TO: Kokechan - BxB

VIXX ST✰RLIGHT Secret Santa 2017 // 10.03 UPDATE

Title of the Gift: The Fire to My Candles

Pairing: Navi

Words: 2,004

Genre: fluff

Warning: None

Note to my Giftee: Hihihi sorry if this is not what you expected, I tried my best really~ Merry Christmas! have a great day and a fantastic 2018 <33

 


 

The Fire to My Candles

 

 

Wonshik stared up at the apartment in front of him, swallowing thickly at the stiff aura around the complex. With a exhausted sigh, The man gripped on his trolley bag, dragging it across the stoned ground. He pressed the button for the 5th floor, another sigh dropping from his lips at the agonizingly slow speed the elevator seemed to come down with.

 

 

He leaned against the wall, eyes flickering around the empty lobby. Might as well take in the sight of everything now, He thought bitterly, not a slight bit excited. When the elevator finally came, He was even more disappointed at the packed situation of the elevator, to say he wasn’t the biggest fan of crowded spaces would not be a lie. But thankfully, He snagged himself and his bag a spot in the corner, besides some woman who was yelling in to her phone.

“I told you-No, listen!-I-Okay look here Sungjin, Just give me the goddamn money and everything will be fine” She argued and Wonshik couldn’t help but roll his eyes, He was sure in whatever case, Money would definitely not be the solution. Except maybe food, Then he could understand, Food is everything after all, He snorted a bit, Suddenly recalling the day he and his friends back at his hometown had a food parade and almost got arrested for being a nuisance to their neighbors.

 

“Hey!” Someone snapped their fingers in his face and he blinked, the woman that was screaming in to the phone a few seconds ago was frowning up at his face “Are you listening in to my conversation?!” She exclaimed and Wonshik blinked again, shrugging a bit “You were talking a bit loudly so I uh, Accidentally overheard it?” He mumbled and she frowned even more.

“What gives you the right to listen in to my private matters and actually have the sanity to judge me for it in front of everyone! And don’t even bother denying it, Isaw that eye roll!” She said, clearly furious. Wonshik raised his hands in defense “Ah, Sorry. My bad” He apologized quickly, although not really finding what he needed to apologize for. She shot him a disgruntled look and a huff, raising her nose up in the air quite snootily.

 

He could feel eyes raking all over him, and people whisper amongst themselves about him. On how he was such a bad influence to their children and what not, The tattoos he had gotten seemed to make the situation worse, Because one look at the ink on his body, anyone besides him would scoot away. So rather then trying to make friends with the people surrounding him, He opted to stare at the red numbers at the doorway.

 

After what may have been twenty minutes, He reached his destination. Scowling a bit, He poked the key at the keyhole, opening his room blankly. As soon as he locked the door, He ran to the bedroom and unpacked his bags, Not that he was a neat person or anything, He just wanted to spare time to rest. He finished arranging his necessities and jumped on the bed, his body relaxing in to it’s comfort instantly. It wasn’t his choice, He never wanted to move to this city in the beginning BUT he happened to be a nice son and complied to whatever demands his parents met him with, Thus leading to his to begin a life in Seoul, leaving his parents back at their hometown, alongside all his friends.

 

Knock Knock

He perked up, Who was that? He jumped up from the bed and peered through the little hole that came with the door, for safety purposes he believes. He opened the door, wishing he didn’t when two men came screaming on to his face. “H-How may I help you?” He stuttered out, eyes widening in fright. “WHERE IS THE- Who are you?! Did he send you to cover for him? I know he is in there! Show us him now!” One of them glared and Wonshik tilted his head, confused “I am sorry but, What?”

“I am sorry sir but I think you got the wrong door?” He suggested, slowly closing the door “Now bye bye have a great day!” He smiled, quickly attempting the close door. But the bigger man stuck his foot in the way “Open up” He growled and Wonshik cowered, opening the door in fear for his life.

 

The man grinned triumphantly and marched inside the house while yelling for some man, the other man not far behind. They went in to his bedroom and began searching “I am sorry but what the heck are you looking for?!” Wonshik cried out, his hands flying up to tug on his hair out of frustration at the mess they were making. “Wait, What apartment is this?” One of the men suddenly said and Wonshik muttered out a “458” The two other men dropped whatever that was in their hands “Oh woops, Wrong place” The bulkier one grinned sheepishly, tossing his phone on to the ground, “Come on” He gestured to the other man to follow, while Wonshik watched the scene in pure disbelief.

 

He groaned loudly and locked the door when the duo finally left, He grimaced at the mess of his bedroom. He picked up his phone, it carefully and placing it on the bedside table. He collected all the items that were strewn across the floor and arranged it. When he was finally done rearraging his things, He plopped down on the bed and looked through the food delivery services around him, “Hi can I get a..large chicken pizza? How much would that be? Oh, Alright okay bye” He hung up, patting his growling stomach to calm down.

 

It hadn’t been an hour since he arrived to this city but he already hated it, He found no reason to even be there, The pretty lights and neatly decorated trees did no help in cheering him up. Christmas was always fun with his friends and family, But now he was stuck alone in a awfully unfamiliar and odd city. It was sad.

The pizza arrived, and he wasn’t even surprised they managed to mess the order up. Either today was Wonshik’s unlucky day or the world simply just hates him. He sighed, staring at the incredibly boring documentary rolling on the screen of his TV, taking another bite out of his beef and nut pizza. When he went to bed, He swore that he would run away screaming from this horrifying city if he had to deal with something messed up.

 

****

 

The morning went surprisingly well, He gotten himself breakfast that tasted quite decent and gotten ready quickly for the job he was hired for. It was nothing special, Just a waiter at a cafe in town. The moment he stepped out of the apartment, He could literally feel that something would go wrong today. He managed to go down the elevator without any problems but the moment he got himself a taxi, He knew he was in trouble. Why? Well firstly, He had forgotten his wallet at home and the driver was ignoring his pleas to stop the car, (“I don’t have time to pause for you to get whatever”)

 

And so, he was stuck in the back of the car, defeated and the guilt had already begun creeping into his stomach.

“Where is the money?” The driver was holding out his hand, a frown on his lips as he saw the way Wonshik was looking slightly scared. “Huh? Uh, I left my wallet at home..” He mumbled, The driver frowned even deeper “you could have told me to wait for you to get it!” He cried out, disappointed and Wonshik frowned “But you told me you won’t wait for me?” The driver sighed, shooting him a glare “I know this is your way of avoiding to pay for money. Just go” Wonshik guiltily stared at his feet “I could pay you later?” He tried to say but the Driver just shook his head “Just go” He gritted out and Wonshik quickly crawled out of the vehicle, apologizing to him.

 

He trudged inside the store, guilt settling in his tummy. He should be glad to get a free ride, but the goddamn guilt won’t stop. He took a deep breath, awkward,y tapping on the counter and asking the boy to get him the manager. The boy smiled at him “Oh? You must be Wonshik!” He exclaimed and Wonshik was taken aback, This boy was awfully cheerful. “Y-Yeah that’s me” He stuttered, awkwardly shuffling his feet under the strong gaze of the boy “I am Hakyeon, Your co-worker now I guess. Come in, I will get you our Leo” He chuckled, wiping his hands on the black apron he had on. Wonshik raised an eyebrow “Leo?” The Hakyeon boy laughed “Yep! That’s what we call our Manager, he does not like it but it’s fun” And Wonshik has to admit, Hakyeon had pretty eyes, especially when they crinkle at the edges whenever he laughs.

 

 

“Oh I see” He nodded, walking through the swinging doors of the side of the counter. Hakyeon disappeared into the back and Wonshik checked out the counter, rubbing at the smoothness of the wood. “Hello Wonshik-ssi” A soft voice greeted and Wonshik bowed “You must be uh, my manager?” He asked and he nodded, his feline eyes staring intensely in to him “Yes I am Taekwoon, your manager. You can call me hyung if you like, Just do not call me anything this nuisance makes up” He glared at Hakyeon, smacking his head a bit, making the latter giggle “Anyways, You will be working as a waiter. You can start today if you like” He offered and Wonshik nodded “Sure, I’d like that” He breathed, rubbing his hands together to warm them. Hakyeon skipped ahead and brought him an apron “Put this on” He chirped and Wonshik complied.

 

“Okay so, I need you to give the couple by the window this” He handed Wonshik a bagel and two cups of coffee “Be careful, Do not spill it” He reminded and Wonshik took a deep breath, hoping all the bad luck in his system flies away. He definitely did not want to mess up in front Hakyeon, if he does he will legit die of shame and embarrassment. He thankfully served the dish without any mistakes, to which hakyeon complimented him with a “I did not know you will be that good!”

 

His day just changed the moment he saw Hakyeon. If he thought no one was perfect, He was going to have to take it back. What he saw in front of him was literal perfection. Hakyeon was perfect.

“So where will you be going after work?” Hakyeon suddenly asked as he began wiping a plate clean. Wonshik sighed “Home” He said softly, gazing out the little window. “Oh” Hakyeon hummed, leaving the plate on the counter and sitting down next to him, his eyes wandering around the empty café “Would you like to go get something maybe?” He leaned in to Wonshik’s shoulder, cuddling up to his side “Look..I know we met and all but, are you a campfire? You are really hot” He grinned cheekily, taking joy of the way Wonshik’s eyes widened.

 

“Uh” He uttered, completely clueless on what to do. Hakyeon smiled “Wanna go get a coffee?” He asked grabbing Wonshik’s hand. “But we are supposed to be working!” He exclaimed and Hakyeon rolled his eyes “No one is coming, Besides life is fun with more risks eh?” His eyes twinkled under the little lamp above them. “Goddamit, You really know how to lure a person” Wonshik muttered, a smile on his lips as he took off his apron. The moment Hakyeon took his hand and led himself outside, He realized something, Maybe the candles in his life had been out but he was sure Hakyeon just lit everyone single one of them up.