him away, demanding to be left alone. but , hakyeon being with his ever optimistic and playful character would stick around more, teasing and babying him like a five year old..

 

he did dislike that sort of treatment at first, but with time he got too used to them..to the degree that he wanted it's occurrence to be more often..he'd start talking with him and getting closer to him just for the sole purpose of making his hyung and baby him..he got addictive on getting this sort of attention...

 

he enjoyed it. he somehow craved to be treated that way, his age , height and built made it kind of absurd to be wanting or receiving that kind of treatment.

 

but hakyeon's indifference towards these kind of matters was one of the things hyuk most liked about him. he just did it genuinely, without asking. giving love and attention for whoever is in front of him. hyuk would even get jealous at times if one of the members was getting that attention from hakyeon.

 

he'd later take his revenge by bullying who'd ever received that, which was taekwoon mostly. he wouldn't deny how fun it was to bully taekwoon and push him around. his helplessness and lack of desire to fight back only triggered him to keep on further tormenting him.

 

but hakyeon's reaction to him was what most pleased him.

 

true, hakyeon would be almost unresponsive to his mischief at times, but in other times he'd interfere to make the younger stop his bullying, hyuk would resist at first until hakyeon would hug him tightly, he'd push him to

the wall allowing the poor taekwoon to flee while he'd be busy sticking like glue to hyuk.

 

hyuk wouldn't resist much after that, he'd push him away, but only slightly , just enough for the other to push himself harder on the younger.

 

when he'd back away, he'd ruffle hyuk's hair and would smile at him with the warmest he'd ever seen before squeezing his cheeks and cooing at how cute and adorable he is despite being the grown man he had came to be. he'd later stick to hyuk and show him random stuff on his phone before starting to tell him random stories with eyes shinning ever so brightly...

 

hyuk missed this routine...

 

it was his favorite of all....

 

but now they all had became just a memory floating around. reminding him of what he once have taken for granted.

 

regret had consumed him. he regretted how he'd sometimes get cold towards hakyeon. he had regretted it.

 

the look on the latter's face, that sad expression would forever be printed in his memory reminding him of what once existed....

 

he wanted to redeem those mistakes...he yearned to cherish hakyeon's existence like the latter actually deserved.

 

he just wanted him back...

 

he didn't know when tears began to fall down his cheeks..the more he thought about hakyeon and how much he mattered and how much he should've cherished the way he should had the more they'd flew down...

 

"hyukie what's the matter?" hakyeon says the moment he stepped foot inside the apartment after his date with his friend was cancelled, he was shocked to see his maknae with eyes full of tears just where he had left him.

 

he rushed to him asking what's wrong but all he got was sobs one after the other. he decided to seat the younger on the couch so he'd be able to be more rational with him.

 

the younger kept on crying, the more the clock ticked the more he'd sob harder and harder, just as if hakyeon's presence made it even harder for him to breath and calm himself down.

 

hakyeon was so devastated to see him like this. he didn't know what to do , the younger was crying uncontrollably, his sobs and hiccups have filled the room and all he has done so far was placing his hand over the younger's shoulders and looking at him with a questioning frown.

 

he decided to bring him closer to himself with a hug. tightly holding him to his chest whispering words of comfort to the younger's ear.

minutes later, hyuk actually calmed down a bit. the warmth coming from hakyeon's embrace was comforting in a way that made him feel like he is the smallest creature to ever exist, so fragile that just a touch will break him.

 

"hyung-..." he lowly mutters, seizing hakyeon's attention, the latter was worried sick, he wanted to know what was wrong.

 

"...-I've m-missed you ..h-hyung" he utters feeling tears pilling up again.

 

"but, i was here ..a few minutes ago.." hakyeon tries to reason with the younger. he quickly regretted his words as the outcome of it was hyuk sobbing even more. he tried to shush the younger quietly rocking him back and forth as hot tears continued to stain the younger's cheeks.

 

he felt hands circle around his torso, in attempt by the younger to embrace and bring him closer, more to feel his chest against his, he wanted to hold him dearly like he had never done before. "hyung..please stay..p-please, let's get back to the way we used to." he mumbles through hakyeon's shirt, hardly audible with how low his voice was.

 

"what do you mean ?" he hated the fact that he was asking this question. obviously hyuk was upset about something, and for him not to understand the meaning behind his words just seemed out of place..

 

hyuk knew that hakyeon will probably get nothing about what he meant so he opted that the best solution now was to straightforwardly convey what he wanted.

 

"y-you've been gone..you don't stay with us like before..you're rarely here..you don't-...you don't ba-..treat me like the way you used to..you've become distant..and cold."

 

it was hard to say all of what he had kept inside for so long, it was a first for him, to cry and let it out, he had to admit a part of his dignity has been lost, but it felt good. it felt like a weight has been lifted off of his chest...

 

hakyeon on the other hand was in utter shock, he hadn't expected this. it was nowhere near what he had expected the younger to say. he thought that what he was doing had really annoyed them, especially hyuk. he had come to believe that after how many times he was pushed away and how many times he was glared at and told off..he had come to feel that his mere presence had become a nonsense to them...

 

"but you always push me away..you always say that i am annoying and bothersome..how do you expect me to stay the same after receiving so many..hurtful words.."

 

hakyeon was the same..he had things that he had kept inside hidden..for so long..

 

"i-.." hyuk has no words to say, hakyeon was right, he pushed him away and called him annoying, he did that. but he never would have thought that hakyeon will actually take his words like this...no words can undo what he had done..regret and remorse had taken over his being.

 

"i'm sorry hyung,...i didn't mean it..i didn't mean for it to be taken that way..." he couldn't even face hakyeon properly..as if he was incapable of doing so...

 

"i just wanted you to..look only at me..to only spoil me .." he had began to blush, it was embarrassing to say it, but conveying his feelings and making hakyeon understand what he wants and what he feels is at the top of his priorities now. "i didn't think they have this effect on you ..i'm sorry.." he had come to believe that words can have they're own effect, they are strong after all. " you always acted like it was nothing...i'm sorry"

 

as much as hakyeon wanted to scold him and tell him that he can't ran around telling people that they are annoying and expect them to continue acting as if it was nothing.

 

he wanted to tell him that. he wanted to convey that so badly to him. he wanted to tell him that people also have feelings that shouldn't be played with like that..but he had decided to throw all of that away. it was clear that hyuk was in regret and that he didn't mean to sound that cruel..

 

"i shall do that..like i used to .." he says seeing how the younger quickly brightened up. " but you have to promise me one thing." he says eyes all but serious and he was met with the same from hyuk.

 

"never..say harsh words like that..they hurt."

 

hyuk eyes dropped to look down, he could really sense how those small words have effected the younger greatly.

 

"yes, hyung." he was determined to correct himself, to be more nicer towards the older who is more than worthy of it.

 

hyuk's eyes were illuminating , it was so cute in hakyeon eyes. he ruffled the younger's hair as a wide smile fully displayed on his features his face.

 

the younger quickly hugged the elder so tight he was about to crush him. he finally could feel the same as before. he now could feel that warmth and the happiness and the immense feeling of satisfactory again. all from a single touch.

 

hakyeon cooed at how cute hyuk was, despite being physically bigger than him, he'd always treat him the same way that he had been..